Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,462 members, 7,846,928 topics. Date: Saturday, 01 June 2024 at 07:39 AM

GEJ - Opposition Wants To Bring Us Down - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / GEJ - Opposition Wants To Bring Us Down (8443 Views)

You Have 7 Days To Bring Out Buhari’s Certificate – Group Tells Defence Minister / Inec Advises Electorates To Bring Cameras To The Polls / See What Bishop Oyedepo Asked Church Members To Bring To Church On Sunday (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: GEJ - Opposition Wants To Bring Us Down by Nobody: 7:46pm On Jul 18, 2012
wadoski: Gordon Brown. The heat has somehow cooled since Brown left and am very sure u know what happened b4 he left. What have u got to say about the missiles flying back and front bw Romney and Obama?

You really are confused, Gordon Brown who got picked on by everybody including his own party members! So tell me who/when exactly Gordon accused anyone of wanting to bring down his government, despite the pressure? And tell me the instance that Obama accused Romney of wanting to bring down his government too ?
Re: GEJ - Opposition Wants To Bring Us Down by Sesan2: 8:10pm On Jul 18, 2012
Billyonaire: Every poor man now has enough knowledge to educate a President, But not enough knowledge to make money to fuel his generator.

Daft statement. If only Jonathan has enough knowledge to ensure we don't require generators; as is the case in countries with knowledgeable presidents.
Re: GEJ - Opposition Wants To Bring Us Down by Sesan2: 8:15pm On Jul 18, 2012
It's like a boxer getting into the ring and expecting not to be hit. He is either too confident of himself or does not know what the 'game' is about. Either way, he has not given proper thought to the task in hand.

1 Like

Re: GEJ - Opposition Wants To Bring Us Down by Spandy(m): 8:18pm On Jul 18, 2012
Clerverly: I dont think they need to bring you down because you and your Govt. are already down unless you meant to say Burial grin
hahahahaha,rude guy! lol! i no fit laf!
Re: GEJ - Opposition Wants To Bring Us Down by AjanleKoko: 8:19pm On Jul 18, 2012
Enough of all this 'Naija sense' native intelligence methods.
This is clearly a case of Nigerians leaving governance to fools. We have egg on our faces now embarassed
Re: GEJ - Opposition Wants To Bring Us Down by DExplorer1: 8:25pm On Jul 18, 2012
It's obvious, we all know how desperate they can be. The winning party is always a target. I hope more Nigerians can be supportive of your long-term progress.
Re: GEJ - Opposition Wants To Bring Us Down by Abagworo(m): 8:40pm On Jul 18, 2012
Billyonaire: Every poor man now has enough knowledge to educate a President, But not enough knowledge to make money to fuel his generator.

Laugh wan finish me! To lead a complex country like Nigeria could make you mad in days.
Re: GEJ - Opposition Wants To Bring Us Down by superior1: 8:55pm On Jul 18, 2012
AjanleKoko: Enough of all this 'Naija sense' native intelligence methods.
This is clearly a case of Nigerians leaving governance to fools. We have egg on our faces now embarassed

And we now left to suffer for our actions and inactions.
Re: GEJ - Opposition Wants To Bring Us Down by billyG(m): 8:57pm On Jul 18, 2012
May be a chalk shld be given to him to go to the black board & proof d equation that (AC,CPC,CNP,ANPP...) = Boko Harams ..........Q.E.D grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: GEJ - Opposition Wants To Bring Us Down by Vogue50: 9:32pm On Jul 18, 2012
probably: u belong in a zoo. You sound like a baboon. Stupidity at its peak
I don't expect everybody on this platform to have Sane mind. Every society has insane, mentally derai!ed ,lunatics and people with high eccentric conduct ! I won't blame you because u belong to such group of people.
Re: GEJ - Opposition Wants To Bring Us Down by Elucivestone: 9:47pm On Jul 18, 2012
PRESIDENT Goodluck Jonathan, on
Tuesday, told chieftains of the
Peoples Democratic Party (PDP)
that opposition parties have
continued to run down the
Federal Government and the ruling party.

Truth is... I knw southerners to be ignorant... Even if opposition r running dwn d FG, Y cant he stand strong nd prove dem wrong? Abi e tink say na e papa create d office? GEG... U either do ur work or u get d 4k outta d office. sad
Re: GEJ - Opposition Wants To Bring Us Down by Vogue50: 11:07pm On Jul 18, 2012
Kobojunkie:

Enough problems my foot! It seems clear at this point that what people are good at doing in this country is blowing things out of proportion rather than tackling issues head on.

What enormous problems do you speak of? Bad roads? Have we tried common sense approach to solving this which is hiring PROVEN companies to come in to fix this as they have in other countries? NO

What enormous problems are you rambling on about? Insecurity? Have we ever really tried overhauling our current Police force, getting rid of the incompetent, uneducated officers who barely have any idea what the law says, and maybe hiring the millions of unemployed graduates we have in abundance, to replace them, train those to become a better and more effective for, and also ensuring we not only equip them with all that is needed to do their job but also force them to understand that they are responsible for their own career and lives as part of the force etc? Na, that is too much common sense abi? Instead people like you would rather come on here to tell us that it is all impossible even before demanding that COMMON SENSE be caused to prevail at the government level.

What enormous problems are you blathering about? Corruption? Have we ever really tried to flush out the OBVOIOUS criminals in the system, handed them over to the right and trained authorities and ensured that those in Government be SUBJECT to the very runs they are sworn in to protect and uphold? Nah!!! That is too much common sense abi . . it is easier for people like you to come tell us how OJUJU CALABARS and spirits are behind it all and that they make it impossible for even you to consider COMMON SENSE as solution right? undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided

This man has, in the last 2 and almost half years, essentially wasted more than a billion dollars on "upgrading" just the Nigerian security apparatus. 1 billion dollars and yet NO VISIBLE change in the situation in the country, not even in the south where it has been near business as usual for the average Nigerian. Yet we have the audacity to continue to point at the problems being THE PROBLEM in all this.
Yes, I will always have the audacity to Proclaim my views objectively.. You sound a bit more logical than your cohorts Whose reasonings appear vague !

Firstly I do agree with u that the police force needs overhauling ;the question is how? Do u think replacing the police force with graduates will remedy our insecurity lapses?obviously not .

Secondly, I also agree with u that a lot of resources have been spent on fighting insecurity in the last 2years. You gave ur reasons on "upgrading nigerians security apparatus" . No reasonable government will condone this excessive act of belligerence,terrorism and incessant killings from BH and expect to spend peanuts! We still share similar views on bad roads, insecurity,etc.

Roads are under construction, police reforms are on- going. JTF are been deployed to areas vulnerable to BH to curb subsequent casualties. Am not saying that the government has delivered at optimal capacity but u cant accuse them of been completely inept ! Nigerians security problem is peculiar. Can't fathom why some group of people will invade a gathering of human beings and shoot everybody to death, redirect their grievances to livestocks and also eliminate them. Is that not madness and absurdity ? Where in this world have u heard such occurrence ?

Pls lets try not to be inimical always to government and give them a chance before crucifying!
Re: GEJ - Opposition Wants To Bring Us Down by Kobojunkie: 12:29am On Jul 19, 2012
Vogue50: Yes, I will always have the audacity to Proclaim my views objectively . You sound a bit more logical than your cohorts Whose reasonings appear vague ! Firstly I do agree with u that the police force needs overhauling ;the question is how? Do u think replacing the police force with graduates will remedy our insecurity lapses?obviously not .

ABSO-FING-LUTELY yes I believe it will because having an educated force beats a non-educated force any day. In addition,

a) An educated force will be more aware of the law, and what it says, when it comes to dealing with the Nigerian people.

b) Educated and informed force will be better able to carry out orders, and instructions than none educated minds can

c) An educated force is easier to train, especially when we expect them to compete with their counterpart in more developed societies. It costs more to train an illiterate force than it does a literate one. And these skills are pivotal in carrying out their job as security agencies in a country where chaos is still considered part norm

I could go on but I would rather you instead expound on why your answer to the question you asked is "obviously not"? I would like to know how any intelligent Nigerian out there who is well aware of the many problems with our police force, would posit that putting together a more educated team of Nigerians will not work for us.

Vogue50:
Secondly, I also agree with u that a lot of resources have been spent on fighting insecurity in the last 2years. You gave ur reasons on "upgrading nigerians security apparatus" . No reasonable government will condone this excessive act of belligerence,terrorism and incessant killings from BH and expect to spend peanuts! We still share similar views on bad roads, insecurity,etc. Roads are under construction, police reforms are on- going. JTF are been deployed to areas vulnerable to BH to curb subsequent casualties. Am not saying that the government has delivered at optimal capacity but u cant accuse them of been completely inept ! Nigerians security problem is peculiar. Can't fathom why some group of people will invade a gathering of human beings and shoot everybody to death, redirect their grievances to livestocks and also eliminate them. It's that not madness and absurdity ? Where in this world have u heard such occurrence ? Pls lets try not to be inimical always to government and give them a chance before crucifying!

Read this . . . BULL_S_HIT!!! The Government has NOT DELIVERED AT ALL, PERIOD!!!

First of all, Roads have absolutely nothing to do with Boko Haram or our security situation on a whole. Secondly, Nigeria's problem with insecurity did not begin with Boko Haram. Boko Haram is not in the south so I see no reason why it should now be linked SOLELY to the BokoHaram issues in a select part of Northern NIgeria. Enough of the brain-farts for excuses . . .

As for construction of roads, we heard exactly the same excuses in 2010, and then in 2011,and now again in 2012. Do you know how much the Government has so far spent on the many road projects that we never seem to be getting right since many of them seem to revolve in "State of Construction" year after year, over $1.2 billion dollars in all 3 years. It's time people start checking the bill that keeps coming in. We are spending so much money yet there is little evidence of where the money keeps going. That remains the story of Federal Road construction in Nigeria, even today.

What police reforms are ungoing? Again, Jonathan started these so-called Police reforms in 2010, when Boko-Haram started rearing it's ugly head after it's brief "run-in" with Yar adua. He voted about $0.5 billion dollars in 2010, for "police reform".

In 2011, he got about $1 billion dollars for, again, "security reform". In 2012, he got almost the same amount for what? you guessed it, "security reform". And this is not in addition to amounts spent by states to help equip the local forces with such equipment like helicopters, patrol cars, etc. I am sure states have all together spent an additional $0.5 billion trying to inject some sanity into the force from their end.
So stop bullshitting people with this reform is "in progress" nonsense because it has been for almost 3 years, for over 1 billion dollars, and we are yet to see tangible changes.

1 Like

Re: GEJ - Opposition Wants To Bring Us Down by dedeike: 2:18am On Jul 19, 2012
@MR. KOBOJUNKIE,
when the cat is away.......... grin grin grin. I can see you have been having a nice time distorting truth, spreading falsehood and deceiving your gullible audience. But Its time for truth to prevail .

First of all, I want to address your tantrums about Boko Haram. The president said clearly that this peculiar security challenge, which has never occurred in the history of our country and that of many countries in the world, is a distraction. Now unless you re one of those sponsoring this menace, I don't see any reason why you won't agree with him. No other advanced country in the world is facing this challenge of home grown terrorism where it's indigenes wake up in the morning and plan how to die, killing other people in the process. Even the world's most populous Islamic state do not experience this challenge.

That notwithstanding, the present govt is fighting these people who have resolved to kill themselves. The govt is pursuing the peculiar task of making sure that they dont kill themselves. They declared that NIGERIA should be Islamised. The question then is, has Nigeria been Islamised? They said in January that all southerners should leave Northern NIGERIA, has that been achieved? They have declared and supports your desire to have Jonathan out of power, is GEJ OUT OF ASO ROCK? He is even cruising to a second term. They released a long list of their targets in Abuja for bombing including Aso villa, National Assembly, Transcorp Hilton, NCC, CBN, NNPC, ARMY headquarters etc. have they achieved any? In Abuja, much to your disappointment, life is going on normal. Clubs are bubbling. Schools are kicking, markets are abuzz, contractors are kicking, malls are agog etc.

Faced with defeat, the cowards have resorted to attacking worshippers in isolated churches in the North. Why not FCT? ,COWARDS!
GOD IS IN CONTROL.
GOD knows that you and your paymasters will use BOKO HARAM to distract this govt. And that is why he is keeping watch.

That is why inspite of all your distractions, GOD HAS KEPT GEJ GOING, BREAKING NEW GROUNDS, REFORMING and delivering the dividends which I shall reproduce in a succeeding post accordingly
Re: GEJ - Opposition Wants To Bring Us Down by dedeike: 2:19am On Jul 19, 2012
The transformation agenda is on course. Reforms are ongoing in every sector.

The finance ministry is carrying out bio metric evaluation of federal civil servants  to reduce waste. There is the new integrated online payment system which helps the minister monitor transfer of public funds. Our foreign reserves have risen again to 37 billion dollars. There's the proposed Soveriegn Wealth Fund to cater for excess oil sale proceeds.

In Energy, a lot of reforms. The president is keen on transparency and thus has set up probes into the sector viz KPMG AUDIT and AIG IMOUKHEDE. The president sought to close the window of corruption by removing subsidy but the cabal misled Labour into a protest. That notwithstanding, the reforms are still ongoing and the full deregulation of the downstream sector being vigorously pursued. Last week, the FG had concluded the PIB which remains a landmark legislation that will revolutionarize the petroleum  industry. Refineries are undergoing repairs and an American company, VULCAN is to build six more new refineries.

In roads, Zaria-Funtua-Gusau roads, Oshodi-Apapa with expansion and drainage works,  dedicated bridge frm liverpool roundabout to Tin can ports, trailer park, Dualisation  of Ibadan -Ilorin, ENUGU-Onitsha, completion of OWERRI -Onitsha,    9th mile, ongoing reconstruction of Benin-Ore-Sagamu highway measuring over 265 km, Kano-Maidugri Dualisation. Keffi -Akwanga-Lafia, award of Afikpo-Okigwe, Auchi-Okene being handled by Setraco. Loko-Eweta-Karishi bridge, Kolo-Nembe -Brass  to mention but a few.

In Transport, massive reforms at the ports. Sanitisation and reduction of operating agencies to 7. Introduction of 24 hrs ports operation. Ongoing Construction of light gauge train railways across t4 cardinal point of the federation

In  Aviation, massive reconstruction of major airports in the land, Enugu airport is undergoing total rehabilitation. The domestic wing of Abuja airport is also being reconstructed with expansion of roads and car parks. Same fr the international wing and the kano airports

In Education, establishment of 9 new federal universities in less than 1 year. Constructed 2 new campuses of the Nigerian law schools in Yenagoa and Yola respectively. Launched the Almajiri schools for education of itenerant Islamic pupils in the north wFhich Buhari and other northern leaders abandoned. Increased funding to almost 400 billion to education thereby setting an all time highest record. Reinvigorated the inspectorate oversight of schools leading to the revocation of some licenses from universities. Executed the landmark upgrade of university lecturers retirement age from 65 to 70. 

In agriculture, for the first time in our history, we have a clearly defined agricultural policy which is targeted towards maximum utilisation of cassava for growth thru the launch of the cassava bread campaign. The policy is intended to reduce our reliance on imported wheat so as to encourage local production of cassava and it's conversion to flour for bakery. The FG has in less than one year eliminated the middlemen cartel that fed fat on fertiliser distribution at the expense of local farmers. Now through deregulation reforms, fertiliser is now accessible in the open market. he has also embarked on massive construction of silos and has increased import duties on the importation of rice in order to encourage local farmers. The efforts of the minister has been so appreciable that the world bank assisted with over 50 billion Naira for fertiliser redistribution scheme/ silos. The CBN has also set up a 500 billion loan scheme which is to assist farmers.

In power, the NIPP has been revived with the subsequent refurbishment of Afam, Alaoji, Calabar, GEREGU, Omotosho, papalanto power plants. This has led to the addition last December of 4,000 megawatts from barely 1700 to the national grid. To address the problem of distribution,  the 18 successor companies have been slated for privatization.  The media is already awash with news of the proposed privatization next week. The reforms include the review of tariffs in order to ensure a cost reflective tariff that will encourage private sector participation in the building of gas plants. Already, this has started yielding dividends as SPDC has commenced processes towards building a gas plant in IMO state.
Re: GEJ - Opposition Wants To Bring Us Down by Kobojunkie: 3:15am On Jul 19, 2012
As I said . .
Vogue50: Yes, I will always have the audacity to Proclaim my views objectively . You sound a bit more logical than your cohorts Whose reasonings appear vague ! Firstly I do agree with u that the police force needs overhauling ;the question is how? Do u think replacing the police force with graduates will remedy our insecurity lapses?obviously not .

ABSO-FING-LUTELY yes I believe it will because having an educated force beats a non-educated force any day. In addition,

a) An educated force will be more aware of the law, and what it says, when it comes to dealing with the Nigerian people.

b) Educated and informed force will be better able to carry out orders, and instructions than none educated minds can

c) An educated force is easier to train, especially when we expect them to compete with their counterpart in more developed societies. It costs more to train an illiterate force than it does a literate one. And these skills are pivotal in carrying out their job as security agencies in a country where chaos is still considered part norm

I could go on but I would rather you instead expound on why your answer to the question you asked is "obviously not"? I would like to know how any intelligent Nigerian out there who is well aware of the many problems with our police force, would posit that putting together a more educated team of Nigerians will not work for us.

Vogue50:
Secondly, I also agree with u that a lot of resources have been spent on fighting insecurity in the last 2years. You gave ur reasons on "upgrading nigerians security apparatus" . No reasonable government will condone this excessive act of belligerence,terrorism and incessant killings from BH and expect to spend peanuts! We still share similar views on bad roads, insecurity,etc. Roads are under construction, police reforms are on- going. JTF are been deployed to areas vulnerable to BH to curb subsequent casualties. Am not saying that the government has delivered at optimal capacity but u cant accuse them of been completely inept ! Nigerians security problem is peculiar. Can't fathom why some group of people will invade a gathering of human beings and shoot everybody to death, redirect their grievances to livestocks and also eliminate them. It's that not madness and absurdity ? Where in this world have u heard such occurrence ? Pls lets try not to be inimical always to government and give them a chance before crucifying!

Read this . . . BULL_S_HIT!!! The Government has NOT DELIVERED AT ALL, PERIOD!!!

First of all, Roads have absolutely nothing to do with Boko Haram or our security situation on a whole. Secondly, Nigeria's problem with insecurity did not begin with Boko Haram. Boko Haram does not operate in the southern states, it seems,so I see no reason why insecurity in Nigeria should now be linked SOLELY to the BokoHaram. Enough of the brain-farts for excuses . . .

As for construction of roads, we heard exactly the same excuses in 2010, and then in 2011,and now again in 2012. Do you know how much the Government has so far spent on the many road projects that we never seem to be getting right since many of them seem to revolve in "State of Construction" year after year, over $1.2 billion dollars in all 3 years. It's time people start checking the bill that keeps coming in. We are spending so much money yet there is little evidence of where the money keeps going. That remains the story of Federal Road construction in Nigeria, even today.

What police reforms are ungoing? Again, Jonathan started these so-called Police reforms in 2010, when Boko-Haram started rearing it's ugly head after it's brief "run-in" with Yar adua. He voted about $0.5 billion dollars in 2010, for "police reform".

In 2011, he got about $1 billion dollars for, again, "security reform". In 2012, he got almost the same amount for what? you guessed it, "security reform". And this is not in addition to amounts spent by states to help equip the local forces with such equipment like helicopters, patrol cars, etc. I am sure states have all together spent an additional $0.5 billion trying to inject some sanity into the force from their end.
So stop bullshitting people with this reform is "in progress" nonsense because it has been for almost 3 years, well over 1 billion dollars spent so far, and we are yet to see tangible changes. Matter of fact, it is more than clear that the problems are no longer THE PROBLEM but the incompetent bunch we have in power, and continue to give Billions of our limited funds to, to solve these issues which only require them implementing COMMON SENSE SOLUTIONS that have been tried and tested for millenia.
Re: GEJ - Opposition Wants To Bring Us Down by Vogue50: 4:38am On Jul 19, 2012
Kobojunkie:

First of all, Roads have absolutely nothing to do with Boko Haram or our security situation on a whole. Secondly, Nigeria's problem with insecurity did not begin with Boko Haram. Boko Haram is not in the south so I see no reason why it should now be linked SOLELY to the BokoHaram issues in a select part of Northern NIgeria. Enough
of the brain-farts for excuses . . .

So stop bullshitting people with this reform is "in progress" nonsense because it has been for almost 3 years, for over 1 billion dollars, and we are yet to see tangible changes.
u should endeavor to read carefully, assimilate comments before responding maladroitly ! Firstly, I never mentioned road as a militating factor against security or bokoharam Expungement. I mentioned it as a major challenge in the country which the present administration has taken giant strides to address majority of them . Roads on-going include : dualization of Ibadan- ilorin , owerri - onitsha , Enugu - onitsha to mention but a few . U should also bear in mind that it is not the sole responsibility of the federal government to construct or repair all the roads in the country. The state and the local governments also share similar responsibility. That makes it a collective responsibility as well . Moreover the recieve allocations monthly . Secondly, I never said we should have a non- educated force. I said ,replacing the entire police force with only graduates won't eradicate the problem of insecurity. Are u now saying that majority of our police officers are illiterates? Obviously not. At least, u agreed that there is an on -going reform. Your abberations Delineate hatred and lack of patriotism.
Re: GEJ - Opposition Wants To Bring Us Down by Johndoe100(m): 4:38am On Jul 19, 2012
One of the reasons I like Kobo is his (do you prefer him or her? what are they calling she-males nowadays?) ability to go on and on in the face of overwhelming evidence to the contrary. By the way kobo are there still petrol shortages and ques in Nigeria? You see kobo some of us are politically active HERE IN NIGERIA and do you know what the people, the real people who vote care about? Try and find out.
You say the government has not delivered, on the ground here we feel the difference and can see the effects of the transformation beginning to kick in. Unlike the others who will engage you in a long (and in my opinion pointless) debate. I know that you and people like you can't influence anyone. The concerted efforts of the opposition are irritating and colouring perceptions to an extent but my party the PDP has for reasons best known to them not taken the fight to the opposition as we have been urging them to do for some time. Once they do that we will once again set the tone of the debate.
Re: GEJ - Opposition Wants To Bring Us Down by Kobojunkie: 4:54am On Jul 19, 2012
I purposely injected that in there so you could never come up with such brain-fart later, as valid response.

* Federal roads ARE NOT the responsibility of the Local or State Governments. Please stop suggesting they are. Now, could you please go back, read what I typed as a response to you, and come back with something better than the crock above for a retort.

* Monthly allocations have absolutely nothing to do with the state of our federal roads, so please desist from attempts to shift this off to lower officials. We are dealing here with issues at the Federal level, and I expect you to offer up something intelligent for rebuttal, and not tripe.

* No, I don't agree with you that reform is happening. I am being told it is but I haven't seen it. So, please make sure to read what I typed as is. I know how much has been spent, but I have no evidence to show for where that money has gone or where that reform exists.

Now, again . . .
Kobojunkie: As I said . .

First of all, Roads have absolutely nothing to do with Boko Haram or our security situation on a whole. Secondly, Nigeria's problem with insecurity did not begin with Boko Haram. Boko Haram does not operate in the southern states, it seems,so I see no reason why insecurity in Nigeria should now be linked SOLELY to the BokoHaram. Enough of the brain-farts for excuses . . .

So stop bullshitting people with this reform is "in progress" nonsense because it has been for almost 3 years, well over 1 billion dollars spent so far, and we are yet to see tangible changes. Matter of fact, it is more than clear that the problems are no longer THE PROBLEM but the incompetent bunch we have in power, and continue to give Billions of our limited funds to, to solve these issues which only require them implementing COMMON SENSE SOLUTIONS that have been tried and tested for millenia.
Re: GEJ - Opposition Wants To Bring Us Down by superior1: 6:43am On Jul 19, 2012
dedeike: The transformation agenda is on course. Reforms are ongoing in every sector.

The finance ministry is carrying out bio metric evaluation of federal civil servants  to reduce waste. There is the new integrated online payment system which helps the minister monitor transfer of public funds. Our foreign reserves have risen again to 37 billion dollars. There's the proposed Soveriegn Wealth Fund to cater for excess oil sale proceeds.

In Energy, a lot of reforms. The president is keen on transparency and thus has set up probes into the sector viz KPMG AUDIT and AIG IMOUKHEDE. The president sought to close the window of corruption by removing subsidy but the cabal misled Labour into a protest. That notwithstanding, the reforms are still ongoing and the full deregulation of the downstream sector being vigorously pursued. Last week, the FG had concluded the PIB which remains a landmark legislation that will revolutionarize the petroleum  industry. Refineries are undergoing repairs and an American company, VULCAN is to build six more new refineries.

In roads, Zaria-Funtua-Gusau roads, Oshodi-Apapa with expansion and drainage works,  dedicated bridge frm liverpool roundabout to Tin can ports, trailer park, Dualisation  of Ibadan -Ilorin, ENUGU-Onitsha, completion of OWERRI -Onitsha,    9th mile, ongoing reconstruction of Benin-Ore-Sagamu highway measuring over 265 km, Kano-Maidugri Dualisation. Keffi -Akwanga-Lafia, award of Afikpo-Okigwe, Auchi-Okene being handled by Setraco. Loko-Eweta-Karishi bridge, Kolo-Nembe -Brass  to mention but a few.

In Transport, massive reforms at the ports. Sanitisation and reduction of operating agencies to 7. Introduction of 24 hrs ports operation. Ongoing Construction of light gauge train railways across t4 cardinal point of the federation

In  Aviation, massive reconstruction of major airports in the land, Enugu airport is undergoing total rehabilitation. The domestic wing of Abuja airport is also being reconstructed with expansion of roads and car parks. Same fr the international wing and the kano airports

In Education, establishment of 9 new federal universities in less than 1 year. Constructed 2 new campuses of the Nigerian law schools in Yenagoa and Yola respectively. Launched the Almajiri schools for education of itenerant Islamic pupils in the north wFhich Buhari and other northern leaders abandoned. Increased funding to almost 400 billion to education thereby setting an all time highest record. Reinvigorated the inspectorate oversight of schools leading to the revocation of some licenses from universities. Executed the landmark upgrade of university lecturers retirement age from 65 to 70. 

In agriculture, for the first time in our history, we have a clearly defined agricultural policy which is targeted towards maximum utilisation of cassava for growth thru the launch of the cassava bread campaign. The policy is intended to reduce our reliance on imported wheat so as to encourage local production of cassava and it's conversion to flour for bakery. The FG has in less than one year eliminated the middlemen cartel that fed fat on fertiliser distribution at the expense of local farmers. Now through deregulation reforms, fertiliser is now accessible in the open market. he has also embarked on massive construction of silos and has increased import duties on the importation of rice in order to encourage local farmers. The efforts of the minister has been so appreciable that the world bank assisted with over 50 billion Naira for fertiliser redistribution scheme/ silos. The CBN has also set up a 500 billion loan scheme which is to assist farmers.

In power, the NIPP has been revived with the subsequent refurbishment of Afam, Alaoji, Calabar, GEREGU, Omotosho, papalanto power plants. This has led to the addition last December of 4,000 megawatts from barely 1700 to the national grid. To address the problem of distribution,  the 18 successor companies have been slated for privatization.  The media is already awash with news of the proposed privatization next week. The reforms include the review of tariffs in order to ensure a cost reflective tariff that will encourage private sector participation in the building of gas plants. Already, this has started yielding dividends as SPDC has commenced processes towards building a gas plant in IMO state. 

Laptop No 15, why do you like writing long epistles only to prove nothing?. How does all your fable validate GEJ claim that opposition is trying to destroy is Governement?

1 Like

Re: GEJ - Opposition Wants To Bring Us Down by Euroclydon(m): 6:47am On Jul 19, 2012
God no go gree them pull you down GEJ...Na God put u there.
Re: GEJ - Opposition Wants To Bring Us Down by DExplorer1: 7:00am On Jul 19, 2012
superior1:

Laptop No 15, why do you like writing long epistles only to prove nothing?. How does all your fable validate GEJ claim that opposition is trying to destroy is Governement?

If you have a problem with this government, why not state it or keep it to yourself rather than critize an objective view powered by a working government.
Re: GEJ - Opposition Wants To Bring Us Down by katordidi(m): 7:56am On Jul 19, 2012
and give me one good reason why they shouldn't Mr president. He's as clueless as ever
Re: GEJ - Opposition Wants To Bring Us Down by mmmustapha(m): 11:22am On Jul 19, 2012
What have u done to stay there?

1 Like

Re: GEJ - Opposition Wants To Bring Us Down by dederocs(m): 12:31pm On Jul 19, 2012
You speak the truth,we all should realıse that the pdp comprıses of vaın men of both souther and northern Nıgerıa.thıer aım ıs to steal and launder our collectıve resources.Extremısts thrıve when the polıtıcal system ıs weak and full of phsycophants,lıars and narrow mınds.Our problems are polıtıcal,We need to save our lıves and that of our loed ones to remove thıs enemy of progress called pdp out of power-let us take back our dıgnıty and franchıse.then we can talk of SNG.

1 Like

Re: GEJ - Opposition Wants To Bring Us Down by Fhemmmy: 3:24pm On Jul 19, 2012
mmmustapha: What have u done to stay there?

Ouchhhh . . . Jab below the belt
Re: GEJ - Opposition Wants To Bring Us Down by Vogue50: 6:13pm On Jul 19, 2012
Kobojunkie: I purposely injected that in there so you could never come up with such brain-fart later, as valid response.

* Federal roads ARE NOT the responsibility of the Local or State Governments. Please stop suggesting they are. Now, could you please go back, read what I typed as a response to you, and come back with something better than the crock above for a retort.

* Monthly allocations have absolutely nothing to do with the state of our federal roads, so please desist from attempts to shift this off to lower officials. We are dealing here with issues at the Federal level, and I expect you to offer up something intelligent for rebuttal, and not tripe.

* No, I don't agree with you that reform is happening. I am being told it is but I haven't seen it. So, please make sure to read what I typed as is. I know how much has been spent, but I have no evidence to show for where that money has gone or where that reform exists.

Now, again . . .
[quote author=Kobojunkie] Can see how cynical u have resolved to be by distorting facts with falsehood. Let me Be explicit , just to alleviate your Inept perception and see how cogent your subsequent posts will look like ! I never said " Federal roads are the responsibility of local and state government" rather, I said that, it's not the sole responsibility of federal government to repair and construct roads across the federation. I also went further to say that it's a collective effort and responsibility shared amongst the THREE TIERS of government ( federal , state and local governments respectively ). Is the responsibility of the FEDERAL GOVERNMENT to repair and construct roads linking two neighboring states; those ROADS are called " TRUNCK A roads ". The STATE government's own the responsibility of rehabilitating or constructing new roads within the urban area in its state and also major roads linking one local government area to the other. STATE ROADS are called " TRUNCK B Roads ". The LOCAL government as well own the responsibility of rural rehabilitation and construction of roads within its jurisdiction. What's wrong with that? Dont be a dummy by making unnecessary twist of information to achieve your junkie desires ! Yeaah, that's true ! His name is kobo junkie abi ? Junkie is a slang used for narcotic addicts ,especially heroin. I think u tend behaving like your name. Am done with u. Try and change that name, so u don't get consumed by it !
Re: GEJ - Opposition Wants To Bring Us Down by Kobojunkie: 8:23pm On Jul 19, 2012
Vogue50: Can see how cynical u have resolved to be by distorting facts with falsehood. Let me Be explicit , just to alleviate your Inept perception and see how cogent your subsequent posts will look like ! I never said " Federal roads are the responsibility of local and state government" rather, I said that, it's not the sole responsibility of federal government to repair and construct roads across the federation. I also went further to say that it's a collective effort and responsibility shared amongst the THREE TIERS of government ( federal , state and local governments respectively ). Is the responsibility of the FEDERAL GOVERNMENT to repair and construct roads linking two neighboring states; those ROADS are called " TRUNCK A roads ". The STATE government's own the responsibility of rehabilitating or constructing new roads within the urban area in its state and also major roads linking one local government area to the other. STATE ROADS are called " TRUNCK B Roads ". The LOCAL government as well own the responsibility of rural rehabilitation and construction of roads within its jurisdiction. What's wrong with that? Dont be a dummy by making unnecessary twist of information to achieve your junkie desires ! Yeaah, that's true ! His name is kobo junkie abi ? Junkie is a slang used for narcotic addicts ,especially heroin. I think u tend behaving like your name. Am done with u. Try and change that name, so u don't get consumed by it !

I was beginning to wonder if it would take you to hold it in a couple more days ! As always, it is now to attack me rather than focus ! grin grin grin grin grin grin

@Kobojunkie, by simply telling it as it is, has broken another one ooo!! shocked shocked shocked shocked
Re: GEJ - Opposition Wants To Bring Us Down by Kobojunkie: 2:35am On Jul 20, 2012
ifeci: until he realizes that his biggest opposition are the masses! of whom majority at the moment are not happy with his Government/leadership/pdp then maybe he will realize that he is already down!

the man opposes his oown self!
Re: GEJ - Opposition Wants To Bring Us Down by Nobody: 5:17am On Jul 20, 2012
GEJ's government is down already.
Re: GEJ - Opposition Wants To Bring Us Down by superior1: 7:04am On Jul 20, 2012
bayooooooo: GEJ's government is down already.

Thats true, he that is down shouldnt fear a fall
Re: GEJ - Opposition Wants To Bring Us Down by jpphilips(m): 1:52pm On Jul 21, 2012
nebula9: U are already down

he that is down fears no fall

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Wike Kick-start the construction of Elelenwo-akpajo-eleme Road. pics / Yoruba States' Police, 'amotekun', Take Off (photos) / Tricycle, Motorcycle Operators In Nsukka Given One-Month To Obtain Number Plates

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 146
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.