Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,404 members, 7,819,430 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:08 PM

9jamum's Posts

Nairaland Forum / 9jamum's Profile / 9jamum's Posts

(1) (2) (3) (of 3 pages)

Family / Re: Daughter Is 8years Old And She Is Off To Jss1, Should I Allow Her? by 9jamum(f): 5:14pm On Sep 30, 2011
@ Double Blessing, you are indeed a blessing. I am a single mum and believe me that I need all the strength and advice I can get.

God bless you for your advice and word of encouragement.
Family / Re: Daughter Is 8years Old And She Is Off To Jss1, Should I Allow Her? by 9jamum(f): 12:20pm On Sep 30, 2011
@ Blank, you are so right. It is good.
Family / I Am Not Ashamed To Move On And Anyone In My Place Should Not Be! By Eunice B. by 9jamum(f): 12:08pm On Sep 30, 2011
This is wicked!  I have been following Eunice Becker's story and even paid her a visit! I truly believe that all forms of violence against women should be stopped!. 

http://singlenaijamum..com/2011/09/so-batteredthis-should-be-stopped.html
Family / Re: Should She Get A Lawyer To Sue Her Child's School? Advice Pls. by 9jamum(f): 10:23am On Sep 30, 2011
@ Chaircover, I am still gathering informations as regards how to advice her. The boy's health is now a concern. I will keep you posted as things progress.
Family / Re: Daughter Is 8years Old And She Is Off To Jss1, Should I Allow Her? by 9jamum(f): 10:19am On Sep 30, 2011
@ Jennykadry, you have encouraged me. Thank you
Family / Re: Should She Get A Lawyer To Sue Her Child's School? Advice Pls. by 9jamum(f): 12:11am On Sep 30, 2011
@ i, please can you help expose other likely questions that could be asked. The little boy is going through a very difficult and challenging time right now. He is not allowed to go to school as he needs to rest his eye so as not to cause strain on the eye.

Please help us. Thank you
Family / Re: Daughter Is 8years Old And She Is Off To Jss1, Should I Allow Her? by 9jamum(f): 11:58am On Sep 29, 2011
@ Maclatunji, thank you for your advice. She indeed a gift.

@ Jennykadry, her going from home is indeed the best option.

@ Ifyalways, the decision for her to write the exams was to test her ability and prepare her for what the 'actual' exams will be like but then she made very good grades and her teacher started encouraging that I allow her go off to JSS 1. 

I thank you all and I think i will just allow her finish primary 5 and take the exams again next year.

1 Like

Family / Daughter Is 8years Old And She Is Off To Jss1, Should I Allow Her? by 9jamum(f): 10:17am On Sep 29, 2011
This should be a joyous news for some mothers with special daughters like mine.  I am confused. My daughter passed the common entrance into JSS 1, should i allow her go off to secondary school? Isn't she too young?
Family / Re: Should She Get A Lawyer To Sue Her Child's School? Advice Pls. by 9jamum(f): 10:06am On Sep 29, 2011
@ Chaircover, thank you for your advice. The boy has been getting constant medical attention now. He is yet to resume school as a result of the constant pain and headache from the eye.

My friend has spoken with 2 Lawyers already but the answer is still the same, the school cannot be sued! Is this possible? Please can anyone recommend a more radical legal means to get justice and help this poor boy
Family / Should She Get A Lawyer To Sue Her Child's School? Advice Pls. by 9jamum(f): 2:15am On Sep 28, 2011
My girlfriend's children attend a very popular school in Yaba, Lagos. Sometime last term, her son's class teacher flogged him for an offence he allegedly committed and the cane got into his left eye.  Now the boy is almost blind in the left eye,( the eye has been operated upon, the parents have been advice to take the body to India so he wont lose sight in the eye completely)

The cost of treatment is getting too much for this couple, what should they do ?  Should they sue the school?  The school gave some money for the initial treatment but that didnt do much.

Pls your candid advice is needed?

http://www.singlenaijamum..com
Family / Three Years Old Albino Baby violated! Paedophile On The Run! by 9jamum(f): 1:51am On Sep 21, 2011
What is this world turning into! It is becoming an everyday event now to hear or read of violation here, child molestation there and now Paedophile on the run?

I was narrating the ABSU gang violation story to my younger sister but instead of just being shocked , she went on to narrate a more nerve – raking  story that would make any mother, woman, in short any human being cry .

This is not a “dem say” story. It happened in this Lagos.

What was the child’s crime? I asked. ‘Hmm, Aunty, my sister explained that its because the baby was born an Albino.

The story goes thus, the father rejected the mother because she delivered the girl and she was an Albino.  He threw the mother and child out of his house.  The woman managed to get a room in a “face-me-i-face-you” compound.  She started petty trading in front of the compound they were living.

On this fateful day this incidence happened, she was outside and trying to quickly do some washing. The little girl was crying and she begged the young man ( about 23years old, who came from up town – ilu oke, as they called his village), to please help her attend to the child as she was about rinsing the clothes she was washing just a few feet away.

Sitting on a bench in the passage, he place the child in between his legs and before one knew it , he had started manipulation the little girl.  She screamed but the mother not looking in their direction, just pleaded with the young man ( who happened to be the only one sitting outside then) to please rock her gently so that could stop crying but instead she screamed even much more.

By this time, he had pulled his trouser slightly down, zipped down and started to gain access into the baby. Oh my GOD!

The screaming by this time brought a middle aged man from inside the compound outside who caught him in the act. All hell was let loose as he couldn’t deny it.

God help our girl child!  I screamed!

The noise attracted people , who gathered to hear the story, some shouting, others accusing and while all of this was going on, the young man escaped!

I was shaking by this time. I enquired more, what happened to the child?  Was she taken to the hospital?  My sister who happens to be frequent in that area as result of her job, said the woman said she couldn’t afford hospital bill, so she only gave the child paracetamol. PARACETA WHAT?

I am angry.  Why na?  Does it mean being an Albino is now the woman’s fault or a what?  The child I learnt is not her usual self anymore. She doesn’t want to play with anyone nor eat.  Poor child.

Who knows who will be his next victim? 

NB: paedophile esp, US, craddle-robber [ˈpiːdəʊˌfaɪl]. n. (Psychiatry) a person who is
sexually attracted to children. ThesaurusLegend

[url][/url]www.singlenaijamum..com
Family / Why Are You A Single Mum? by 9jamum(f): 3:30pm On Sep 17, 2011
Hello everyone. I am a single mother of a beautiful girl , my Princess.

There is more to ths story. Here is what the rest of the story
http://singlenaijamum.com

Would you want to share your experience as a single mum or dad?

(1) (2) (3) (of 3 pages)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.