Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,194 members, 7,818,638 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:27 PM

Gogo Ombo, Nollywood Actor Is Dead! - Celebrities (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Gogo Ombo, Nollywood Actor Is Dead! (29834 Views)

Another Yoruba Actor Is Dead (picture) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Gogo Ombo, Nollywood Actor Is Dead! by saydfact(m): 1:22pm On Jul 23, 2012
R.I.P
Re: Gogo Ombo, Nollywood Actor Is Dead! by Nobody: 1:26pm On Jul 23, 2012
sure say baba God go allow this man enter heaven, make them no direct am go where them dey send all the boko Haram boy to oh, them for shave him bears before i go finally oh but any way RIP
Re: Gogo Ombo, Nollywood Actor Is Dead! by Orikinla(m): 1:28pm On Jul 23, 2012
dramatic speak: [img]http://4.bp..com/-XYRXk5F4mxc/UA0ZX8eePfI/AAAAAAAAV8E/VZLS7k52Vx8/s1600/Gogo+Ombo+Is+Dead.jpg[/img]
Veteran actor, Gogo Ombo is dead. It was confirmed that he died yesterday. This is so sad ...

If you don't remember this man, he featured in one of the most blockbuster movie to ever come out in Nollywood history "TI OLUWA NILE", by Tunde Kelani. The movie featured Kareem Adepoju popularly known as Baba Wande as the leading actor, and he also starred in “Dwelling in Bondage” with Ini Edo, Mike Ezuruonye amongst others.

There was a time i used to see him around my area, at LISABI HALL. He's easy going and funny ...

May his Soul Rest in Peace!

http://alabamauncut..com/2012/07/gogo-ombo-nollywood-actor-is-dead.html
http://www.nigeriafilms.com/news/18327/6/veteran-actor-gogo-ombo-dies-days-after-pastors-pr.html

He lived on the street behind Lisabi Hall in Ebute Metta, Lagos.

He was a leading member of our Puppet Drama Troupe from 1980 - 1984 when we produced the Puppet Drama for the Nigerian Television Authority (NTA) Channel 10 before the emergence of Nollywood. He was more prominent of stage than TV and travelled overseas for major roles in the plays done by Prof. Wole Soyinka, the famous Nobel Laureate in Literature. And the last time I saw him was on stage in Daniel O. Fagunwa's Ireke Onibudo of the annual Chams Theatre Series at the National Theatre, Iganmu, Lagos.

We will surely miss Gogo Ombo Gogo.

1 Like

Re: Gogo Ombo, Nollywood Actor Is Dead! by alongeyink(m): 1:29pm On Jul 23, 2012
Remii: R I p,, there goes the voice that always advertise Wale Adenuga's Super Story.
. Are u serious abi this.The voice is so unique and distinct.R.I.P
Re: Gogo Ombo, Nollywood Actor Is Dead! by gulfer: 1:30pm On Jul 23, 2012
Yorisb: Who's Gogo Ombo? Never heard of him....

@OP

Do you have another pix of him, even if its a mug shot?
The links for picture and source are on the post, so why the question? Anyway, since you are using a phone and unable to get the pages; i hereby help with the pix.

1 Like

Re: Gogo Ombo, Nollywood Actor Is Dead! by crackhouse(m): 1:38pm On Jul 23, 2012
Pls can sb post a colour pics of his? I still can't figure out who the man is.
Re: Gogo Ombo, Nollywood Actor Is Dead! by Kposkila: 1:43pm On Jul 23, 2012
RIP SIR.
Re: Gogo Ombo, Nollywood Actor Is Dead! by femi4: 1:47pm On Jul 23, 2012
rip

Re: Gogo Ombo, Nollywood Actor Is Dead! by stagger: 2:12pm On Jul 23, 2012
Gogo Ombo starred in some of the early movies on NTA PH in the late 1970s and early 80s. I actually watched some of them then.

Also starred in Mirror In the Sun (1984) when his character poisoned Lare Williams one episode, tried again only to get drugged himself when Lare Williams switched the teacup in the kitchen.

He also acted lately in Super Story. He has been around. One of the true seasoned actors. RIP
Re: Gogo Ombo, Nollywood Actor Is Dead! by alienware(m): 2:24pm On Jul 23, 2012
PortHarcourtBoy: For the fact say na Rivers man, i go say......RIP
what if no be rivers man ? Yeye boi
Re: Gogo Ombo, Nollywood Actor Is Dead! by Wised(m): 2:53pm On Jul 23, 2012
May his soul rest in peace
Re: Gogo Ombo, Nollywood Actor Is Dead! by littlehigher5: 2:53pm On Jul 23, 2012
may God comfort his family.
Re: Gogo Ombo, Nollywood Actor Is Dead! by bohboh275(m): 2:54pm On Jul 23, 2012
rip
Re: Gogo Ombo, Nollywood Actor Is Dead! by shanicemel(f): 3:00pm On Jul 23, 2012
Super1759: This man resemble amadioha,anyway RIP

LOL u funny ooo u don see amadioha before nawa for u ooo
R I P bros
Re: Gogo Ombo, Nollywood Actor Is Dead! by Revolva(m): 3:25pm On Jul 23, 2012
PortHarcourtBoy: For the fact say na Rivers man, i go say......RIP

Tribalist idiot

Damm Gogo looks like officer william robert aka Rick ross
Re: Gogo Ombo, Nollywood Actor Is Dead! by Nobody: 3:33pm On Jul 23, 2012
Now who will replace the guy that does the "ritualist" in the english movies??
Re: Gogo Ombo, Nollywood Actor Is Dead! by lolaluv1(f): 3:34pm On Jul 23, 2012
I think I saw him in Figurine. He acted as the priest of Araròmiré (a minor role as he was struck dead by his own god very early in the movie).
Methinks he did the voice over of the movie too.
Eeyah! May his soul rest in peace.
Re: Gogo Ombo, Nollywood Actor Is Dead! by MMM2(m): 3:39pm On Jul 23, 2012
Rip
Re: Gogo Ombo, Nollywood Actor Is Dead! by LordReed(m): 3:44pm On Jul 23, 2012
stagger: Gogo Ombo starred in some of the early movies on NTA PH in the late 1970s and early 80s. I actually watched some of them then.

Also starred in Mirror In the Sun (1984) when his character poisoned Lare Williams one episode, tried again only to get drugged himself when Lare Williams switched the teacup in the kitchen.

He also acted lately in Super Story. He has been around. One of the true seasoned actors. RIP

Was he the Gorimakpa character in Village Headmaster?
Re: Gogo Ombo, Nollywood Actor Is Dead! by yommy2sure(m): 3:59pm On Jul 23, 2012
lola.luv:
I think I saw him in Figurine. He acted as the priest of Araròmiré (a minor role as he was struck dead by his own god very early in the movie).
Methinks he did the voice over of the movie too.
Eeyah! May his soul rest in peace.
I think so too...odigbose!
Re: Gogo Ombo, Nollywood Actor Is Dead! by Orikinla(m): 4:03pm On Jul 23, 2012
Yorisb: Who's Gogo Ombo? Never heard of him....

@OP

Do you have another pix of him, even if its a mug shot?

See a more detailed report on Gogo Ombo Googo on http://www.nigeriansreport.com/2012/07/wole-soyinka-loses-prominent-actor-gogo.html.

Re: Gogo Ombo, Nollywood Actor Is Dead! by SirWaybijo(m): 4:03pm On Jul 23, 2012
Very soon they'll say T.B Joshua predicted his death.RIP.
Re: Gogo Ombo, Nollywood Actor Is Dead! by blackmale(m): 4:12pm On Jul 23, 2012
r.i.p dude looks like rozayy though
Re: Gogo Ombo, Nollywood Actor Is Dead! by brixton: 4:22pm On Jul 23, 2012
RIP
Re: Gogo Ombo, Nollywood Actor Is Dead! by demmie1: 4:51pm On Jul 23, 2012
There goes another nollywood teacher. RIP.
Re: Gogo Ombo, Nollywood Actor Is Dead! by Ozerokate: 5:47pm On Jul 23, 2012
will miss u so much in movies. R.i.p
Re: Gogo Ombo, Nollywood Actor Is Dead! by DECOtech(m): 5:55pm On Jul 23, 2012
crusufixo: yeah, I know his face from the nollywood movies. So sad !!!!!, R.I.P. But wats up with nollywood actors / actresses dying these days ?.
just creating space for new artistes.
Re: Gogo Ombo, Nollywood Actor Is Dead! by Dwizzy1(m): 5:57pm On Jul 23, 2012
May his soul rest in peace.he has gone 2 join other nollywood actors (sam loco)
Re: Gogo Ombo, Nollywood Actor Is Dead! by chucky234(m): 7:58pm On Jul 23, 2012
pembisco: D man is always a native doctor or 1 leader of a cult group 4 movie, r.i.p sha
Ocultic people don use am for sacrifies,RIP Gogo
Re: Gogo Ombo, Nollywood Actor Is Dead! by Emmyk(m): 8:19pm On Jul 23, 2012
rip
Re: Gogo Ombo, Nollywood Actor Is Dead! by shadrach77: 9:55pm On Jul 23, 2012
rip - his full name is ombo gogo ombo
Re: Gogo Ombo, Nollywood Actor Is Dead! by gulfer: 6:05am On Jul 24, 2012
Lord_Reed:

Was he the Gorimakpa character in Village Headmaster?
can someone answer this question cos if he was, then that's another of the village headmaster gone. RIP.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

'Oprah Lied" - Salesgirl Accused Of Racist Comment / Teebillz Reacts To Harrysong's Depression Saga / E-money And His Sons In Blonde Hairstyle (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.