Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,539 members, 7,823,362 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 09:06 AM

Moderator, Is Tatoo A Fashion Trend?. - Fashion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Fashion / Moderator, Is Tatoo A Fashion Trend?. (682 Views)

Will Crop Tops Become A Street Fashion Trend In Nigeria??? / Pink Lips: Fashion Trend For Men / Eye Tatoo A New Trend In The Fashion World? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Moderator, Is Tatoo A Fashion Trend?. by plaetton: 1:05pm On Jul 16, 2012
Yesterday, I Opened a thread to discuss the growing trend tatoos in the visible parts of the body among Nigerian ladies, especially the younger ones. I wanted to discuss, among other things, how it affects the perceptions that we, especially men, have towards this these ladies and how it may affect their search for suitables life-partners, given our cultural and religious roots.
I gave my own perceptions as an example and invited others in the romance section to comment.

Much to my surprise, the moderator immediately moved my thread to the fashion section, where it still has not recieved a single comment.

SO, once again I invite all in the romance sections to join the discussion.
Re: Moderator, Is Tatoo A Fashion Trend?. by Nobody: 1:13pm On Jul 16, 2012
Yes it is a fashion trend. Has NOTHING to do with romance.

Can a tattoo make you more romantic? I guess not.
Re: Moderator, Is Tatoo A Fashion Trend?. by kandiikane(m): 1:16pm On Jul 16, 2012
@PLAETTON, yes it is. Anything to do with trends should be in the fashion section. Just use the search engine, I believe tattoo threads have been opened before. You can get your answers from there.
Re: Moderator, Is Tatoo A Fashion Trend?. by plaetton: 1:36pm On Jul 16, 2012
sexkillz: Yes it is a fashion trend. Has NOTHING to do with romance.

Can a tattoo make you more romantic? I guess not.

I wanted to discuss the perceptions of tatoo viz-a-vis our attitudes towards women with visible body tatoos given our conservative cultural and religious roots.
The Thread was not about the beauty or different types of tatoos or where to get your tatoos.

That should make it an issue worthy of discussion in the relationship/romance or family sections. Our attitudes towards any given trend greatly affects how we treat and relate people who follow such trends.

If you fail to make this connection, then I think you are dispalying unnecessayr bias for some unknown reason.

If I open a thread about our attitudes towards women who bleach their skin, would that also be sent to the fashion section?

The fashion section is hardly a section for any kind of intelligent discourse, especially from my target posters, the men.

Pls rethink.
Re: Moderator, Is Tatoo A Fashion Trend?. by plaetton: 1:41pm On Jul 16, 2012
winkThank you for listening.
Re: Moderator, Is Tatoo A Fashion Trend?. by kandiikane(m): 1:44pm On Jul 16, 2012
When you bring up anything to do with fashion trends, whether you are asking about societies views on it or not, it should be in the fashion section. I have told you, use the search engine, there are loads of threads of tattoos.

If I open a thread about our attitudes towards women who bleach their skin, would that also be sent to the fashion section?

Yes.

If you have issues with this, please forward your complaints to -------> https://www.nairaland.com/mukina2

(1) (Reply)

How Would I Go About Making My Homecoming Dress? / In Need Of Wholeseller For U.S. Made Cloths / Ladies: Which Side Beards Turns U On More?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.