Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,146 members, 7,811,235 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 07:14 AM

Life Of A Nigerian Hustler In Picture - Travel (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Life Of A Nigerian Hustler In Picture (31979 Views)

Diary Of An Ibadan Hustler In Lagos / Which Of These European Countries Is Good To Live In As Hustler/jjc / Null (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Life Of A Nigerian Hustler In Picture by Skywalker5(m): 4:48pm On Jul 20, 2012
AjanleKoko:

How can you disagree with something you don't know about? You're not British upper class, are you? tongue

And to the second comment. Your complaint reads like righteous indignation. 3 people earning under 100k is still above Nigeria's minimum wage. Or is the minimum wage meant for animals? Someone's got to earn it.

Plus, don't shoot the messenger. I didn't determine the going rate. The market did. Don't hate the player, bro, hate the game!

I guess you know more about British upper class. right? undecided
Re: Life Of A Nigerian Hustler In Picture by purplekayc(m): 5:14pm On Jul 20, 2012
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Life Of A Nigerian Hustler In Picture by iiiyyyk(m): 11:23pm On Jul 20, 2012
afam4eva:
That's Nigerias for you. people do what they can't do in their country in other countries because they see the white man as a superior being.

you are very wrong. many whites do cleaning and security jobs. over there the is dignity in labour. with that cleaning job people pay their bills, feed their self, assist in their edu, and even save to send home.
how many cleaners in naija that can pay rent and feed from it.

so kunle is just a smart guy rather than become a political tout, kidnapper,thiefetc

1 Like

Re: Life Of A Nigerian Hustler In Picture by chucky234(m): 11:27pm On Jul 20, 2012
grandstar: Immigrants always do the jobs that locals refuse to do. Thats the trend worldwide.

Nigerians are not excluded.
Just wondering if Europeans and Americans always do the jobs we reject in Naija... Hmmm am still wondering
Re: Life Of A Nigerian Hustler In Picture by MacLovington(m): 8:03am On Jul 21, 2012
naijababe:

grin grin grin grin grin grin You want to 'wunjure'me with your post. Bros, the income bracket for the upper middle class is what I stated earlier, people with those kinda digs as in your post are rich people and I agree rich people don't wash their cars or carry their own luggage.

My sister, even some with that kind of money do take London bus and live a simple live! A celebrity Lord, academic and tv presenter, often on TV, goes to town doing window shopping like anybody else.
I was going to cinema with my missus one day when I saw him with an umbrella, window shopping and carrying a shopping bag. His in-law was my course mate at Uni and I happen know to him apart from seeing him on TV. I said to my lady " that's Lord......." but we were in a hurry so couldn't go and say hello. Now this gentleman lives in swanky Hampstead where Babagida and others have mansions.

A Nobel Prize winner (now late) in my uni used to take that old London bus like molue to and from office. He was by no means a poor man.
In advanced societies, many rich people have no need to display wealth unnecessarily.
Re: Life Of A Nigerian Hustler In Picture by Sheguama: 12:46pm On Jul 21, 2012
[ebamma]a cleaner in the uk earns an estimate of 40,000 pounds to 70,000 pounds a year,which in naira is between 10 million to 17.5 million naira.many bankers in Nigeria dont earn upto that.

See ya mouth.
Re: Life Of A Nigerian Hustler In Picture by AjanleKoko: 2:47am On Jul 22, 2012
MacLovington: .

My sister, even some with that kind of money do take London bus and live a simple live! A celebrity Lord, academic and tv presenter, often on TV, goes to town doing window shopping like anybody else.
I was going to cinema with my missus one day when I saw him with an umbrella, window shopping and carrying a shopping bag. His in-law was my course mate at Uni and I happen to him apart from seeing him on TV. I said to my lady " that's Lord......." that we were in a hurry so couldn't go and say hello. Now this gentleman lives in swanky Hampstead where Babagida and others have mansions.

A Nobel Prize winner (now late) in my uni used to take that old London bus like molue to and from office. He was by no means a poor man.
In advanced societies, many rich people have no need to display wealth unnecessarily.

I'm sure that Lord has a butler and retinue of staff at home (or at his various residences) wink
Use of public transportation in London, in my limited view, is not a good measure of status. Virtually everybody who commutes in that City use public transportation on occasion. That's unlike Nigeria (Lagos in particular) where there is no decent public transportation to speak of. With the exception of the private cab companies that now operate in Lagos and a few other cities, the public transportation has been nothing short of dehumanizing, and you might even run a risk to life (one chance etc). I'm sure if that celebrity Lord or the Nobel Laureate spent time in Nigeria, he'd dare not take molue grin
Re: Life Of A Nigerian Hustler In Picture by kobikwelu(m): 3:36am On Jul 22, 2012
yet again..there are most half-truths in this thread...

i am speaking from a point of view of someone living in america..

whites do those so-called slavery jobs... whites clean toilets, sweep and so on...infact the reason why you guys think only africans/mexican do such jobs is because the average african that gets to the US is without his/her papers and are forced to start with menial labour and they out hostle the locals(thats why most americans dey vex say foreigners dey take their job)...
the minimum wage hovers at about approx 7-8usd phr!!!

at a 40 hr minimum per week (excluding overtime) thats approx 300usd per week approx 45,000 naira shocked
most guys say bills are that high, i say you look for roommates to mitigate the effect of those bills.. and in the end, you'll find your self sending 100usd weekly to your mum back home in naija(if you are the responsible type)i have seen friends do this ....
when these guys get their papers, they leave their menial jobs and look for something better; in the same vein linking up their friends to get the same menial jobs just to survive.

so you guys see why most peeps prefer to come here in search for a better life
Re: Life Of A Nigerian Hustler In Picture by LoveKing(m): 8:08am On Jul 22, 2012
kobikwelu: yet again..there are most half-truths in this thread...

i am speaking from a point of view of someone living in america..

whites do those so-called slavery jobs... whites clean toilets, sweep and so on...infact the reason why you guys think only africans/mexican do such jobs is because the average african that gets to the US is without his/her papers and are forced to start with menial labour and they out hostle the locals(thats why most americans dey vex say foreigners dey take their job)...
the minimum wage hovers at about approx 7-8usd phr!!!

at a 40 hr minimum per week (excluding overtime) thats approx 300usd per week approx 45,000 naira shocked
most guys say bills are that high, i say you look for roommates to mitigate the effect of those bills.. and in the end, you'll find your self sending 100usd weekly to your mum back home in naija(if you are the responsible type)i have seen friends do this ....
when these guys get their papers, they leave their menial jobs and look for something better; in the same vein linking up their friends to get the same menial jobs just to survive.

so you guys see why most peeps prefer to come here in search for a better life

this is true bro.

it all depends on each one of us, how we use our strengths. there is no stereotypes in this case, because anyone can make it anywhere.
Re: Life Of A Nigerian Hustler In Picture by kildran: 4:36am On Jul 23, 2012
@ ajanlekoko
Sir, would like to connect with you. How can we connect sir? Sir, u seem to have links and insight in the Nigerian market. I need your help with getting a job in naija. I worked as an analyst in an energy tading firm in the U.K for 2 years,and I am a CFA level 3 candidate. I have two masters, one from the U.K. (engineerng), and th other from the U.S. Finance. Bros, but forget all of that what I truly have to say is that I am hardworking! I am also a fast learner. Please help out. my contacts are arbitrageng@yahoo.com. Phone number is +14158865007. Thanks.
Re: Life Of A Nigerian Hustler In Picture by AjanleKoko: 8:33am On Jul 23, 2012
kildran: @ ajanlekoko
Sir, would like to connect with you. How can we connect sir? Sir, u seem to have links and insight in the Nigerian market. I need your help with getting a job in naija. I worked as an analyst in an energy tading firm in the U.K for 2 years,and I am a CFA level 3 candidate. I have two masters, one from the U.K. (engineerng), and th other from the U.S. Finance. Bros, but forget all of that what I truly have to say is that I am hardworking! I am also a fast learner. Please help out. my contacts are arbitrageng@yahoo.com. Phone number is +14158865007. Thanks.

You can send a PM wink
But there are people on the Career section of Nairaland that can help. You can post on any of the investment banking threads. Thanks.
Re: Life Of A Nigerian Hustler In Picture by boyendowed(m): 10:20pm On Jul 24, 2012
ebamma: a cleaner in the uk earns an estimate of 40,000 pounds to 70,000 pounds a year,which in naira is between 10 million to 17.5 million naira.many bankers in Nigeria dont earn upto that.

I think 10,000 pounds to 12,000 pounds a year is a more realistic estimate.This is why many of these cleaners have two jobs
Re: Life Of A Nigerian Hustler In Picture by boyendowed(m): 10:28pm On Jul 24, 2012
Fhemmmy:

If Nigerian employers will pay same amount of money to people, and give them same environment, and conditions with respect, i am sure "some" Nigerians will prefer to work there.

"Some" Nigerians will be more worried about their friends walking in on them while sweeping
Re: Life Of A Nigerian Hustler In Picture by kobikwelu(m): 1:51am On Jul 25, 2012
^^^^

lmaoooo
Re: Life Of A Nigerian Hustler In Picture by DexterousOne(m): 12:30am On Jul 12, 2016
chucky234:
We too much for Naija,the life of a hustler in picture.

So what is the point of this?

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

A Lone Nigerian Stopped A Police Vehicle While He Was Controlling Traffic. / "Young People Who Chartered Plane Chose To Disembark With Ladder"-AeroContractor / Check Out Throwback Pix Of Nigeria Airways, Lagos To New York For Less Than N18K

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.