Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,136 members, 7,863,951 topics. Date: Tuesday, 18 June 2024 at 09:33 AM

Edwin Ozoani, Dies After Cocaine Burst In His Stomach – NDLEA - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Edwin Ozoani, Dies After Cocaine Burst In His Stomach – NDLEA (1072 Views)

Criminals Burst Into Tears In Port-Harcourt (Photo) / Cocaine Capsules Burst In Smuggler’s Stomach (PHOTO) / Nigeria Dies After Hard Drugs Bursted In His Stomach (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Edwin Ozoani, Dies After Cocaine Burst In His Stomach – NDLEA by aishatua1: 5:33pm On Jul 16, 2012
[b]Nigerian Man, Edwin Ozoani, dies after cocaine burst in his stomach – NDLEA

Edwin Ozoani allegedly ingested 11 wraps but only excreted 10. The National Drug Law Enforcement Agency (NDLEA) has confirmed the death of Edwin Ozoani, 34, a commercial bus driver, who died after a wrap of cocaine he ingested burst in his stomach.

Mitchell Ofoyeju, the NDLEA Head of Public Affairs, said the deceased, who returned from Brazil on-board a South African Airline flight, was arrested at the Murtala Muhammed International Airport (MMIA) in Lagos.

"During screening, he tested positive to drug ingestion and was placed on observation," he said. "He excreted 10 wraps of substances that tested positive for cocaine, weighing 180 grammes. While still under observation, he complained of stomach pain and was rushed to the hospital where he eventually died. A post-mortem examination revealed that his death was due to one of the wraps of cocaine he ingested that ruptured in his stomach."

Reacting to the development, Ahmadu Giade, NDLEA Chairman, called for stiffer penalties against convicted drug traffickers.

"Until we get the penalty right, drug trafficking will remain attractive," he said. "Every case of drug trafficking involving type A drugs like cocaine, heroin and methamphetamine runs into several millions of naira. We must therefore wield the big stick against offenders to serve as deterrent. I am optimistic that adherence to stringent bail conditions and minimum of 15 years jail term will turn the tide of events.

This death is sad and painful. The deceased would have been alive to face trial and ultimately given opportunity to learn from his mistakes. I urge members of the public to shun drug trafficking and make quality choices that will enable them maximise their destinies."

The NDLEA Airport Commander, Hamza Umar added that the family members of the deceased have applied for the corpse to be released to them after the autopsy.

“Following the sad incident, we made contact with the family members," he said. "They also witnessed the operation where the ruptured wrap of cocaine that killed their son was recovered from his stomach. The agency has also granted their request for the corpse to be released to them." Dailytimes[/b]
Re: Edwin Ozoani, Dies After Cocaine Burst In His Stomach – NDLEA by NigeriaKwenu(m): 5:36pm On Jul 16, 2012
Good ridance to bad nonsense

Mods, don't forget to put this on the frontpage. It seems the guy is Igbo.

Afam4eva(pls unban me)
Re: Edwin Ozoani, Dies After Cocaine Burst In His Stomach – NDLEA by deshclones(m): 5:50pm On Jul 16, 2012
NigeriaKwenu: Good ridance to bad nonsense

Afam4eva(pls unban me)

o boy the speed you dey use comment on every post is alarming..do u need a job...?

3 Likes

Re: Edwin Ozoani, Dies After Cocaine Burst In His Stomach – NDLEA by aishatua1: 6:38pm On Jul 16, 2012
deshclones:

o boy the speed you dey use comment on every post is alarming..do u need a job...?

grin grin
Re: Edwin Ozoani, Dies After Cocaine Burst In His Stomach – NDLEA by Mandelaguy(m): 6:41pm On Jul 16, 2012
A pity he had to waste his life trying to make a quick one happen. Ndo!
Re: Edwin Ozoani, Dies After Cocaine Burst In His Stomach – NDLEA by Jarus(m): 7:04pm On Jul 16, 2012

Afam4eva(pls unban me)
Your case is being looked into.

Thanks
Re: Edwin Ozoani, Dies After Cocaine Burst In His Stomach – NDLEA by Jarus(m): 7:09pm On Jul 16, 2012

Afam4eva(pls unban me)

You were banned by Seun for calling another forumer bastard. Your ban expires by 3.17pm tomorrow. Enjoy it.
Re: Edwin Ozoani, Dies After Cocaine Burst In His Stomach – NDLEA by pcicero(m): 7:38pm On Jul 16, 2012
Jarus:

You were banned by Seun for calling another forumer bastard. Your ban expires by 3.17pm tomorrow. Enjoy it.

grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Edwin Ozoani, Dies After Cocaine Burst In His Stomach – NDLEA by pcicero(m): 7:39pm On Jul 16, 2012
I think this news is stale. i have read it before sad
Re: Edwin Ozoani, Dies After Cocaine Burst In His Stomach – NDLEA by NigeriaKwenu(m): 8:24pm On Jul 16, 2012
Jarus:

Do you know that my birthday is tomorrow? If you guys allow this ban to enter tomorrow, it will not only be an insult to my person but it serve as as a reference to how unforgiving a human being can be. I won't forgiver the Nairaland team you guys go beg me tire.

Afam4eva(Biko, unban me)
Re: Edwin Ozoani, Dies After Cocaine Burst In His Stomach – NDLEA by lagcity(m): 8:47pm On Jul 16, 2012
man, ppl are desperate in this kontry. chai!
Re: Edwin Ozoani, Dies After Cocaine Burst In His Stomach – NDLEA by uzomagic(m): 12:18am On Jul 17, 2012

Afam4eva(pls unban me)
And what does being Igbo have to do with the crime?
Re: Edwin Ozoani, Dies After Cocaine Burst In His Stomach – NDLEA by aishatua1: 8:16pm On Aug 26, 2012
grin grin

(1) (Reply)

How Ugo, Aladin And Others Were Burnt In Aluu ....video Inside / Evolving Story Of The Gruesome Murder Of 4 Students. BABARIC..... / Man Beats Up Landlord, Tears Policeman’s N90,000 Singlet

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.