Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,275 members, 7,836,234 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 11:54 PM

Anambra, Key To Industrial Revolution - Aganga - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Anambra, Key To Industrial Revolution - Aganga (2486 Views)

Anambra industrial revolution pics / GEJ's Achievements: Aganga, Iweala, Nebo, Adesina & Madueke Give Accounts / Did Anyone See Sanusi & Aganga On Tv Answering Furious Senators? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Anambra, Key To Industrial Revolution - Aganga by DidierKing: 4:09am On Jul 19, 2012
THE Minister of Trade and Investment, Mr Olusegun Aganga, has said Anambra State has a fundamental role in the notational industrial revolution plan of the country

Mr Aganga said this when he paid a visit to Governor Peter Obi at the Government House, Awka, on Tuesday.

Mr Aganga said the state was a major player in industrial and enterprise development.

He disclosed that a recent survey by the National Bureau of Statistics revealed that the state had the highest number of small and medium scale enterprises, and was leading in four industrial sectors, including the automobile sector.

The Minister extolled Governor Obi for championing the patronage of 'Made in Nigeria' goods and encouraging and empowering industrialists and embarking on massive infrastructural development in industrial areas.

Mr Aganga said the Federal Government would work closely with Governor Obi and industrialists in the state to fast-track industrial growth and development, while commending the Innoson Vehicles Manufacturing Company for the giant strides recorded so far.

He explained that the Federal Government was reversing the trend of exporting raw materials and importing finished products by repositioning and strengthening the manufacturing sector and focusing on areas of competitive and comparative advantage.

Responding, Governor Obi called for a ban on the importation of cables and other products which were also produced in Nigeria to protect local industries and encourage them to grow
Re: Anambra, Key To Industrial Revolution - Aganga by Ndata(m): 4:37am On Jul 19, 2012
He disclosed that a recent survey by the National Bureau of Statistics revealed that the state had the highest number of small and medium scale enterprises, and was leading in four industrial sectors, including the automobile sector.

And where is that Abagworo that was arguing in another thread that Aba has the highest.
Re: Anambra, Key To Industrial Revolution - Aganga by DidierKing: 5:05am On Jul 19, 2012
So where are those olofofo Igbo haters and El-Rufai wannabe's who stated that Anabmra has the highest rate of un-employment

First, It was the President (an unbiased Ijaw man)who alerted that Anambra is the "Brain Box" of Nigeria
http://www..com/index.php?topic=32437.0

The Statistician General of the Federation, Dr. Yemi Kale ( a Yoruba) further rebuffed El-Rufai by stating rather that Anambra is - as a matter of fact one of the leading states in terms of employment. This was backed by another high ranking Federal Government Official, Minister & Chairman of National Planning Commission in the person of Dr. Shamsuddeen Usman (an Hausa)
http://www.thisdaylive.com/articles/el-rufai-was-wrong-on-anambra-says-fg/119220/

Today,as if it is now a competition, another unbiased Yoruba man - The Minister of Trade and Investment, Mr Olusegun Aganga, revealed that Anambra state holds the key to industrial revolution in Nigeria and has the highest number of small and medium scale enterprises
http://odili.net/news/source/2012/jul/18/607.html

.......even a blind man knows that Nigeria without Anambra is like the World without China

3 Likes

Re: Anambra, Key To Industrial Revolution - Aganga by DidierKing: 5:15am On Jul 19, 2012
Ndata:

And where is that Abagworo that was arguing in another thread that Aba has the highest.

Wao! never new Anambra State has higher Medium and Low Scale Entrepreneurs than Lagos State
Re: Anambra, Key To Industrial Revolution - Aganga by Obiagu1(m): 5:21am On Jul 19, 2012
Didier King:

Wao! never new Anambra State has higher Medium and Low Scale Entrepreneurs than Lagos State

Most of Made in Nigeria cables, autoparts, plastics, roofing sheets and paints come from Anambra. Lagos is mostly large scale industries.

1 Like

Re: Anambra, Key To Industrial Revolution - Aganga by DidierKing: 5:26am On Jul 19, 2012
Obiagu1:

Most of Made in Nigeria cables, autoparts, plastics, roofing sheets and paints come from Anambra. Lagos is mostly large scale industries.

Thx for the info... wasn't really aware. Where do these industries have the highest concentration?
Re: Anambra, Key To Industrial Revolution - Aganga by Obiagu1(m): 5:34am On Jul 19, 2012
Didier King:

Thx for the info... wasn't really aware. Where do these industries have the highest concentration?

Autoparts are mostly in Nnewi, the rest are in Onitsha.
Re: Anambra, Key To Industrial Revolution - Aganga by DidierKing: 5:42am On Jul 19, 2012
@ Obiagu1: Just being curious. Where do they get the raw materials from?
Re: Anambra, Key To Industrial Revolution - Aganga by okosodo: 7:25am On Jul 19, 2012
i now believe
Re: Anambra, Key To Industrial Revolution - Aganga by Nobody: 7:37am On Jul 19, 2012
Didier King: @ Obiagu1: Just being curious. Where do they get the raw materials from?

raw material! Nigeria dont have raw material again?
those guys are too productive!
Re: Anambra, Key To Industrial Revolution - Aganga by Abagworo(m): 8:32am On Jul 19, 2012
Ndata:

Did he actually argue? Never mentioned State and enterprises but town and industries. I think they differ. Even many of the industries in Aba, Otta or Lagos is owned by Anambra indigenes , so I wasn't implying none of your insinuations. sad
Ndata:

Did he actually argue? Never mentioned State and enterprises but town and industries. I think they differ. Even many of the industries in Aba, Otta or Lagos is owned by Anambra indigenes , so I wasn't implying none of your insinuations.
Re: Anambra, Key To Industrial Revolution - Aganga by Yeske2(m): 8:37am On Jul 19, 2012
Didn't even know Anambra has the highest. number of SME in Nigeria, so proud.
Re: Anambra, Key To Industrial Revolution - Aganga by asha80(m): 8:48am On Jul 19, 2012
i think what anambra is lacking is large scale industries.
Re: Anambra, Key To Industrial Revolution - Aganga by Euroclydon(m): 11:41am On Jul 19, 2012
This is what we should be encouraging in Naija cos we can do better than most foreign nations think,especially with govt backing us in making our market internationally acclaimed. Lets build Naija together and not tear ourselves apart.Welcome development.
Re: Anambra, Key To Industrial Revolution - Aganga by Ndata(m): 12:06pm On Jul 19, 2012
I'm wondering why a thread like this hasn't made it to the front page.When industrialization of the country is one of the main target of GEJ administration.
Re: Anambra, Key To Industrial Revolution - Aganga by Yeske2(m): 12:22pm On Jul 19, 2012
Front page please
Re: Anambra, Key To Industrial Revolution - Aganga by kasiem(m): 1:30pm On Jul 19, 2012
Yeske!:
Front page please
for where? U wan make people praise obi(an igbo governor)? They're hiding any potential igbo governor that'll stand their yoruba counterparts in presidential race. The thread about t.a orji didn't waste time before it got to front page cos they want the world to know igbos with negativity.
Re: Anambra, Key To Industrial Revolution - Aganga by bashr8: 1:46pm On Jul 19, 2012
asha 80: i think what anambra is lacking is large scale industries.
anambra is not lacking in large scale industries , its is second after lagos in that aspect .

Re: Anambra, Key To Industrial Revolution - Aganga by bashr8: 2:04pm On Jul 19, 2012
i wonder why this wont make front page but an old thread about abia makes front page
Re: Anambra, Key To Industrial Revolution - Aganga by kasiem(m): 2:08pm On Jul 19, 2012
bashr8: i wonder why this wont make front page but an old thread about abia makes front page
they will ban u oo if keep making this request.
Re: Anambra, Key To Industrial Revolution - Aganga by chino11(m): 2:26pm On Jul 19, 2012
^

Kasie nwannemu kedu ije? Longest time, biko kedu when your coming to Awka to jolly with me nah? grin

Anambra is tha new destination now, GEJ is visiting Anambra on 30th to commission Orient Petroleum and formally endorse and enlist us into the league of oil producing states.
Re: Anambra, Key To Industrial Revolution - Aganga by buzor(m): 5:52pm On Jul 19, 2012
front page pls.
Re: Anambra, Key To Industrial Revolution - Aganga by buzor(m): 6:24pm On Jul 19, 2012
we re still waitin...front page pls
Re: Anambra, Key To Industrial Revolution - Aganga by EzeCanada: 6:42pm On Jul 19, 2012
If this does not get front page we are going to enforce a boycott. Period
Re: Anambra, Key To Industrial Revolution - Aganga by Obiagu1(m): 7:35pm On Jul 19, 2012
What's so special about front page?
Re: Anambra, Key To Industrial Revolution - Aganga by Nobody: 8:03pm On Jul 19, 2012
Re: Anambra, Key To Industrial Revolution - Aganga by Nobody: 8:04pm On Jul 19, 2012
EzeCanada: If this does not get front page we are going to enforce a boycott. Period
we need an Igbocentric forum.forget nl.
Re: Anambra, Key To Industrial Revolution - Aganga by Yeske2(m): 8:06pm On Jul 19, 2012
^^^
FACT
Re: Anambra, Key To Industrial Revolution - Aganga by redsquare(m): 8:51pm On Jul 19, 2012
Front page ke? Seun and his bigoted moderators would never place such topic on the front page. If it is a thread that potrays SE/SS in the bad light, it would appear on the front page just a few minutes after it is created. Bloody hypocrites.
Re: Anambra, Key To Industrial Revolution - Aganga by kasiem(m): 8:58pm On Jul 19, 2012
chino11: ^

Kasie nwannemu kedu ije? Longest time, biko kedu when your coming to Awka to jolly with me nah? grin

Anambra is tha new destination now, GEJ is visiting Anambra on 30th to commission Orient Petroleum and formally endorse and enlist us into the league of oil producing states.
nwanna, otegokwa nno, how we go take meet cos i dey igbariam nah? Maybe, i go enta awka on that 30th.
Re: Anambra, Key To Industrial Revolution - Aganga by duke4ever: 10:42pm On Jul 19, 2012
chino11: ^

nwanne chino, there is something I need to verify from you. Pls do drop your email here. My number is 08057134981. Thanks!
Re: Anambra, Key To Industrial Revolution - Aganga by YorubaOmoge: 10:45pm On Jul 19, 2012
lol so this is when a Yoruba man's words matter?

(1) (2) (Reply)

PDP Split: Progressive Governors Forum Congratulates Breakaway PDP Governors / Poll Result: Jonathan's Rating Soars Despite PDP Trouble / Enugu-bamenda Corridor(fed.road Project That Links Nigeria-cameron.(by-wb&afdb)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.