Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,802 members, 7,817,325 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:20 AM

Can I Do Inter-state Drives W/out Custom Papers? - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Can I Do Inter-state Drives W/out Custom Papers? (2487 Views)

InnosonMotors CEO Drives Foreign SUVs But Wants Us To Buy His Cars / How To Confirm The Genuineness Of Custom Papers / 96 Camry Without Custom Papers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can I Do Inter-state Drives W/out Custom Papers? by Nobody: 2:41am On Jul 22, 2012
My Dad handed me a car (Honda Accord 04) for mobility since I'd be starting my M.A soon - the old man gave me the entire papers but the custom papers are absent. I brought his attention to it and he told me he misplaced it at his office and doesn't have the time to engage himself in a search for it - so I don't know if there's a way to get new custom papers or if there are papers I could get to make up for the missing documents or anything at all - NLers please help!
Re: Can I Do Inter-state Drives W/out Custom Papers? by Nobody: 2:42am On Jul 22, 2012
Helep me Ooo.
Re: Can I Do Inter-state Drives W/out Custom Papers? by Nobody: 2:43am On Jul 22, 2012
People Oo!
Re: Can I Do Inter-state Drives W/out Custom Papers? by GreenJ(m): 10:12pm On Jul 22, 2012
If the ride is above six months, carry go...
Re: Can I Do Inter-state Drives W/out Custom Papers? by Nobody: 1:30am On Jul 23, 2012
@Green J: Thank you - The car was bought 2006/2007 and registered already, I asked some custom dude and he said I could only drive it around within Lagos. I just want to be sure so I don't run into problems with the custom people.
Re: Can I Do Inter-state Drives W/out Custom Papers? by femmy2010(m): 5:23am On Jul 23, 2012
GreenJ: If the ride is above six months, carry go...

You sure of this?
Re: Can I Do Inter-state Drives W/out Custom Papers? by femmy2010(m): 5:28am On Jul 23, 2012
9jacrip: @Green J: Thank you - The car was bought 2006/2007 and registered already, I asked some custom dude and he said I could only drive it around within Lagos. I just want to be sure so I don't run into problems with the custom people.

Since the car has been in used since 2007 then you shouldn't have any issue with driving outside Lagos.
Nothing to worry about but peeps driving less than 2years registered vehicles have got loads Customs wahala to worry about.
Enjoy your ride bruv.
Re: Can I Do Inter-state Drives W/out Custom Papers? by Nobody: 12:20pm On Jul 23, 2012
femmy2010:

Since the car has been in used since 2007 then you shouldn't have any issue with driving outside Lagos.
Nothing to worry about but peeps driving less than 2years registered vehicles have got loads Customs wahala to worry about.
Enjoy your ride bruv.

Are you sure?
Re: Can I Do Inter-state Drives W/out Custom Papers? by Nobody: 1:05pm On Jul 23, 2012
bros,

i drive to port harcourt all the time with my 07 accord, once the car is more than 6 months old u really dont need custom papers only car vehicle papers

a rokie custom officer stopped me once and asked for my custom papers. i had to ask him if he just started the job or he did not go thru his training properly. maybe i should give him honda place phone number to call them or better still let him tow the car my lawyer would visit him on monday.

he felt foolish and allowed me to continue. once the car have been used in Nigeria for a more than 6 months u are safe. make sure ur other papers are complete, drivers license, vehicle license etc, if u r going towards benin try and get a radio/tv license from ur local govt cos some benin boys would ac-oust u and take ur time arguing for it.

1 Like

Re: Can I Do Inter-state Drives W/out Custom Papers? by Nobody: 2:57pm On Jul 23, 2012
@Karcy:

OK thanks.
No shakes then -
Re: Can I Do Inter-state Drives W/out Custom Papers? by Emperoh(m): 5:23pm On Jul 23, 2012
kaecy5: bros,

i drive to port harcourt all the time with my 07 accord, once the car is more than 6 months old u really dont need custom papers only car vehicle papers

a rokie custom officer stopped me once and asked for my custom papers. i had to ask him if he just started the job or he did not go thru his training properly. maybe i should give him honda place phone number to call them or better still let him tow the car my lawyer would visit him on monday.

he felt foolish and allowed me to continue. once the car have been used in Nigeria for a more than 6 months u are safe. make sure ur other papers are complete, drivers license, vehicle license etc, if u r going towards benin try and get a radio/tv license from ur local govt cos some benin boys would ac-oust u and take ur time arguing for it.

So some people actually stop for these boys?
One, they cannot be enforcing an LG law on a Federal Highway
Two, Radio licence is for commercial trucks, buses and articulated vehicles not private cars.
People should try to be abreast of this. I don nearly break one leg last June for By-pass.

OP
You have no issues, please move on. You can drive your car to any location you want.
Your car is old enough!
Re: Can I Do Inter-state Drives W/out Custom Papers? by Nobody: 6:33pm On Jul 23, 2012
Emperoh:

So some people actually stop for these boys?
One, they cannot be enforcing an LG law on a Federal Highway
Two, Radio license is for commercial trucks, buses and articulated vehicles not private cars.
People should try to be abreast of this. I don nearly break one leg last June for By-pass.

OP
You have no issues, please move on. You can drive your car to any location you want.
Your car is old enough!

Ah Ok. If I run into trouble ehn, I go hold una Oo! grin
Re: Can I Do Inter-state Drives W/out Custom Papers? by austin4real(m): 8:43am On Mar 14, 2013
Haaa, bros I have an altima that was purchased 2009, tho I have the custome papers oooo, but anytime I ply the Abeokuta-Ibadan route omo dem dey always stop me oooo.. No single time has passed when I ply that route that those custom officials won't stop me... There was a day I went to Ibadan where I met 2 custom roadblock on the road, and on those two seperate occasions they stopped me. So I'm not really sure of the whole 6 mnths thingy. So far they see your car as blinging or fine they would stop u.
Re: Can I Do Inter-state Drives W/out Custom Papers? by femmy2010(m): 8:53am On Mar 14, 2013
kaecy5: bros,

All those 6months thing don't work.
You might be lucky then but might not always be the case.
Re: Can I Do Inter-state Drives W/out Custom Papers? by Nobody: 3:32pm On Jun 29, 2013
Your dad gave you the car....... Hmnmmmm
Re: Can I Do Inter-state Drives W/out Custom Papers? by Nobody: 7:27pm On Jun 30, 2013
phemmzy007: Your dad gave you the car....... Hmnmmmm

[size=14pt]LMAO! Oloriburuku, U don come here abi? LMAO
Na ur papa come give me my car? grin grin grin grin

Mods abeg, come ban this guy, he's tryna derail my informative thread.[/size]

1 Like

Re: Can I Do Inter-state Drives W/out Custom Papers? by Nobody: 8:02pm On Jun 30, 2013
tongue lol
Re: Can I Do Inter-state Drives W/out Custom Papers? by swaggerkid(m): 2:01am On Nov 06, 2013
cheesy cheesy grin grin grin

(1) (Reply)

Requirements For Change Of Ownership? / Overheating At High Speed Of Between 60-80 Km/h / Need Help With Fixing My Clutch

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.