Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,141 members, 7,811,214 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 06:44 AM

Inquire On Best Way To Relocate My Family To Ireland - Travel (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Inquire On Best Way To Relocate My Family To Ireland (30556 Views)

How Can I Relocate My Family (4 Kids) To Canada? / Hours After Relocating To Ireland, Engineer Vows Never To Come Back To Nigeria / Before You Come To Ireland!!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Inquire On Best Way To Relocate My Family To Ireland by sorepco(m): 7:46pm On Dec 20, 2021
Go online n get the schools offering the programs you want to study. Then either call or send them the enquiries you have or broswe their websites.

v
kojoja7300:
How can I apply for admission into universities in Finland from Nigeria
Re: Inquire On Best Way To Relocate My Family To Ireland by Nobody: 7:51pm On Dec 20, 2021
Gwan2:

Bro, what you said is undiluted truth. Only a well travelled person will understand fully what you posit. I’ve never felt more at home than when I’m in Africa. The air, humidity, temperature, life purpose is for the black race and suited for the black race. I met an black American tourist in one of the African countries, He never felt at home than his recent experience.

I can travel abroad, I can never live there. I am building paradise here for my future generations.

What can a white man build that I can not build.? Will I not be considered a failure by my ancient ancestors if I leave the place of my birth eternally to grow old in another man's land?

Tufiakwa. To even teach my kids that they are free to live outside Africa permanently is an insult to the Gods of Africa, our ancestors.

1 Like

Re: Inquire On Best Way To Relocate My Family To Ireland by BABANGBALI: 8:04pm On Dec 20, 2021
I pray to God to answer your prayers. Ireland is a very beautiful country, but geography is more beautiful and more peaceful than Ireland
Re: Inquire On Best Way To Relocate My Family To Ireland by shilefan2(m): 8:10pm On Dec 20, 2021
Babaisha:

Hi great people,

I have been a guest reader on this platform for many years and I have seen people provide great insight on issues thrown out on the platform.

Please I need a guide on the best path to relocate my family to Ireland.

We are a family of 6 and I have been working in the middle east for the past 16years, my family has been here with me for more than 10years.

I am planning to relocate my family to Europe, Republic of Ireland to be precise as I am in-love with the family orientation in the country and it is an English country.

My wife has a diploma from Nigerian Polytechnic and I am looking at the possibility of her and our four kids relocating to Ireland while I stay back in the middle East. I, personally earn better here and not thinking of relocating but will be visiting my family routinely.

For people that are already living in Ireland, could you guide us on the best way to achieve this and any risk or challenge to expect especially on the two listed below.

a) Have heard going through school route is a viable options which I am willing to explore for my wife, I am concerned if the country will be able to give my kids visa too to join their mother while she study.

b) Also what would child care/nanny support be like for a mother of 4 (kids age 11, 9, 7 and 4), heard it is expensive in Ireland, what is the possibility of having my mother-in-law stay with them to provide child care and save that extra cost.

Thank you

Please kindly check my signature and thank me later...Thank you...
Re: Inquire On Best Way To Relocate My Family To Ireland by Hkff: 8:17pm On Dec 20, 2021
Ireland is tough
Re: Inquire On Best Way To Relocate My Family To Ireland by Stan2330(m): 8:22pm On Dec 20, 2021
niyogeol:
Hello Babaisha,

I believe I am in a stead to offer some perspective on your post.

Republic of Ireland — in Irish (Eire) is a peaceful place and a vibrant economy built around services, tourism, manufacturing and agriculture. Also it is a relatively small country with some 5 million inhabitants.

Back to your query, immigration rules in Ireland aren’t much different from what you find in many European countries. That is: come in via short stay visa (study, visit, work permit, or through Bel**** etc} and try to gain permanent resident status via employer sponsorship transition, marriage or asylum after which one can have a shot at citizenship.

Wanting your wife to move to Ireland as a student is a great idea. Irish education is sound and globally recognised. But the unfortunate thing is that only PhD students are allowed to bring their spouse, common law partner and dependents to Ireland while studying. Unlike the UK that allows MSc and PhD students to do same. Given this peculiarity vis-à-vis your wife’s educational background, I doubt she will qualify to move to Ireland with your kids on a student visa if she is not studying for a PhD.

If you are really desirous of moving to Ireland, perhaps you might want to encourage your wife to do a nursing diploma (RN) or degree and practice for a few years in some other country and then apply for job with the HSE (Health Service Executive - Ireland’s equivalent of UK’s NHS. This approach would allow her get work permit that permits the holder to come with spouse and dependents.

Also to collaborate what some earlier posters have said, cost of living in Ireland is pretty high. You should brace up to cough some real cash for a family of 6 if you insist on travelling this road.

I hope this helps. Cheers.

For a doctor that plans to relocate there, do u know the route?
Do I need to sit for exams?
Thanks in advance
Re: Inquire On Best Way To Relocate My Family To Ireland by miladelly: 8:52pm On Dec 20, 2021
The best route is via Study Visa.

Am an Irish-Nigerian and a mum of 3.

I am also an Irish Educational Consultant.

Call me on 090 811 89 515 so we can discuss.

Babaisha:

Hi great people,

I have been a guest reader on this platform for many years and I have seen people provide great insight on issues thrown out on the platform.

We are a family of 6 and I have been working in the middle east for the past 16years, my family has been here with me for more than 10years.

I am planning to relocate my family to Europe, Republic of Ireland to be precise as I am in-love with the family orientation in the country and it is an English country.

My wife has a diploma from Nigerian Polytechnic and I am looking at the possibility of her and our four kids relocating to Ireland while I stay back in the middle East. I, personally earn better here and not thinking of relocating but will be visiting my family routinely.

For people that are already living in Ireland, could you guide us on the best way to achieve this and any risk or challenge to expect especially on the two listed below.

a) Have heard going through school route is a viable options which I am willing to explore for my wife, I am concerned if the country will be able to give my kids visa too to join their mother while she study.

b) Also what would child care/nanny support be like for a mother of 4 (kids age 11, 9, 7 and 4), heard it is expensive in Ireland, what is the possibility of having my mother-in-law stay with them to provide child care and save that extra cost.

Thank you
Re: Inquire On Best Way To Relocate My Family To Ireland by Mrphylor09: 9:04pm On Dec 20, 2021
Richy4:

Why not go to the university of your choice website in Finland.. u go to their international student section..

I hope u are ready for the cold weather conditions of Finland... no be small oneoo..put that into consideration while making your decision...
Double check the state that has the lowest temperature and stay clear.. there are some with -30°

-30⁰F or C
Re: Inquire On Best Way To Relocate My Family To Ireland by silverkings: 9:12pm On Dec 20, 2021
bcomputer101:
I love your use of English
Meehn I read twice sef.
Re: Inquire On Best Way To Relocate My Family To Ireland by Richy4(m): 9:15pm On Dec 20, 2021
Mrphylor09:

-30⁰F or C
Celsius
Re: Inquire On Best Way To Relocate My Family To Ireland by Babaisha: 9:25pm On Dec 20, 2021
Bishop:

For the little i know about Uk education, only students going for Masters program are allowed to go with their families, your wife would probably go for a Bsc program and these puts her in a disadvantage position.

I will advise you try other European countries that have low cost of living and are not strict about dependants.

You will also need a lot of money as proof of funds to support your application

Thank you @Bishop for your contribution.
Re: Inquire On Best Way To Relocate My Family To Ireland by Babaisha: 9:28pm On Dec 20, 2021
Mekas2016:
I live in Ireland, precisely dublin...it is a very good country.

Your wife can try the school option for now, really wish you guys were here earlier because there is an amnesty scheme going on at the moment here to regularise immigrants and allow them work permit and pathway to becoming citizens thereafter.

Thank you @Mekas2016.

It is a place we will like to settle in. Thank you for sharing your insight
Re: Inquire On Best Way To Relocate My Family To Ireland by Babaisha: 9:40pm On Dec 20, 2021
niyogeol:
Hello Babaisha,

Republic of Ireland — in Irish (Eire) is a peaceful place and a vibrant economy built around services, tourism, manufacturing and agriculture. Also it is a relatively small country with some 5 million inhabitants.

Back to your query, immigration rules in Ireland aren’t much different from what you find in many European countries. That is: come in via short stay visa (study, visit, work permit, or through Bel**** etc} and try to gain permanent resident status via employer sponsorship transition, marriage or asylum after which one can have a shot at citizenship.

Wanting your wife to move to Ireland as a student is a great idea. Irish education is sound and globally recognised. But the unfortunate thing is that only PhD students are allowed to bring their spouse, common law partner and dependents to Ireland while studying. Unlike the UK that allows MSc and PhD students to do same. Given this peculiarity vis-à-vis your wife’s educational background, I doubt she will qualify to move to Ireland with your kids on a student visa if she is not studying for a PhD.

If you are really desirous of moving to Ireland, perhaps you might want to encourage your wife to do a nursing diploma (RN) or degree and practice for a few years in some other country and then apply for job with the HSE (Health Service Executive - Ireland’s equivalent of UK’s NHS. This approach would allow her get work permit that permits the holder to come with spouse and dependents.

Also to collaborate what some earlier posters have said, cost of living in Ireland is pretty high. You should brace up to cough some real cash for a family of 6 if you insist on travelling this road.

Thank you @niyogeo,

Your insightful contribution is much appreciated, was looking at some quick wins , the nursing route will likely take additional 4 years to actualize. Nevertheless, we will keep it as an option.

Please also clarifying what you mean by " through Bel**** " ?
Re: Inquire On Best Way To Relocate My Family To Ireland by GREATESTPIANIST: 9:47pm On Dec 20, 2021
okuta007:

please tell us the Middle Y(east) kontri - I hate nonesense - I am 99% sure it is UAE - Dubai to be specific

I wish I have an idea of how to solve your problem, I will give it - but I want those who have eyes and ears, let them see - let them hear

After 16 years, this man is ready to seperate from his family to start afresh risking his wife's kpekus being nacked while he is waiting to reunite with his family in Ireland later - IF he gets his way now

What does that tell you? to all our "DUBAI na jand" crew - All is NOT well in Dubai, stop deceiving people here to waste their lives and money

Stay away from Dubai people - those who have ears, let them hia grin
what is this riffraff saying?

3 Likes

Re: Inquire On Best Way To Relocate My Family To Ireland by Makawhizzy: 10:06pm On Dec 20, 2021
Babaisha:

Hi great people,

Thank you
OND or HND? HND might give her a shot for msc if she has working experience and all dependent can go with her
BSC route is just for the main applicant, you can’t take family along.
All your kids are in school age so if she can cope with studying and picking them up from school it’s a good thing.
As per applying for your mother in law to join her I’m not sure of the feasibility in the first six months as they will require you to at least enter with them and settle down first before rushing back to the Middle East so if you can get a job in Ireland will advise you go for it.
Re: Inquire On Best Way To Relocate My Family To Ireland by Mcowubaba: 10:12pm On Dec 20, 2021
Mekas2016:
I live in Ireland, precisely dublin...it is a very good country.

Your wife can try the school option for now, really wish you guys were here earlier because there is an amnesty scheme going on at the moment here to regularise immigrants and allow them work permit and pathway to becoming citizens thereafter.

Not very accurate information
The proposed scheme is for 'illegal Immigrants' (not immigrants) and people in direct provision (international protection scheme) that have been in the country and system for at least 3 years or so, the full details are yet to be published.

The scheme has nothing to do with legal immigrants in the country. Hence it is not applicable to the OP, unless the OP and his family were illegal immigrants or in direct provision in the past years in Ireland.

Strongly doubt that's what the OP has in mind.

1 Like

Re: Inquire On Best Way To Relocate My Family To Ireland by INCREDIBLE007(m): 10:30pm On Dec 20, 2021
lovemoi2:

have you ever been to Canada?

please elaborate what makes canada easy to help the Nigerians living in canada

I'll be in Canada in the next 6 - 7 months

I'll refer you to a guy who would guide you step by step
How to go about it
Re: Inquire On Best Way To Relocate My Family To Ireland by Branduche: 10:34pm On Dec 20, 2021
In this one mind now, he don make reasonable comment

Nairaland is not the best place to seek direction

Saturn444:

Is it your wife's nagging and compulsive idea that you relocate to Ireland?

As a man, you need more understanding of the nature of the Universe. Every continent has a particular species of humans designed for that patch on the plane of human existence over the animals.

Africa is a continent designed for the Black race of human species. You are to develop it for the future generations of all blacks, otherwise you will never feel homely in any other patch on Earth. Even black Americans, so called Niggas, will feel more at home living in Africa.

Fix your patch and live like a king in it. Every black human living permanently on another continent is a mental slave, irrespective of the money structure. Every white man living permanently in Africa can not exhibit his full potential without feeling like he is threatening the black population.

Learn this core truth, and know peace.
Re: Inquire On Best Way To Relocate My Family To Ireland by Branduche: 10:36pm On Dec 20, 2021
Is it your family?
Don’t be a swine.

okuta007:

please tell us the Middle Y(east) kontri - I hate nonesense - I am 99% sure it is UAE - Dubai to be specific

I wish I have an idea of how to solve your problem, I will give it - but I want those who have eyes and ears, let them see - let them hear

After 16 years, this man is ready to seperate from his family to start afresh risking his wife's kpekus being nacked while he is waiting to reunite with his family in Ireland later - IF he gets his way now

What does that tell you? to all our "DUBAI na jand" crew - All is NOT well in Dubai, stop deceiving people here to waste their lives and money

Stay away from Dubai people - those who have ears, let them hia grin

1 Like

Re: Inquire On Best Way To Relocate My Family To Ireland by Branduche: 10:42pm On Dec 20, 2021
Hi Bruv,

I believe if you go through the videos in the screenshot below it will guide you on your plans. Over 18k Nigerians in Ireland, a few have done moments and guides via video and providing advice about the country.

Lastly, you can’t get the best advice on nairaland.
Make your desired judgement after doing all the needed research.

Cheers
Babaisha:

Hi great people,

1 Like

Re: Inquire On Best Way To Relocate My Family To Ireland by MemoriesAndMe: 11:09pm On Dec 20, 2021
Samken2:
How can I apply for admission into universities in Finland from Nigeria

The link below may be helpful. It includes links to many Finnish universities.
https://opportunitiescorners.info/finland-scholarships-without-ielts/
Re: Inquire On Best Way To Relocate My Family To Ireland by Clinghton: 11:41pm On Dec 20, 2021
Sending your family there without living with them, I don't think is a good idea.
Re: Inquire On Best Way To Relocate My Family To Ireland by Mitishi: 11:53pm On Dec 20, 2021
Jeromejnr:
Well, just know that Ireland especially Dublin is a very expensive place. So if you make up your mind, be prepared.

And there are so many restrictions there right now due to Covid.

But you are allowed to live outside Dublin.
Re: Inquire On Best Way To Relocate My Family To Ireland by 9ja2sweden: 1:52am On Dec 21, 2021
Hi OP,

Ireland truly has a vibrant and progressive economy but immigration laws for family are rather not so friendly. Though language is very important but the most important factor to consider is the immigration policies.

I would suggest you consider other EU countries with better immigration laws and good social system. If I would make recommendations I would suggest Sweden sometimes considered the capital of Scandinavia.

The immigration laws in Sweden seem to be one the best among the European nations. She had the second highest number of immigrant during the Arab crisis in 2015. Today almost 30% of the population are Arab and Africans.

The process to becoming permanent resident is still so friendly. The business route seem to be the very best route as it takes 2 years to get a PR, while work permit route takes 4 years and lastly marriage takes 3 years.

Now let's take a more detailed look at the some of the immigration policies. Relocating your family on a student visa is so easy either through a bachelor's, Master's or PhD cycle. Now here is the catch, whoever is the dependent applicant can study in Sweden for free. You also get paid monthly for each child and your children go to school for free. Your children get free bus ticket, hospitals are free once you have a job.

If you doubt this information you can search them on the Internet. Currently I'm a recipient of the Swedish government scholarship and also an educational consultant. If you desire to move to Sweden you join my ongoing prepclass for 2021/2022 session. This what you stand to gain

1. How to avoid mistakes that can cost you admission/scholarship.

2. How to select the least competitive Master’s programmes.

3. How to understand the ECTS credit requirements for each course.

4. How to accurately fill the required documents for the scholarship: motivation letter, CV, reference letter, proof of work & leadership experience.

5. How to correctly apply on the admissions and scholarship website.

6. How to apply and win between 50% - 100% university tuition fee waivers, even if you lose out on the Swedish government scholarship.

7. How to position yourself for a job/PhD in Sweden before you finish your Master's studies.

8. How to attain permanent residence and citizenship in Sweden, through the Master's studies route.

You can google my name Shadrach obene.
Shoot me an email if you desire to relocate to Sweden shob0001@stud.slu.se

2 Likes

Re: Inquire On Best Way To Relocate My Family To Ireland by Landmack: 2:29am On Dec 21, 2021
9ja2sweden:
Hi OP,

Ireland truly has a vibrant and progressive economy but immigration laws for family are so friendly. Though language is very important but the most important factor to consider is the immigration policies.

I would suggest you consider other EU countries with better immigration laws and good social system. If I would make recommendations I would suggest Sweden sometimes considered the capital of Scandinavia.

The immigration laws in Sweden seem to be one the best among the European nations. She had the second highest number of immigrant during the Arab crisis in 2015. Today almost 30% of the population are Arab and Africans.

The process to becoming permanent resident is still so friendly. The business route seem to be the very best route as it takes 2 years to get a PR, while work permit route takes 4 years and lastly marriage takes 3 years.

Now let's take a more detailed look at the some of the immigration policies. Relocating your family on a student visa is so easy either through a bachelor's, Master's or PhD cycle. Now here is the catch, whoever is the dependent applicant can study in Sweden for free. You also get paid monthly for each child and your children go to school for free. Your children get free bus ticket, hospitals are free once you have a job.

If you doubt this information you can search them on the Internet. Currently I'm a recipient of the Swedish government scholarship and also an educational consultant. If you desire to move to Sweden you join my ongoing prepclass for 2021/2022 session. This what you stand to gain

1. How to avoid mistakes that can cost you admission/scholarship.

2. How to select the least competitive Master’s programmes.

3. How to understand the ECTS credit requirements for each course.

4. How to accurately fill the required documents for the scholarship: motivation letter, CV, reference letter, proof of work & leadership experience.

5. How to correctly apply on the admissions and scholarship website.

6. How to apply and win between 50% - 100% university tuition fee waivers, even if you lose out on the Swedish government scholarship.

7. How to position yourself for a job/PhD in Sweden before you finish your Master's studies.

8. How to attain permanent residence and citizenship in Sweden, through the Master's studies route.

You can google my name Shadrach obene.
Shoot me an email if you desire to relocate to Sweden shob0001@stud.slu.se

Use *and* rather
Re: Inquire On Best Way To Relocate My Family To Ireland by SecretReporter(f): 3:18am On Dec 21, 2021
SavageResponse:

How is this the fault of the owner of this forum?

The truth is that there is no basis for deleting people's comments except it encourages violence or if it's tribalistic or racist.

You people should think before you make stupid comments.

The 58 or so people that liked your stupid comment are also dumb!
I stop replying clown since last week, so stay off
Re: Inquire On Best Way To Relocate My Family To Ireland by abumeinben(m): 5:57am On Dec 21, 2021
Babaisha:

Hi great people,

Thank you

Since she got a diploma, why not go with the school route, for master's or professional course and then PhD?
Re: Inquire On Best Way To Relocate My Family To Ireland by Talawaka: 11:24am On Dec 21, 2021
Babaisha:

Hi great people,

As I see that this thread has attracted the good, the bad and the ugly yet again, I am going to highlight the most credible comments I see. I hope this contribution helps. cool

ExpressBooking:
I currently don't think Ireland Post graduate study with family and kids is going to be in the favour of ur wife unless you have a very huge explainable source of funds to support her and 4 kids alongside paying for nanny for about a year. The rent a year for an apartment that will be minimal convenient for your wife, kids and the visiting nanny will set you back about €1250 - €1800 monthly. That's for a one bedroom, living room, kitchen apartment or 2 bedroom depending on area. If it's in Dublin you are looking at about €20,000 on rent alone per year. Other associated bills won't be child's play.
Your wife will be allowed to work only 20hrs weekly and 40hrs when school is on break. Going by the minimum wage of €10.50 per hour, its still not gonna take care of anything.
I don't mean to discourage you, but its gonna be better if you move here alongside your family and help them settle in maybe when your wife is done with school, and gets a job with critical skills work permit, she can invite your mum or hers to assist

niyogeol:
Hello Babaisha,

Mcowubaba:

Not very accurate information
The proposed scheme is for 'illegal Immigrants' (not immigrants) and people in direct provision (international protection scheme) that have been in the country and system for at least 3 years or so, the full details are yet to be published.

The scheme has nothing to do with legal immigrants in the country. Hence it is not applicable to the OP, unless the OP and his family were illegal immigrants or in direct provision in the past years in Ireland.

Strongly doubt that's what the OP has in mind.

Re: Inquire On Best Way To Relocate My Family To Ireland by SavageResponse(m): 12:14pm On Dec 21, 2021
SecretReporter:
I stop replying clown since last week, so stay off

The only clown within this area is the one where you're standing!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Wasted: How Billions Spent On ‘Nigeria Air’ Went Down The Drain / Driver Fleeing From Attack On Lagos-Ibadan Expressway Rams Into Truck, Dies / Peter Bello, Co-Pilot Of Lagos Helicopter Crash, Still Missing

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 91
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.