Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,083 members, 7,821,736 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 05:27 PM

Top Sunday News Headlines: Today Is Davido's Album Launch. Read More - Entertainment - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Top Sunday News Headlines: Today Is Davido's Album Launch. Read More (1672 Views)

Patrick Obahiagbon To Host Ice Prince's "Fire Of Zamani" Album Launch / Weekend Factfile News Headlines Plus Hottest Celebrity Gists / Latest Entertainment News Headlines (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Top Sunday News Headlines: Today Is Davido's Album Launch. Read More by Nobody: 7:22am On Jul 22, 2012
TOP SUNDAY NEWS HEADLINES

Good morning friends, hope you are having a nice weekend. Thanks so much for joining me in today’s EDESON TOP SUNDAY NEWS HEADLINES: Please visit my blog www...com after reading this news and kindly register to become a member. Thanks.

First In The News Is The BIG GIST of THE DAY:
>>EDESON NEWS learnt that famous Nigeria rapper, NAETO C got wedded to his lover yesterday at Lekki, Lagos. According to our correspondent, it was a big surprise that NAETO C got a car gift from a fellow musician. Well, the musician is D’banj, he presented a 2012 Porsche Cayenne to Naeto C at his white-wedding reception yesterday. Our correspondent added that that the car D’banj gave to NAETO C as a wedding gift is worth about N15 million.

AND NOW, THE MAIN NEWS HEADLINES:
1. All is now set for today’s Davido Album launch concert. Rich, bold and emerging Nigerian music icon David Adeleke a.k.a Davido is set for his Album launch concert which will hold today Sunday July 22nd at Eko Hotel Lagos at 7pm. Tickets are available at Eko Hotel, Images & Print, Silverbird Galleria, and Ozone Cinemas.

2. Fans, friends and the world music-sphere are currently bereaved over the death of Usher Raymond’s stepson yesterday. Usher's 11-year-old stepson died yesterday morning from injuries suffered in a tragic jetski accident in Georgia earlier this month. Reports say
doctors removed the 11-year-old Kyle Glover from life support after it was determined the injuries were too severe to overcome.
3. BANKING NEWS: Mrs. Funke Osibodu, THE CEO of Union Bank of Nigeria Plc, is to step down following a reorganisation of the board and management of the company by the core investors, Union Global Partners Limited, in agreement with the Asset Management Corporation of Nigeria (AMCON). Sources close to the Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN) informed newsmen that Osibodu would be replaced by Mr. Emeka Emuwa, who is currently the Managing Director of Citibank Nigeria Limited.
4. NEWS AROUND IMO STATE: It has been reported that the traditional ruler of Eziama Obiato, in Mbaitolu Local Government Area of Imo State, Dennis Nwaba was kidnapped from his palace on Thursday, at about 8.30a.m., by four armed men, who came in a Honda civic car.
5. AVIATION NEWS: Turkish Airlines has applied to the Federal Government of Nigeria for approval to fly into Abuja and Kano. The airline already flies Istanbul-Lagos on daily basis. According to the Chief Executive Officer and President of the company, Dr. Temel Kotil, Turkish Airlines sees Nigeria as a growing market for the company’s strategic focus destinations and the additional flights into the two cities as very lucrative, with potentials to strengthen the economic ties between Nigeria and Turkey.
6. NEWS AROUND PORTHARCOURT: Two barges, one tug boat and a fishing boat were among items consumed in the multiple explosions that rocked Port-Harcourt on Friday in a vessel at Abuloma jetty, Port Harcourt. Eye witnesses had put the death toll at between nine and thirty persons.
7: SOUTH AFRICA NEWS: At least 18 people died and 27 others seriously injured after two buses collided head on near the Eastern Cape town of Cradock, South Africa yesterday.
8. AMERICAN NEWS-: Sources say controversial American Best-selling author Kurt Andersen is currently writing his latest novel about a group of friends who hatch a James-Bond-like plot amid the tumult of the 1960s in the United States.
9. Following the shooting that left many movie lovers dead at BATMAN Cinemas screening of the movie, “The Dark Knight Rises”, Reports indicate that Warner Bros. studio executives the organizers are considering postponing the film and then re-release it in December. Will moviegoers around the world have to wait until possibly Christmas to view "The Dark Knight Rises"?

10. American born Fred Willard, an aging comedian who was a household name in the 1980s and 90s, has been arrested by LAPD after police allegedly caught him with his pants down in an adult movie theater.

>>> That is the END of The News: You can visit my website/blog www...com to read more news. My blog is a news aggregate, you can get the latest news anytime on my blog and download free stuffs to your phone. Please visit it now and register. I will be happy to know that you have visited my blog.

>>> If you are using an IPAD, Blackberry phone, Laptop or other advanced smartphones you will see all the applications and graphics on my blog.

PLEASE ALSO, help EDESON NEWS to grow Online by tagging your friends on my news post. Thanks very much.

You can also follow me on Twitter: @

NEWS EDITOR: ENDY EDESON

Happy Sunday.

Re: Top Sunday News Headlines: Today Is Davido's Album Launch. Read More by Chanchit: 7:51am On Jul 22, 2012
Did u kal Davido's album lunch news of the day...? Abeg that 15m car gift still carry yesterday enter today o.... And for the batman peeople they beta forget abt premiering d film, and jst put it in d mkt, when they r ready, cos maybe na 300 them go kill for the nxt premier....

2 Likes

(1) (Reply)

Video:exclusive Interview With Tiwa Savage Talks Wedding Dress Shopping And More / VIDEO: Chris Brown & Wizkid Together On Stage / Charley Boy Gay ?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.