Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,112 members, 7,811,129 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 01:14 AM

Are Muslims Truly More Than Christians In Nigeria? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Are Muslims Truly More Than Christians In Nigeria? (19868 Views)

Muslims Will Go To Heaven More Than Christians If... / Kenyan Muslims Shield And Protect Christians In Mandera Bus Attack / Atheists Are More "Moral" Than Christians/muslims (the Evidence). Do You Accept? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Are Muslims Truly More Than Christians In Nigeria? by tomakint: 1:04pm On Jul 24, 2012
The above questions have been flying around for a long time now, the Muslim North because of their expansive landmass have always thought that should mean bigger populations than any other parts of the country. They have been living under this false belief for a long time to come, but this is erroneous to me especially when one considers the fact that many Muslims are fast turning to Christians at an exponential rate just check out the numbers of Wasius, Mojeeds, Akeems, Ibrahims, Aishats, Maryams, etc that are all over our Churches and you will marvel at what the ratio of Christians to Muslims will be in Nigeria of today! According to “Bible Probe” a few years ago, Al-Jazeera reported that roughly six million Muslims are leaving Islam and becoming followers of Jesus every year in Africa.
I wouldn’t mind if someone can supply the current ratio between the two (Of course, except it has been updated. The last time I checked, Muslims were higher in percentage - 2006 statistics courtesy Encarta 2009 edition). I have a convinced feeling that Christians are more now!
Re: Are Muslims Truly More Than Christians In Nigeria? by Nobody: 7:24pm On Jul 24, 2012
tomakint: The above questions have been flying around for a long time now, the Muslim North because of their expansive landmass have always thought that should mean bigger populations than any other parts of the country. They have been living under this false belief for a long time to come, but this is erroneous to me especially when one considers the fact that many Muslims are fast turning to Christians at an exponential rate just check out the numbers of Wasius, Mojeeds, Akeems, Ibrahims, Aishats, Maryams, etc that are all over our Churches and you will marvel at what the ratio of Christians to Muslims will be in Nigeria of today! According to “Bible Probe” a few years ago, Al-Jazeera reported that roughly six million Muslims are leaving Islam and becoming followers of Jesus every year in Africa.
I wouldn’t mind if someone can supply the current ratio between the two (Of course, except it has been updated. The last time I checked, Muslims were higher in percentage - 2006 statistics courtesy Encarta 2009 edition). I have a convinced feeling that Christians are more now!
and i read online this statement and it gets me puzzled "mainly muslim north and largely christian and animist south"? Are they basing it on ratio or what? I was also puzzled when i went to southern kaduna and saw names of childern comfort mohammed.
Re: Are Muslims Truly More Than Christians In Nigeria? by member10: 6:03am On Jul 25, 2012
tomakint: The above questions have been flying around for a long time now, the Muslim North because of their expansive landmass have always thought that should mean bigger populations than any other parts of the country. They have been living under this false belief for a long time to come, but this is erroneous to me especially when one considers the fact that many Muslims are fast turning to Christians at an exponential rate just check out the numbers of[b] Wasius, Mojeeds, Akeems, Ibrahims, Aishats, Maryams,[/b] etc that are all over our Churches and you will marvel at what the ratio of Christians to Muslims will be in Nigeria of today! According to “Bible Probe” a few years ago, Al-Jazeera reported that roughly six million Muslims are leaving Islam and becoming followers of Jesus every year in Africa.
From the bolded, its obviously thoes yoruba "muslims" that from the begining did not take the islam religion seriously. They where just going by it but were never truely muslims.
Now to your question, I believe it should be fairly even now. Even though you'd expect muslims to be more because of tradition and religious beliefs. Like it being legal for a muslim to marry up to 4 wives n a chisrtan just 1. The muslims especially those of norther nigeria have a lot of children etc.

1 Like

Re: Are Muslims Truly More Than Christians In Nigeria? by tomakint: 10:55am On Jul 26, 2012
كلورين:
From the bolded, its obviously thoes yoruba "muslims" that from the begining did not take the islam religion seriously. They where just going by it but were never truely muslims.
Now to your question, I believe it should be fairly even now. Even though you'd expect muslims to be more because of tradition and religious beliefs. Like it being legal for a muslim to marry up to 4 wives n a chisrtan just 1. The muslims especially those of norther nigeria have a lot of children etc.

on the issue of more than one wife to a muslim,you know its a practise some muslims are shelving aside especially from the educated side, but Iam talking about the exponential rate of muslim converting to christianity which is in large volume, that is what I am premising my argument on
Re: Are Muslims Truly More Than Christians In Nigeria? by Ptolomeus(m): 9:25pm On Jul 26, 2012
It matter that the question?
Africa wake up sooner or later, and foreign gods, colonialists and slavers return to their real homes, swimming or crossing the desert.
The rest are statistics.
My respects.
Re: Are Muslims Truly More Than Christians In Nigeria? by Jenwitemi(m): 9:43pm On Jul 26, 2012
That they higher population count than the southerners i seriously doubt. Whether they are more populous than the christians, i do not know because not all southerners are christians.
tomakint: The above questions have been flying around for a long time now, the Muslim North because of their expansive landmass have always thought that should mean bigger populations than any other parts of the country. They have been living under this false belief for a long time to come, but this is erroneous to me especially when one considers the fact that many Muslims are fast turning to Christians at an exponential rate just check out the numbers of Wasius, Mojeeds, Akeems, Ibrahims, Aishats, Maryams, etc that are all over our Churches and you will marvel at what the ratio of Christians to Muslims will be in Nigeria of today! According to “Bible Probe” a few years ago, Al-Jazeera reported that roughly six million Muslims are leaving Islam and becoming followers of Jesus every year in Africa.
Re: Are Muslims Truly More Than Christians In Nigeria? by member10: 8:51am On Jul 27, 2012
tomakint:

on the issue of more than one wife to a muslim,you know its a practise some muslims are shelving aside especially from the educated side, but Iam talking about the exponential rate of muslim converting to christianity which is in large volume, that is what I am premising my argument on

You obviously don't stay in northern nigeria. Both educated and ilitrate still marry more that one if they wish, its not being reduced because of civilization or mordern age or anything like that but because of economic circumstances.
To your conversion question.
I think you are exaggerating a bit, am sure you can't count more than 20 that reverted to your church. However, It still goes back to my first reply. Those that were never really muslims to begin with. Just bared the title muslims but never really practice. Those kind of people are mostly found in the western part of nigeria, just as thoes names you mentioned suggest. (There are obviously other reasons)

1 Like

Re: Are Muslims Truly More Than Christians In Nigeria? by fumisko(f): 2:19am On Jul 30, 2012
Why won't there be?there are lots of almanjiris (permit me if this the write spelling) in the north roaming the roads. A man can give birth to 20 kids and the are all Muslims but how many Christians do you see do it like that (mark my words I didn't say there aren't Christians with large families, I said how many?) because there are some troublesome people here. So obviously it won't be a lie if they are much. Your talk now is to be getting the few almanjiris? Or much?on the roads gainfully employed or educated. I know what am saying I live in the north, before you start attacking
Re: Are Muslims Truly More Than Christians In Nigeria? by fumisko(f): 2:20am On Jul 30, 2012
Re: Are Muslims Truly More Than Christians In Nigeria? by tomakint: 12:11pm On Aug 07, 2012
fumisko:
Why won't there be?there are lots of almanjiris (permit me if this the write spelling) in the north roaming the roads. A man can give birth to 20 kids and the are all Muslims but how many Christians do you see do it like that (mark my words I didn't say there aren't Christians with large families, I said how many?) because there are some troublesome people here. So obviously it won't be a lie if they are much. Your talk now is to be getting the few almanjiris? Or much?on the roads gainfully employed or educated. I know what am saying I live in the north, before you start attacking

Since you know what you are talking about, no wahala! I am basing my opinion that Christians are more based on the rate at which Muslims are converting to Christianity!
Re: Are Muslims Truly More Than Christians In Nigeria? by blaqoracle: 6:28pm On Aug 21, 2012
Don't waste your time, the northern nigeria has a population..far more than that of southern nigeria

1. The marry very early
2. they marry many wives.
3.they occupy a larger land area.
4.they have more boundary-neighbour
5.they are more hardworking
Re: Are Muslims Truly More Than Christians In Nigeria? by tomakint: 4:39pm On Aug 23, 2012
blaqoracle: Don't waste your time, the northern nigeria has a population..far more than that of southern nigeria

1. The marry very early

Trust me your assertion here may look like 'living in the spirit of the past' as entrenched in our system by the wicked British. Take a look around and do your statistics very well, Christians are far far more now! I hope I have not offended you by this noble and gospel truth?

2 Likes

Re: Are Muslims Truly More Than Christians In Nigeria? by Nobody: 9:04pm On Aug 23, 2012
Watching from sidelines cool
Re: Are Muslims Truly More Than Christians In Nigeria? by 2innocent(m): 3:57pm On May 05, 2013
blaqoracle: Don't waste your time, the northern nigeria has a population..far more than that of southern nigeria

1. The marry very early
i will totally agree with the first four assertions, but the fifth is totally wrong.if u doubt, try relocating to southern towns like onitsha.if u survive the hard work needed to sustain ur self, den m wrong. u sould ask ur self why southerners troop in to the north amidst the security challenges. simply because competition is less
Re: Are Muslims Truly More Than Christians In Nigeria? by blaqoracle: 7:00am On May 06, 2013
2innocent: i will totally agree with the first four assertions, but the fifth is totally wrong.if u doubt, try relocating to southern towns like onitsha.if u survive the hard work needed to sustain ur self, den m wrong. u sould ask ur self why southerners troop in to the north amidst the security challenges. simply because competition is less
DON'T EVER MISTAKE HONESTY AND MODEST NATURE OF THE NORTH AS A SIGN OF LAZINESS. THOSE IN ONITSHA, WHO ARE THEY COMPETING WITH? WHY ARE THEY COMPETING? AS OF TODAY, THE NORTH ARE CONTROLLING THE PUBLICAN IN THE NIGERIA SOCIETY.
Re: Are Muslims Truly More Than Christians In Nigeria? by tomakint: 9:15pm On May 07, 2013
2innocent: i will totally agree with the first four assertions, but the fifth is totally wrong.if u doubt, try relocating to southern towns like onitsha.if u survive the hard work needed to sustain ur self, den m wrong. u sould ask ur self why southerners troop in to the north amidst the security challenges. simply because competition is less
Do you still believe Muslims are more than Christians in this present Nigeria going by your analysis?
Re: Are Muslims Truly More Than Christians In Nigeria? by officialyusuf: 10:57am On Mar 31, 2015
tomakint:
The above questions have been flying around for a long time now, the Muslim North because of their expansive landmass have always thought that should mean bigger populations than any other parts of the country. They have been living under this false belief for a long time to come, but this is erroneous to me especially when one considers the fact that many Muslims are fast turning to Christians at an exponential rate just check out the numbers of Wasius, Mojeeds, Akeems, Ibrahims, Aishats, Maryams, etc that are all over our Churches and you will marvel at what the ratio of Christians to Muslims will be in Nigeria of today! According to “Bible Probe” a few years ago, Al-Jazeera reported that roughly six million Muslims are leaving Islam and becoming followers of Jesus every year in Africa.
what did you check?

(1) (Reply)

Ambode, Osinbajo, At Bishop Okonkwo's Birthday Thanksgiving (Photos) / Foluke Adeboye Celebrates Her 70th Birthday (Photos) / Pentecostals Bash Catholics Yet They Celebrate Valentine The Most

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.