Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,735 members, 7,817,018 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 11:09 PM

London Olympics: 3 Female Athletes Fail Drug Test - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / London Olympics: 3 Female Athletes Fail Drug Test (8276 Views)

8 Nigerian Athletes Fail Doping Test As They Tested Positive / Checkout The Top Six Hottest Nigerian Female Athletes At The Commonwealth 2014 / Sexiest Female Athletes (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

London Olympics: 3 Female Athletes Fail Drug Test by mukina2: 2:34pm On Jul 16, 2012
The female Athletes tested positive for banned substances, and are barred from the London Olympics.
Three Nigerian athletes already in London preparing for the Olympics have tested positive for banned drugs.

Although the Athletics Federation of Nigeria (AFN), declined to name the affected athletes, on Sunday, a source confirmed that Vivian Chukwuemeka, Lauretta Ozoh and Regina George were those who samples tested positive to banned substances.

The informed National Sports Commission source also revealed that the leadership of the Team Nigeria camp in Surrey, England has been informed and ordered to decamp the affected athletes immediately.

But affected athlete, Chukwuemeka, who just returned from a two-year ban for a similar offence, has called for the result of the test carried out on her at the African Championship in Port Novo, Benin Republic to confirm if there was no attempt to accuse her with the result of the Nigeria Olympic trials a week earlier in Calabar.

“Chukwuemeka, who knows that if this result is true she will get a life ban from IAAF, has called for the result of her dope test at the African Champion. If that one is negative, then it means something is wrong somewhere. But if it also tests positive, that is automatic life ban for her, ” revealed the informed the top NSC source.

Ozoh may also share Chukwuemeka’s fate as a second offender. Only George may get a lighter ban as a first time dope offender.

http://dailytimes.com.ng/article/london-olympics-3-nigerian-athletes-fail-drugs-test
Re: London Olympics: 3 Female Athletes Fail Drug Test by Okijajuju1(m): 3:01pm On Jul 16, 2012
NOTE TO SELF: Smoking Egbo is very bad...

2 Likes

Re: London Olympics: 3 Female Athletes Fail Drug Test by onila(f): 3:31pm On Jul 16, 2012
undecided when did Nigerian female athletes start taking drugs embarassed
Re: London Olympics: 3 Female Athletes Fail Drug Test by Freiburger(m): 3:33pm On Jul 16, 2012
^^ask me again.
Re: London Olympics: 3 Female Athletes Fail Drug Test by Okijajuju1(m): 3:33pm On Jul 16, 2012
onila: undecided when did Nigerian female athletes start taking drugs embarassed

The day they started falling sick.... grin

FREE Afam4eva

1 Like

Re: London Olympics: 3 Female Athletes Fail Drug Test by TheShopKeeper(m): 3:36pm On Jul 16, 2012
Every athlete do take controlled substances occasionally, only the foolish ones get caught.

1 Like

Re: London Olympics: 3 Female Athletes Fail Drug Test by NigeriaKwenu(m): 3:37pm On Jul 16, 2012
Top think that Vivian Chukwuemeka is one of our medal hopefuls. Na waoo

Afam4eva(pls unban me)
Re: London Olympics: 3 Female Athletes Fail Drug Test by kaiter: 3:42pm On Jul 16, 2012
Great thread [img]http://www.lzxin.info/g.php[/img]
Re: London Olympics: 3 Female Athletes Fail Drug Test by Nobody: 3:43pm On Jul 16, 2012
Why go and compete under d influenc of drugs.even if you win,ther is no dignity in it.better do it urself,win and be satisfied with dignity dat u achieved it on ur own!
Re: London Olympics: 3 Female Athletes Fail Drug Test by alaoeri: 3:45pm On Jul 16, 2012
They took overdose that's why they are caught, every other athletes do take drugs but just that they maintain the level.
Re: London Olympics: 3 Female Athletes Fail Drug Test by adoniza(m): 3:48pm On Jul 16, 2012
Gezzz, so early!
Re: London Olympics: 3 Female Athletes Fail Drug Test by Freiburger(m): 3:49pm On Jul 16, 2012
alaoeri: They took overdose that's why they are caught, every other athletes do take drugs but just that they maintain the level.
That is it, thinking it will stimulate the system and bring the gold quickly.
Re: London Olympics: 3 Female Athletes Fail Drug Test by Nobody: 3:49pm On Jul 16, 2012
wow...
Re: London Olympics: 3 Female Athletes Fail Drug Test by Reference(m): 3:56pm On Jul 16, 2012
When athletes suddenly start posting unusually good results and performances I sometimes cannot help but think. The result of Blessing's last race. Hmmm.
Re: London Olympics: 3 Female Athletes Fail Drug Test by twinstaiye(m): 3:56pm On Jul 16, 2012
Inside AFN stinks. How come it is ladies that are failing this dope tests? Perhaps some of this ladies are not dancing to the tune of their sexual demands? These needs probity, because I can recalled the case of Vivian during her first drug tests ordeal, she cried out, but Nigerians are not interested in her cry, If I can remeber far back, she hinged her drug failure on her adamant to refuse young athletes who are not as good as her to take her place, and that some of these young athletes had the backing of the AFN officials. Na wah for this country, must everything has to be on God fatherisms
Re: London Olympics: 3 Female Athletes Fail Drug Test by inspirenet: 4:02pm On Jul 16, 2012
Hmm..

NigeriaKwenu: Top think that Vivian Chukwuemeka is one of our medal hopefuls. Na waoo

Afam4eva(pls unban me)
undecidedHmm..

NigeriaKwenu: Top think that Vivian Chukwuemeka is one of our medal hopefuls. Na waoo

Afam4eva(pls unban me)
Re: London Olympics: 3 Female Athletes Fail Drug Test by Freiburger(m): 4:03pm On Jul 16, 2012
Since Marion jones and her husband's episode, i barely trust any athlete.
Re: London Olympics: 3 Female Athletes Fail Drug Test by toluxe0075: 4:03pm On Jul 16, 2012
Most of d athletes tested positive 4 drugs are not aware they are on drug, there are some food pple eat and after eating such food one is likely to b positive 4 drugs when tested for drugs, so athletes need to b becareful on wat they eat....i don't blame dose that were positive buh if they are truly on drug na dem sabi o

1 Like

Re: London Olympics: 3 Female Athletes Fail Drug Test by Nobody: 4:06pm On Jul 16, 2012
What is this banned substance. Agbo or alomo bitters ?
Re: London Olympics: 3 Female Athletes Fail Drug Test by Nobody: 4:08pm On Jul 16, 2012
This is the ugly side of sport I hate to read about. Sport is fun to watch, but when cheating is brought to it, it kills the fun and pleasure.

Is there not a Drug testing body in Nigeria that is there to test our athletes b4 they leave our shores?

This will ensure we don't suffer national disgrace at international level. Our reputation is already bad, this kind of news makes it even worse.
Re: London Olympics: 3 Female Athletes Fail Drug Test by slimming: 4:14pm On Jul 16, 2012
what a shame to themselves
Re: London Olympics: 3 Female Athletes Fail Drug Test by Freiburger(m): 4:15pm On Jul 16, 2012
Billyonaire: What is this banned substance. Agbo or alomo bitters ?
lo grin check here:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_drugs_banned_from_the_Olympics
Re: London Olympics: 3 Female Athletes Fail Drug Test by IleIfe2(m): 4:18pm On Jul 16, 2012
it might be one of those supplements amateur athletes take.
Re: London Olympics: 3 Female Athletes Fail Drug Test by Goldieluks: 4:19pm On Jul 16, 2012
What a shame.
Re: London Olympics: 3 Female Athletes Fail Drug Test by santuse: 4:26pm On Jul 16, 2012
Naiga babes othe$ are caught after takin d trophy ours is b4. D work of overdose.
Re: London Olympics: 3 Female Athletes Fail Drug Test by DammyFx: 4:27pm On Jul 16, 2012
Somethings Will Never Change
Re: London Olympics: 3 Female Athletes Fail Drug Test by Tstark(m): 4:28pm On Jul 16, 2012
Knucklehead! So that's the junk that comes to your mind? Talking about tests, it seems you must've have failed the English one a couple of times as well.
twinstaiye: Inside AFN stinks. How come it is ladies that are failing this dope tests? Perhaps some of this ladies are not dancing to the tune of their sexual demands? These needs probity, because I can recalled the case of Vivian during her first drug tests ordeal, she cried out, but Nigerians are not interested in her cry, If I can remeber far back, she hinged her drug failure on her adamant to refuse young athletes who are not as good as her to take her place, and that some of these young athletes had the backing of the AFN officials. Na wah for this country, must everything has to be on God fatherisms
Re: London Olympics: 3 Female Athletes Fail Drug Test by stagger: 4:35pm On Jul 16, 2012
Sometimes it is bad advice or rather, non-advice from the medical team. They are supposed to inform athletes what is legal and what is not.

For instance, one of the drugs I take for my blood pressure problem contains a banned substance. Supposing I was an athlete and was taking it for my blood pressure, can I be accused of deliberate doping? In such instance, it is the job of the doctor to give me a substitute so I can take care of my problem without running foul of the rules.

I really think some of these things are cases of athletes not being familiar with what they should or should not take.
Re: London Olympics: 3 Female Athletes Fail Drug Test by EPOMA(m): 4:46pm On Jul 16, 2012
TheShopKeeper: Every athlete do take controlled substances occasionally, only the foolish ones get caught.
Thanks my brother, all of them take drugs, you just have to time it well pending the stuff leaving your body and that is helped by having agood lab back home
Re: London Olympics: 3 Female Athletes Fail Drug Test by sarutobie(m): 4:47pm On Jul 16, 2012
stagger: Sometimes it is bad advice or rather, non-advice from the medical team. They are supposed to inform athletes what is legal and what is not.

For instance, one of the drugs I take for my blood pressure problem contains a banned substance. Supposing I was an athlete and was taking it for my blood pressure, can I be accused of deliberate doping? In such instance, it is the job of the doctor to give me a substitute so I can take care of my problem without running foul of the rules.

I really think some of these things are cases of athletes not being familiar with what they should or should not take.
Very true
Re: London Olympics: 3 Female Athletes Fail Drug Test by ebamma(m): 5:04pm On Jul 16, 2012
na by force to win medal?
Re: London Olympics: 3 Female Athletes Fail Drug Test by Wallie(m): 5:29pm On Jul 16, 2012
toluxe0075: Most of d athletes tested positive 4 drugs are not aware they are on drug, there are some food pple eat and after eating such food one is likely to b positive 4 drugs when tested for drugs, so athletes need to b becareful on wat they eat....i don't blame dose that were positive buh if they are truly on drug na dem sabi o

Very funny! What do you guys take the athletes or the guys doing the testing for? This is their livelihood. Do you think that they suddenly woke up and found themselves competing at an international level? Every single athlete is looking for a way to legally and illegally enhance their performance! Even at the local level! Period.

They know exactly what they're doing and there are always mad scientists in the lab somewhere around the world developing new concoctions that cannot be detected by the current tests. It is a cat and mouse game that the developer and testers play.

Why do you think that they keep every sample for 5 years (or is it 10) after each test? Right now, Lance Armstrong, 7 time Tour de France winner, is being charged with doping that occurred several years ago! The funny thing is that there were allegations back then but they just couldn't prove it. He was charged with using EPO, blood transfusions, testosterone, corticosteroids and masking agents.

The tests don’t simply test for the presence of substances that occur naturally in our foods. Take a look at this link to see how athletes dope their blood to increase their performance and endurance by increasing their red blood cells count with drugs! They then mask it by pumping their blood out and saving it, and replacing it with regular blood just before blood testing. After testing, they pump the regular blood out of their body and replace it with the enhanced blood.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blood_doping#Detection_of_EPO_use

3 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

Nigerian Viewers May Miss Out On AFCON 2013! / Don't Pay For Any 49ja Tricks, Run! / Tunisia Vs Mali: AFCON 2023 (1 - 1) On 20th January 2024

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.