Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,768 members, 7,817,119 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:25 AM

Jubilant Benin Residents Celebrate Oshiomhole's Victory In Heavy Rain - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Jubilant Benin Residents Celebrate Oshiomhole's Victory In Heavy Rain (13467 Views)

Akwa Ibom Residents Celebrate Umana Over Appeal Court Ruling / A Jubilant Crowd Welcomes Buhari To France / Heavy Rain in TBS , Surulere Stadium that brooms cant sweep, God Angry With APC? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Jubilant Benin Residents Celebrate Oshiomhole's Victory In Heavy Rain by mukina2: 11:33am On Jul 15, 2012
The rain is not enough to stop the governor's supporters from celebrating

The heavens opened up in torrents early this morning as Benin City, the Edo state capital, and its environs witnessed heavy rains that has gone on for several hours.

The morning rains, which coincidentally began few minutes after the declaration by the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) of the results of the gubernatorial election held in the state yesterday, with the incumbent governor, Adams Oshiomhole of the Action Congress of Nigeria (ACN) being re-elected for a second term in office.

Interestingly, the rain hardly deterred residents and supporters of the governor from pouring into the streets in their numbers to celebrate the victory most observers say holds more than an ordinary meaning for the people of the state.

Curiously, throughout the duration of the elections on Saturday, there was no reports of any rains, as the weather remained fair in most parts of the state.

"There is no other evidence to show that the heavens agreed with the earth that the change must come for the people", Kingsley Udera, told our reporter.

"It is not by mere coincidence that throughout the period the elections held there were no serious natural incidents like rain to disrupt its smooth conduct.

"The rains pouring out shortly after the results were announced shows that the gods of the land have sanctioned the change that have come for the people and have sent the rains to help wash away for good the politics of godfatherism, division, hatred and corruption from the state," he added.

The governor, Adams Oshiomhole, is expected to address a world press conference later this morning to speak on his victory.

http://premiumtimesng.com/politics/6063-heavy_rain_in_benin_on_oshiomhole_s_victory.html

1 Like

Re: Jubilant Benin Residents Celebrate Oshiomhole's Victory In Heavy Rain by saints2(f): 11:37am On Jul 15, 2012
When the righteous is on the throne, the people rejoices. Good for Edo, Lets do this 2015.

3 Likes

Re: Jubilant Benin Residents Celebrate Oshiomhole's Victory In Heavy Rain by jmaine: 11:40am On Jul 15, 2012
Congratulobia to them grin . . .The fear of Mr fix it ensured they all trooped out to get their votes speak on their behalf cool

Edo People, i join una dance and celebrate grin

Over to Mimiko of Ondo . . .
Re: Jubilant Benin Residents Celebrate Oshiomhole's Victory In Heavy Rain by franksunny(m): 11:42am On Jul 15, 2012
Food 4 thought for other PDP state that need change eg delta state. Up oshe mo
Re: Jubilant Benin Residents Celebrate Oshiomhole's Victory In Heavy Rain by brownlord: 11:42am On Jul 15, 2012
The gods r wise, but what happen to the forecast of yesterday that there would be a heavy rain in benin, was it averted, I am saddened that a friend of mine lost his life in the both saga at ologbo among the inec and police officials that died yesterday, but not withstanding congrat comrade, Edo state has chosen you for a better governance pls prove haters wrong animals pdp, the lord is with u adams, Oba gha tor kpere
Re: Jubilant Benin Residents Celebrate Oshiomhole's Victory In Heavy Rain by legendsilver(m): 11:43am On Jul 15, 2012
benin day hot, fud day everywhere nw. Tank god 4 oshio baba winkbenin day hot, fud day everywhere nw. Tank god 4 oshio baba
Re: Jubilant Benin Residents Celebrate Oshiomhole's Victory In Heavy Rain by aneldaking(m): 11:43am On Jul 15, 2012
hahaha wich 1 is world press conf. Haha nt even state press conf. Hahahaha my edo ppl kudos 2 ur 1 spirits wish edo pple well
Re: Jubilant Benin Residents Celebrate Oshiomhole's Victory In Heavy Rain by Sattors(m): 11:46am On Jul 15, 2012
Am not surprise bcus even d blind who cud not physically see what Adams has done in Edo state will still vote Adam. CONTRAT OSHO BABA!
Re: Jubilant Benin Residents Celebrate Oshiomhole's Victory In Heavy Rain by Sammyfemy: 11:46am On Jul 15, 2012
My Edo People, dem say if you dey hungry and the food sweet well well, you go ask for another one. Na the same wit our Oshiobaba. Na BROOM dem take dey sweep dorti for house. Now AC go blow us cool.

2 Likes

Re: Jubilant Benin Residents Celebrate Oshiomhole's Victory In Heavy Rain by emmykk(m): 11:48am On Jul 15, 2012
Under d rain?umbrella 4 help o
Re: Jubilant Benin Residents Celebrate Oshiomhole's Victory In Heavy Rain by n2k(m): 11:49am On Jul 15, 2012
rain is a blessing from God no need 4 umbrella. Lets the rain water the corn so we can have good havest in the next 4yrs in Edo state.

1 Like

Re: Jubilant Benin Residents Celebrate Oshiomhole's Victory In Heavy Rain by Sijo01(f): 11:50am On Jul 15, 2012
Oshio himself is among the crowd @king square @d momment.......he has to raise a song to calm the over joyious crowed down

d song goes lik this -
Oshio: cooli cooli cooli cooli temper... Edo pipo
crowed: cooli temper
oshio: edo youth
crowed:cooli temper

he finally got their attention after the song.
Hahahahahahahahahaha
Re: Jubilant Benin Residents Celebrate Oshiomhole's Victory In Heavy Rain by IleIfe2(m): 11:56am On Jul 15, 2012
Benin people don teach us the format. After voting, let's count together or count in front of us. way to go.

1 Like

Re: Jubilant Benin Residents Celebrate Oshiomhole's Victory In Heavy Rain by joeokri: 11:58am On Jul 15, 2012
The victory Of adams oshiomhole is the expectation of the children of God, let those of u that was saying oshioMhole cry too much see the essence of it.I pray that In the same vain Delta state would be delivered frm the hands of these political impostors.

2 Likes

Re: Jubilant Benin Residents Celebrate Oshiomhole's Victory In Heavy Rain by Sijo01(f): 11:59am On Jul 15, 2012
brownlord: The gods r wise, but what happen to the forecast of yesterday that there would be a heavy rain in benin, was it averted, I am saddened that a friend of mine lost his life in the both saga at ologbo among the inec and police officials that died yesterday, but not withstanding congrat comrade, Edo state has chosen you for a better governance pls prove haters wrong animals pdp, the lord is with u adams, Oba gha tor kpere

the forecast of yesterday was scientific....but we wer assured by the gods not to panic dat it wont rain......&it neva did, d gods ar indeed wise....hahahahahaha.

Sori abut d lost of ur frnd, bro.......may his soul &dat of odas RIP.....dey wil be remembered!
Re: Jubilant Benin Residents Celebrate Oshiomhole's Victory In Heavy Rain by jessMena(f): 12:01pm On Jul 15, 2012
My Governor I salute u,even if u were in PDP I wud hv still voted 4 u because I bliv in u not d party..com 2015 I will vote 4 d person I belive in and not d party..those sponsoring BH wiv d intention of enslaving christians n islamizing Nigeria u better learn frm Oshomole if not we won't vote 4 u.
Re: Jubilant Benin Residents Celebrate Oshiomhole's Victory In Heavy Rain by Sijo01(f): 12:03pm On Jul 15, 2012
Ile-Ife:
Benin people don teach us the format. After voting, let's count together or count in front of us. way to go.

Its d best, it worked for us.....old men/women refused to go home afta casting deir votes till it was counted.
Re: Jubilant Benin Residents Celebrate Oshiomhole's Victory In Heavy Rain by edogram1(m): 12:12pm On Jul 15, 2012
No osho, no acn in benin.
Re: Jubilant Benin Residents Celebrate Oshiomhole's Victory In Heavy Rain by djeezy(m): 12:12pm On Jul 15, 2012
Congrats to Oshiomhole.....Yesterday he threatened to take INEC to court due to what he suspected to be injustice and electoral malpractice ipso facto. He claimed inter alia that there was delay in accreditation in some parts of Benin and that the motive was to deny some vehement people the right to vote. But in the end he still prevailed and emerged winner. Congrats to him once again.
Re: Jubilant Benin Residents Celebrate Oshiomhole's Victory In Heavy Rain by Mutee: 12:13pm On Jul 15, 2012
brownlord: The gods r wise, but what happen to the forecast of yesterday that there would be a heavy rain in benin, was it averted, I am saddened that a friend of mine lost his life in the both saga at ologbo among the inec and police officials that died yesterday, but not withstanding congrat comrade, Edo state has chosen you for a better governance pls prove haters wrong animals pdp, the lord is with u adams, Oba gha tor kpere
Sorry for your loss. May the Almighty bless them
Re: Jubilant Benin Residents Celebrate Oshiomhole's Victory In Heavy Rain by fistonme(m): 12:15pm On Jul 15, 2012
sorry my brother, may God grant you the fortitude through this adversity.
Re: Jubilant Benin Residents Celebrate Oshiomhole's Victory In Heavy Rain by 3kay945(m): 12:19pm On Jul 15, 2012
happy for them, they have decided. I hope they enjoy the fruit of their decision.
Re: Jubilant Benin Residents Celebrate Oshiomhole's Victory In Heavy Rain by mrperfect(m): 12:19pm On Jul 15, 2012
Thank God for his life.
Re: Jubilant Benin Residents Celebrate Oshiomhole's Victory In Heavy Rain by Nobody: 12:20pm On Jul 15, 2012
Congratulation!! Mr. Ashiomhole! I think voting and counting infont of voters s the freest and fairest. the result is anouced immediately after counting and not like OBJ-style where inec will take the box to their office before counting.
Re: Jubilant Benin Residents Celebrate Oshiomhole's Victory In Heavy Rain by haruna1970(m): 12:24pm On Jul 15, 2012
Re: Jubilant Benin Residents Celebrate Oshiomhole's Victory In Heavy Rain by Nobody: 12:25pm On Jul 15, 2012
To whom much is given, much is expected. Adams, how do you intend to put your name on gold, and make Edo State join the league of states, like Lagos, Akwa Ibom and Imo, Enugu States.
Re: Jubilant Benin Residents Celebrate Oshiomhole's Victory In Heavy Rain by gegee(m): 12:28pm On Jul 15, 2012
ok adams at least u go stop to shout any time a PDP member sneezes
Re: Jubilant Benin Residents Celebrate Oshiomhole's Victory In Heavy Rain by dukenestor(m): 12:30pm On Jul 15, 2012
The supporters of Mr. Oshio must have been singing my fauvorite song.RAIN RAIN GO AWAY COME AGAIN ANODA DAY EDO PEOPLE WAN 2 CELEBRATE....
Re: Jubilant Benin Residents Celebrate Oshiomhole's Victory In Heavy Rain by boyendowed(m): 12:31pm On Jul 15, 2012
Ile-Ife:

That's the way it should be.That was how they did it in 2011 too
Re: Jubilant Benin Residents Celebrate Oshiomhole's Victory In Heavy Rain by Ekans: 12:32pm On Jul 15, 2012
Congrats osho baba,2 very endowed okpekesis to you.
Re: Jubilant Benin Residents Celebrate Oshiomhole's Victory In Heavy Rain by Nobody: 12:41pm On Jul 15, 2012
Billyonaire: To whom much is given, much is expected. Adams, how do you intend to put your name on gold, and make Edo State join the league of states, like Lagos, Akwa Ibom and Imo, Enugu States.

we are getting there. can't you see it?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Missing $20bn: Reps Gives Iweala One-week Ultimatum To Submit Forensic Audit Rep / FG To Use Local Textile For Military, Paramilitary Uniforms / Samuel Ortom Queries Aide For Renaming Ahmadu Bello Way After Him

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.