Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,482 members, 7,812,490 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 02:11 PM

SON Raids Two Markets In FCT And Nasarawa - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / SON Raids Two Markets In FCT And Nasarawa (3751 Views)

Lagos Assembly Orders Relocation Of Mile 12 And Owode Markets / Top 20 Biggest And Busiest Markets In Nigeria / Non-Ghanaian Retailers Ordered To Leave Ghana Markets In 30 Days (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

SON Raids Two Markets In FCT And Nasarawa by mukina2: 10:32am On Jul 21, 2012
As part of efforts to rid the nation of fake and sub-standard products, the Standards Organisation of Nigeria (SON) stormed two major markets in Abuja and Nasarawa State to seize fake products.

The Head of Administration and Human Capital of the organisation, Mr. Paul Angya who led the exercise said the raid became imperative following the refusal of traders to stop selling fake and sub-standard goods.

The exercise which caught traders at Abuja International Building Materials Market and Mararaba Building Materials Market in Nasarawa state unaware saw the organisation sealing off some shops stocked with fake and sub-standard products

Officials of the enforcement team of the organisation were accompanied by police officers when they stormed the Abuja International Building Materials Market in Dei-Dei, a satellite town in the Federal Capital Territory with the mission to rid the market of fake and sub-standard goods.

The raid however witnessed a minor resistance as one of the traders challenged the team for carrying out the exercise but he was promptly arrested.

With the arrest of one of the traders, officials of the organisation proceeded to seal some shops found to be stocking fake products but this brought about mixed reactions from some of the traders.

The Head of the enforcement team of the organization, who doubles as the Director, Administration and Human Capital, Paul Angya, however said that traders have no excuse to stock fake products having been given two weeks’ notice to clear the markets of such products.

A similar exercise was also carried out at neighboring Mararaba Building materials market in Nasarawa state where some fake products were seized.

The SON promised to make the exercise a regular one across the nation, so as to stop persons who specialize in stocking fake products from circulating substandard products.

http://www.channelstv.com/home/2012/07/20/son-raids-two-markets-in-fct-and-nasar
Re: SON Raids Two Markets In FCT And Nasarawa by BabaEleko(m): 4:16pm On Jul 21, 2012
First lol
Re: SON Raids Two Markets In FCT And Nasarawa by BabaEleko(m): 4:16pm On Jul 21, 2012
First lol. God catch them
Re: SON Raids Two Markets In FCT And Nasarawa by marvel10: 4:17pm On Jul 21, 2012
It would be proactive if SON can stop the goods from entering the market. That said, more grease to their elbows. They shouldn't warn people but turn up unannounced.
Re: SON Raids Two Markets In FCT And Nasarawa by Nobody: 4:20pm On Jul 21, 2012
Its not enough to seal shops, they should face jail terms.
Re: SON Raids Two Markets In FCT And Nasarawa by jude33084(m): 4:22pm On Jul 21, 2012
If SON can do τ̲̣̣̥н̣̣̣̝̇̇̇i§̤̥̈̊ wetin PAPA go do?

2 Likes

Re: SON Raids Two Markets In FCT And Nasarawa by Ndata(m): 4:26pm On Jul 21, 2012
I guess these goods were not manufactured in Nigeria but rather imported.So will SON say there was no inspection of these goods at the ports.Is it a case of you need to settle us here.The one settled at the port didn't reach us.
Re: SON Raids Two Markets In FCT And Nasarawa by ebamma(m): 4:35pm On Jul 21, 2012
we don hear am before,next topic please.
Re: SON Raids Two Markets In FCT And Nasarawa by Nobody: 4:41pm On Jul 21, 2012
Seize them,seal their shops,burn em fake products...i don't knw the differenc between them and BH. Thier's is a subtle way of killing i guess
Re: SON Raids Two Markets In FCT And Nasarawa by Nobody: 4:58pm On Jul 21, 2012
Ok! U deserve a big round of applause! Well done my SON!
Re: SON Raids Two Markets In FCT And Nasarawa by bashr8: 5:05pm On Jul 21, 2012
when will SON storm national assembly, police stations, NYSC,phcn,water coperation,presidency , governors office etc

1 Like

Re: SON Raids Two Markets In FCT And Nasarawa by tonyx4x44(m): 5:14pm On Jul 21, 2012
marvel10: It would be proactive if SON can stop the goods from entering the market. That said, more grease to their elbows. They shouldn't warn people but turn up unannounced.
Re: SON Raids Two Markets In FCT And Nasarawa by mekaboy(m): 5:17pm On Jul 21, 2012
EVERY AGENCY SEEKING WAYS TO RAISE MONEY AND EAT BRIBE, IS THAT WHERE THEY SHOULD GO TO STOP THE SALE OF FAKE PRODUCTS? LET THEM GO TO THE PORT AND WORK WITH CUSTOMS TO ARREST THE IMPORTERS. ITS THE SMALL TRADERS THAT THEY FEEL THEY CAN BULLY, WHY DONT THEY ARREST IMPORTERS ?
Re: SON Raids Two Markets In FCT And Nasarawa by adisarasaq(m): 5:53pm On Jul 21, 2012
mekaboy: EVERY AGENCY SEEKING WAYS TO RAISE MONEY AND EAT BRIBE, IS THAT WHERE THEY SHOULD GO TO STOP THE SALE OF FAKE PRODUCTS? LET THEM GO TO THE PORT AND WORK WITH CUSTOMS TO ARREST THE IMPORTERS. ITS THE SMALL TRADERS THAT THEY FEEL THEY CAN BULLY, WHY DONT THEY ARREST IMPORTERS ?

Market is the best place for SON to work successfuly. I work at the Port and i know how Importers bribe their way out.
Re: SON Raids Two Markets In FCT And Nasarawa by Nobody: 6:35pm On Jul 21, 2012
Standard Organisation of Nigeria. Why do i have this funny feeling that these people were out to make money out of innocent traders? What are the criterias to diffrentiate standard from substandard goods? What efforts have they made to sensitize traders on the substandard or fake goods? How do fake goods manage to enter our borders undetected? I'm not defending these people but i will never condemn them until i've gotten enough facts about these so called fake goods.
Re: SON Raids Two Markets In FCT And Nasarawa by Azidogen2: 7:03pm On Jul 21, 2012
They were lucky the boko boyz did not attack them with bombs.
Re: SON Raids Two Markets In FCT And Nasarawa by Nobody: 7:07pm On Jul 21, 2012
grin shocked SON dat is inferior is closing down inferior goods matchwwwwwwww grin hausa pipl and fake tinz, only dia boko haram bombs are standard according to SON grin
Re: SON Raids Two Markets In FCT And Nasarawa by adisarasaq(m): 7:31pm On Jul 21, 2012
maryjames9: What are the criterias to diffrentiate standard from substandard goods?
S.O.N have representative in all the main country that we (Nigerian) import from, before you import any product you must go to their rep with intended product for certification. If your product is of the required standard you pay some fee and certificate will be given. When your product get to the port you have to present your certificate for clearance. Done
Re: SON Raids Two Markets In FCT And Nasarawa by Nobody: 8:20pm On Jul 21, 2012
bashr8: when will SON storm national assembly, police stations, NYSC,phcn,water coperation,presidency , governors office etc
to do what if i may ask?what has SON(standard organization of Nigeria)got to do in the above places?
Re: SON Raids Two Markets In FCT And Nasarawa by hustleafam: 9:14pm On Jul 21, 2012
if SON likes they can raid a million times, as long as there is a influx of sub substandard products into the ports, their work will be in vain. after-all isn't it their mandate to make sure what enters the country is standard, yet nigeria in a MIGHTY dumping ground.
Re: SON Raids Two Markets In FCT And Nasarawa by Nobody: 9:26am On Jul 22, 2012
Why raiding building materials shops? why not check the source of importation of those so-called fake products.

i guess some peeps at SON want to build some flats with free building materials! undecided undecided

(1) (Reply)

7 Ways To Make Money Online (2022) / NSDC Hails BUA Foods On Contributions Towards Development Of Sugar Sector / Rivers State To Spend 188 Million Euros On Ph Mono-rail

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.