Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,753 members, 7,817,083 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:57 AM

Price Of These Systems (Urgent PLease!) - Technology Market - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Technology Market / Price Of These Systems (Urgent PLease!) (788 Views)

Any One That Can Chip A Ps3 Please Contact Me,urgent Please / Nokia N96 Dstv Mobile At Give Away Price Of 13k / Price of New Ku-Band VSAT (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Price Of These Systems (Urgent PLease!) by IykeD(m): 11:11pm On Dec 05, 2007
Please people, help me with the current price(Naira) of these Compaq systems with the ffg configurations.

Compaq Presario
AMD Athlon
64 * 2400+
2048MB
320GB
DVd RWR
Windows Vista

2 Compaq presario C551NR
Intel Celeron M processor 440
80GB, 512MB
DVD/CD-RW
Windows Vista

Your urgent response will be highly appreciated.
Re: Price Of These Systems (Urgent PLease!) by brume2020: 11:36pm On Dec 05, 2007
IykeD,

What does the following configuration line item mean?

64times 2400plus

Holler

Brume
Re: Price Of These Systems (Urgent PLease!) by IykeD(m): 12:33am On Dec 13, 2007
@brume, pls see the correct configuration .Let me know
Thanx
Re: Price Of These Systems (Urgent PLease!) by IykeD(m): 9:10pm On Dec 24, 2007
Please people, let me know it's urgent!
Re: Price Of These Systems (Urgent PLease!) by brume2020: 8:33am On Dec 25, 2007
Hi IykeD,

As far as I can tell, the Compaq Presaior C551nr appears to be a discontinued product. As well the current succesor to all US compaq notebooks is the C700t. It is not available with an AMD processor - only intel Celeron and Pentium Dual Core.

It appears HP is phasing out the lower Compaq Presario brand in favour of the stronger HP brand,. If you require an HP product with the Athlon config, I would gladly provide you a quote for it. I can as well offer you a quote for the Celeron based Compaq Presario C700t that is equivalent in configuration to your desired Compaq Presario C551nr.

One more thing - what vista do you require? Basic or Premium?

Please get back,

thanks,

Brume
Re: Price Of These Systems (Urgent PLease!) by Kobojunkie: 3:29pm On Dec 26, 2007
For the First machine, you are better off getting that configuration with a HP since the Compaq brands( which happen to belong to HP) do not seem to allow that for now. For the second machine, you can get one delivered to you at $810 this holiday.

You can get a comparable machine with the Hp brand as below for $1554.99

Processor AMD Turion(TM) 64 X2 Dual-Core Mobile Technology TL-68 (2.4 GHz, 512KB+512KB L2 Cache)
Display 17.0" WXGA+ High-Definition HP BrightView Widescreen Display (1440 x 900)
Graphics Card NVIDIA GeForce Go 7150M
Personalization FREE Upgrade to HP Imprint Finish (Radiance) + Fingerprint Reader + Webcam + Microphone!!
Networking 802.11b/g WLAN
Hard Drive 320GB 5400RPM SATA Hard Drive
Primary CD/DVD Drive FREE Upgrade to LightScribe SuperMulti 8X DVD+/-RW with Double Layer Support!!
TV & Entertainment Experience No TV Tuner w/remote control
Primary Battery 8 Cell Lithium Ion Battery edit
Re: Price Of These Systems (Urgent PLease!) by IykeD(m): 2:28pm On Dec 28, 2007
@brume and kobo.Thanks for your input
Actually these systems are in Nigeria already.A friend of mine has them and wants to sell.He asked me to help him get the prices in Naira so that he can be guided in disposing of them.
Will appreciate further input as regards this.
Re: Price Of These Systems (Urgent PLease!) by brume2020: 2:52pm On Dec 28, 2007
Hey IykeD,

By my own assessment, the retail value of the C551nr the way it is configured is probably =N=95,000 +/- =N=5000.

I am not sure how to evaluate the other system. It appears to be a loaded configuration (2GB Ram, 320GB HDD), but it is not a very strong brand (Compaq Presario) - Yes it is an HP, but the HP Compaqs are considered on the low end of the HP brands since they are being phased out.

This is all in my humble opinion of course.

Hope this helps,

Brume

PS: You need to clarify a couple things.
[list]
[li]What is the model number of the first compaq presario, and also what AMD processor has it got and whats its speed?[/li]
[li]What type of vide0 cards (and amount of video memory) do both laptops have[/li]
[li]What version of Windows Vista are they running? Premium or Basic or Business[/li]
[/list]
Re: Price Of These Systems (Urgent PLease!) by Kobojunkie: 6:47pm On Dec 28, 2007
IykeD:

@brume and kobo.Thanks for your input
Actually these systems are in Nigeria already.A friend of mine has them and wants to sell.He asked me to help him get the prices in Naira so that he can be guided in disposing of them.
Will appreciate further input as regards this.

I am not sure of the actual price for the very systems he has but if I were your friend, I think the price I posted above is not far from the cost of the actual machines including cost of getting it from here to Nigeria and any VAT/TAX to be paid during the move.

(1) (Reply)

Xbox360 Needed In Abuja A.s.a.p / Errection Of Telecommuncation Mast / Make Use Of Solar Panels

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.