Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,174,634 members, 7,892,574 topics. Date: Wednesday, 17 July 2024 at 01:56 PM

9ja2sweden's Posts

Nairaland Forum / 9ja2sweden's Profile / 9ja2sweden's Posts

(1) (of 1 pages)

Education / Sweden's Master And Bachelor's Degree Application For The 2023/2024 Year Is Open by 9ja2sweden: 4:16pm On Oct 23, 2022
Hello guys,

Wishing you warm regards from Sweden!

Do you want to learn more about Swedish's Universities, it's study opportunities and how to make a successful application? Do you know Sweden is one of the richess countries in the world with high per capital income and social freebies. Join my upcoming webinar and Q&A sessions on 5th November! This is a great opportunity to engage with scholars in person and get answers to your questions about Swedish Universities and the application process! It's all free and kindly inform as many as possible

Comment and keep this thread open so we have as many persons as possible!

We all must Japa next year. Follow my Japa movement thread on youtube and Instagram

Shadrach obene
Nairaland / General / Swedish Scholarship Review by 9ja2sweden: 5:29pm On Jan 27, 2022
The Swedish government scholarship opens for application in February for applicants who have applied for admissions between Oct and Jan.

We are a team of scholars who help applicants with reviewing their scholarship applications..

If you need our professional service, send us a mail
shob0001@stud.slu.se
Nairaland / General / Re: Thread About The Swedish Government Scholarship. Is This Scholarship Guaranteed? by 9ja2sweden: 12:16am On Jan 09, 2022
Scholarship seekers leave your comment
Nairaland / General / Thread About The Swedish Government Scholarship. Is This Scholarship Guaranteed? by 9ja2sweden: 12:14am On Jan 09, 2022
In 2022 the Swedish Institute will grant about 350 scholarships for master's degree studies in Sweden. See if you are eligible for the Swedish Institute Scholarship for Global Professionals by asking questions on this thread about the Swedish government scholarship.

The programme is funded by the Swedish Ministry for Foreign Affairs. It offers you a unique opportunity to develop both professionally and academically, experience Swedish society and culture, and build a long-lasting relationship with Sweden and other scholarship holders.

What you get as a scholarship holder:

1. Tuition fees are fully covered, the ministry of foreign affairs pays the cost directly to your Swedish university at the start of each semester.
2. Monthly payment of SEK 10,000 ($1100) will be made to support your living expenses throughout the study time.
3. Insurance against illness and injury.
4. Travel grant of SEK 15,000 ($1700) for the entire study period. Return flight from your home country.

CC lasticia

No obligation to return back to your home country.

The deadline for application is admission is Jan 17th.

We are a community of individuals who have gone through similar processes and won this award, and we are now assisting those who are following in our footsteps by providing information that will help them present great applications for this scholarship.

if you need help, reach out to me shob0001@stud.slu.se

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x1xI_RApRh4
Travel / Re: Inquire On Best Way To Relocate My Family To Ireland by 9ja2sweden: 1:52am On Dec 21, 2021
Hi OP,

Ireland truly has a vibrant and progressive economy but immigration laws for family are rather not so friendly. Though language is very important but the most important factor to consider is the immigration policies.

I would suggest you consider other EU countries with better immigration laws and good social system. If I would make recommendations I would suggest Sweden sometimes considered the capital of Scandinavia.

The immigration laws in Sweden seem to be one the best among the European nations. She had the second highest number of immigrant during the Arab crisis in 2015. Today almost 30% of the population are Arab and Africans.

The process to becoming permanent resident is still so friendly. The business route seem to be the very best route as it takes 2 years to get a PR, while work permit route takes 4 years and lastly marriage takes 3 years.

Now let's take a more detailed look at the some of the immigration policies. Relocating your family on a student visa is so easy either through a bachelor's, Master's or PhD cycle. Now here is the catch, whoever is the dependent applicant can study in Sweden for free. You also get paid monthly for each child and your children go to school for free. Your children get free bus ticket, hospitals are free once you have a job.

If you doubt this information you can search them on the Internet. Currently I'm a recipient of the Swedish government scholarship and also an educational consultant. If you desire to move to Sweden you join my ongoing prepclass for 2021/2022 session. This what you stand to gain

1. How to avoid mistakes that can cost you admission/scholarship.

2. How to select the least competitive Master’s programmes.

3. How to understand the ECTS credit requirements for each course.

4. How to accurately fill the required documents for the scholarship: motivation letter, CV, reference letter, proof of work & leadership experience.

5. How to correctly apply on the admissions and scholarship website.

6. How to apply and win between 50% - 100% university tuition fee waivers, even if you lose out on the Swedish government scholarship.

7. How to position yourself for a job/PhD in Sweden before you finish your Master's studies.

8. How to attain permanent residence and citizenship in Sweden, through the Master's studies route.

You can google my name Shadrach obene.
Shoot me an email if you desire to relocate to Sweden shob0001@stud.slu.se

2 Likes

Education / Re: What Are The Benefits Of Studying In Sweden As An International Student by 9ja2sweden: 10:50pm On Dec 14, 2021
I will be sharing more info about Studying in Sweden

2 Likes

Education / What Are The Benefits Of Studying In Sweden As An International Student by 9ja2sweden: 10:47pm On Dec 14, 2021
Being an international student in Sweden, I can share some advantages from my own experience

1. If you are on a dependent Visa you are actually exempted from paying fees to study your higher education. You are exempted from paying tuition fees. You can write me for me details about this opportunity.

2. Equality. Both the system and people treat you equally and respect you no matter who you are and where you come from. The rules and regulations are common for everyone.

3. Medical expenses are subsidized and even international students are covered under some medical insurance where you need to pay very little. Hospitals are mostly run by the government.

4. So many companies have their headquarters in Sweden like IKEA, Volvo, SKF. Added to that, there are more MNCs operating from Sweden. So the job market is actually huge and they are looking for international talents from IT and engineering domains. To no surprise, the unemployment rate is quite low (less than 7 percent as per data from 2019). Finally, coming to the point, Swedish universities really have a good relationship with industries and hence doing internships and master thesis in a company is actually a part of most courses offered here.

5. SFI (Swedish for immigrants) offers free Swedish courses for people to learn and help them speak Swedish. They also provide certification if you clear specific level in language tests

6. The workload for students here is equally distributed. Also, students are given 3 attempts to write and clear their examinations. They can also try a second or third attempt to improve their grades. Results are highly confidential. No one will ask your grades and you actually don’t know is the class topper. This is really a good thing which helps to reduce the examination stress prevalent with students

7. The education system is flexible but structured. No one will do project work or study after 5 pm And during weekends. You learn things by doing and hence there will be so many practical sessions like literature seminars, guest lectures, lab sessions, workshops, events apart from the theory classes. It is expected that you are the only person responsible for your studies. You can’t simply blame others.

8. Sweden is really a peaceful country. Even in student apartments, it is much calmer like a library and this situation actually encourage you to be focused on what you are doing. Simply no distractions unless and until you allow them

9. People here are very friendly and helpful. Right from an unknown stranger to your lecturers, they are happy to help you out, clear your doubts if you wanna learn something new and if you wanna take part in the Swedish culture.

5 Likes

Nairaland / General / How Racist Is Sweden? by 9ja2sweden: 10:27pm On Dec 14, 2021
When you're trying to relocate to another country as a black person, one question to ask is how racist the host country is towards us, black people.

We cannot say because we're tired of situations in our country and in our honest search for a better life, we fall into the hands of people that hate us to the level of wanting to kill us.

That will be like jumping from frying pan to fire.

And racism was also one of the issues on my mind when I was considering which country I wanted to study in.

Now, there's one thing that Sweden did that endeared me to the country.

3 years ago, Sweden ran a campaign where anyone from any country of the world could call a number and speak with a random Swede.

Yeah, it was real.

The way it worked was, you call a special number and you'd be immediately routed to speak with a random Swedish person, just any Swede in the country going about their day.

No other country has ever done that.

The campaign has closed now, but it demonstrated to me how to open Sweden is towards people of other nationalities, no matter where they're from.

Another thing they did was quite remarkable.

At the height of the Syrian refugee crisis in 2015, Sweden received over 160,000 refugees from war-torn Middle East countries, looking for protection.

Alongside Germany, Sweden was one of the most preferred European destinations for refuge-seeking immigrants from Syria.

These were people from mostly Muslim backgrounds and Sweden opened its arms to them.

Swedish society is largely atheistic, most Swedes do not care about religion but there is freedom of religion.

Everyone is free to practice whatever religion they choose. There are churches here and there are mosques as well.

Now, am I saying there's no racism in Sweden?

Of course not.

Racism exists in every country of the world.

However, the fact is, the majority of humans are good beautiful people, and Swedish people are not an exception.

Follow me on this thread as tell you so much about the benefits of relocating to Sweden.

Some of the topics I will be discussing in the coming weeks are

1. 3 reasons why this process is easy
2. What's the next step to take
3. The two important websites to know
4. Required documents
5. These shouldn't stop you
Travel / Re: What Is Like Studying In Sweden As An African. A Nairalander Adventure In Sweden by 9ja2sweden: 3:41am On Jul 10, 2021
Different countries have different programs that allow people to stay or live within their borders.

The most popular routes for emigration include:

1. Work permit
2. Study permit for Bachelor's, Master's, PhD
3. Skills-based permanent residence programs

But, of all 3, I believe that getting a study permit or visa for studies is the easiest and least costly.

How did I come to this conclusion?

Different countries have different programs that allow people stay or live within their borders.

The most popular routes for emigration include:

1. Work permit
2. Study permit for Bachelor's, Master's, PhD
3. Skills-based permanent residence programs

But, of all 3, I believe that getting a study permit or visa for studies is the easiest and least costly.

How did I come to this conclusion?

I have 3 reasons.

Let's look at them together.

1. Difficulty getting a work permit from outside a country.

For most countries, you need to get a job first before you can even talk about applying for a work permit.

But the problem is, it's very difficult to get a job in all these countries when applying from outside that country.

For example, let's look at this scenario.

If you're an employer in a country and you want to hire people, who would you hire first? Someone who is already living in the country or someone who doesn't have any visa or permit to get into that country yet?

2. Cost of immigrating through skills-based permanent residence programs

It's really capital intensive when you consider all the money that's needed if you want to apply for skills-based permanent residence programs.

From the proof of funds to the cost of degree certificate evaluation and cost of medical exams, cost of IELTS test, etc

However, for Master's studies, you can even get funding for your studies from scholarships or graduate teaching/research assistantships.

3. Complexity of process immigrating through skills based permanent residence programs.

The process could be quite confusing and complex for skills based permanent residence programs.

If you've read about the Canada Express Entry program, at one time or the other, you must have been confused by all the technical terms about the process you need to be familiar with. ITA, FSW, PNP, NOC, AOR, ADR, PPR, CRS Score, etc

But for Master's studies, all you need is to get admitted and get funding.

20 Likes 2 Shares

Travel / What Is Like Studying In Sweden As An African. A Nairalander Adventure In Sweden by 9ja2sweden: 3:24am On Jul 10, 2021
Sweden is a wonderful place to live with its kind people, excellent public services, and corporate culture that encourages people to have a good work-life balance. It is no surprise that many people decide to move to Scandinavia’s largest country to enjoy all of the things that Sweden has to offer. However, there are some important things to know before moving to Sweden – useful and helpful things, the kind of knowledge that can make any move smoother. In this thread, I will be taking you on an adventure of what it is like to study in Sweden as an international student. I will be your host on this thread. You can watch some of the Videos I recently put up on youtube.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LrU_Oe7XdjA&t=1956s

CC: Lalastica and moderators

16 Likes 5 Shares

Career / Re: I'm Scared About My Future, Career Wise by 9ja2sweden: 8:33pm On Jun 08, 2021
I will be starting a thread on 9ja2Sweden tomorrow you can follow up this thread. In the meantime search facebook for Scholars Hub Network and write on the group wall. We can follow up from there
SOAG:

Boss greetings to you. I'm on the situation with the OP. Please kindly explain more on the steps to take on this Sweden road from 9ja. Your WhatsApp will also be appreciated

1 Like

Career / Re: I'm Scared About My Future, Career Wise by 9ja2sweden: 5:25pm On Jun 08, 2021
Hej, I was once like you in this situation thinking about what life holds for me. I was also the first of five siblings, meaning a lot of responsibility hinged on my shoulder. I graduated with a second class lower in Agricultural sciences which means I was literally almost not employable. I know what it feels like but to be in despair but I can reassure education is not a waste of time.

Firstly you might have to consider relocating abroad. Sweden is a great country to move over and you can pick up life from here. Secondly, education is the easiest route to migrate to Sweden from Nigeria. Why Sweden Sweden is the home of companies like Volvo, Scania, Ericsson, Tetra Pak, Skype, Spotify, IKEA, H&M, Electrolux. These are some of the biggest companies in the world and they're headquartered in Sweden. Now, what does that tell you about Sweden's economy?... Yeah, strong! They're even ranked the most innovative country in the European Union. Swedish higher education system is ranked top-5 in the world.

Your Swedish residence permit card for studies grants you visa-free travel to 26 countries in Europe including France, Italy, Germany, Holland, Switzerland, Belgium, Austria, Spain, Finland, Denmark, Norway and many others. All you have to do is buy your train, bus or flight tickets and get on board, no visits to any embassy. Even though this does not apply to the UK, Ireland and some other countries, but a visit to the Eiffel Tower of Paris, the fjords of Norway, the Alps of Austria or the home of Santa Claus in northern Finland should be enough to fulfill your tourist dreams.

Many people do not have the courage to take the necessary steps to achieving their dreams, but I can tell you Sweden is a great place to pick up your life again.

10 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (of 1 pages)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.