Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,452 members, 7,954,779 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 09:06 AM

Oshiomhole Wins By Landslide - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Oshiomhole Wins By Landslide (10835 Views)

Edo State Governor( Comrade Adams Oshiomhole), Wins My Heart! / PDP Wins Enugu By Landslide / PDP Wins Enugu LG By Landslide (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Oshiomhole Wins By Landslide by 2gbasky22(m): 8:26am On Jul 15, 2012
The ACN candidate comrade ADAMS ALIU OSHIOMHOLE has been decleared winner of the the governorship election held in edo state yesterday, he won with an outstanding 477,478 compared to his closest rival. The PDP candidate who scored 144,235
dis was dicleared this morning in benin city by the INEC returning officer.
Full details later.

SaharaReporters has ascertained from a top official of the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) that Governor Adams Aliyu Oshiomhole is the winner of the Edo State governorship election.

With votes counted from 18 local governments in Edo State, Mr. Oshiomhole, the candidate of the Action Congress of Nigeria (ACN), had garnered 477, 478 votes. His main rival, Major General Charles Airhiavbere (ret.) of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP), scored 144,255 votes.

“It’s clear that the incumbent governor is going to win by a landslide,” said the INEC source, adding, “INEC is in the process of preparing a formal statement to declare him the winner.”

Some analysts regarded the July 14 election as a final proof of the political irrelevance of Tony Anenih, former chair of the PDP’s board of trustees who paraded himself as a kingmaker in the state. Mr. Oshiomhole trounced his PDP rival, handpicked by Mr. Anenih, in both the candidate’s ward as well as that of Mr. Anenih.

President Goodluck Jonathan had campaigned in Benin City for the losing PDP candidate. The president had also ordered the deployment of thousands of soldiers to major towns in Edo State in a bid to intimidate voters and shore up the PDP candidate. However, the people of the state trooped out in large number to ensure that Mr. Oshiomhole’s victory could not be stolen.

Reached moments ago, an aide to Governor Oshiomhole said the governor was grateful for the vigilance of the people to ensure that the voters triumphed over the PDP’s gimmicks. He added that the governor saw his victory as an indication that the people of Edo “have decisively rejected those who lie and kill for the sake of power.”

Olaitan Oyerinde, the governor’s private secretary and one of his closest aides, was murdered by assassins suspected to have been hired by PDP henchmen in the state.

Governor Oshiomhole was declared winner by INEC's returning officer Prof. Osayuki Oshodi at exactly 7:40 Am Nigerian time

http://saharareporters.com/news-page/oshiomhole-wins-landslide
Re: Oshiomhole Wins By Landslide by 2gbasky22(m): 8:30am On Jul 15, 2012
Osho baba carry go!
Re: Oshiomhole Wins By Landslide by cyril83(m): 8:53am On Jul 15, 2012
TB Joshua couldn't even give us his prediction before election...wetin do am abeg
Re: Oshiomhole Wins By Landslide by Nobody: 8:56am On Jul 15, 2012
Congrats oshiomole.SaharaReporters, keep flying the biased flag high
Re: Oshiomhole Wins By Landslide by SNCOQ3(m): 8:57am On Jul 15, 2012
An expected victory. Congrat.
Re: Oshiomhole Wins By Landslide by rrhostomy(m): 8:57am On Jul 15, 2012
Good news. The reign of PDP is wearing out.
Re: Oshiomhole Wins By Landslide by Nobody: 8:58am On Jul 15, 2012
Pls what's the meaning of landslide?na question I ask o! No insults pls!
Re: Oshiomhole Wins By Landslide by nenepea(f): 8:58am On Jul 15, 2012
Finally. ACN is winning again.
Re: Oshiomhole Wins By Landslide by Clemzy16(m): 8:58am On Jul 15, 2012
Oh! Boy.. See celebration for my area.. Inside the Rain. I'm hearing Gun shot right now... The people of Edo are indeed happy.
Re: Oshiomhole Wins By Landslide by Policewoman(f): 8:59am On Jul 15, 2012
Oshe o Baba!!!! The Lord has done it again. Up Adams, Up ACN, Up Edo state. PDP is now dead and buried. Hahahahahahahaaaa

1 Like

Re: Oshiomhole Wins By Landslide by sharubutu(m): 8:59am On Jul 15, 2012
Surely, there are states that pdp and inec can not tamper. Edo is one. Hw I wish the pp of Kogi state can borrow a leaf. Congrats Osho baba and the fearless pp of Edo state.
Re: Oshiomhole Wins By Landslide by ukpaku: 9:00am On Jul 15, 2012
good thing never lost,anineh should take a leave from godfatherism politics and join hand wit osho baba to develop the state. Up ACN,I WISH u take over my state benue aswell
Re: Oshiomhole Wins By Landslide by Skipfr(m): 9:01am On Jul 15, 2012
Point of correction Op. Not landslide but skyslide. The oracle has spoken in Edo state. Who ever thought oshiobaba can win in Anenih's own ward. Oshiobaba deserves more than a governor. Its just so painful dat Jonah wants to ruin d space of the South south in the presidency. Congrats to Edolites on dis victory. Up Acn. Up oshibaba
Re: Oshiomhole Wins By Landslide by Nobody: 9:01am On Jul 15, 2012
no matter what, when, and who, any man has a chance to SWEEP any woman off her feet. He just needs the right BROOM. #ACN #EdoDecides

3 Likes

Re: Oshiomhole Wins By Landslide by larhall(m): 9:01am On Jul 15, 2012
Congrat Adam. Every other election should be decided like this, people should not entertain fear to do their civic right, kudos go to EDOLITES
Re: Oshiomhole Wins By Landslide by SNCOQ3(m): 9:03am On Jul 15, 2012
I hope Mr "Fix it" stocked enough Aspirin in the house.
Re: Oshiomhole Wins By Landslide by sharubutu(m): 9:05am On Jul 15, 2012
berem: Pls what's the meaning of landslide?na question I ask o! No insults pls!

Where are u from?
Re: Oshiomhole Wins By Landslide by automaticgate(m): 9:06am On Jul 15, 2012
He is a Nigerian of course
sharubutu:

Where are u from?
Re: Oshiomhole Wins By Landslide by Nobody: 9:08am On Jul 15, 2012
Google it or use a dictionary.
Re: Oshiomhole Wins By Landslide by easterwick(m): 9:09am On Jul 15, 2012
Edo people are indeed happy even inec couldnt manipulación d vote due to the mass population
"Self help enfronty"
Re: Oshiomhole Wins By Landslide by automaticgate(m): 9:10am On Jul 15, 2012
My good people of Edo State thank you very much to know the right thing to do. Edo State forward ever, but backward never.
Re: Oshiomhole Wins By Landslide by kosire(m): 9:17am On Jul 15, 2012
Weldne my honourable governor. I will aspire to swim against the current like u did in Edo state. May God help and kip u focusd on your Work.

Re: Oshiomhole Wins By Landslide by sylve11: 9:18am On Jul 15, 2012
Jevohah i thank You for you let my heart desire come to pass! God bless Oshomole, God bless the Edos who voted for their right choice! grin grin grin grin cool
Re: Oshiomhole Wins By Landslide by Nobody: 9:19am On Jul 15, 2012
Chief Tony Anenìh should retire from PDP politics. The handwriting is on d wall. Oshio Baba congratulations. But make sure u still transform Edo more in d next 4yrs.
Re: Oshiomhole Wins By Landslide by automaticgate(m): 9:19am On Jul 15, 2012
Edo People has finally Decided...
Kudos to INEC and all the Security Personal who made it possible for a Free and Fair Election in Edo State
Re: Oshiomhole Wins By Landslide by Claracuzio: 9:23am On Jul 15, 2012

Wide margin
Re: Oshiomhole Wins By Landslide by Joel3(m): 9:25am On Jul 15, 2012
Osholebaba u are indeed called by God, so carry go.
Re: Oshiomhole Wins By Landslide by Reference(m): 9:30am On Jul 15, 2012
Congratulations to everyone who made the wishes and mandate of the vast majority of the peoples of Edo state possible.

As long as democracy works there, the people will experience development having realised power truly belongs to them.

Remember. Respect and nuture your institutions and they will support you in all adversaries.

1 Like

Re: Oshiomhole Wins By Landslide by easterwick(m): 9:30am On Jul 15, 2012
GOOD life is free like nature
BAD life is Xpensive lik material tins
GOOD deed reign forever like nature but BAD deed last for while...like material tins.
anthony anene ll not last long d Oracle has spoken
Re: Oshiomhole Wins By Landslide by Freiburger(m): 9:33am On Jul 15, 2012
picture saying more than a thousand words.

Re: Oshiomhole Wins By Landslide by Reference(m): 9:35am On Jul 15, 2012
automaticgate: Edo People has finally Decided...
Kudos to INEC and all the Security Personal who made it possible for a Free and Fair Election in Edo State

Indeed. The more people realise just how powerful their mandate can be, the more positive changes we will begin to see. Other states held under bondage to certain men, parties or interests should take note and wake up.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Mantu Never Rigged Elections For Us, PDP Replies APC / Gov Ugwuanyi Wins Sun Governor Of The Year, El-rufai, Man Of The Year / Security: Buhari Receives Briefing From Service Chiefs (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.