Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,234 members, 7,818,783 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 03:09 AM

Rashidi Yekini Immortalized By Kwara State Government - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Rashidi Yekini Immortalized By Kwara State Government (8420 Views)

Weeds Overtake Rashidi Yekini’s House (Photos) / Rashidi Yekini: Forgotten In Nigeria, Remembered In Portugal (PHOTO) / Rashidi Yekini Is Dead? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Rashidi Yekini Immortalized By Kwara State Government by miteolu(m): 8:47am On Jul 19, 2012
The Late Super Eagles striker, Rashidi Yekinni was yesterday immortalized by the Kwara state government, Alhaji Abdulfatah Ahmed

Futhermore, the former governor of the state, Late Alhaji Mohammed Alabi was also immortalized.

The decision was taken at the state executive council meeting.

The SSG,Alhaji Isiaka Gold flanked by commissioner for information and home affairs,Prince Tunji Moronfoye and Commissioner for sports Barrister Kayode Towoju said this at a post exco press briefing yesterday.

The State Commissioner for Sports and Youths development, Mr. Kayode Towoju told journalists that, the Ilorin Golf Club was named after late former governor Lawal while the, CBN- Ola-Olu road was named after late Rasidi Yekinni.

Towoju added that, during the life time of Late former governor, Lawal used his wealth to develop the Golf development across the nation and Kwara in particular.

He added that, apart from this, late Alhaji Lawal has also sponsored many people in the state for Golf competition which according to him has brought a lot of laurels to the state.

On the part of Late Yekinni's contributions to the football development in the nation, Towoju said that, the late striker has done the nation proud and his home state, Kwara that called for the immortalisation.

He said that, this contributions has gone a long way of putting the state in the world map.
Towoju therefore assured the people of the state of government commitment towards rewarding any body that had worked for the socio economic development of the state.

http://www.nigerianeye.com/2012/07/rashidi-yekini-immortalized-by-kwara.html
Re: Rashidi Yekini Immortalized By Kwara State Government by tribalism(m): 9:56pm On Jul 19, 2012
forgotten alive recognized at death. such things happen in insane societies. RUBBISH! RUBBISH!! RUBBISH!!!

7 Likes

Re: Rashidi Yekini Immortalized By Kwara State Government by Jarus(m): 10:00pm On Jul 19, 2012
Good one. I'm particularly impressed with the Lawal immortalization by a PDP government he fought.

1 Like

Re: Rashidi Yekini Immortalized By Kwara State Government by Nobody: 10:02pm On Jul 19, 2012
Kudos from the kwara state govt! At least its better than the retardo's wife who hasn't done anything for nigeria yet a road is named after her!

2 Likes

Re: Rashidi Yekini Immortalized By Kwara State Government by tosin2012: 10:08pm On Jul 19, 2012
It a good thing to honour the past heros. Kudus to Kwara state government.[b][/b][color=#006600][/color]
Re: Rashidi Yekini Immortalized By Kwara State Government by wellmax(m): 10:09pm On Jul 19, 2012
You want to be honored by the Nigerian government? Die first.

3 Likes

Re: Rashidi Yekini Immortalized By Kwara State Government by DICKtator: 10:13pm On Jul 19, 2012
Medicine after death!!> The usual thing!!!

2 Likes

Re: Rashidi Yekini Immortalized By Kwara State Government by safariman(m): 10:17pm On Jul 19, 2012
Honouring him by naming a golf course and a street after his death? All these should have been done when he was still alive

1 Like

Re: Rashidi Yekini Immortalized By Kwara State Government by supranodyahoo(m): 10:24pm On Jul 19, 2012
[i][/i][color=#770077][/color]this is unfair. Y must it b now d@ the state would wanna remember there's some 1 called rashidi yekini. D@s d greatest problem Nigeria has as a country, we don't fancy d workz of citizenz like rashidi bt only concerned abt them when det die. Yeye people...................
Re: Rashidi Yekini Immortalized By Kwara State Government by legendsilver(m): 10:30pm On Jul 19, 2012
berem: Kudos from the kwara state govt! At least its better than the retardo's wife who hasn't done anything for nigeria yet a road is named after her!

Abi, stil lafin grin
Re: Rashidi Yekini Immortalized By Kwara State Government by Nobody: 10:33pm On Jul 19, 2012
That's my State! cool
Re: Rashidi Yekini Immortalized By Kwara State Government by akpunku1: 10:34pm On Jul 19, 2012
where was the state govt when he was down and depressed? Where were they when is lost it to insanity? Where were they the day he was abducted by force by undisclosed 'relations'. I'v lost hope in this institution called Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Rashidi Yekini Immortalized By Kwara State Government by Forzap: 10:36pm On Jul 19, 2012
wellmax: You want to be honured by Nigerian government? Die first.

LOL
Re: Rashidi Yekini Immortalized By Kwara State Government by okamal(m): 10:36pm On Jul 19, 2012
Hmmmmm.... Rashid yekini is more than just named a road afta him. What NFF and kwara state promised us was to name Kwara stadium 'RASHIDI YEKINI STADIUM'. I think their plan is to reserve that stadium name 4 BABA SARAKI afta he pass on. Just hold dis on ur left hand

2 Likes

Re: Rashidi Yekini Immortalized By Kwara State Government by DisGuy: 10:50pm On Jul 19, 2012
akpu nku: where was the state govt when he was down and depressed? Where were they when is lost it to insanity? Where were they the day he was abducted by force by undisclosed 'relations'. I'v lost hope in this institution called Nigeria.

is it that the job of the state government? to be spying on a grown man living in another state or chasing his family up and down?

1 Like

Re: Rashidi Yekini Immortalized By Kwara State Government by ebamma(m): 10:50pm On Jul 19, 2012
tribalism: forgotten alive recognized at death. such things happen in insane societies. RUBBISH! RUBBISH!! RUBBISH!!!
what were u expecting the government to do for him when he was alive,when he had already made enough money from his playing career,sometimes we overhype a man's achievements simply because he is dead.
Re: Rashidi Yekini Immortalized By Kwara State Government by DisGuy: 10:52pm On Jul 19, 2012
He added that, apart from this, late Alhaji Lawal has also sponsored many people in the state for Golf competition which according to him has brought a lot of laurels to the state.

laurels wey no get value, kpanda!
Re: Rashidi Yekini Immortalized By Kwara State Government by akpunku1: 10:55pm On Jul 19, 2012
Dis Guy:

is the the job of the state government? to be spying on a grown man living in another state or chasing his family up and down?

Rashidi Yekini was a senior citizen, tell me which credible government will allow a man of his statue to walk the streets insane... Or dont he have social rights?
Re: Rashidi Yekini Immortalized By Kwara State Government by Adagba1: 10:56pm On Jul 19, 2012
Dis Guy:

is the the job of the state government? to be spying on a grown man living in another state or chasing his family up and down?
I like that
Re: Rashidi Yekini Immortalized By Kwara State Government by DisGuy: 11:07pm On Jul 19, 2012
akpu nku:

Rashidi Yekini was a senior citizen, tell me which credible government will allow a man of his statue to walk the streets insane... Or dont he have social rights?

up until his death, if you told me Yekini was from Ilorin/Kwara state, I wouldn't believe you one bit! i have always associated him with Ibadan/Oyo state
secondly where did you SEE him walk about the streets insane? which doctor diagnosed him as insane? being a recluse doesn't translate to insanity, this was someone widely reported before/after his death to driving his own car and regularly training alone: insane people don't follow such routine!!

1 Like

Re: Rashidi Yekini Immortalized By Kwara State Government by chucky234(m): 11:09pm On Jul 19, 2012
WHY NOW?
Re: Rashidi Yekini Immortalized By Kwara State Government by pomporiking: 11:51pm On Jul 19, 2012
RUBBISH!!!!!!na dat one d guy family go chop..dey abandoned him wen he was alive
Re: Rashidi Yekini Immortalized By Kwara State Government by dasparrow: 12:28am On Jul 20, 2012
@Post

Talk about giving the man his roses when he can no longer smell them. Mtshew!
Re: Rashidi Yekini Immortalized By Kwara State Government by KOLOMISIY(f): 1:03am On Jul 20, 2012
Just D̶̲̥̅̊ε̲̣̣̣̥γ̲̣̣̥ watch
Re: Rashidi Yekini Immortalized By Kwara State Government by Sagytarius(m): 1:05am On Jul 20, 2012
tribalism: forgotten alive recognized at death. such things happen in insane societies. RUBBISH! RUBBISH!! RUBBISH!!!
It baffles me either
Re: Rashidi Yekini Immortalized By Kwara State Government by str8talk1: 1:06am On Jul 20, 2012
Ok by me,in contrast 2 d mundane madness datz pervading our elected politicians who seek 4 immortalization while in office. Now,tell me,wat has Patience Jonathan done as a nationalist 2 hv a street/road named after her. Dis is d height of irresponsibility/unseriousness exhibited by dis Zoo Doctor's administratn who shld b more dispose 2 reforming dis contraption called Nigeria. Hw can u transform an entity whn it has not bn reformed(reorganised) for transformation(progress).
Re: Rashidi Yekini Immortalized By Kwara State Government by Murphy7h4: 1:16am On Jul 20, 2012
Thanks for sharing.
Re: Rashidi Yekini Immortalized By Kwara State Government by Butoneday2(m): 4:26am On Jul 20, 2012
Speechless! Speechless!! Speechless!!!
Re: Rashidi Yekini Immortalized By Kwara State Government by DammyFx: 4:45am On Jul 20, 2012
Well Surely Not A Bad Idea
Re: Rashidi Yekini Immortalized By Kwara State Government by waja(m): 5:55am On Jul 20, 2012
What we need now is to prepare for our own departure day becos His today is our tommorow. As far as I'm concern, there is no connection btw the dead and the living. Who knows how much they have embezzled in the name of immortalization.
Re: Rashidi Yekini Immortalized By Kwara State Government by Bodmas06: 6:27am On Jul 20, 2012
Well half of bread is beta than none.is not a bad idea.
Re: Rashidi Yekini Immortalized By Kwara State Government by Exponental(m): 6:53am On Jul 20, 2012
Who says nigeria govt dont honor?
They only honor those in govt (and political colleagues) by giving out exhubitant contract that may not be executed.
Govt of d govt by d govt 2 d govt tongue

(1) (2) (Reply)

Blessing Okagbare Wins 100M In Monaco Diamond League / Reward Me Here On Earth! Obuh Demands Coaches Be Honored While They Live / World Cup: Japan Vs Poland - 0 - 1 (Full Time)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.