Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,241 members, 7,836,152 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 09:38 PM

Sighting Of Moon Not Required To Begin Ramadan Fasting? - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Sighting Of Moon Not Required To Begin Ramadan Fasting? (883 Views)

Moon Sighting / Sultan Releases Telephone Numbers To Report Sighting Of New Moon / The Spirit Of Ramadan Fasting In Pictures (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Sighting Of Moon Not Required To Begin Ramadan Fasting? by usisky(m): 6:19pm On Jul 18, 2012
ALL PRAISES BE TO THE MOST HIGH-GOD ALMIGHTY!!

PEACE TO ALL!!

God gave us scientific knowledge to determine exactly when a lunar month will begin and end. Astronomers have this knowledge precisely calculated and we can compute the day Ramadan will begin (or end) for a particular year months and years in advance. Lunar calendars are printed and people conduct business and trade in middle eastern countries without any uncertainty. God says in the Quran:

[Quran 10:5] He is the One who rendered the sun radiant, and the moon a light, and He designed its phases that you may learn to count the years and to calculate. GOD did not create all this, except for a specific purpose. He explains the revelations for people who know.

[Quran 2:189] They ask you about the phases of the moon! Say, "They provide a timing device for the people, and determine the time of Hajj." It is not righteous to beat around the bush;* righteousness is attained by upholding the commandments and by being straightforward. You shall observe GOD, that you may succeed.

We do not try to physically see the sun's position when it is time to pray our Contact Prayers (Salat). The sun, earth and moon follow precise orbits (21:33). Similarly, there is no need for trying to sight the crescent of the moon to start fasting. Any observatory or astronomy center should have that information for your area. Some almanacs, magazines or newspapers also report the times for the phases of the moon.

You may Read the Rest of the Article here: http://www.masjidtucson.org/submission/practices/ramadan/sighting_OfMoonRamadanFasting.html

Also this page for Starting of Ramadan 2012 and other valuable infos: http://www.masjidtucson.org/submission/practices/ramadan/index.html

PEACE!!
Re: Sighting Of Moon Not Required To Begin Ramadan Fasting? by tbaba1234: 7:07pm On Jul 18, 2012
Please stop making a fool of yourself with this...
Re: Sighting Of Moon Not Required To Begin Ramadan Fasting? by usisky(m): 7:11pm On Jul 18, 2012
tbaba1234: Please stop making a fool of yourself with this...

Thanks Tbaba.Appreciate your 2-cents.
Re: Sighting Of Moon Not Required To Begin Ramadan Fasting? by mkmyers45(m): 7:18pm On Jul 18, 2012
tbaba1234: Please stop making a fool of yourself with this...

what is wrong? Are his interpretaions false or they don't suit you?
Re: Sighting Of Moon Not Required To Begin Ramadan Fasting? by tbaba1234: 7:24pm On Jul 18, 2012
mkmyers45:

what is wrong? Are his interpretaions false or they don't suit you?

He is ignorant, that's why?.... has been proven time and time again
Re: Sighting Of Moon Not Required To Begin Ramadan Fasting? by mkmyers45(m): 7:33pm On Jul 18, 2012
tbaba1234:

care to correct him now? Atleast he's studying and wants to learn....
Re: Sighting Of Moon Not Required To Begin Ramadan Fasting? by tbaba1234: 7:58pm On Jul 18, 2012
^ He is not here to learn, his deviated ideas have been thoroughly refuted.... He keeps coming back with this kinds of nonsense after losing debate after debate...
This particular topic is one of the better ones sef....
Re: Sighting Of Moon Not Required To Begin Ramadan Fasting? by usisky(m): 7:59pm On Jul 18, 2012
tbaba1234:

As for the first part of your statement; i say thank you to that. As for the other half, i'd
like if you could please refer me to when and where that happened. Besides, if u wanna go for a "duel"- i will
humbly accept. We will Scrutinize the current Islamic practices/belief against the Qur'anic teachings if
you desire that.Only Then,will we find out who the truly ignorant is?!! One who believes "apostates" deserve death,
calling a peacemaker ignorant. if you don't remember- i can search u the thread....Mr Tbaba the great "SAGE".
Re: Sighting Of Moon Not Required To Begin Ramadan Fasting? by tbaba1234: 8:07pm On Jul 18, 2012
usisky: As for the first part of your statement; i say thank you to that. As for the other half, i'd
like if you could please refer me to when and where that happened. Besides, if u wanna go for a "duel"- i will
humbly accept. We will Scrutinize the current Islamic practices/belief against the Qur'anic teachings if
you desire that.Only Then,will we find out who the truly ignorant is?!! One who believes "apostates" deserve death,
calling a peacemaker ignorant. if you don't remember- i can search u the thread....Mr Tbaba the great "SAGE".

What do you want to talk about when you know nothing about Islam? You know nothing about Quranic teachings with all due respect... How can you talk with someone that does not understand the context of revelation?

There is no substance to most of your write-up... It is all garbage....
Re: Sighting Of Moon Not Required To Begin Ramadan Fasting? by mkmyers45(m): 8:12pm On Jul 18, 2012
tbaba1234:

What do you want to talk about when you know nothing about Islam? You know nothing about Quranic teachings with all due respect... How can you talk with someone that does not understand the context of revelation?

There is no substance to most of your write-up... It is all garbage....

On what grounds do you judge his knowledge of the Qu'ran? Is there any set standards or that is your own interpretation?
Re: Sighting Of Moon Not Required To Begin Ramadan Fasting? by tbaba1234: 8:22pm On Jul 18, 2012
mkmyers45: On what grounds do you judge his knowledge of the Qu'ran? Is there any set standards or that is your own interpretation?

Set standards; He knows nothing about the verses he quotes, the context of revelation, why it was revealed, who was it talking about..... Nothing... He just quotes english without even a proper understanding of Classical Arabic.... It is a disaster, i tell you
Re: Sighting Of Moon Not Required To Begin Ramadan Fasting? by DevotedOne(m): 3:06pm On Jul 20, 2012
Bismillaah ir Rahmaan ir Rahiim. Ramadhan Mubarak! As salaamu alaykum, everyone.

http://www.moonsighting.com/1433rmd.html Moonsighting for Ramadhan.

Wassalaam. DevotedOne
Re: Sighting Of Moon Not Required To Begin Ramadan Fasting? by usisky(m): 6:22pm On Jul 09, 2013
Peace to all once again!

Ramadan started today by God's will.

Deols ma'am, pls go through the links in the OP. Tell me what you think. Salaam!
Re: Sighting Of Moon Not Required To Begin Ramadan Fasting? by mashnino(m): 8:27pm On Jul 09, 2013
so you fasted today??
Re: Sighting Of Moon Not Required To Begin Ramadan Fasting? by usisky(m): 9:36pm On Jul 09, 2013
^^^^Peace brother. Insha'allah i did fast.....
Re: Sighting Of Moon Not Required To Begin Ramadan Fasting? by Samdul: 10:49pm On Jul 09, 2013
so whats our bussiness if u fasted or not,u have tendered your deviant ways in this forum many times,without any sense in it,if u observed closely u will find out dt nobody even responds to ur threads these days,u have been trashed tym and tym again about all ur claims.
Re: Sighting Of Moon Not Required To Begin Ramadan Fasting? by Samdul: 10:50pm On Jul 09, 2013
so whats our bussiness if u fasted or not,u have tendered your deviant ways in this forum many times,without any sense in it,if u observed closely u will find out dt nobody even responds to ur threads these days,u have been trashed tym and tym again on all ur claims.
Re: Sighting Of Moon Not Required To Begin Ramadan Fasting? by deols(f): 4:20pm On Jul 10, 2013
Ihdina siratal Mustakeem
Re: Sighting Of Moon Not Required To Begin Ramadan Fasting? by ChristKid1: 4:34pm On Jul 10, 2013
deols: Ihdina siratal Mustakeem

What does that mean? Meanwhile check this thread>> https://www.nairaland.com/1353425/spirit-ramadan

(1) (Reply)

Lets Begin : Racism In Islam (part 1) / How Liverpool FC Prepares Players For Ramadan / Recommend Threads For Home Page From This Section

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.