Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,892 members, 7,828,152 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 03:28 AM

9ikks's Posts

Nairaland Forum / 9ikks's Profile / 9ikks's Posts

(1) (of 1 pages)

Travel / Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by 9ikks(f): 6:18pm On Nov 28, 2017
Iphy24:
Visa approved today.
Congratulations dear. I am very excited for you. God see you through your endeavours.
Travel / Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by 9ikks(f): 9:40am On Nov 27, 2017
Ijebuboy525:

You have to print your own copy, there is something like PRINTABLE page, click on it
OK thanks very much
Travel / Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by 9ikks(f): 7:03am On Nov 27, 2017
Am I supposed to print a copy of my appointment slip?. I have been trying to do that but couldn't get it printed
Travel / Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by 9ikks(f): 6:50am On Nov 27, 2017
OWJAYHOVERJNR:
Hello house,
Anybody admitted to Calums(California university of management and sciences) for MBA here?
Please p.m me,
Thanks.
I am
But don't know how to PM here
Travel / Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by 9ikks(f): 5:55am On Nov 25, 2017
Pls anyone in the house that chose Calums? Let's talk

1 Like

Travel / Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by 9ikks(f): 11:57am On Nov 21, 2017
TooMuchSauce:
My Visa Interview Experience Today (6:30 am, Lagos consulate)

The whole experience was surreal, the V.O was smiling for the substantial part of the interview, I got so relaxed at some point that I had my hands in my pocket; it's funny because I was really tensed before the interview started as I was the first to be interviewed by the man and I didn't know what to expect.

This thread provided me with all the information I needed, so it's only right that I contribute to it's continuity.

Things I did to keep me sane before the interview:
1) I prayed
2) I took a deep breath every once in a while
3) I had gum in my mouth to ease the tension
4) I tried to crack a smile every time I had a chance
5) I didn't pay any attention to the interview of people before me because I didn't want anything to mess with my head.

Interview:
VO: Hello good morning
Me: Good morning sir, thank you.
VO: So what school will you be attending in the US?
Me: University of Texas Arlington
VO: oh UT Arlington? (Briefly checked my I20)
Me: Yesssir
VO: Why did you choose UTArlington?
Me: There are three reasons I choose UTArlington over the other school that I got admitted to actually;
Firstly, I reached out to a particular professor, Dr. Ramtin Mandani who carries out research in the domain of nonlinear optimization of power systems and smart grids, and I think he was impressed with my test scores, so he agreed that I'd join his research group once I get on campus; and the research he is working on currently that borders around creating a mathematical model for solving large scale optimization problem is a fantastic research that I look forward to being a part of.
Secondly, I needed a school that offers the degree as an open ended program that would enable me take courses from other specialization subfields of electrical engineering like renewable energy and vehicular technology and MEMS
(He wanted to cut me at this point, I just kept going lol)
Finally, the humid subtropical weather in Texas is close what we experience here in Nigeria, so...yes! It won't be an issue settling in and starting my studies (he smiled and nodded in agreement)
VO: what programming language would you be using for your research?
Me: Matlab (although matlab isn't a programming language per se, I said matlab cos I mentioned something about running simulations with matlab in DS160, so...)
VO: Who will be paying for your schooling?
Me: My dad
VO: what does he do?
Me: He owns a company that deals in importation of electrical cables and supplies across the country.
V.O: Your undergraduate degree was in?
Me: Electrical Engineering
VO: And your masters is in Electrical Engineering too right?
Me: Yes.
VO: Did you have to write any test to get in?
Me: Yes I wrote the GRE and the TOEFL
V.O: How did you do on the GRE?
Me: Told him my score
VO: And TOEFL?
Me: Told him my score
VO: Did you apply to any other school?
Me: Yes
VO: can you mention them?
Me: UNCC and MSU.
VO: And you got admitted to all?
Me: I was admitted into UNCC but not MSU
VO: So what would you be doing after getting the degree?
Me: I would be taking up a lecturing position at my alma mata where I currently work as a research assistant, then after working solely as a lecturer for five years, I would broaden my horizon by juggling that with providing consultancy services in the electrical power industry.
VO: And you worked in NNPC for a while? (He saw it on my DS160)
Me: Yes sir, I was an intern
VO: was it like a summer internship or something, what was the duration?
Me: It lasted for six months.

He typed for a while; and...... Well, you know the rest. Lol
Congratulations dear. Well I see confidence even from this transcript of yours

1 Like

Travel / Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by 9ikks(f): 6:33pm On Nov 13, 2017
Drocks:
Gurus in the house please I need you guys to MOCK the hell outta me.....i beg una o my interview is fast approaching. God bless.

Whatsapp no: 080885502372
Same here
Travel / Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by 9ikks(f): 7:20am On Nov 13, 2017
[color=#000099][/color]
ebay77:
Yea mangoro

yes. Dopemu

(1) (of 1 pages)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.