Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,235 members, 7,818,789 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 03:34 AM

University Of Ibadan 2012/2013 Admission Continua - Education (231) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / University Of Ibadan 2012/2013 Admission Continua (293582 Views)

The Polytechnic, Ibadan 2012/2013 Admissions. ND/HND / Federal University Of Agriculture,abeokuta (funaab) 2012/2013 Admission Thread / University Of Ibadan 2012/2013 Admission (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (228) (229) (230) (231) (232) (233) (234) ... (269) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: University Of Ibadan 2012/2013 Admission Continua by Sleekprince(m): 10:21am On Jan 08, 2013
Larryking201: Pls pals, I want 2 go 4 Geology n I don't knw d subject 2 register in jamb. Also I want 2 choose U.I as my 2nd choice here is my O'level: Maths A1, Eng B2, Phy B2, Chem C4, Bio C4, Geog A1, F/Maths A1, Econs B3, Yor B3. Wat can I score in jamb dat I will b call 4 der putme?
bro am in 4 geology. I did maths, eng, phy, chem for my jamb. Guy if you fit get pass 240, ya mind go be @ rest gud luck
Re: University Of Ibadan 2012/2013 Admission Continua by gochee: 11:09am On Jan 08, 2013
ProfJosh: Kai..... Its no big deal sha...lets start prayin to God for more money oooo
.. Ehen.. Wen God ansas.. U'l take care ov ma feeding on mondayz kiss
Re: University Of Ibadan 2012/2013 Admission Continua by gochee: 11:14am On Jan 08, 2013
Lilly001: NO TUITION, ACCOMMODATION FEES INCREASE
IN
UI FOR NOW---VC University of Ibadan (UI)
Vice-
Chancellor, Prof. Isaac Folorunso Adewole has
assured the students and parents that his
administration was not planning to increase
either
tuition or accommodation fees for this
session, but
will regulate the consumption rate of
electricity in
all hostels in the institution.
To this end, the university has banned the use
of
hot plates, boiling rings and other electric
cooking
gadgets which are common among the
students,
promising to put in place efficient kitchenette
that
will make cooking decent and cost effective.
Speaking at the stakeholders’ forum,
comprising
student union leaders, management team and
other interest groups in preparation for the
2012/2013 session, Prof. Adewole disclosed
that
contrary to the speculation that the university
was
planning to heavily increase payable fees, the
school will still experiment with the idea of
cutting
cost by regulating the use of electricity in the
hostels which is really draining the financial
strength of the university.
“We spend over N400million to maintain the
hostels every year, whereas the total amount
we
realize in collecting tuition fees is N144million.
We
can all see that the university has really been
subsidizing the use of hostels by the students.
We
cannot continue this way as the money
coming
into the university is not enough to cater for
all the
needs. For this session, we shall experiment
with
cutting down the cost by regulating how you
(students) use electric power, but by next
session,
I don’t know what may happen”, he said.
Prof. Adewole who seriously warned the
students to
be prudent in using the resources in the
university
noted that the electricity bill drastically
reduced
during holiday, but added “the moment the
students resume, the bill quadruple, because
the
students use all manner of electric gadgets
including hot plates and boiling to cook
beans”
The VC who reviewed his two-year
performance in
office declared that his administration has not
done
badly at all because “we have been able to
deliver
on most of the promises including workers’
welfare,
stable electricity, renovation and rejuvenation
of
infrastructure, clean environment, restoration
of
student unionism among other achievements,
saying parents can now check the result of
their
children on-line”
He said, “My administration has also been able
to
computerize most of our activities on campus
such
as allocation of room and bed space which is
done
on-line. All fresh students are automatically
given
accommodation on-line because they are new
to
the environment, just as we have significantly
improved the learning conditions of our
students
with a view to making life more comfortable
for
them” Responding, the student union
President,
Mr. Raymond Edosa who thanked the VC for
his
relentless efforts aimed at improving the
learning
condition pointed out that Prof. Adewole was
one of
the most accessible Vice-Chancellor s in
Nigeria with
his phone number that is in the public
domains
and his Facebook account through which the
students interact with him and the kind of
positive
response they get” Mr. Edosa urged Prof.
Adewole
led management team to continue to be
students’
friendly pointing out that the condition of
many
students on campus is pitiable, “it is only a
kind of
consideration we are getting under this
administration that can ameliorate their
learning
condition”.
.. Ehen?.. Huz goin 2 search me...coz m bringin boiling ring and Iron oh!
Re: University Of Ibadan 2012/2013 Admission Continua by folagbade23(m): 11:28am On Jan 08, 2013
Pls friends I have maths B2,eng B3,bio B3,chem C4,phy C5, pls what should I score in my utme in order Τ̲̅ȍ be sure of admission for medicine or microbiology..... Tanx
Re: University Of Ibadan 2012/2013 Admission Continua by folagbade23(m): 11:31am On Jan 08, 2013
And what must be my utme score range in order Τ̲̅ȍ get an invitation for post utme in those two courses
Re: University Of Ibadan 2012/2013 Admission Continua by Easykel21(m): 11:35am On Jan 08, 2013
gochee: .. Ehen?.. Huz goin 2 search me...coz m bringin boiling ring and Iron oh!
YƐS ♡... MƐ 2 ♡♡♡
Re: University Of Ibadan 2012/2013 Admission Continua by malikidi(m): 11:43am On Jan 08, 2013
I got my pin at wema bank and tru wit al necessary tinz even wit d submission of my jamb reg.numba instead of my matric number@jossy tanx for d encouragement(cos i almost faintd)...secondly,to all in sultan bello,as at nw d hostel is under lock n key.so we are askd to come on friday for our clearance,also it is pastd at d gate of hall dat only block A is meant 4 fresherz.....if u r my hallmate just add me up on 2go at malikidi1.i dy blockA rum31.....UP UITES,UP BELLITES
Re: University Of Ibadan 2012/2013 Admission Continua by Nobody: 12:14pm On Jan 08, 2013
Bealuv,i sight u o.. Hope u got my msg yestrday on 2go?
Re: University Of Ibadan 2012/2013 Admission Continua by bealuv(f): 12:14pm On Jan 08, 2013
planned goin on thursday b4....n afriday sure pass 4me now....ha anoda long 24hours....God help us.

jossy hope all hostels would be opened by friday ooooo
Re: University Of Ibadan 2012/2013 Admission Continua by bealuv(f): 12:15pm On Jan 08, 2013
Omo Daddy354: Bealuv,i sight u o.. Hope u got my msg yestrday on 2go?
i ddnt ooo....my fone wen toff b4 i was able to read it
Re: University Of Ibadan 2012/2013 Admission Continua by DuBooVay(f): 12:16pm On Jan 08, 2013
UI approve my application ooo.. Dnt wna hear story wen I come on friday oo
Re: University Of Ibadan 2012/2013 Admission Continua by daceo1(m): 12:28pm On Jan 08, 2013
malikidi: I got my pin at wema bank and tru wit al necessary tinz even wit d submission of my jamb reg.numba instead of my matric number@jossy tanx for d encouragement(cos i almost faintd)...secondly,to all in sultan bello,as at nw d hostel is under lock n key.so we are askd to come on friday for our clearance,also it is pastd at d gate of hall dat only block A is meant 4 fresherz.....if u r my hallmate just add me up on 2go at malikidi1.i dy blockA rum31.....UP UITES,UP BELLITES
... Hall mate moi wadup? R u at ib?
Re: University Of Ibadan 2012/2013 Admission Continua by daceo1(m): 12:47pm On Jan 08, 2013
Omo Daddy354: Bealuv,i sight u o.. Hope u got my msg yestrday on 2go?
hv u hepd her nw? Hmmm madam racheal?
Re: University Of Ibadan 2012/2013 Admission Continua by Davidblaze95(m): 12:48pm On Jan 08, 2013
Wia al dese zikites dey na? abi ah b d only one ni? anywayz as 4 me e b lyk say na monday ah go show 4 skew. cuz ah no wan hear nonsense. ma hauz dey far 4rm skew. dose goin on friday plz kip us informd oo. GREATEST UITES.
Re: University Of Ibadan 2012/2013 Admission Continua by Jossy4luv1(m): 12:51pm On Jan 08, 2013
bealuv: planned goin on thursday b4....n afriday sure pass 4me now....ha anoda long 24hours....God help us.

it will be opened on friday no doubt about it ma
Re: University Of Ibadan 2012/2013 Admission Continua by Jossy4luv1(m): 12:52pm On Jan 08, 2013
bealuv: planned goin on thursday b4....n afriday sure pass 4me now....ha anoda long 24hours....God help us.

Re: University Of Ibadan 2012/2013 Admission Continua by daceo1(m): 12:53pm On Jan 08, 2013
folagbade23: Pls friends I have maths B2,eng B3,bio B3,chem C4,phy C5, pls what should I score in my utme in order Τ̲̅ȍ be sure of admission for medicine or microbiology..... Tanx
bros 2 much quest jxt wok hard and score wel above 240
Re: University Of Ibadan 2012/2013 Admission Continua by Jossy4luv1(m): 1:37pm On Jan 08, 2013
@LIZHOLUPHUMY & ODAS CONCERNED..PLS U ARE 2 COME 2 UI 2MOROW..U ARE 2 WRITE A LETTER OF COMPLAINT 2 D DIRECTOR OF MIS UNIT..U CAN BRING HIGHER EDUCATION SHEET..U ARE 2 BRING A PHOTOCOPY OF D AUTHORITY 2 PAY COS U WILL ATTACH IT 2 D LETTER..I'M IN UI SINCE MONDAY AND BY GOD'S GRACE I WILL B THERE 2MOROW.IF U HAVE ANY QUE U WANT 2 ASK TOWARDS HW 2 GO ABOUT IT,U CAN CALL ME..=DIS INFO CONCERNS THOSE DAT ONLY SEE EITHER MATRIC NO OR HALL...IF U HAVNT BIN GIVEN ANY IT DOESNT CONCERN U,U DNT HAV ANY PROBLEM..TANX
Re: University Of Ibadan 2012/2013 Admission Continua by bealuv(f): 2:25pm On Jan 08, 2013
Jossy4luv1: @LIZHOLUPHUMY & ODAS CONCERNED..PLS U ARE 2 COME 2 UI 2MOROW..U ARE 2 WRITE A LETTER OF COMPLAINT 2 D DIRECTOR OF MIS UNIT..U CAN BRING HIGHER EDUCATION SHEET..U ARE 2 BRING A PHOTOCOPY OF D AUTHORITY 2 PAY COS U WILL ATTACH IT 2 D LETTER..I'M IN UI SINCE MONDAY AND BY GOD'S GRACE I WILL B THERE 2MOROW.IF U HAVE ANY QUE U WANT 2 ASK TOWARDS HW 2 GO ABOUT IT,U CAN CALL ME..=DIS INFO CONCERNS THOSE DAT ONLY SEE EITHER MATRIC NO OR HALL...IF U HAVNT BIN GIVEN ANY IT DOESNT CONCERN U,U

jossy racheal said i was tld to write to d director ov mis also buh i wont be in IB till friday......cos derz no where else i ll stay apart frm d hostel....advice oooo....
Re: University Of Ibadan 2012/2013 Admission Continua by Nobody: 3:27pm On Jan 08, 2013
bealuv:
jossy racheal said i was tld to write to d director ov mis also buh i wont be in IB till friday......cos derz no where else i ll stay apart frm d hostel....advice oooo....
Critical fix! Wish ah culd help o,bt u knw dis tin with inlaws, dnt wnt 2 cross ma boundary...lol. Bt i dnt think friday wil b 2 late dear. As some1 jst came 4 clearance ystrday gaan,dou dnt knw if they finally cleard him o
Re: University Of Ibadan 2012/2013 Admission Continua by Nobody: 3:30pm On Jan 08, 2013
da ceo1: hv u hepd her nw? Hmmm madam racheal?
Yes sir!
Re: University Of Ibadan 2012/2013 Admission Continua by Jossy4luv1(m): 3:33pm On Jan 08, 2013
bealuv:
what havent u bin given..matric no or hall of residence ma
Re: University Of Ibadan 2012/2013 Admission Continua by Blessing001(f): 3:49pm On Jan 08, 2013
Is it true dat we won't b allowd into d hall of residence without d official skul receipt?
Re: University Of Ibadan 2012/2013 Admission Continua by Fynestboi: 3:57pm On Jan 08, 2013
I think u guys wuld find these helpful
Courses : Department of Public and International Law
Course Description
COURSE DESCRIPTION AND UNITS
(a) Undergraduate Courses
Code
Course Description
Units
LAW 101
Legal Methods I
Legal Method II
LPI 201
Constitutional Law I
Constitutional Law II
LPI 203
Nigerian Legal System I
Nigerian Legal System II
LPI 204
Administrative Law I
Administrative Law II
LPI 207
Human Rights Law I
Human Rights II
LPI 209
Criminology I
Criminology II
LPI 301
Criminal Law I
Criminal Law II
LPI 307
Islamic Law I
Islamic Law II
LPI 303
Humanitarian Law I
Humanitarian Law II
LPI 401
Law of Evidence I
Law of Evidence II
LPI 403
Environmental Law I
Environmental Law II
LPI 405
Conflict of Laws I
Conflict of Laws II
LPI 407
Public International Law I
Public International Law II
LPI 501
Jurisprudence and Legal Theory I
Jurisprudence and Legal Theory II
LPI 503
Oil and Gas Law I
Oil and gas Law II
(b) Postgraduate Courses
Code
Course Description
Units
LPI 701
Law of International Institutions I
Law of International Institutions II
LPI 705
Comparative Conflict of LawsI
Comparative Conflict of LawsII
LPI 707
Comparative Criminal Law & Procedure I
Comparative Criminal Law & Procedure II
LPI 709
International Economic Law I
International Economic Law II
LPI 719
Environment and Development Law I
Environment and Development Law II
LPI 721
International Law and Practice of Human Rights I
International Law and Practice of Human Rights II
LPI 723
Cultural Property Law I
Cultural Property Law II
LPI 725
Administrative Law and Local Government I
Administrative Law and Local Government II
LPI 727
Civil Litigation I
Civil Litigation II
LPI 729
Law and Practice of Alternative Dispute Resolution I
Law and Practice of Alternative Dispute Resolution II
Law 799
Research Project
C. M.Phil; M.Phil/Ph.D and Ph.D.
There are currently 0 users and 0 guests online.Designed by ICT/MIS Unit University of Ibadan.
Re: University Of Ibadan 2012/2013 Admission Continua by Fynestboi: 3:58pm On Jan 08, 2013
100 Introduction to Philosophy
3 hours. A survey of traditional problems concerning the existence andnature of God, freedom, justification, morality, etc. Readings from historical or contemporary philosophers. Individual and Society course.
102 Introductory Logic
3 hours. Sentential logic: representation of English using truth-functional connectives, decision methods, natural deduction techniques. Introduction to predicate logic: representation of English using quantifiers. Natural World - No Lab course.
103 Introduction to Ethics
3 hours. Surveys attempts to answer central questions of ethics: What acts are right? What things are good? How do we know this? Individual and Society course.
104 Introduction to Political Philosophy
3 hours. An introductory survey of topics in political philosophy that bear on U.S. society. Readings will usually be drawn from both classical and contemporary sources. Individual and Society, and US Society course.
105 Science and Philosophy
3 hours. An exploration of central philosophical (and/orreligious) issues as they arise in the sciences. Readings include both scientific (e.g. physics or biology) and philosophical works, and maybe drawn from various periods. Natural World - No Lab course.
107 What is Art?
3 hours. Introduction to the fundamental problems in understanding art; the historical background; the concept of the aesthetic; theories of art; intentionalistic criticism; metaphor; symbolism; expression; theories of evaluation. Creative Arts course.
110 Philosophy of Love and Sex
3 hours. A philosophical inquiry into traditional and contemporary views about love and sex. Individualand Society course.
112 Morality and the Law
3 hours. What must the law do if it is to protect our rights (such as free speech, privacy, equal treatment)? Why believewe have rights? Individual and Society course.
115 Death
3 hours. Philosophical examination of our attitudestowards death. Our attitudes towards mortality and immortality; definitions of death; treating others as persons; our attitudes towards life, quality of life issues, suicide, rights of the dying. Individual and Society course.
116 Medical Ethics
3 hours. Moral issues as they arise in medical contexts, including such topics as abortion, euthanasia, paternalism, allocation of medical resources, and psychiatric issues.
120 Introduction to Ancient Philosophy
3 hours. Introduction to issues and methods of philosophy through engagement with classic Greek and Roman texts (read in translation). Same as CL 120. Individual and Society, and Past course.
122 Philosophy of Consciousness
3 hours. A philosophical investigation into the nature and importance of consciousness as discussed ina variety of sources in philosophy, literature, and psychology.
201 Theory of Knowledge
3 hours. Basic issues concerning knowledge of the external world, other minds, scientific laws, and necessary truths. Prerequisite(s) : One course in philosophy.
202 Philosophy of Psychology
3 hours. Theories and methodsof scientific psychology: modes of explaining the structure of theories, the nature of mental states; implications of commonsenseconceptions of the mind. Prerequisite(s) : One course in philosophy; or junior or senior standing in the physical, biological, or social sciences; or consent of the instructor.
203 Metaphysics
3 hours. Philosophical issues concerning free will, causation, action, mind andbody, identity over time, God, universals and particulars. Emphasis varies from term toterm. Prerequisite(s) : One course in philosophy or consent of the instructor.
204 Introduction to the Philosophy of Science
3 hours. The nature of scientific observation, explanation, and theories; confirmation of laws and theories; the relation betweenthe physical and social sciences. Prerequisite(s) : One course in philosophy; or junior or senior standing in the physical, biological, or social sciences; or consent of the instructor.
210 Symbolic Logic
3 hours. Representation of English sentences using quantifiers and identity; quantificational natural deduction; interpretations. Optional topics include naive set theory; axiomatic systems; theory of descriptions; metatheory. Prerequisite(s) : PHIL 102. Recommended background: Grade of B or better in PHIL 102. Natural World - No Lab course.
211 Inductive Logic and Decision Making
3 hours. How to gamble and make other decisions rationally. The role of probability, decision rules, and statistics in real-life contexts. Prerequisite(s) : PHIL 102 or PHIL 210.
220 Ancient Philosophy I: Plato and His Predecessors
3 hours. Introduction to Plato and his predecessors in the ancient period. Same as CL 220. It is recommended that PHIL 220/CL 220 and PHIL 221/CL 221 be taken as a sequence in successive terms. Prerequisite(s) : One course in philosophy or consent of the instructor.
221 Ancient Philosophy II: Aristotle and His Successors
3 hours. Introduction to Aristotle and his successors in the ancient period. Same as CL 221. It is recommended that PHIL 220/CL 220 and PHIL 221/CL 221 be taken as a sequence in successive terms. Prerequisite(s) : One course in philosophy or consent of the instructor.
223 History of Modern Philosophy I: Descartes and His Successors
3 hours. Introduction to Descartes and some of his successors in the early modern period. It is recommended that PHIL 223 and PHIL 224 be taken as a sequence in successive terms. Prerequisite(s) : One course in philosophy or consent of the instructor.
224 History of Modern Philosophy II: Kant and His Predecessors
3 hours. Introduction to Kant and some of his predecessors in the early modern period. It is recommended that PHIL 223 and PHIL 224 be taken as a sequence in successive terms. Prerequisite(s) : One course in philosophy or consent of the instructor.
225 Nineteenth Century Philosophy
3 hours. A survey course of the works of major nineteenth century philosophers such as: Hegel, Marx, Nietzsche, Kierkegaard, and Schopenhauer. Prerequisite(s) : One course in Philosophy or consent of the instructor. Individual and Society course.
226 Twentieth-Century Analytic Philosophy
3 hours. Historical introduction to the major issues and figures of twentieth-century philosophy in the analytic tradition. Readings from Frege, Russell,Wittgenstein, Quine, and others. Prerequisite(s) : PHIL 102 or PHIL 210 or consent of the instructor.
227 Continental Philosophy I: Phenomenology and Existentialism
3 hours. Existential themes indramas and fiction as well as selections from the works of such thinkers as Kierkegaard, Nietzsche, Husserl, Heidegger, Merleau-Ponty, Camus and Sartre. Prerequisite(s) : Junior standing or consent of the instructor.
230 Topics in Ethics and Political Philosophy
3 hours. Survey of major topics in ethical theory and political philosophy. Emphasisvaries. Prerequisite(s) : One course in philosophy or consent of the instructor. Recommended background: PHIL 103 or PHIL 109 or PHIL 112 or PHIL 116.
232 Sex Roles: Moral and Political Issues
3 hours. Philosophical inquiry into controversies surrounding the changing roles of men and women. Same as GWS 232.
234 Philosophy and Film
3 hours. A philosophical examination of film, dealing with aesthetic issues, or moral and politicalissues, or both. Screening accompanies discussion. Prerequisite(s) : One course in philosophy or consent of the instructor.
240 Philosophy and Revelation: Jewish and Christian Perspectives
3 hours. Introduction to philosophical ways of addressing the claim that a book (the Bible, the Quran) comes from God. Texts by Immanuel Kant, Moses Mendelssohn, and Soren Kierkegaard, among others. Previously listed as PHIL 141. Same as RELS 240 and JST 240. Prerequisite(s) : Two courses inphilosophy or consent of the instructor. Individual and Society, and World Cultures course.
241 Philosophy of Religion
3 hours. Philosophical inquiry into the grounds of faith and belief, the nature of religious and mystical experience, and the existence and nature of God. Prerequisite(s) : One course in philosophy or consent of the instructor.
299 Seminar
3 hours. Selected topics. May be repeated to a maximum of 6 hours. Students may register in more than one section per term. Prerequisite(s) : One course in philosophy or consent of the instructor.
300 Fundmentals of Philsophical Discourse
3 hours. An intensive course for philosophy majors aimed at introducing and developing skill in philosophical writing and oral presentation. Previously listed as PHIL 400. Prerequisite(s) : Major in philosophy; and junior standing or above or approval of the department.
310 Aristotle and the Arabs
3 hours. Traces the major topics of ancient Greek philosophy, especially those of Aristotle, and their transformation into the philosophy developed in the Arabic classical period. Same as ARAB 310 and CL 310. Prerequisite(s) : CL 221 or PHIL 221 or RELS 230.
390 Senior Thesis in Philosophy
3 hours. Students will work individually with a member of the faculty on a topic chosen by the student and approved by the faculty. Prerequisite(s) : Open only to seniors; Consent of the instructor and department.
399 Independent Study
2 TO 6 hours. Independent study, under the supervision of a staff member, of a topic not covered in the regular curriculum. Offered at the request of the student and only at the discretion of the staff members concerned. May be repeated. Students may register in more than one section per term. Prerequisite(s) : Consent of theinstructor.
401 Theory of Knowledge
3 OR 4 hours. Survey and analysis of key topics in epistemology, such as skepticism, the nature of propositional knowledge, justification, perception, memory, induction, other minds, naturalistic epistemology. 3 undergraduate hours. 4 graduate hours. Prerequisite(s) : PHIL 201 or consent of the instructor.
402 Topics in Philosophy of Mind
3 OR 4 hours. Survey and analysis of one or more topicsin philosophy of mind, such as the mind-body problem, philosophy of psychology, perception and sensation, intentional content, consciousness, and mental causation. 3 undergraduate hours; 4 graduate hours. Prerequisite(s) : PHIL 202. Recommended background: PHIL 102 or PHIL 210.
403 Metaphysics
3 OR 4 hours. Intensive treatment of one or more topics, such as free will, personal identity, causation,existence, substance and attribute, the nature of the mind. 3 undergraduate hours.4 graduate hours. Prerequisite(s) : PHIL 203 or PHIL 226 or PHIL 426 or consent of the instructor.
404 Philosophy of Science
3 OR 4 hours. Selected works on the aims and methods of science; the status of scientific theories, natural laws and theoretical entities; the nature of scientific explanation. 3 undergraduate hours. 4 graduate hours. Prerequisite(s) : PHIL 102 or PHIL 210, and one 200-level course in philosophy; or consent of the instructor.
406 Philosophy of Language
3 OR 4 hours. Intensive treatment of one or more topics, such as meaning and reference, communication, the structure of language, language and thought, and the relation of language to reality. 3 undergraduate hours. 4 graduate hours. Prerequisite(s) : PHIL 102 or one 200- or 400-level logic course or PHIL 226 or consent of the instructor.
410 Introduction to Formal Logic
3 OR 4 hours. Review of predicate logic and of introductory set theory. The concept of a formal system. Notions of completeness and soundness. Introduction to Godel's first incompleteness theorem. 3 undergraduate hours. 4 graduate hours. Prerequisite(s) : PHIL 210 or consent of the instructor.
416 Metalogic I
3 OR 4 hours. Metatheory for sentence and predicate logic. Completeness and compactness theorems and their applications. 3 undergraduate hours. 4 graduate hours. Students who have taken MATH 430 may notregister for this course. Shouldbe taken in sequence with PHIL417. Prerequisite(s) : PHIL 210 or consent of the instructor.
417 Metalogic II
3 OR 4 hours. Effective computability and recursive functions. Peano arithmetic. Arithmetization of syntax. Incompleteness and undecidability: Godel's and Church's theorems. 3 undergraduate hours. 4 graduate hours. Prerequisite(s) : PHIL 416 or consent of the instructor.
420 Plato
3 OR 4 hours. Careful reading of selected works. 3 undergraduate hours. 4 graduate hours. May be repeated up to 1 time(s) with approval. Approval to repeat course granted by the department. Prerequisite(s) : PHIL 220 or PHIL 221 or 3 courses in philosophy or consent of the instructor.
421 Aristotle
3 OR 4 hours. Careful reading of selected works. 3 undergraduate hours. 4 graduate hours. May be repeated up to 1 time(s) with approval. Approval to repeat course granted by the department. Prerequisite(s) : PHIL 220 or PHIL 221 or 3 courses in philosophy or consent of the instructor.
422 Medieval Philosophy
0 TO 4 hours. Study of selected philosophers such as Augustine, Boethius, Averroes, Maimonides, Aquinas, William of Ockham, Buridan,Suarez. 3 undergraduate hours. 4 graduate hours. Prerequisite(s) : PHIL 220 or PHIL 221 or PHIL 420 or PHIL 421 or consent of the instructor.
423 Studies in Early Modern Philosophy
3 OR 4 hours. Careful reading of selected works of one or more philosophers, 1600 to 1750, such as Descartes, Hobbes, Spinoza, Leibniz, Locke, Berkely, Hume, Reid and Rousseau. 3 undergraduate hours. 4 graduate hours. May be repeated up to 1 time(s) withapproval. Approval to repeat course granted by the department. Prerequisite(s) : PHIL 223 or PHIL 224 or 3 courses in philosophy or consent of the instructor.
424 Kant
3 OR 4 hours. Intensive study ofKant's metaphysics and theory of knowledge with main reading drawn from the Critique of Pure Reason. 3 undergraduate hours. 4 graduate hours. Prerequisite(s) : PHIL 223 or PHIL 224 or 3 courses in philosophy orconsent of the instructor.
425 Studies in Nineteenth-Century Philosophy
3 OR 4 hours. Careful reading of one or more post-Kantian philosophers such as Hegel, Schelling, Fichte, Schopenhauer, Marx, J.S. Mill, Kierkegaard, Nietzsche. 3 undergraduate hours. 4 graduate hours. Prerequisite(s) : One 200-level course in philosophy or consent of the instructor.
426 Analysis and Logical Empiricism
3 OR 4 hours. Developments in twentieth century philosophy with roots in the study of logic and language, such as logical atomism, logical empiricism, and contemporary analytic philosophy. Topics vary. 3 undergraduate hours. 4 graduate hours. Prerequisite(s) : PHIL 210 or PHIL 226 or consent of the instructor.
427 Continental Philosophy II: European Thought Since 1960
3 OR 4 hours. European thought since 1960: Existential Marxism; Critical Theory; Structuralism, Post-Structuralism and Deconstruction. 3 undergraduate hours. 4 graduate hours. Prerequisite(s) : PHIL 227 or consent of the instructor.
428 Topics in Ancient Philosophy
3 OR 4 hours. Careful reading of related works by Ancient Philosophers, such as Plato and Aristotle. 3 undergraduate hours; 4 graduate hours. Prerequisite(s) : PHIL 220 or PHIL 221; and junior standing or above.
429 Special Studies in the History of Philosophy
3 OR 4 hours. Advanced study of a historical school, period, or the development of a historical theme. 3 undergraduate hours. 4 graduate hours. May be repeated up to 1 time(s) with approval. Approval to repeat course granted by the department. Prerequisite(s) : One 200-level course in the history of philosophy or consent of the instructor.
430 Ethics
3 OR 4 hours. Selected topics in moral philosophy, such as normative ethics, value theory or meta-ethics. 3 undergraduate hours. 4 graduate hours. May be repeated up to 1 time(s) with approval. Approval to repeat course granted by the department. Prerequisite(s) : One 200-level course in philosophy or consent of the instructor. Recommended background: Credit in a course in moral, social, or political philosophy.
431 Social/Political Philosophy
3 OR 4 hours. Selected topics in social and political philosophy. 3 undergraduate hours. 4 graduate hours. May be repeated up to 1 time(s) withapproval. Approval to repeat course granted by the department. Prerequisite(s) : One 200-level course in philosophy or consent of the instructor. Recommended background: Credit in a course in moral, social, or political philosophy.
432 Topics in Ethics
3 OR 4 hours. Selected topics in ethics. 3 undergraduate hours.4 graduate hours. May be repeated up to 1 time(s) with approval. Approval to repeat course granted by the department. Prerequisite(s) : One 200-level course in philosophy or consent of the instructor. Recommended background: Credit in a course in moral, social, or political philosophy.
433 Topics in Social/Political Philosophy
3 OR 4 hours. Selected topics in social and political philosophy. 3 undergraduate hours. 4 graduate hours. May be repeated up to 1 time(s) withapproval. Approval to repeat course granted by the department. Prerequisite(s) : One 200-level course in philosophy or consent of the instructor. Recommended background: Credit in a course in moral, social, or political philosophy.
441 Topics in Philosophy of Religion
0 TO 4 hours. Intensive study of one or more selected topics concerning the philosophical aspects of basic religious beliefs and concepts. 3 undergraduate hours. 4 graduate hours. May be repeated up to 1 time(s) with approval. Approval to repeat course granted by the department. Prerequisite(s) : One 200-level course in philosophy or consent of the instructor. Recommended background: PHIL 241.
484 Neuroscience I
3 hours. Neuroscience as an integrative discipline. Neuroanatomy of vertebrates,neural development, cellular neurobiology, action potentialmechanisms, synaptic transmission and neuropharmacology. Same as BIOS 484 and PSCH 484. Prerequisite(s) : BIOS 286 or PSCH 262.
485 Neuroscience II
3 hours. Integrative neuroscience; continuation ofBIOS/PSCH/PHIL 484. Sensory andmotor systems; learning, memory, and language. Pathology of nervous systems. Philosophical perspectives, and modeling. Same as BIOS 485 and PSCH 485. Prerequisite(s) : BIOS 484.
500 Writing in Philosophy
4 hours. Practice in philosophical writing including finding a thesis. Judicious choice of reading onthe topic, outlining, and composing drafts as well as style, paragraphing, and making sentences. Required of all first year Ph.D. students. Prerequisite(s) : Graduate standing in philosophy.
501 Seminar: Topics in Ancient Philosophy
4 hours. Intensive study of selected topics. May be repeated with approval. Approval to repeat course granted by the department. Students may register for more than one section per term when topics vary.
503 Medieval Philosophy
4 hours. Intensive study of special topics in medieval philosophy. May be repeated with approval. Approval to repeat course granted by the department. Students may register for more than one section per term when topics vary.
504 Theoretical Approaches to Policy and Governance
4 hours. Different theoretical approaches to the relationshipbetween policy and governance and the philosophical foundations on which those approaches are based. Same as POLS 504. Prerequisite(s) : Consent of thedepartment required for nondegree graduate students.
505 Seminar in Modern Philosophy
4 hours. Intensive analysis of the work of one important philosopher or philosophical movement between 1600 and 1900. May be repeated with approval. Approval to repeat course granted by the department. Students may register for more than one section per term when topics vary.
508 Nineteenth-Century Philosophy
4 hours. Topics in nineteenth-century philosophy. May be repeated with approval. Students may register for more than one section per term. Approval to repeat coursegranted by the department.
509 History of Analytic Philosophy
4 hours. Topics in late nineteenth- and early twentieth-century Anglo-American philosophy. May be repeated with approval. Approval to repeat course granted by the department. Students may register for more than one section per term when topics vary.
510 History of Ethics and Social/Political Philosophy
4 hours. Topics in the history of ethics or social-political philosophy. May be repeated with approval. Approval to repeat course granted by the department. Students may register for more than one section per term when topics vary.
513 Topics in History of Philosophy
4 hours. Philosophers, philosophical schools, or intellectual trends other than those of the ancient and modern periods. May be repeated with approval. Approval to repeat course granted by the department. Students may register for more than one section per term when topics vary.
520 Topics in Contemporary Philosophy
4 hours. Intensive analysis of the work of one important philosopher or philosophical movement of the twentieth century. May be repeated with approval. Approval to repeat course granted by the department. Students may register for more than one section per term when topics vary.
522 Feminist Philosophy
4 hours. Topics in feminist philosophy. May be repeated with approval. Students may register for more than one section per term. Approval to repeat course granted by the department.
524 Continental Philosophy
4 hours. Topics in continentalphilosophy. May be repeated with approval. Approval to repeat course granted by the department. Students may register for more than one section per term when topics vary.
526 Ethics
4 hours. Intensive study of selected topics. May be repeated with approval. Approval to repeat course granted by the department. Students may register for more than one section per term when topics vary.
528 Social/Political Philosophy
530 Aesthetics
4 hours. Intensive study of selected topics in aesthetics. May be repeated with approval. Approval to repeat course granted by the department. Students may register for more than one section per term when topics vary.
532 Metaphysics
534 Philosophy of Mind
536 Epistemology
4 hours. Selected topics in the contemporary theory of knowledge. May be repeated with approval. Approval to repeat course granted by the department. Students may register for more than one section per term when topics vary.
538 Philosophy of Language
540 Philosophy of Science
542 Philosophy of Special Sciences
4 hours. Intensive study of special topics in philosophy of physics, philosophy of biology, or other sciences. May be repeated with approval. Approval to repeat course granted by the department. Students may register for more than one section per term when topics vary.
544 Philosophy of Logic
546 Philosophy of Mathematics
4 hours. Philosophical foundations of mathematics. May be repeated with approval. Approval to repeat course granted by the department.
562 Mathematical Logic
4 hours. First order logic, completeness and incompleteness theorems, introduction to model theory and computability theory. Same as MATH 502. Prerequisite(s) : MATH 430 or consent of the instructor.
563 Metamathematics II
4 hours. Incompleteness theorems, elementary recursion theory and proof theory, first and second order arithmetic. Same as MATH 503. Prerequisite(s) : MATH 502 or PHIL 562.
565 Set Theory
4 hours. Naive and axiomatic set theory. Independence of the continuum hypothesis and the axiom of choice. Sameas MATH 504. Prerequisite(s) : MATH 430 or MATH 502 or PHIL 562.
567 Model Theory I
4 hours. Elementary embeddings, quantifier elimination, types, saturated and prime models, indiscernibles, Morley's Categoricity Theorem. Same as MATH 506. Prerequisite(s) : MATH 502 or PHIL 562.
568 Model Theory II
4 hours. Stability theory: forking and indpendence, stable groups, geometric stability. Same as MATH 507. Prerequisite(s) : MATH 506 or PHIL 567.
569 Advanced Topics in Logic
4 hours. Advanced topics in modern logic; e.g. large cardinals, infinitary logic, model theory of fields, o-minimality, Borel equivalence relations. Same as MATH 512. May be repeated. Students may register in more than one section per term. Prerequisite(s) : Approvalof the department.
590 Research Seminar
4 hours. A work-in-progress seminar for graduate students at the topical, prospectus, or dissertation level. Satisfactory/Unsatisfactory grading only. May be repeated. Prerequisite(s) : Completion of 10 of the 14 required courses for the Ph.D. in Philosophy.
593 Independent Research
2 TO 8 hours. Topics and plan of study must be approved by the candidate's advisor and by the staff member who directs the work. Satisfactory/Unsatisfactory grading only. May be repeated. Students may register in more than one section per term.
596 Independent Study
1 TO 4 hours. Topics and plan of study must be approved by the candidate's advisor and by the staff member who directs the work. May be repeated. Students may register in more than one section per term.
599 Thesis Research
0 TO 16 hours. Research for the Ph.D. thesis. Satisfactory/Unsatisfactory grading only. May be repeated. Students may register in more than one section per term.
Information provided by the Office of Programs and Academic Assessment.
This listing is for informational purposes only and does not constitute a contract. Every attempt is made to provide the most current and correct information. Courses listed here are subject to change without advance notice. Courses are not necessarily offered every term or year. Individual departments or units should be consulted for information regarding frequency of course offerings.
Re: University Of Ibadan 2012/2013 Admission Continua by Fynestboi: 3:59pm On Jan 08, 2013
Click here to get d 2013 course outline 4 ur course

www.uic.edu/ucat/ courses / - 14k -
Re: University Of Ibadan 2012/2013 Admission Continua by Jossy4luv1(m): 4:16pm On Jan 08, 2013
I TOLD U DAT IF U HAVENT SEEN BOTH UR MATRIC NO AND HALL OF RESIDENCE DAT IT WILL BE OUT 2DAY.JST CHECK IT WILL B OUT B4 8PM..WHENEVA U SEE URS,JST LET ME KNW SO DAT U PPLE WILL KNW DAT I'M NT TEASING U...WAITING!
Re: University Of Ibadan 2012/2013 Admission Continua by DuBooVay(f): 4:26pm On Jan 08, 2013
Fynest boi,wat I saw was university of illinois chicago oo,lol
Re: University Of Ibadan 2012/2013 Admission Continua by Lilly001(m): 4:30pm On Jan 08, 2013
DuBooVay: Fynest boi,wat I saw was university of illinois chicago oo,lol
I no think say d Guy well oo...*just kidding tho*.

1 Like

Re: University Of Ibadan 2012/2013 Admission Continua by codedswagz(m): 4:32pm On Jan 08, 2013
I dnt tink scul receipt wil b an issue 4 hall clearance bt i was informed we'l hv 2 pay som hal dues at d bnk b4 we're allowed in as part of d hall clearance stuf sha.so,4 dose movin on sat or sun includin me,i dnt tink its a gud idea..I STAND TO B CORRECTED THOUGH
Re: University Of Ibadan 2012/2013 Admission Continua by Lizholuphunmy(f): 4:59pm On Jan 08, 2013
Jossy4luv1: @LIZHOLUPHUMY & ODAS CONCERNED..PLS U ARE 2 COME 2 UI 2MOROW..U ARE 2 WRITE A LETTER OF COMPLAINT 2 D DIRECTOR OF MIS UNIT..U CAN BRING HIGHER EDUCATION SHEET..U ARE 2 BRING A PHOTOCOPY OF D AUTHORITY 2 PAY COS U WILL ATTACH IT 2 D LETTER..I'M IN UI SINCE MONDAY AND BY GOD'S GRACE I WILL B THERE 2MOROW.IF U HAVE ANY QUE U WANT 2 ASK TOWARDS HW 2 GO ABOUT IT,U CAN CALL ME..=DIS INFO CONCERNS THOSE DAT ONLY SEE EITHER MATRIC NO OR HALL...IF U HAVNT BIN GIVEN ANY IT DOESNT CONCERN U,U DNT HAV ANY PROBLEM..TANX
tanx.i wl b in ui 2moro.pls standby coz u go follow me der o my broda.my numba is 08130579809,i wl cal u 2moro.God BLESS U
Re: University Of Ibadan 2012/2013 Admission Continua by Fynestboi: 5:10pm On Jan 08, 2013
UIC Course Description - Spring 2013

(1) (2) (3) ... (228) (229) (230) (231) (232) (233) (234) ... (269) (Reply)

Nigerian Students In China / Oau Postgraduate Harmattan Semester Form Sale Is Out / Names Of Tuition Free Universities In Norway, Canada And Sweden

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 126
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.