Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,583 members, 7,812,906 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 09:59 PM

Reset Windows 8 Password Without Password Reset Disk - Technology Market - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Technology Market / Reset Windows 8 Password Without Password Reset Disk (4470 Views)

How To Reset A Lost Windows 8 Password With Another Admin Account? / Two Ways To Remove Winrar Password Without Software / Can I Reset Windows 7 Password With Installation Disc On HP Pavlilion Dv6000? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Reset Windows 8 Password Without Password Reset Disk by brusestudery: 11:12am On Jul 18, 2012
Can't remember your Windows 8 logon password and get locked? If you've created a Windows 8 password reset disk beforehand, you can use it to reset the forgotten password easily. But in case you haven't taken precautionary steps earlier before you forgot the password, you can't be able to create that password reset disk without logon the account.

Here are some other methods that you can use to reset Windows 8 password without password reset disk, though, not referring to reinstall your Windows system as it will wipe your computer data that's maybe important to you.

Reset Windows 8 Password with PIN logon
It's fact that you can use Windows 8 PIN logon method to reset other types of logon passwords. So, if you have used PIN code on Windows 8 previously then you can use it again to login on Windows 8 and reset a lost password.

How to Set up PIN Logon?
Step 1. On the default Metro style home window, click Control Panel.
Step 2. Select Users from main navigation bar and click Create a PIN on left side of the Window.
Step 3.You'll be prompted for the password of your current account. Enter the logon password and click on OK button.
Step 4. Enter the four digit PIN and also retype the PIN to confirm it. Click on "Finish" to end your operation.

That is all! your PIN is now set up for PIN logon to Windows 8 and you can start using it next time to login to Windows 8 account. You will see Logon Options link on Windows 8 Logon Screen, which lets you switch between configured logon options. Here, you can choose PIN Logon Credential Provider option to logon to Windows via PIN code.

Reset Windows 8 Password with Windows Password Unlocker
Coming with intuitive GUI interface, Windows Password Unlocker is the easiest Windows 8 password recovery tool I ever find. It's especially favored by those who forgot Windows 8 password with little computer skill as it only takes a few clicks to reset the password.

Windows Password Unlocker can help you reset forgotten or lost Windows administrator, and other user account password with a bootable CD/DVD/USB, which prevents you from accessing your computer. With this efficient Windows password reset utility, you can enjoy quick access to your locked computer without formatting, no matter what your PC brand and Windows OS are, which is 100% reset rate guaranteed.

It requires you 3 simple steps to reset lost Windows 8/7/Vista/XP password through this application: Download -> Burn -> Reset. The whole process will cost you no more than 5 minutes.

If you forgot your Windows 8 password, you can try to recover Windows 8 password easily and safely With the methods above, No need to reinstall the whole operating system and all other software installed on your computer.
Re: Reset Windows 8 Password Without Password Reset Disk by Koroly: 8:50am On Jan 10, 2013
If you want your forgotten password recovery in Windows 8 reset software can be the best choice.
Re: Reset Windows 8 Password Without Password Reset Disk by Sebrally: 9:00am On Jan 29, 2013
Windows 8 password lost I also met before. With the recommendation I used the Ophcrack. But it is not helpful for me. So I used the reset software lastly like above article said. With Windows Password Recovery Tool 3.0, I completed my Windows 8 password recovery quickly and my data was safe all.
Re: Reset Windows 8 Password Without Password Reset Disk by yilia: 3:49am On Dec 24, 2013
Thank you for your nice post for how to reset windows 8 password without disk.
I know another easy way for that, the tool is able to reset windows password without losing any data of your computer.
You can go ahead for a look and try.
Re: Reset Windows 8 Password Without Password Reset Disk by Joseph91: 8:46am On Oct 31, 2014
I also got a video guide to reset forgotten Windows 8 password.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1a97woJXUpQ&feature=youtu.be

(1) (Reply)

Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge Plus |SOLD!!! / All Kind Of Generator Set @ Cheapest Price: / Scrap And Faulty Items, Electronic Buyer

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.