Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,312 members, 7,829,741 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 11:13 AM

Arraignment Of Fuel Subsidy Fraudsters Adjourned - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Arraignment Of Fuel Subsidy Fraudsters Adjourned (3842 Views)

Orji Uzor Kalu’s Re-arraignment: Court Fixes May 16 / Biafra VS Boko Haram. Pix Of Their Arraignment / Nyako And Son In Court For Arraignment By EFCC (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Arraignment Of Fuel Subsidy Fraudsters Adjourned by mukina2: 12:54pm On Jul 25, 2012
A Lagos High Court has adjourned the arraignment of the first batch of oil subsidy fraud suspects till Thursday after one of the accused persons failed to appear in court.

While three of the suspects was in court, one stayed away.

While adjourning the case till Thursday, the judge said all the accused persons must be in court for the arraignment.

The lawyer to the EFCC also requested the court to fix the arraignment for Thursday to enable the Attorney General of the Federation to personally appear in court.

The second batch of suspects would be arraigned before Justice Adeniyi Onigbanjo by 1 p.m.

The Economic and Financial Crimes Commission had on Tuesday unveiled the first group of 20 suspected fraudsters billed for arraignment over their involvement in the subsidy scam.

The suspects include Mahmud Tukur, the son of the national chairman of the ruling Peoples Democratic Party, Bamanga Tukur.

Mahmud is managaing director of Eterna Oil, which has as board chair, the vice-presidential candidate of the Action Congress of Nigeria in the 2011 election, Fola Adeola.

http://premiumtimesng.com/business/6214-court_adjourns_arraignment_of_subsidy_fraudsters.html
Re: Arraignment Of Fuel Subsidy Fraudsters Adjourned by mkmyers45(m): 12:57pm On Jul 25, 2012
for the sake of all that is good and right...i hope this fraudsters are prosecuted to the full length of the law...
Re: Arraignment Of Fuel Subsidy Fraudsters Adjourned by okosodo: 1:03pm On Jul 25, 2012
They will never be persecuted, in fact they set this up to siphon more. In Nigeria , we all know that the punishment for stealing billions is being awarded CON,CFR, or OFR
Re: Arraignment Of Fuel Subsidy Fraudsters Adjourned by stepo707: 1:09pm On Jul 25, 2012
why am i not surprised? angry angry
Re: Arraignment Of Fuel Subsidy Fraudsters Adjourned by Nobody: 1:16pm On Jul 25, 2012
I really hope justice will take its full course in this case...so far EFCC has done well
Re: Arraignment Of Fuel Subsidy Fraudsters Adjourned by ebamma(m): 1:16pm On Jul 25, 2012
im tired of reading about this subsidy loots on the front page,afterall its just paper talk,none of them will go to jail.
Re: Arraignment Of Fuel Subsidy Fraudsters Adjourned by kelvincoll(m): 1:19pm On Jul 25, 2012
..........subscribing.. We would know our fate in Nigeria's Judiciary soon enough.
Re: Arraignment Of Fuel Subsidy Fraudsters Adjourned by AlhajiPastor: 1:23pm On Jul 25, 2012
I'm 100 percent sure all of them are from the South.
Re: Arraignment Of Fuel Subsidy Fraudsters Adjourned by opeayeni: 1:29pm On Jul 25, 2012
i said it earlier dat dis pple are deceiving dere self.
lets wait and see what we happen on Thursday.
NIGERIA ah!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Arraignment Of Fuel Subsidy Fraudsters Adjourned by cyril83(m): 1:30pm On Jul 25, 2012
The judgement is even batch by batch...chei nigeria is indeed cursed country....diz country need deliverance I swear
Re: Arraignment Of Fuel Subsidy Fraudsters Adjourned by chuks49(m): 1:33pm On Jul 25, 2012
If only we can adopt jungle justice system of fighting corruption cos I ve no faith in the way our judiciary is handling corruption.
Re: Arraignment Of Fuel Subsidy Fraudsters Adjourned by nomshu(m): 1:41pm On Jul 25, 2012
This is sad, are those guys above the law? yeye people only money they sabi steal. may dem go still boko haram wey dey kill people any how na!
Re: Arraignment Of Fuel Subsidy Fraudsters Adjourned by deandavid(m): 1:49pm On Jul 25, 2012
Alhaji Pastor :
yea tukur's son is from urhobo land. Monkey
Re: Arraignment Of Fuel Subsidy Fraudsters Adjourned by Claumy2(m): 1:50pm On Jul 25, 2012
Why is it that Boko boys has failed to wipe these criminals
Re: Arraignment Of Fuel Subsidy Fraudsters Adjourned by chuks49(m): 1:52pm On Jul 25, 2012
Alhaji Pastor :

Another reason aboki's shouldn't ve access to western technology.

2 Likes

Re: Arraignment Of Fuel Subsidy Fraudsters Adjourned by miteolu(m): 2:02pm On Jul 25, 2012
Adjournment will continue till the case is sweep under carpet. I trust Naija P.hd, M.sc, B.sc in Fraudsters
Re: Arraignment Of Fuel Subsidy Fraudsters Adjourned by niyiduke01(m): 2:21pm On Jul 25, 2012
Hear! Hear! Imagine Pdp chairman,s son and ACN vice presidential aspirant!!! Smh?? like i said in my earlier post...Nigeria political parties are like old wine in new bottles...Padi padi behind the scene...enemy infront of the gullible press and Nigerians....I know that by the grace of Almighty God..Nemesis and Law of Karma will catch up with them cos our judicial system are bunch of toothless bulldog...God Bless Nigeria...I rest my case.
Re: Arraignment Of Fuel Subsidy Fraudsters Adjourned by hoyehdiran: 2:23pm On Jul 25, 2012
Alhaji Pastor :

Nuisance!!! Tukur is from Niger Delta abi?

1 Like

Re: Arraignment Of Fuel Subsidy Fraudsters Adjourned by kaiter: 2:25pm On Jul 25, 2012
yeye people only money they sabi steal. may dem go still boko haram wey dey kill people any how na![img]http://www.demama.info/g.gif[/img]
Re: Arraignment Of Fuel Subsidy Fraudsters Adjourned by LordBabs(m): 3:41pm On Jul 25, 2012
Do we really need to prosecute them? Don't we have a firing squad to make it faster and easier? Demo crazy gan o!
Re: Arraignment Of Fuel Subsidy Fraudsters Adjourned by brownlord: 3:47pm On Jul 25, 2012
Alhaji Pastor :

How on earth did you get access to internet? am very sure Takurs from South or Abdusallam Abubakar is from Bayelsa , oh Facroock is an Edo criminal, i just wonder why aboki always reason like goat and cow

1 Like

Re: Arraignment Of Fuel Subsidy Fraudsters Adjourned by brownlord: 3:51pm On Jul 25, 2012
Anyone expecting that something good will comout from this rubbish can believe anything, not when PDP still in power, or their toy is still the president of Nigeria, except if they going to be arraign before the British court, if it is before our Nigeria judisharing, then you can wait till eternity
Re: Arraignment Of Fuel Subsidy Fraudsters Adjourned by saintade01(m): 4:41pm On Jul 25, 2012
ADJOURNMENT, ADJOURNMENT, ADJOURNMENT..... CASE CLOSED lipsrsealed
Re: Arraignment Of Fuel Subsidy Fraudsters Adjourned by wesley80(m): 7:03pm On Jul 25, 2012
When will some folks understand there's a difference between "persecute" and "prosecute"?
Re: Arraignment Of Fuel Subsidy Fraudsters Adjourned by karlmax2: 7:15pm On Jul 25, 2012
wesley80: When will some folks understand there's a difference between "persecute" and "prosecute"?
they are shocked to Ơ̴̴͡.̮Ơ̴̴̴͡ "prosecution"after" persecuting"the FG of not having the political will to prosecute the subsidy thieves.being the never Ơ̴̴͡.̮Ơ̴̴̴͡ anything Good in this government type!! They just have to continue the persecution of this goverment at all cost!!
Re: Arraignment Of Fuel Subsidy Fraudsters Adjourned by jpphilips(m): 7:31pm On Jul 25, 2012
mkmyers45: for the sake of all that is good and right...i hope this fraudsters are prosecuted to the full length of the law...

as if it returns the price of pms to 65naira. Why was this not done before the removal in part?
Or were they blind to this malfeasance all these while?
Re: Arraignment Of Fuel Subsidy Fraudsters Adjourned by Kobojunkie: 1:02am On Jul 26, 2012
I still do not understand why this is being made about INDIVIDUALS and not the COMPANIES and those in charge at those companies? undecided
Re: Arraignment Of Fuel Subsidy Fraudsters Adjourned by BeraBera(f): 9:43am On Jul 26, 2012
I can't wait for the fraudsters and criminals to be brought to book. This will serve as a deterrent to intending criminals.
Re: Arraignment Of Fuel Subsidy Fraudsters Adjourned by 2ndgeneral: 3:58pm On Jul 26, 2012
[quote
author=kaiter]yeye people only money they sabi steal. may dem go still
boko haram wey dey kill people any how
na![img]http://www.demama.info/g.gif[/img] [/quote]
Re: Arraignment Of Fuel Subsidy Fraudsters Adjourned by phildon: 5:05pm On Jul 26, 2012
Can we just stop discussing these guys and face other issues? These guys have gone with the money. Period! Who doesn't know that this government is an epitome of corruption?

(1) (Reply)

Jonathan Unleashes New Campaign Slogan / My Christmas campaign check To Buhari campaign (PIC) - Cramjones / Graphic Pictures Of Children Killed By Fulani In Barkin Ladi, Plateau State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.