Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,273 members, 7,836,228 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 11:49 PM

Why I Lack Confidence In The National Assembly-by Ferdinand Ekeoma. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why I Lack Confidence In The National Assembly-by Ferdinand Ekeoma. (551 Views)

PDP Wins Ife Central (osun State) House Of Assembly By-election / Photos Of Nnamdi Kanu In Court Toady: ''I Have No Confidence In This Court'' / Police release NEW VIDEO: Extraordinary Scenes Inside Nigeria National Assembly (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why I Lack Confidence In The National Assembly-by Ferdinand Ekeoma. by comradefery: 12:30am On Jul 24, 2012
Their contituency offices hardly function untill election period, They fixed their own Salaries and Allowances, against what the law says, they were alleged to have taken bribe from governors before rejecting the Uwais report which recommended that INEC and not state electoral commissions should be conducting L.G elections, for fear of going to jail, they also rejected another great recommendation from the Uwais report which requested for the establishment of special courts for EFCC to enable for speedy trials of suspects.....Then I rhetorically ask; how can you be a lawmaker, and turn back to break the law by fixing your own salary? How can there be transparency and development in the rural areas when governors hand pick their psychophants and thugs as L.G chairmen? How can corruption be fought when courts are jampacked with countless cases, thus frustrating and and forcing judges to grant frivolous applications and adjournments aimed at killing cases? Because of these avoidable dishonorable deficiences, I have no confidence in the National Assembly!
Re: Why I Lack Confidence In The National Assembly-by Ferdinand Ekeoma. by Kobojunkie: 1:01am On Jul 24, 2012
If you lack confidence in your representative, all you need do is canvas for the recall of said representative. You hired them . . .you can fire them. And no, it will NOT HAPPEN UNLESS YOU ACTUAL take advantage of the legal framework that allows you to do that.
Re: Why I Lack Confidence In The National Assembly-by Ferdinand Ekeoma. by kpokute: 1:22am On Jul 24, 2012
Kobojunkie: If you lack confidence in your representative, all you need do is canvas for the recall of said representative. You hired them . . .you can fire them. And no, it will NOT HAPPEN UNLESS YOU ACTUAL take advantage of the legal framework that allows you to do that.
How many are you going to recall, we are talking about collective inefficiency of law makers here. The court had earlier ruled that they don't have the powers to do that, but they have continued to enjoy the self fixed salaries!
Re: Why I Lack Confidence In The National Assembly-by Ferdinand Ekeoma. by Kobojunkie: 3:26am On Jul 24, 2012
kpokute: How many are you going to recall, we are talking about collective inefficiency of law makers here. The court had earlier ruled that they don't have the powers to do that, but they have continued to enjoy the self fixed salaries!

Start by recalling one first, your own! If other people are equally displeased with their own representatives, they should also recall theirs. That is how it works.

Again, sitting down and doing nothing to change the situation isn't going to make you look saner.
Re: Why I Lack Confidence In The National Assembly-by Ferdinand Ekeoma. by Turbocharged: 5:31am On Jul 24, 2012
Kobojunkie: If you lack confidence in your representative, all you need do is canvas for the recall of said representative. You hired them . . .you can fire them. And no, it will NOT HAPPEN UNLESS YOU ACTUAL take advantage of the legal framework that allows you to do that.
Better go & sleep so dat the drug will clear from ur eyes.
Re: Why I Lack Confidence In The National Assembly-by Ferdinand Ekeoma. by inspirenet: 5:36am On Jul 24, 2012
Turbocharged:
Better go & sleep so dat the drug will clear from ur eyes.

smiley

(1) (Reply)

Boko Haram insurgence is a stragegy for looters / CPC Merger, Plan Faces Stiff Challenges / Why I Resigned As PDP BOT Chairman- Obasanjo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.