Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,631 members, 7,809,354 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:16 AM

Should Lagos Govt Ban Okada ? - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Should Lagos Govt Ban Okada ? (5646 Views)

Okada-Man, Student Crushed By Trailer In Benue (Graphic Photos) / Tinubu Ban Okada In Lagos And Repace With Napep.what Do U Think?me,yes U / FCT To Ban Okada Come October 1st (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Should Lagos Govt Ban Okada ? by acidtalk: 6:04pm On Jul 21, 2012
When you drive through the streets of Lagos at least 7 out of every 10 dented /scratched vehicle was cause by the recklessness of OKADA riders (motor bike).

The menace of this operators is so terrible that not everyone survived to tell their own story.

A report sometime this year noted that 80% of patients in the orthopedic hospital (Igbobi) are victims of Okada accidents.

On streets, markets, roads and everywhere, you find Okada operators driving on pathways of pedestrians, thereby almost klnocking people into the gutter.

They never obey traffic rules and in general have been known for criminals to carry out their operations mainly on motor bikes.

The only 'advantage' of the Okada is its ability to manuever its way through road grid and traffick which most times lead to the distruction of people's vehicles.

The general believe is that Okada operators are a menace to the society in Lagos state.
Re: Should Lagos Govt Ban Okada ? by acidtalk: 7:47pm On Jul 21, 2012
Am I to believe every single person who have viewed this post don't reside in lagos?

We need people to contribute on this issue.
Re: Should Lagos Govt Ban Okada ? by searchcorp(m): 6:24pm On Jul 23, 2012
No
Re: Should Lagos Govt Ban Okada ? by chuks49(m): 6:27pm On Jul 23, 2012
They should be restricted to certain areas.
Re: Should Lagos Govt Ban Okada ? by Etumgbe(m): 6:30pm On Jul 23, 2012
With this heavy traffic jam in lagos now if they ban okada that means late coming at work should no longer be an offense
Re: Should Lagos Govt Ban Okada ? by LesbianBoy(m): 6:34pm On Jul 23, 2012
No they shouldnt o, armed robbery and kidnapping would be on the increase! lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: Should Lagos Govt Ban Okada ? by ecode1(m): 6:36pm On Jul 23, 2012
Etumgbe: With this heavy traffic jam in lagos now if they ban okada that means late coming at work should no longer be an offense
Couldn't have said it better. I think they should be regulated.They've become nuisance all over the place.
Re: Should Lagos Govt Ban Okada ? by alaoeri: 6:40pm On Jul 23, 2012
Okada shouldn't be ban oh bcuz its assist one way or the other but should be restricted to some places.
Re: Should Lagos Govt Ban Okada ? by nairalady(f): 6:41pm On Jul 23, 2012
chuks49: They should be restricted to certain areas.
yea.. i agree with u

Re: Should Lagos Govt Ban Okada ? by Nobody: 6:42pm On Jul 23, 2012
alaoeri: Okada shouldn't be ban oh bcuz its assist one way or the other but should be restricted to some places.

Seriously fam, you can do better than what you typed.
Re: Should Lagos Govt Ban Okada ? by bobokelly(m): 6:43pm On Jul 23, 2012
Then you should be especting thousands of armed robbers in lagos,lagosians may have to sleep with one of their eyes open, please dont try to banned them, but the may be restricted in some areas.

1 Like

Re: Should Lagos Govt Ban Okada ? by tonyx4x44(m): 6:47pm On Jul 23, 2012
Etumgbe: With this heavy traffic jam in lagos now if they ban okada that means late coming at work should no longer be an offense
exactly
Re: Should Lagos Govt Ban Okada ? by mcnepow(m): 6:48pm On Jul 23, 2012
Egbon mi, o Nuisance maka gini??
A city as 'big' and 'developed' as Lasgidi should have a functional rail system before dem think am.
No banning before bike riders will change from transportation to boko-haram sector.
Re: Should Lagos Govt Ban Okada ? by DICKtator: 6:50pm On Jul 23, 2012
Why should Lagos ban Okada? What if Edo retaliates and ban Lagos?

"An eye for an eye would make the world go blind"

grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Should Lagos Govt Ban Okada ? by Cleanman(m): 6:50pm On Jul 23, 2012
they deserve a ban bt be ready 4 a rise in unemployment.
Re: Should Lagos Govt Ban Okada ? by Spirit96(m): 6:51pm On Jul 23, 2012
IF THIS BAN IS STH 2 BE ENFORCED, ALL D OKADA RIDERS SHLD BE PROVIDED WIT ALTERNATIVES 4 LIVELIHOOD N D PATRONIZERS SHLD BE GIVEN ANOTHER MEANS OF FAST TRANSPORTN. IT'S BETTER BEING NUISANCE THAN BEING ARMED ROBBERS.

2 Likes

Re: Should Lagos Govt Ban Okada ? by Nobody: 6:53pm On Jul 23, 2012
Yes Yes Yes Yes, its banned inside Lekki Phase 1 and the roads are better off, it should be banned in the whole of VI...and allowed in other parts of Lagos.... that side no concern me grin
Re: Should Lagos Govt Ban Okada ? by kristiansmart: 6:53pm On Jul 23, 2012
Nice post thanks for sharing.[img]http://www.lzxin.info/g.gif[/img]
Re: Should Lagos Govt Ban Okada ? by Bolarge1(m): 6:56pm On Jul 23, 2012
THEY NEED TO BE REHABILITATED WITH GOOD JOBS.

BUT WHERE ARE THE JOBS?

Re: Should Lagos Govt Ban Okada ? by Smi1(m): 6:57pm On Jul 23, 2012
Motocycles should be strictly ban in all areas of lagos, they have caused so many tragic in that society. i'm in no way in support of them ever since. angry
Re: Should Lagos Govt Ban Okada ? by mcnepow(m): 7:00pm On Jul 23, 2012
Also, they shouldn't restrict nada!
I like when I blow my bike to Lekki, V.I, A.J, Ikeja GRA, Badagry, Ipaja, everywhere and anywhere! wink
Especially when in an okada convoyyyyyy!!! grin
Re: Should Lagos Govt Ban Okada ? by fasttrack(m): 7:00pm On Jul 23, 2012
yea they should be banned in the city, and restricted to the outskirts. they disobey all traffic laws, cause car accidents as well and they have no human feelings. you just try to hit 1 with your car whether you are at fault or not and see what happens
Re: Should Lagos Govt Ban Okada ? by subzero2(m): 7:00pm On Jul 23, 2012
Y wud Okada b restricted in some part of Lagos? I know it would temporarilly create a little stress if ban totally. But beliv me, at d long run u guyz wil even appreciate it more. U'l neva know d dangers 2 human life these okada posses until u visit a loved one in a hospital as a result of their reckless riding, and d ugly look these okada giv 2 a city until u visit cities like Ph, Calabar, Uyo, Owerri etc. So 2me, it shud b BAN COMPLETELY. #over n out#

1 Like

Re: Should Lagos Govt Ban Okada ? by fasttrack(m): 7:10pm On Jul 23, 2012
Lagos state should also think of alternative means to curb transportation problem, like train system,and also better road maintenance, better drainage system, scrap lawless danfo drivers who cause unnecessary traffic jams (create smaller brt systems for minor roads).
Re: Should Lagos Govt Ban Okada ? by omosexy1: 7:11pm On Jul 23, 2012
Okada should be banned. Its demerit exceeds its benefits. It doesn't add much to our GDP nor does it increase the standard of living for the riders or the Nigerian populace. It is also crippling other sectors of the economy such as tailoring, mechanics, plumbering, agriculture, shortage of factory workers e.t.c People don't want to learn a trade these days; a quick buck (let me start riding okada), if there is ever any progress, the okada drivers purchase tricycles. Please it is a poverty driven occupation and do not allow our youth to think positively and become employers of labour. If I am Fashola I will ban it, increase the number of police check points; liaise with soldiers to patrol lagos suburbs and lets see how the criminals will operates. This will force these young men to re-evaluate their position and move into other occupations which can contribute to Lagos economy.

3 Likes

Re: Should Lagos Govt Ban Okada ? by GboyegaD(m): 7:14pm On Jul 23, 2012
They shouldn't be banned however, there is a need for stiffer penalties to erring riders so as to curb their excesses.
Re: Should Lagos Govt Ban Okada ? by bigfat02: 7:26pm On Jul 23, 2012
not to be banned cos of the masses wey no get ride...
Re: Should Lagos Govt Ban Okada ? by NEROSKY(m): 7:27pm On Jul 23, 2012
S@mi:
Motocycles should be strictly ban in all areas of lagos, they have caused so many tragic in that society. i'm in no way in support of them ever since. angry
Re: Should Lagos Govt Ban Okada ? by NEROSKY(m): 7:48pm On Jul 23, 2012
S@mi:
If ♈♡Ü ? Have had an Okada accident or any related tragedies,, doesn't mean is enough reasons to ban them..
C'mon fink Wat will apen to Family men,'''''
If they happen to engage in bombing 4rm out of frustration(BokoOkada)wat do you do Run Hide Go back to village
If you ar comfortable n dey ar nt wat is ur gain
Wat of dey attack U n steal 4rm you becuz dey av got no job nor alternative How will you feel
Don't use becuz few ar bad n punish 20 million people...
Am not against banding OKADA
Wat am against is, why is there N o alternative B4 banding of OKADA??
Lik bring ur OKada wif 150K n collect keke napep, n sumfin of that Nature ; ??
Re: Should Lagos Govt Ban Okada ? by Supermodel: 8:32pm On Jul 23, 2012
Okada can never be ban in lagos bcuz it's merit surpass it's demerit
think about the number of people that will be jobless and not to forget that the rate of traffic jam will also elevate.

It can only be restricted in some locations.
Re: Should Lagos Govt Ban Okada ? by dkings101(m): 9:13pm On Jul 23, 2012
In Malaysia....road her made for them like the BRT lane. The width of the road is like 15 foot step. If they can map out their own road, i guess they would stop scratching ppls car and also avoid accident.
Re: Should Lagos Govt Ban Okada ? by druid06(m): 9:25pm On Jul 23, 2012
Almost all the scratches on my automobile is caused by these motorcyclist but I would not want them to be banned even for a minute with these lagos traffic. They should create seperate lane on every high way for them to commute as the poster above me mentioned. It's being done here in Benin Republic.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Confusion Of 2003 Lexus Rx300 And 2007 Hyundai Santa Fe / Honda City With Modified Camaro Kit / Nairalander Spots This Toy At Onitsha Mall- Pictures

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.