Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,622 members, 7,823,730 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 02:03 PM

Shell Is Now Recruiting Graduate (closing Date 17 April 2006) - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Shell Is Now Recruiting Graduate (closing Date 17 April 2006) (1724 Views)

Bwoffshore is Recruiting, Closing Date October 31st.... / Ernst And Young Recruiting Graduate Trainees 2013 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Shell Is Now Recruiting Graduate (closing Date 17 April 2006) by charlisco(m): 2:37pm On Apr 05, 2006
Hurry now and forward your cv to logisticjobs@shell.com
Write short application form indicating your resident address, and here is the receiver address

The Persennel Manager,
Operating Unit
Shell Nigeria Exploration and Production Company
(SNEPCO) Ltd,

my example below will be as a guid

11 Yourstreet,
Wafi Area,
Warri,
Delta State
5th April, 2006.

The Persennel Manager,
Operating Unit
Shell Nigeria Exploration and Production Company
(SNEPCO) Ltd,

Sir,

Application for the post of team Member Operation and Dispatching

I wish to apply as team member, operations and dispatching in your higly esteemed company as advertised by you.

I am a Computer Engineering graduate from the university of Benin, Benin City, Edo State.
My Curriculum Vitae is attached for your perusal.

I will be most grateful should my application be favourably considered

Yours faithfully,
Charlisco Oba
Re: Shell Is Now Recruiting Graduate (closing Date 17 April 2006) by njokma(m): 3:10pm On Apr 05, 2006
I want to know the actual post advertised and the newspaper which have the advert. Please I need an immediate answer.
Thanks
Re: Shell Is Now Recruiting Graduate (closing Date 17 April 2006) by charlisco(m): 3:22pm On Apr 05, 2006
i forgot to answer the guy that was doing it in my office, anyway i think that will be tomorrow
Re: Shell Is Now Recruiting Graduate (closing Date 17 April 2006) by honeyworld: 2:00pm On Apr 06, 2006
hello charlisco oba,

whats dname of the newspaper that advertised the shell stuff?whats the job position?
well,i am 26 ,male and a graduate of sociology from the university of lagos.i really want that job with shell.i\m sure u can help me out with that.well, how are u and how is life in warri?may i know you?pls,kindly call or text me up---08023195908. email---mylordlord@yahoo.com
cheers

best wishes
lanre
Re: Shell Is Now Recruiting Graduate (closing Date 17 April 2006) by stark(m): 2:43pm On Apr 07, 2006
PLS GENTLE MEN CAN ONE TELL ME THE ACTUAL JOB POSTINGS IN SHELL. WE REALLY DONT KNOW WHAT TO APPLY FOR. THKS.
Re: Shell Is Now Recruiting Graduate (closing Date 17 April 2006) by charlisco(m): 7:12pm On Apr 07, 2006
it was one guy that was doing it online, i decide to ask him a little question about the stuff, he told me to forward my cv to the email address i post above together with a short letter of application, during the process of attaching his cv, i told him to type the letter in microsoft notepad, unknow to him, so that i will stylish save it and see the format he used.
when i was asking him where he got the information from he said from the newpaper, i forget to asked him the name of the news paper he got it from. that is a big mistake i made.

i do not want to ask him further, so that he will not notice my interest since, that guy in question is very secretive if i may used that word to qualify him.

i will see what i can do b4 the closing date, just be praying i met him again
Re: Shell Is Now Recruiting Graduate (closing Date 17 April 2006) by Ratio: 12:46pm On Apr 09, 2006
Hi, gentle guy i will like to know the format for cv because i will like to apply for the post, pls send it thru my mail address .Thanks
Re: Shell Is Now Recruiting Graduate (closing Date 17 April 2006) by seyibabs: 12:20pm On Apr 11, 2006
Thanks man. Love yah
Re: Shell Is Now Recruiting Graduate (closing Date 17 April 2006) by Goodnews: 4:13pm On Apr 11, 2006
This is one of the position, I will send more:
COST & PLANNING PROFESSIONALS

Principal Responsibilities
• Update existing cost estimating methodologies and tools to perform economic analysis and evaluations. Provide cost engineering expertise, review capabilities, including cost estimating and risk, uncertainty and sensitivity ananalysis|_• Define cost structures, and develop cost control and benchmarking systems with the aim of increasing efficiency and realizing reductions in unit technical costs and life cycle costs.
• Identify and evaluate new technologies, cost models and tools for estimating CAPEX CAP EX and, if appropriate, progress and manage use in current assets and in new projects under development. Review existing cost systems and methods for compliance with the SPDC and Group standards and recommend actions to correct deficiencies.
• Participate in concept option evaluation on facilities engineering work, to define cost scope, cost breakdown structures and appropriate accuracy levels.
• Provide cost engineering input into Field Developments, new projects, plant or facility upgrades and Operations in terms of screening studies, budget control, cost database management, including contingency and commitment control.
• Participate in project cost audits / reviews during concept development, conceptual and detailed design basis. Participate in VARs, peer assists and technical challenge sessions to ensure consistent application of SPDC Cost engineering standards.
• Perform internal and external benchmarking (i.e. against historical performance, industry norms and established KPIs) to improve and optimise costs.
• Participate in SPDC sponsored Cost Engineering and Cost Management
• Develop own skills and competence in line with changing business needs and technical advances in Cost Engineering and Cost Management.

Qualifications/Experience
• A good university degree in Quantity Surveying or its equivalent, with a minimum second clas lower division.
• Good knowledge of a broad range of Cost engineering and Cost Management systems, tools and practices.
• Good inter-personal and leadership skills. Good communications skills (i.e. report writing and presentation) are essential.
• Working knowledge of at least Microsoft Word, Excel and Powerpoint, whereas the knowledge of Access is an advantage.

Challenges
• To develop valid and robust capital cost estimates to the required confidence levels in a nation such as Nigeria where the economy is still in transition.
• To challenge accepted views, cost methodologies and standards, in order to optimise bottom line costs, while still ensuring credible and robust cost structures are in place and the cost information processes are not compromised.
• To tackle a broad spectrum of technical and commercial issues and uncertainties, which must be engineered and managed to enable quality cost engineering estimates and decisions to be made.
• To apply best practices in managing cost database and delivering cost engineering services and support.

Upon recruitment, successful Candidates will employed on Direct Hire Term contract for a period of 4 years at a time. Successful Candidates will undergo career and competence development enhanced by hands-on opportunity of managing real business issues while making effective contribution to the business from the very first day on the job in Estimating and Scheduling projects.
Re: Shell Is Now Recruiting Graduate (closing Date 17 April 2006) by Goodnews: 4:17pm On Apr 11, 2006
I have attached some more, I guess they are more of experienced positions.

Re: Shell Is Now Recruiting Graduate (closing Date 17 April 2006) by stark(m): 9:47am On Apr 12, 2006
GOODNEWS
YOU ARE A GREAT MAN. MAY YOUR DAYS BE LONG. I HOPE TO COMPLY SOON.CHEERS
Re: Shell Is Now Recruiting Graduate (closing Date 17 April 2006) by stark(m): 6:37pm On Apr 12, 2006
GUYS, MY APPLICATION WAS TURNED DOWN. I DONT KNOW THE REASON.
Re: Shell Is Now Recruiting Graduate (closing Date 17 April 2006) by LAXIST(m): 6:00am On Apr 14, 2006
I do not if i am alone, but i think this e-mail logisticjobs@shell.com is not a valid one.I sent my resume, but all i got is mailer daemon.Does anyone have a similar experience?
Re: Shell Is Now Recruiting Graduate (closing Date 17 April 2006) by forgiven(m): 8:18am On Apr 14, 2006
I also got my resume back,
Re: Shell Is Now Recruiting Graduate (closing Date 17 April 2006) by georgee(m): 10:10am On Apr 14, 2006
mine didnt bounce back,infact i was instantly replied tru my box that i'll b contacted soon, try typing again and check spellings,
GOOD LUCK
Re: Shell Is Now Recruiting Graduate (closing Date 17 April 2006) by oro: 11:33am On Apr 14, 2006
Oba so hard to beli people like u sti exist.thanks man
Re: Shell Is Now Recruiting Graduate (closing Date 17 April 2006) by asba: 6:57pm On Apr 15, 2006
Hi,

Please how did u get the information on shell recruitment and how come the email address is no longer accepting cvs?

thanx
asba

(1) (Reply)

Management Trainees Jobs / Dangote Trainee/etisalat Call Center Agents/micro Soft Development Manager / Uba Bank

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.