Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,786 members, 7,837,855 topics. Date: Thursday, 23 May 2024 at 11:39 AM

Help Me Choose A Religion - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Help Me Choose A Religion (2177 Views)

Ex Muslim: Qur'an Revealed A Religion I Did Not Like / Atheism Is A Religion / Christianity: A Religion Or A 'Way Of Life'? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help Me Choose A Religion by Babalegba(m): 9:39pm On Jul 23, 2012
Hi fellow Nigerians, it has now become very obvious to me that we have an incompetent president misruling the country and as a result there is no hope for the average Nigerian unless he is
crooked and benefits from corruption. Like many Nigerians i'm giving up on things ever being better in this life and pinning my hopes on the next life.Please advise me on the best religion to follow. Please do not recommend religions that involve too many changes to my lifestyle or nudge me to give my hardearned to smoothtalking conmen. Thank you all.
Re: Help Me Choose A Religion by Logicbwoy: 9:49pm On Jul 23, 2012
Why must you have a religion?

1 Like

Re: Help Me Choose A Religion by tobechi74: 11:03pm On Jul 23, 2012
Nairaland shud help u chuse a religion

then facebook wil help u choose u wife then

eskimono wil help u chuse a job

then 2go wil help u choose a car

mtcheeeew

1 Like

Re: Help Me Choose A Religion by truthislight: 11:20pm On Jul 23, 2012
Logicbwoy: Why must you have a religion?

guy, u are the first to respond to about 90% of the new thread on this religious forum.
why?
Is it ur plans to catched them young?
Then you are doing a good job.
Keep it up.
Re: Help Me Choose A Religion by Logicbwoy: 11:46pm On Jul 23, 2012
truthislight:

guy, u are the first to respond to about 90% of the new thread on this religious forum.
why?
Is it ur plans to catched them young?
Then you are doing a good job.
Keep it up.

LIES
Re: Help Me Choose A Religion by Nobody: 8:37am On Jul 24, 2012
OP

No one can help u out. Help yourself bro
Re: Help Me Choose A Religion by ghostofsparta(m): 1:33pm On Jul 24, 2012
tobechi74: Nairaland shud help u chuse a religion

then facebook wil help u choose u wife then

eskimono wil help u chuse a job

then 2go wil help u choose a car

mtcheeeew

Oh! We see that's how you went about yours, and because it didn't work out....you mtcheeew
Re: Help Me Choose A Religion by ghostofsparta(m): 1:37pm On Jul 24, 2012
Babalegba: Hi fellow Nigerians, it has now become very obvious to me that we have an incompetent president misruling the country and as a result there is no hope for the average Nigerian unless he is
crooked and benefits from corruption. Like many Nigerians i'm giving up on things ever being better in this life and pinning my hopes on the next life.Please advise me on the best religion to follow. Please do not recommend religions that involve too many changes to my lifestyle or nudge me to give my hardearned to smoothtalking conmen. Thank you all.

Yo bro! You don't need any f***ing religion to be acceptable by the society and to yourself.

Be an atheist like me towards all religion but as an African, embrace neo-paganism for protection and guidance in this war zone called Nigeria.
Re: Help Me Choose A Religion by PastorAIO: 2:24pm On Jul 24, 2012
Are you sure that you've not already chosen your religion, Mr. Babalegba? Why don't you go and stand on the crossroads where you belong and start collecting sacrifices from people? That will help you find your way.
Re: Help Me Choose A Religion by PAGAN9JA(m): 5:25pm On Jul 24, 2012
ghostofsparta:

Yo bro! You don't need any f***ing religion to be acceptable not to the society but to yourself.

Be an atheist like me towards all religion but as an African, embrace neo-paganism for protection and guidance in this war zone called Nigeria.

not neo-Paganism. that is white rubbish like Thelema, Wicca, Adonism, etc. Embrace Traditional Tribal Paganism. that is the real thing.
Re: Help Me Choose A Religion by ghostofsparta(m): 8:09pm On Jul 24, 2012
PAGAN 9JA:

not neo-Paganism. that is white rubbish like Thelema, Wicca, Adonism, etc. Embrace Traditional Tribal Paganism. that is the real thing.

What I mean by Neo-paganism is exactly the same with what you mean by TTP but my usage of 'neo' isn't Thelema, Wicca(old pagan) or Adonism but a revamped version of TTP to suit modern time.
Re: Help Me Choose A Religion by DevotedOne(m): 8:57pm On Jul 24, 2012
In The Name of Allah, The Eternal, The Almighty; Blessed Be HE Forevermore.
Peace Be Upon You Everyone.

It would seem [to me, anyway] that the choice is quite easy. I also follow Sufism, to some extent. And btw, I admire what is happening in Kano City, (see 3rd video below).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r5sc12L7hoE&feature=related Black Shia
Muslims-Nigeria

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ON3iQUouUeI&feature=related Muharram in Nigeria 2

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m0NfPWMOAJk&feature=related Sufi Chants from Northern Nigeria, Kano City, Field recorded by Abdalla Uba Adamu

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nPEgVl7Q414&feature=related People Coming to the true islam:Shias around the world

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=apW7Fvm1nEs&feature=related Shiite-Islam in Africa growing extremely

Salaam/Peace. DevotedOne
Re: Help Me Choose A Religion by OLAADEGBU(m): 9:30pm On Jul 24, 2012
Babalegba:

Hi fellow Nigerians, it has now become very obvious to me that we have an incompetent president misruling the country and as a result there is no hope for the average Nigerian unless he is

Follow Christ Jesus because He is the way, truth and life.

Re: Help Me Choose A Religion by Ptolomeus(m): 10:38pm On Jul 24, 2012
Everyone must choose his path. I only tell you to avoid foreign religions, religions whose sole purpose is profit and exploitation.
Diezmistas shepherds living at the expense of the faithful ... Make sure you are well away from all that!
They are vampires, thirsty for human blood!
Re: Help Me Choose A Religion by PAGAN9JA(m): 5:19am On Jul 25, 2012
ghostofsparta:

What I mean by Neo-paganism is exactly the same with what you mean by TTR but my usage of 'neo' isn't Thelema, Wicca(old pagan) or Adonism but a revamped version of TTR to suit modern time.

ok that is good. but i dont see anything wrong with the old ATR to be honest. ofcourse, ATR has good scope for expanding religious sciences just like modern-day Hinduism and Buddhism do, like the compiling of new treatises, interpretations, etc. .
Re: Help Me Choose A Religion by PAGAN9JA(m): 5:20am On Jul 25, 2012
OLAADEGBU:

Follow Christ Jesus because He is the way, truth and life.

i have never seen that man. why should i follow him after all, hes a man. tongue
Re: Help Me Choose A Religion by OLAADEGBU(m): 7:25am On Jul 25, 2012
PAGAN 9JA:

i have never seen that man. why should i follow him after all, hes a man. tongue

We walk by faith and not by sight for the just shall live by faith. Our risen Lord Jesus Christ is God/Man and He is alive. Allow Him to reign in your life.

Re: Help Me Choose A Religion by PAGAN9JA(m): 7:41am On Jul 25, 2012
OLAADEGBU:

We walk by faith and not by sight for the just shall live by faith.

you know there is a word for that. it is called blind faith. .

OLAADEGBU: Our risen Lord Jesus Christ is God/Man and He is alive. Allow Him to reign in your life.

A God-Man why should i let him rule over me i have goodluck jonathan for that. tongue
Re: Help Me Choose A Religion by OLAADEGBU(m): 8:18am On Jul 25, 2012
PAGAN 9JA:

you know there is a word for that. it is called blind faith. .

This is what is called blind faith and not Christianity.

Re: Help Me Choose A Religion by ghostofsparta(m): 12:49pm On Jul 25, 2012
PAGAN 9JA:

ok that is good. but i dont see anything wrong with the old ATR to be honest. ofcourse, ATR has good scope for expanding religious sciences just like modern-day Hinduism and Buddhism do, like the compiling of new treatises, interpretations, etc. .

I have modified my post....I meant TTP not TTR i.e. Traditional Tribal Paganism

(1) (Reply)

Mallam El-rufai Attacks Jesus Christ On Twitter. / Preachers Of L.A.’: New Reality Show Sparks Major Controversy Among Christians / Pics: Difference Between How Muslim & Christians Train Their Children

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.