Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,458 members, 7,816,077 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 02:41 AM

Can I Use My American Drivers Licence In Nigeria? - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Can I Use My American Drivers Licence In Nigeria? (11450 Views)

Getting A Driver's Licence In Nigeria / Using UK Driving Licence In Nigeria. / Senate Slashes Number Plate Price To N8,400, Drivers’ Licence To N4,000 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can I Use My American Drivers Licence In Nigeria? by Shankboye(m): 4:10am On Jul 23, 2012
Hello mates, i will be in nigeria for a month and I have a valid us driving licence, do I still need a nigerian drivers licence?
Re: Can I Use My American Drivers Licence In Nigeria? by Enoquin(f): 8:45am On Jul 23, 2012
Can you use a Nigerian Driver's License in America? Or can you use a UK's driver's license in America?
If you are going to stay for a month, better don't drive or risk it and drive...if caught you are on your own!
Re: Can I Use My American Drivers Licence In Nigeria? by sooperrescue(m): 4:29am On Nov 17, 2012
Yes, you can use ur driver 's licence from the US in Nigeria. Make sure it is the International version of it. Go and obtain it there and that gives you access to our smooth roads.
Re: Can I Use My American Drivers Licence In Nigeria? by tundeajiba(m): 12:06pm On Mar 14, 2013
How about the non smooth road?
Re: Can I Use My American Drivers Licence In Nigeria? by USAutoBuy(m): 12:15pm On Mar 14, 2013
You certainly can do that but why do you want to open yourself up for extortion?

If you are stopped, and they found out its Foreign drivers license, all the avenues to extort you will be opened.

And if you have not driven on Nigeria road lately, i will advise you to be very careful. Driving in the States and Nigeria is like day and night

Get someone to drive you for few days while you try and get your own license or just let someone drive you for the whole time you are here.

Its only for a month

Good luck.
Re: Can I Use My American Drivers Licence In Nigeria? by Nobody: 9:50am On Jan 23, 2016
Yes you can use your valid us drivers license in Nigeria but only within a specific period of time pending when u r able 2 obtain UR national drivers license. If u must do dis,u must be able 2 defend ur self (outspoken) to avoid our road trafic wardens from delaying u un-neccessarily. Drive within our roads maximum speed limit.

(1) (Reply)

10 Interesting Images In The History Of Automobiles / See The Difference Between Bose Amazing Suspension & A Normal Car Suspension / Driving School + Driver's License In Abuja

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.