Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,194 members, 7,822,030 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 02:38 AM

How Corrupt Is The Efcc? - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / How Corrupt Is The Efcc? (5040 Views)

Godswill Akpabio Returns Home After His Invitation By The EFCC / On A Scale Of 0-10 How Corrupt Is Nigeria / How Corrupt Is Nigeria? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Corrupt Is The Efcc? by folahann(m): 5:32pm On Dec 11, 2007
shocked shocked shocked
Re: How Corrupt Is The Efcc? by Afam(m): 6:36pm On Dec 11, 2007
TerrySoft:

One thing that surprises me is how an average Nigerian thinks. I'm sorry for those who advise you to go take some peanus and walk away.

What is the guy even looking for? Compensation or what?

Did the company fail to pay him the agreed wages?

If yes, he has a case.

If no, he does not have one.
Re: How Corrupt Is The Efcc? by denowo(m): 7:23pm On Dec 11, 2007
I believe you wont be making so much noise if they had offered you enough money to live on the fast lane

It is common practice to be paid far lower than the client is paying your employers for your services, my oyinbo friends works for one of the big consultancy company here in the UK and his salary is about £80,000 per annum but the client pays £2018 per day for his services, i would leave you to do the sums yourself. So no criime has been committed if they pay you N110k for every N800k they receive,afterall you agreed to the contract.

In all things confidentiality is important,you might succeed in taking them to court but no employer wants a disloyal staff.

The importance of the certificate is determined by the employer,it wasnt until about 4 years ago that it became compulsory for all central govt finance directors to be chartered accountants and and i know a lot of them with over 25 yrs experience who are not chartered and they are very good.
Re: How Corrupt Is The Efcc? by Kobojunkie: 7:46pm On Dec 11, 2007
denowo:

I believe you wont be making so much noise if they had offered you enough money to live on the fast lane

It is common practice to be paid far lower than the client is paying your employers for your services, my oyinbo friends works for one of the big consultancy company here in the UK and his salary is about £80,000 per annum but the client pays £2018 per day for his services, i would leave you to do the sums yourself. So no criime has been committed if they pay you N110k for every N800k they receive,afterall you agreed to the contract.

In all things confidentiality is important,you might succeed in taking them to court but no employer wants a disloyal staff.

The importance of the certificate is determined by the employer,it wasnt until about 4 years ago that it became compulsory for all central govt finance directors to be chartered accountants and and i know a lot of them with over 25 years experience who are not chartered and they are very good.

I think you would do better to re-read the posters information below about his situation and get a clearer picture of what he is trying to do and at the same time fight for. Now I do not propose to know his ultimate motive but I do believe it is best to approach the post from what the poster has spelled out and not assumptions that may not be based on actual factuals. grin

Maybe, I need to throw more light on this. There is existing a public-private partnership aggreement to manage jointly, the Operations Division of the Water Board by my former employers and the Water Board. The private partner (Ortech) provides KEY critical staff in the partnership who are paid from the commonwealth. Then, members of the partnership (Ortech and Waterboard) would share the profit accrueing from the sales of water at an aggreed percentage, after deduction of cost of business. All cost incurred in the course of executing the partnership are submitted at the end of the month by the two partners to the Partnership Committee for vetting and reimbursement from the commonwealth. Now does one partner have the right to submit and claim stuff like air fares, hotel accomodation, staff development and training, medical, etc when no such facilities are enjoyed by any staff, and they actually get paid?

How on earth would one white man (stylishly called expertraite) with a maximum qualification of Primary School Certificate and Certificate in Welding obtained after 2 weeks of training in a UK auto-shop be employed to work in Nigeria as Manager and be paid the USD equivalent of N4 million a month, is paid exactly the same, lives in a free house, is entitled to 4 flights back and forth any part of the world per annum (he actually gets this) while the qualified Nigerian Engineer on an invoiced salary of N800,000 per month, takes home N110,000 physically?

What, if a National Diploma Certificate holder is employed to occupy the slot of a graduate engineer, is made to work and function in that capacity, is paid salary as a Diploma technician while the invoice reads ENGINEER with with 20 times the value he is paid?

What if your company supplies Pentium II used computers to the organization in your state in place of NEW Pentium 4 systems, issues invoices to the partnership as if they were new, and gets paid amounts that are completely far from the possible cost of such systems? And the systems are never used for a day because they were not good in the first place? What if you discover that invoices are forged, staff signatures are forged with the intention to drain money from the system and repatraite same abroad?

Everyone,
The reason for making the 'disgruntled' noises is not for the heck of it. The invoices that are sent by these guys are added to an already huge internal debt owed by the state govt to them. Now, the project itself is funded by a World Bank loan facility. Loans are loans, and must be repaid no matter how long it takes. And, if international development partners give loan to Africa, and their brothers come back here, siphon the money and walk away, how and who will repay the loan? These are issue that prick my conscience. As I said in the initial post, am an IT person, meaning that it was very easy to get on with my life. But, all the parties involved in the fraud sorrounding that project are in my opinion, culpable. I started the fight from within before I was laid off. I shall continue the little struggle. I am only looking for alternative ways and ideas from NLanders.

On the EFCC:
The matter was reported. An operative actually visited to make initial contacts. He was convinced that there is massive fraud within the system. An agent (Senior Advocate of Nigeria) was appointed by the accused 'stakeholders' to liaise with him and find the best way to 'settle' the matter. They met in Calabar twice. Met in Abuja many times too. The matter had a life of its own. We were following. Suddenly, a lull set in. The files vanished. The agent was not picking calls again. Stalemate!

Who has a clue?

Re: How Corrupt Is The Efcc? by denowo(m): 9:34pm On Dec 11, 2007
I have not assumed, i have only based my comments on the information provided,which of my comments are not factuals?, i would like to clarify
Re: How Corrupt Is The Efcc? by Kobojunkie: 9:42pm On Dec 11, 2007
Re: How Corrupt Is The Efcc? by Depilot(m): 9:52pm On Dec 11, 2007
since corruption is what is mainly killing most african countries i think efcc you be an african organization. i mean it should be something like UN just for the african countries to oversee all government activities and boycot corruption from every level.
since the control of this efcc will be centralized, i think this organization will function better this way and many african countries will also benefit.
corruption is giving birth to babies every single day in africa.
Re: How Corrupt Is The Efcc? by damidgreat(m): 11:05am On Dec 12, 2007
time will tell.time is the secret weapon that forces everything to reveal their true nature. cheesy
Re: How Corrupt Is The Efcc? by celemel(m): 3:57pm On Dec 12, 2007
I guess I respect everybody's opinion in this forum, even when I may not agree with a lot of them. Some guys have refused bluntly to understand the reason for my 'fight'. I have pointed it out severally that this matter has nothing to do with my person. I lead a modest comfortable live. No doubt about that. Any guy in IT who knows his onions would tell you that there is plenty to look out for, in the field out there, especially in Nigeria. No doubts!

But, I feel we cannot continue to keep silent and allow a few gluttons feed fat on our common patrimony. We must each do the little we can individually, to cause a change. It is my conviction (and I may be wrong in the eyes of many others, no apologies) that the entire system that sustains the contraption called PPP in the organization in question is designed solely to make a few 'white' men and their Nigerian collaborators, milk us dry and take a walk, while generation unborn bear the consequence of the greed. And, since I have access to the sordid details of this pot-of-mess, I came here to seek for advices on how best to call them to order or worse of all, curtail them.

It however seems that we Nigerians have found comfort-zone in swallowing these bitter pills and coloring any dissent, bad just because we cannot 'rock the boat'. Question: For how long shall we wallow in that mindset? The update I have however is that I have caused the financiers of the project (the World Bank) to start looking into the books hoping that they would not also be compromised.

We all must rise to defend this nation, not through armchair criticism but through concrete physical actions. We have no other country than this that we can call our own. Point!
Re: How Corrupt Is The Efcc? by Kobojunkie: 4:22pm On Dec 12, 2007
celemel:

I guess I respect everybody's opinion in this forum, even when I may not agree with a lot of them. Some guys have refused bluntly to understand the reason for my 'fight'. I have pointed it out severally that this matter has nothing to do with my person. I lead a modest comfortable live. No doubt about that. Any guy in IT who knows his onions would tell you that there is plenty to look out for, in the field out there, especially in Nigeria. No doubts!

But, I feel we cannot continue to keep silent and allow a few gluttons feed fat on our common patrimony. We must each do the little we can individually, to cause a change. It is my conviction (and I may be wrong in the eyes of many others, no apologies) that the entire system that sustains the contraption called PPP in the organization in question is designed solely to make a few 'white' men and their Nigerian collaborators, milk us dry and take a walk, while generation unborn bear the consequence of the greed. And, since I have access to the sordid details of this pot-of-mess, I came here to seek for advices on how best to call them to order or worse of all, curtail them.

It however seems that we Nigerians have found comfort-zone in swallowing these bitter pills and coloring any dissent, bad just because we cannot 'rock the boat'. Question: For how long shall we wallow in that mindset? The update I have however is that I have caused the financiers of the project (the World Bank) to start looking into the books hoping that they would not also be compromised.
We all must rise to defend this nation, not through armchair criticism but through concrete physical actions. We have no other country than this that we can call our own. Point!

I am going to guess that you do not live in Nigeria full time, huh?? I mean you actually KNOWING that there is a prevalent mindset in Nigeria such as the one you pointed out there?? Do you live in Nigeria or are you just kidding us here??
Re: How Corrupt Is The Efcc? by Afam(m): 4:44pm On Dec 12, 2007
@celemel,

In one simple sentence please state your case against your former employer.

That way it will be easy to talk about.

For now, your case will easily be dismissed as a case being brought forward by a disgruntled employee (disengaged). This may seem harsh but my dear this is the reality.

If you have the details of what constitutes fraud, fine but again it must be fraud before it can be established as fraud.

Giving an invoice for the your salary (by your employer) that is higher than what you are paid does not constitute fraud, just get this fact straight.

The issue of white men and higher pay is one that you cannot do anything about because those that put these schemes in place have a way of helping their own people.

Next time when you hear that Nigeria don't need aid from any of these foreign bodies or nations you will pay attention because close to 40% in some cases of the money earmarked for any project goes back to the so called aid givers in administering the project.

If you think you have a strong case, good luck but what you have put down thus far will not fly any day.

Take care and good luck.
Re: How Corrupt Is The Efcc? by celemel(m): 9:46am On Dec 13, 2007
Afam,
If my findings and allegations dont fly after investigation, then goodluck to them. I've made my case. Its up to the agencies of the state to investigate. If am a disgruntled former employee, so what? If your employer forges your signature to obtain money behind you, is that ok? If an organization double-invoices the state, and does not pay tax, is that ok? I dont need to repeat these. If an agency bribes state officials to corner contracts, and bribes government agencies to hide the dark side, is it ok? If an agency, set up by the state to enforce law and order compromises its credibility and actually obstructs the cause for which it was set up, is it ok?

I made an allegation. It is up to the agency responsible for investigating such matters to do their own part. THAT IS HOW CIVILIZED societies are run. Enron went down due to some misdeamenour of its management. Siemens is under global scrutiny now for similar reasons. If the EFCC (or some of its operatives) cannot do their work, we have a duty to force them to so do. After all, am a tax-payer and I guess, you are too.
Re: How Corrupt Is The Efcc? by Afam(m): 1:06pm On Dec 13, 2007
@celemel,

Thanks for your post.

Did your employee forge your signature? If true then you have something against them.

I am with you on the Enron and Siemens stuff but you must make a case that is clear cut otherwise everything you say will be seen as someone who wants to get back at a former employer and then sentiments will mess up what you believe you have against them.
Re: How Corrupt Is The Efcc? by MP007(m): 1:08pm On Dec 13, 2007
DEM' done told u wrong, am surprised
Re: How Corrupt Is The Efcc? by akara(m): 10:10am On Dec 25, 2007
@poster

you seem to forget that this is Nigeria as much as we might try to make positive changes.
I for one do no believe EFCC operatives and executives to be angels.
Re: How Corrupt Is The Efcc? by vigasimple(m): 1:25pm On Dec 25, 2007
To the Poster,

I have few observations.

1. Not everybody in the EFCC will do what they are suppossed to do and therefore like Judas among the 12 disciples of Jesus christ, there would be Judas Iscariot among EFCC.

me, personally no matter what anybody says that EFCC is a generally good organisation with majority good people obviosly there will be some few exceptional bad people.

I will suggest you write to RIBADU and complain of people who are going to soil the good names of EFCC especially case of missing files which may be indications of dodgy operatives. And tell him RIBADU that you will copy all the Newsmedia if he did not get to the root of the matter.

TO EVERYBODY ELSE.

Even this start as a employer-employee relationship, it actually shows the gradual rape and defrauding of the nation so it has public interest element to it so it is not just that about the guy pay or lack of it. The company is simply a Fraud vehicle to defraud both the water board, Nigeria govt and the world bank and say about we Africans we can run anything without massive fraud.

TO KOBOJUNKIE AND AFAM

I agree fully with Kobojunkie, NEPA and Power in Nigeria is so simple that a 10 year old can fix it. The reason we are having problem is that there are well established interest group who are sabotaging what will benefit the majority of Nigerians. One of them, the cabals was recoginsed by Yar Adua- read PUNCH of 9th December 2007. and in my research there are many more including politicians themselves.

Only a dum person will say Power problem is so complicated rather than the people who doesn't want it to work. Look at it from this way, You get your generator and put petrol, does it work or not. That is how simple electricity generation is.

Every Fraud on Nigeria affects the quality of our lives so we should start mind transformation within and not compromise or say that it is how it work in Nigeria, and that we can do nothing about it.

At minimum we should continue to condem evil doers and report to as many people as possible. Take for example there will be internal investigators at EFCC (like CID within CID) so that bad eggs among them can be floush out.

FINALLY ON THE QUESTION WHETHER EFCC IS CORRUPT I DON'T AGREE WITH THE POSTER, THERE ARE IS VERY LIMITED EVIDENCE TO SUPPORT THAT THEY ARE CORRUPT BUT WE SHOULD KEEP OUR EYES OPEN SO THAT THEY DON'T BECOME CORRUPT. THERE ARE AND WILL ALWAYS BE FEW BAD EGGS.
Re: How Corrupt Is The Efcc? by ono(m): 11:27pm On Dec 25, 2007
@Viga,
So, we can safely say that you don't quite agree that the EFCC is corrupt. But there is the possibility that there might be some corrupt people in there, perpetrating corrupt practices.

Now, if a system created to fight corruption and corrupt practices in the country cannot fish out corrupt people in its rank and file, how do you think that system will be effective enough to fight corruption in a country like ours? Why should anyone believe in the efficacy of their investigations and actions?

This celemel guy case is just one out of several other cases out there that we don't even hear of. Maybe because it's not the ''high'' profile case that will catch gullible peoples attention. . . . .you know, the type that Sahara reporters don't publish. That maybe why.

As for me, I don't believe in the EFCC and their investigations. And I think the organisation is a ''political machine'' - set up to persecute/punish baba OBJ's ''enemies'' even in this current political dispensation - take it or drop it.
Re: How Corrupt Is The Efcc? by coolkaboom(m): 10:40am On Dec 28, 2007
u r truly a courageous fellow.soldier on and follow the matter to its logical conclusion.u hav huge balls and should be applauded 4 what u r doing.never allow the negative posts here to deter.

but i think d focus of d query has shifted from d real culprits.by focusing on efcc, ur former employers r seemingly off d hook.we all know that they r not all saints in efcc but why stop there.we still have the senate and house of assembly.why not drag d matter to d court of public opinion, the very vibrant press.this cannot be allowed to continue.knowing what u now do,that my friend would be the biggest crime.
Re: How Corrupt Is The Efcc? by coolkaboom(m): 10:44am On Dec 28, 2007
u r truly a courageous fellow.soldier on and follow the matter to its logical conclusion.u hav huge balls and should be applauded 4 what u r doing.never allow the negative posts here to deter.

but i  think d focus of d query has shifted from d real culprits.by focusing on efcc, ur former employers r seemingly off d hook.we all know that they r not all saints in efcc but why stop there.we still have the senate and house of assembly.why not drag d matter to d court of public opinion, the very vibrant press.this cannot be allowed to continue.knowing what u now do,that my friend would be the biggest crime.
Re: How Corrupt Is The Efcc? by celemel(m): 8:53am On Dec 31, 2007
@CoolKaboom,
thanks for your words of encouragement.  I am waitng for the festivities of xmas and new year to end.  I'll never relent on this course until all persons connected, are brought to book.  Its been several months already, but justice is sweet when served cold.  I guess, with the reorganization going on in the EFCC, the matter would soon be ressurected.
Re: How Corrupt Is The Efcc? by otokx(m): 9:41am On Dec 31, 2007
@ celemel

i think you should self employ yourself and get on with your life; your story is not very convincing.
Re: How Corrupt Is The Efcc? by linuxuser(m): 2:08pm On Dec 31, 2007
celemel,

You are nothing but a disgruntled element that does not know your right from your left. If everybody that have problems with their employers/contracts will be assiststed by efcc, then they will spent the rest of their lives investigating cases like yours. I suspect you are one of the sponsored idiots trying to use this forum to get attention and discredit EFCC/Ribadu. What a shame on you, your sponsors and your colaborators. Please keep quite and talk about meaningful things that will Nigeria better.

I am definitely sure that if just for illustration they put you to do Ribadu's job for a minute, you will tuen ou to be a millionaire within the twingle of an eye. Your comments displays indiscipline and corruption all over you. In your life time you will never be able to achieve what Ribadu achieved so far at EFCC. I have met Senior Police Officers who worked with Ribadu and all of them, I mean all of them confirmed that Ribadu is such an exceptional Officer. Can the people in your own village attest to your integrity? Can your wife if you are married vouch for your integrity? Can your best friend attest to your integrity? Can your Church/Mousque people attest to your integrity? Can your employer attest to your integrity? I doubt it. I work as a contractor and also employ contractor so i know what it is to either work for people or to employ people. I am sure the contract job you got was never on merit p[erhaps you were introduced by a god-father. Is that life? is that honesty? is that not corruption?

Please allow us to rest.
Re: How Corrupt Is The Efcc? by celemel(m): 8:22pm On Dec 31, 2007
@Linuxuser,
I hate to talk personally. Inasmuch as we all have the right to ventilate our views on a forum such as this, I find it completely irresponsible that you could use such vitriolic oozes of venom to attack my person simply because we hold different opinions about the same subject - corruption. It amounts to descending to intellectual gutter if I should respond by calling you names too. If you have a contrary opinion to mine, bring it up and lets look at the merit or otherwise of your point. I shall not in anyway be dragged into any unnecessary empty arguements here on the matter of EFCC and the Nigerian nation. We all have a stake in Nigeria. No man has the benefit of dictating what viewpoint I should hold or what I shouldn't talk about. I pose the following salient questions to you.
1. What happened to the petition sent by Orji Ozor Kalu (a corrupt politician) to the EFCC over the N200million naira he personally handed to OBJ for the PDP campaign in 1999?
2. What has been the reaction of the EFCC to the multi-billion Naira Presidential Library fraud perpetrated by OBJ during his time in office?
3. What is the outcome of EFCC's investigations into the Bells university scandal with respect to OBJ?
4. Where did Nuhu Ribadu raise the money he used in acquiring the properties he has in Abuja?
5. What happened to the PTDF investigation? Who was indicted? Who was given a clean bill of health?
6. What happened in the petroleum ministry under OBJ?
7. What happened to the Olabode George embezzlement investigation?
8. Where is the petition in respect of the Cross River State Water Board Limited?
9. What happened to the Andy Uba money-for-farm-tools saga?
10. What happened to the investigation into the third-term money-for-votes saga?

There are many questions begging for answers. Institutions are not built around individuals lest, they collapse. EFCC is made of many staff who toil day and night to prosecute the anti-corrption war, and many others who labour to make plenty of money from the war. We cannot equate EFCC with NUHU RIBADU and vice cersa. Ok?
Re: How Corrupt Is The Efcc? by ono(m): 8:35pm On Dec 31, 2007
celemel:

1. What happened to the petition sent by Orji Ozor Kalu (a corrupt politician) to the EFCC over the N200million naira he personally handed to OBJ for the PDP campaign in 1999?
2. What has been the reaction of the EFCC to the multi-billion Naira Presidential Library fraud perpetrated by OBJ during his time in office?
3. What is the outcome of EFCC's investigations into the Bells university scandal with respect to OBJ?
4. Where did Nuhu Ribadu raise the money he used in acquiring the properties he has in Abuja?
5. What happened to the PTDF investigation? Who was indicted? Who was given a clean bill of health?
6. What happened in the petroleum ministry under OBJ?
7. What happened to the Olabode George embezzlement investigation?
8. Where is the petition in respect of the Cross River State Water Board Limited?
9. What happened to the Andy Uba money-for-farm-tools saga?
10. What happened to the investigation into the third-term money-for-votes saga?

There are many questions begging for answers. Institutions are not built around individuals lest, they collapse. EFCC is made of many staff who toil day and night to prosecute the anti-corrption war, and many others who labour to make plenty of money from the war. We cannot equate EFCC with NUHU RIBADU and vice cersa. Ok?

All of the ''whats'' I've ever wanted to compose against the EFCC. Great work, Celemel.
Re: How Corrupt Is The Efcc? by linuxuser(m): 8:40pm On Dec 31, 2007
celemel,
I agree with your point that this forum should not be an avenue to disrespect anyone simply because we hold different views. I did not write what I wrote because I want to disrespect you or your views. Even at home I have different views with my wife regarding many things. She supports Man U while I support Arsenal so respecting people view is a way of life and I buy to that with all my heart. I did not agree though that when we have issues in our private live either with our employer as in your case to raise a thread to say derogatory things about people that are serving us simply because they did not buy into our own ideas. I apologise if you feel offended but I stand by my point that its not the responsibility of Ribadu to be investigatings issues like yours.

I see the point you are making about all the petitions to EFCC. Personally, I do not have a regard for anyone, be it IBB, OBJ, Ribadu or whosoever that have no integrity particularly as it affects the masses of Nigeria. Ribadu as far I know is a worthy and a Police Officer with high degree of integrity. He has done his best for Nigeria and we can all see the evidence. People living in Nigeria may not appreciate what this guy has done but by priviledge I live outside Nigeria and I know what the fight against corruption championed by Ribadu has done. Every body will not agree with me and I respect their opinions.
Re: How Corrupt Is The Efcc? by brownbonno(m): 9:13pm On Dec 31, 2007
I am proud to be a Nigeria,but i refused to be misled by the usual Naija gimmicks.
Celemel,i am actually disappointed that you where waiting for EFCC to fight for you to get a better Salary or settle your employment dispute.You earlier mentioned the efforts of your attorney on the issue.But common sense should have told you,that,if you where actually having a case.Nothing stops your lawyers from going to court.
You decided to petitioned the EFCC because your employer did not include in the money sharing click.
If you ever have the opportunity to stay outside of Nigeria,that is when you will appreciate the work of EFCC.
Re: How Corrupt Is The Efcc? by celemel(m): 9:55pm On Dec 31, 2007
I guess most persons didnt take time to read through my first 2 posts on the thread, else they would understand the point. I never wanted EFCC to fight for me; if I did, I'd have accepted the attempts of the organization to offer me bribe and walk away after all, I had nothing to lose. My point is, a petition was sent to EFCC to probe the activities of an organization. An operative was detailed to come, he then was induced with money to stall the investigation, and the matter died. Thats simple. The EFCC has been compromised from within. It needs cleansing, Simple!
Re: How Corrupt Is The Efcc? by wiseguy(m): 11:39pm On Dec 31, 2007
I don't understand why some pple will not take few minutes to go thru posts before jabbering on their keyboard. This guy's post is simple, clear and understandable. Whether he is doing it because he was laid off is not the issue. That he is a supposedly disgruntled employee does not sweep the alleged case of fraud under the rug.

What is important is that he has facts to prove that fraud was committed, he did the right thing to report to the EFCC and EFCC, the last time i checked, has the mandate to investigate and prosecute all economic and financial crimes pepertrated against the state and not only the ones perpetrated by Atiku, Kalu and other politicians. Also, that the case file of the matter got missing in EFCC's custody is another serious issue and shows that there is an underhand manouvering that went on.

In this era of transparency and accountability, it is absurd that some pple will be championing the theory of "letting sleeping dogs lie". And tomorrow we all will assemble in nairaland to cast aspersions on our leaders. If we have nothing to advise the poster, we rather not post anything.

@celemel,
Like some other pple have said, assemble your facts and pursue this issue to a logical conclusion.
You need to give out the information you have. I am an IT professional like you and I believe you know your onions and so i do not need to tell you the way to go.

The media is your greatest weapon. There are so many journalists looking for hot stories that will get them their desired promotion. Infact, journalists will take the fight from you and do a thorough investigation than you've done and if it's a good case, believe me they will blow it to high heavens.
Re: How Corrupt Is The Efcc? by brownbonno(m): 3:20pm On Jan 01, 2008
Brothers,
If you a have case go to the Court.IT professional or a journalist cannot guarantee your rights or seek redress for you.
There is no need hiding behind your screen to fight injustice.Its so simple to go to court.
Re: How Corrupt Is The Efcc? by Aleksys: 3:55pm On Jan 01, 2008
Celmel
There are some points in your statement that deserves betterclarification. First you said you hired a lawyer to advocate for you, what is the lawyer doing when things are not working as it should. This protest you are mounting should have been done by your lawyer in the court of law. There is one thing that I noticed in this new dispensation, the judiciary has proved to be at the fore front of championing the cause of the downtroden. What was your lawyer doing that he did not institute a civil suit. If you have a good case, the court should have been the appropriate theater to play out the whole script for the whole world to see.
You cannot mix your personal grudge against your employer with your assumed corruption or illegalit(ies) going on in your office. Employee/employer dispute is better handled by industrial arbitration panel or the law court. EFCC to the best of my knowledge is not the appropriate office to handle your case. I rest my case.
Re: How Corrupt Is The Efcc? by Kobojunkie: 4:19pm On Jan 01, 2008
wiseguy:

I don't understand why some people will not take few minutes to go through posts before jabbering on their keyboard. This guy's post is simple, clear and understandable. Whether he is doing it because he was laid off is not the issue. That he is a supposedly disgruntled employee does not sweep the alleged case of fraud under the rug.

What is important is that he has facts to prove that fraud was committed, he did the right thing to report to the EFCC and EFCC, the last time i checked, has the mandate to investigate and prosecute all economic and financial crimes pepertrated against the state and not only the ones perpetrated by Atiku, Kalu and other politicians. Also, that the case file of the matter got missing in EFCC's custody is another serious issue and shows that there is an underhand manouvering that went on.

In this era of transparency and accountability, it is absurd that some people will be championing the theory of "letting sleeping dogs lie". And tomorrow we all will assemble in nairaland to cast aspersions on our leaders. If we have nothing to advise the poster, we rather not post anything.

@celemel,
Like some other people have said, assemble your facts and pursue this issue to a logical conclusion.
You need to give out the information you have. I am an IT professional like you and I believe you know your onions and so i do not need to tell you the way to go.

The media is your greatest weapon. There are so many journalists looking for hot stories that will get them their desired promotion. Infact, journalists will take the fight from you and do a thorough investigation than you've done and if it's a good case, believe me they will blow it to high heavens.

I agree with wiseguy here. No matter what the final outcome will be for your case, I believe cases like this are important in a country like Nigeria.

Get all you can in evidence for your side, and make it public so people can know more of what may be going on behind closed doors and what the case is really about. I mean this fight against corruption is not only for the government to handle but individuals need to understand they have a responsibility in this and need to speak up when they see it or anything remotely similar happening and get the right agencies working to reveal the truth.
Re: How Corrupt Is The Efcc? by celemel(m): 4:32pm On Jan 01, 2008
There are two parts to the story, if u read between d lines.  My lawyer handles my own personal affairs (and I cannot discuss it here on the forum because that would be subjudice).  Then, there is massive pilfering and siphoning of money using several fronts within the organization. This is perpetrated by the so-called private-partner (expartraite organization) in collusion with our own brothers and sisters.  Mind u, the water board is a public utility organization funded by govt through international loans.  This leg of the matter is a financial crime against the state, not me.  So, the agency of state that has d responsibility to investigate such crimes and prosecute offenders is the EFCC among others.  As a patriot and a stakeholder in the Nigerian project (at least, I pay N13000 income tax monthly), I guess I have a duty to expose and report any crime against the state wherever I see one, and the agency that gets such a report must act on it.  There lies my case.  Please make out time to read my posts on this thread so that you may be guided as I don't intend to keep repeating the story.    We all must be up in arms to fight this corrption battle.  There's a drop of RIBADU in every man/woman.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Obasanjo: PDP Can Dislodge ACN In Lagos / “I Won’t Insult Buhari, Instead I Quit” – PDP Chair Mu’azu To Jonathan Campaign / EFCC Boss Has Just Dropped Another Blunder

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 120
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.