Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,335 members, 7,815,662 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 04:10 PM

Which App Can Be Used To Communicate On LAN? - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Which App Can Be Used To Communicate On LAN? (1309 Views)

What Softwares Are Used To Push Codes To A Live Website / What Kind Of App Can I Creat With Javafx? / Project:an Application To Make Calls Using LAN/INTRANET Network (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Which App Can Be Used To Communicate On LAN? by Taiwohmo: 1:28pm On Jul 15, 2012
Good day to all great programmers right here.
Pls I will like to ask if there is a destop application that can be used to communicate or chat on a Local Area Network(LAN) without connecting to the internet.
If one is to write such kinds of application, which programming language will be the best to use.
Thanks.
Re: Which App Can Be Used To Communicate On LAN? by Javanian: 2:17pm On Jul 15, 2012
You can use any language for it...i have developed one of such before and i used JAVA...
Re: Which App Can Be Used To Communicate On LAN? by Taiwohmo: 5:37pm On Jul 15, 2012
Is there any of such applications available?
Re: Which App Can Be Used To Communicate On LAN? by Javanian: 6:06pm On Jul 15, 2012
Yes...like i said i have developed one in the past...
Re: Which App Can Be Used To Communicate On LAN? by ektbear: 6:21pm On Jul 15, 2012
So chat software for a LAN?

Install a Jabber (aka XMPP) server on one of the machines on the network. Then people on the LAN can create accounts on it and use it to chat with each other.

Openfire is something I've played around with before...pretty easy to use. Unfortunately their site seems to be down atm :x
Re: Which App Can Be Used To Communicate On LAN? by ektbear: 6:22pm On Jul 15, 2012
also take a look at this: http://lancetchat.com/

I found it by googling the phrase "communicating on a lan"
Re: Which App Can Be Used To Communicate On LAN? by Ajafik(m): 7:11pm On Jul 17, 2012
I have developed an app that does that. I used CSharp to develop that. The application entails text and voice communication over LAN. It's very cool. If you will need help for the development of such app. Let me know.
Re: Which App Can Be Used To Communicate On LAN? by Taiwohmo: 8:40pm On Jul 17, 2012
@Ajafik Pls can you send the app to me?
Re: Which App Can Be Used To Communicate On LAN? by Taiwohmo: 8:44pm On Jul 17, 2012
Is it possible to use VB.NET to design such kind of application?
Re: Which App Can Be Used To Communicate On LAN? by Javanian: 10:10pm On Jul 17, 2012
@ajafik Can you please explain in detail how you did the voice aspect
Re: Which App Can Be Used To Communicate On LAN? by SouthSidde: 10:34pm On Nov 07, 2022
Hi all! There are quite a few communication applications created even in the period 2021-2022. A large number of them stopped working because they were completely useless and had no features whatsoever to make them stand out among other similar apps. I can tell you about internal communication solutions for businesses, because I myself am an employee of quite a big company that needs to keep its confidential data from being stolen by fraudsters. Our whole team is using an application that has good protection against hacking and encryption so no one else can know what we are talking about without our consent. I hope I answered your question correctly!
Re: Which App Can Be Used To Communicate On LAN? by silento(m): 1:12am On Nov 08, 2022
I believe there are many already made options out there , but if u want to get it hands dirty

Go and ready about socket
Client to server socket
Python might be the best option available and easy to implement in few minutes and shorter code with less or no bugs

If u sabi python well interface it with gui tkinter

(1) (Reply)

Questions For The Seasoned Ms C++ Programmer / Nigerian Coders This Is For You! / Sqrim

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.