Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,454 members, 7,830,251 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 06:40 PM

Arsenal Vs Villarreal - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Arsenal Vs Villarreal (7405 Views)

UCL: Bayern Munich Vs Villarreal (3 - 1) On 22nd November 2011 / Barcelona Vs Villarreal On Monday 29th,2011 / Barcelona Vs Villarreal [3 - 1] On 13th November, 2010 @ 9pm (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Arsenal Vs Villarreal by SirKay3(m): 9:40pm On Apr 19, 2006
Match over. D linesmen killed d match for us. Glad we won

GUNNERS FOREVER
Re: Arsenal Vs Villarreal by ababoy1(m): 9:43pm On Apr 19, 2006
What I felt was important is that we didn't concede a goal,

We will still go thru,
Re: Arsenal Vs Villarreal by SirKay3(m): 9:52pm On Apr 19, 2006
That we didnt conceed is a plus. We r winning in El Madrigal in Spain next Tuesday by 2nil

GUNNERS FOREVER
Re: Arsenal Vs Villarreal by mukina2: 9:55pm On Apr 19, 2006
wow wow we be the best no one contest. kiss kiss kiss
where was requelme or forlan
go go gunners grin grin
Re: Arsenal Vs Villarreal by ababoy1(m): 9:57pm On Apr 19, 2006
Sir Kay,

It will be tough, but I think we will sneak thru, Cos they will have to come out and play,
Re: Arsenal Vs Villarreal by SirKay3(m): 10:02pm On Apr 19, 2006
This one was tough too, but we went through, so expect a well blanced game next Tuesday, cos they'ld really come out at us, but we'ld surely win, cos we av an edge. 834mins so far, without conceeding any goal.

GUNNERS FOREVER
Re: Arsenal Vs Villarreal by Grizzly(m): 12:58am On Apr 20, 2006
Slimy win, sad
anyways a win izza win,
but just watch ur backs,
Re: Arsenal Vs Villarreal by Priscila(f): 8:34am On Apr 20, 2006
OH MY!
Nine  games without coceding! " these are DAYS OF OUR LIVES"!
Play gunners play! We are the best.
I admit, Arsenal faced their greatest battle ever of all the matches I ve seen!

I wont complain, as I rightfully could, about what Referees Mercenary tactics did almost to ruin our gallant battle. What a hell bent officiating?
I think the result was abit harsh and Igwes goal decision was very poor!
As far as I know we won 4-0

Toure's goal after a delicious pass by henry was just priceless and gunners have just shown what a potent side they are! Play my prince Toure play!
With the chances we made , we have paid for our lack of precision infront of goal.
Fabregas still not well I must say!
By the way Lehmann play!
He deserves German NO: 1 jersey esp now that Olikhan is blundering alot!

Villarreal! Will they take the heat?
Guns have a record of winning away from home and if they won real madrid which I heard have never lost at home since 2002 I pity them!

Those Austrolopithecus South Americans have an abundant talent there!
They only suffer from osteomyelitis-inflamed bones injuring themselves anyhow!
I appreciate Forlans and Jose Mari speed not bad but gunners are more faster!What a stiff defence from them!

Let me conclude by blaming the refs. the officiating was abit harsh especially not allowing gunners to score and feeding the yellows with alot of "tarjeta Amarilla"yellow cards.
Those are the worst officials I ve seen
Re: Arsenal Vs Villarreal by Skintite(f): 9:15am On Apr 20, 2006
Yeah, good game well done to the gunners
the ref/asst ref were crap meeen! undecided

The henry disallowed goal was an absolute stunner
N that challenge by gilberto was a pen, but anyhow sha, we won

Now we have to go to spain n keep the composure n style
I think we r already in the finals

Toure was fantastic n so was ebuoe
Am sure pricci is excited it was toure that scored
and those sideline runs by eboue, great wink

Spain is gonna be on fire next week grin
Re: Arsenal Vs Villarreal by nightrider: 9:24am On Apr 20, 2006
villareal will be without tarchinardi and sienna, so thier midfield will be considerably weaker. i don't think we can conceede (by God's grace ) in the madrigal. Forlan has scored just 8 goals in the league and only 2 in champions league. without a shot on goal yesterday.

Riquelme had a job on him from hleb, fabregas and gilberto. apart from set pieces he wasn't very critical.

With reyes back in the team we will have breathtaking pace for counterattacks. Villareal have to score , which means they will be pushing up(without tarchinardi and sienna). The pace of reyes, henry and hleb will have gaps to exploit.
bottom line villa can't score against arsenal, they just don't have the fire power home or away. They'll come all out but forlan is not the threat he should be.
i have i believe in em young gunners and besides theres the  small matter of ermmm ermmmm ermmmm whats that again errrmmm errrm!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

NINE CLEAN SHEETS
Re: Arsenal Vs Villarreal by Vieira(m): 9:35am On Apr 20, 2006
These games are really affecting me now o!

I am a nervous wreck and I no longer can watch these matches with enjoyment!

Last night I was just praying they did not score a last minute goal.

Gilberto was very lucky to get away with that tackle
Re: Arsenal Vs Villarreal by Skintite(f): 10:54am On Apr 20, 2006
@ vieira
Yeah, he was
And so were they to get away wth the henry goal undecided

Dont panic yet, all shall be well
Panic will only be in the finals if its ars/barca
That is gonna be 90mins of tention, heart attack, upset stomach!
to mention but a few undecided
Re: Arsenal Vs Villarreal by Vieira(m): 11:11am On Apr 20, 2006
Skintite, my cousin has stopped watching Arsenal since they reached the knockout.

He is too scared too watch.

The guy go lock himself inside his room and after the match come phone me!

can you imagine such fear.

The guy said his heart beat is like as if his heart is breakdancing and wants to do a headspin out of his chest.

I understand how he is feeling becouse these matches are now so important that the joy is no longer as great as the fear.

The last game I really enjoyed was Juventus at highbury and only because we were so dominant and got a 2 goal lead.

Football no go kill person o!
Re: Arsenal Vs Villarreal by bolaoni(m): 11:12am On Apr 20, 2006
Hi Gunners,

My first post here since this thread began.

Watched yesterday's game and I was impressed by the display of the Arsenal. Think the Ref with his colleagues didn't do a nice job. So so poor officiating but its so good.

I want to watch a nice and interesting final and that should be Barca vs. Arsenal. It will be tough in Spain but I want the gunners to go through so that the final can be something to look forward to.

CONGRATS ALL GUNNERS!  wink
Re: Arsenal Vs Villarreal by Skintite(f): 6:17pm On Apr 20, 2006
Eeya vieira
i dont blame ur cousin cos u know how arsenal can break a heart undecided

They'll dissapoint u when u need them the MOST
I feel like that sometimes but ive learnt to let go

Thats how i felt wth the man u game
i was tensed for the whole 90mins
And the probs is if ure tensed, u will not enjoy the game

Football no go kill person, just like u said
But we need a little faith to keep us going n believin

We shall make it by Gods grace smiley
Re: Arsenal Vs Villarreal by lordimpaq(m): 6:27pm On Apr 20, 2006
we can celebrate for now,

we have a daunting task on saturday against tottenham

and then we have the big fish to fry on tuesday against villareal,

it aint over guys, we have a slim edge, but viera (the goalkeeper) is returning, but it doesn't mean anything,

the substitute goal keeper was so lucky he didn't concede more than one[thanx to the linesmen] but all is well
keep praying and we'll qualify [i won't say we'll win till we get to the final]
Re: Arsenal Vs Villarreal by SirKay3(m): 9:35pm On Apr 20, 2006
@ all GUNNERS,

Liverpool sold Owen on their way to win d champs league cup, we sold Vieira.
Liverpool struggled with Everton for d 4th place, we r already struggling with Tottenham
Liverpool almost lost Gerrard to d transfer market, we r having d same problem with Henry
Liverpool beat Juve in the quarters with 2nil in Anfield and drew nil all in Turin, same with us

This is our year

GUNNERS FOREVER
Re: Arsenal Vs Villarreal by Akolawole(m): 10:07pm On Apr 20, 2006
Good observation SirKay
Re: Arsenal Vs Villarreal by c0dec(m): 10:29pm On Apr 20, 2006
Sir Kay:

@ all GUNNERS,

Liverpool sold Owen on their way to win d champs league cup, we sold Vieira.
Liverpool struggled with Everton for d 4th place, we r already struggling with Tottenham
Liverpool almost lost Gerrard to d transfer market, we r having d same problem with Henry
Liverpool beat Juve in the quarters with 2nil in Anfield and drew nil all in Turin, same with us

This is our year

GUNNERS FOREVER

e remain to face milan in the finals but that aint happening.
Re: Arsenal Vs Villarreal by Skintite(f): 9:08am On Apr 21, 2006
U neva know codec undecided

History might repeat itself exactly the same way
Now that wud be something else grin
Wud be interestin indeed!
Re: Arsenal Vs Villarreal by Priscila(f): 10:37am On Apr 21, 2006
This is actually Gunners season just as it was with Liverpool last season!
We are counting our blessings and nothing will come against!
Anti-tank guns at this stage!
no more use of rifles and pistols.
All will feel our missiles in the air soonest!
Re: Arsenal Vs Villarreal by bolaoni(m): 10:59am On Apr 21, 2006
@ Sir Kay,

Nice one there. I have been thinking of the same coincidence. It was also re echoed yesterday morning by Deji Omotoyinbo, do you listen to Sport Express?

As things are going, I dey fear say Arsenal go win this thing ooooooooooo cool
Re: Arsenal Vs Villarreal by sirwebs(m): 11:11am On Apr 21, 2006
Taking a one goal lead into an away match in a Champions league semi-final is an achievement. Guys this is Europe. The highest level of football in the milky way. Higher than the world cup. We are in pole position. 90 mins to go. This is the stuff that legends are made off.  Next tuesday is not for the fainthearted.

-sirwebs-
Re: Arsenal Vs Villarreal by shadyBaba: 11:35am On Apr 21, 2006
yu know us now.win 1st leg draw 2nd leg. it mite even be beta dis time.
GUNNERS
Re: Arsenal Vs Villarreal by lordimpaq(m): 11:47am On Apr 21, 2006
the only pple i see scoring us is villareal, it may end up being 1-1 in spain

but i hope toure and senderos would hold firm,

at least we have a consolation of tachinnardi and senna out but viera is back,

but nothing dey happen, just hope for the best
Re: Arsenal Vs Villarreal by Priscila(f): 12:21pm On Apr 21, 2006
Lordi!
thats true! Among all the Gunners match I ve seen this season, that Villrreal match was the toughest! Those men have their own style of play!
Who cares! we must win this one if we want to automatically qualify for Champions league without too much trouble!
Remember Tottenham is still growing tentacles and clinging like a leech to our position!
We have no choice and time!
Remember this match determines our future!
Re: Arsenal Vs Villarreal by lordimpaq(m): 12:33pm On Apr 21, 2006
i believe both matches are very important.

it is important that we win tottenham so that we qualify for champions league next season

it is important that we qualify for the final so we can qualify for the champions league next season, if we win,
Re: Arsenal Vs Villarreal by SirKay3(m): 7:05pm On Apr 21, 2006
All GUNNERS,

I dont see Villarreal scoring us in El Madigal stadium. Though d match was very technical and tight for us, yet we had d most possession. They actually came for a draw or at worst 1nil loss, which they got, but remember that one or two of them escaped being red carded. They were physical on our boys.

Reyes is back for the second leg, so we have many options on counter attack game. It'l be like that of Juve in Turin and I foresee another clean sheet and d likelyhood of another surprise win for us.

This is our year, so let's just siddon look for the next 180mins

GUNNERS FOREVER
Re: Arsenal Vs Villarreal by SirKay3(m): 7:33pm On Apr 21, 2006
All GUNNERS,
Henry confident for Villarreal return

Thierry Henry is cautiously optimistic ahead of Arsenal's Champions League semi-final return match with Villarreal.

The Gunners take a 1-0 lead to the Madrigal stadium on Tuesday and the talismanic France striker is confident his team-mates can complete the job.

"With our attacking ability and especially - what for me is the most impressive thing - the fact we are not conceding goals I can say we are cautiously optimistic," the 28-year-old told L'Equipe. "We saw a (Villarreal) team that would not go forward and tried only to win free-kicks so they could cause us problems from dead ball situations."

The Gunners skipper claimed he had total confidence in his young side, saying: "I know the quality of these boys.

"All the youngsters have grown in confidence. A youngster never calculates, he just plays to the limit without thinking too much about where he is."

However, Henry insists he has not forgotten Saturday's derby match with north London neighbours Tottenham, adding: "We are fighting on two fronts.

"There will be another war here on Saturday with Tottenham."

Now let's hear what you've got to say about this story, or anything else happening in the world of football. Send your opinions, rants, praise or abuse to theeditor@football365.com
Re: Arsenal Vs Villarreal by Priscila(f): 8:23am On Apr 22, 2006
We will use our resources to our advantage!
With Diamond Igwe and Reyes ready to steer goals, we will smear Villarreal

We must get homeand away goals by  hook and crook! Even if we are to be terrorists for once Its worthy!
Thats why we are gunners! Use force !during war time and when peace comes we will be carrying out Recconaisance!
Re: Arsenal Vs Villarreal by Skintite(f): 9:21am On Apr 22, 2006
Well spoken pricci wink
Re: Arsenal Vs Villarreal by Priscila(f): 12:46pm On Apr 22, 2006
thanks skintite!
You can count on me!
We are on our way to the top come rain come sunshine!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Arsenal Vs Newcastle United (1 - 0) On 16th Of December 2017 / Fabio Capello Resigns As England's Manager / Chelsea Vs Bolton (3 - 0) On Saturday 25th February 2012

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.