Millo's Posts
Nairaland Forum › Millo's Profile › Millo's Posts
I have taken a HUGE position. ![]() presiade: |
I am heavily in access and waiting for the results. Up 15% so I have exit buffer if needed. ppogba: |
You can ask all you like, its "pending regulator approval". Hopefuly we will hear something tomorrow about why its not released. faoogoke: |
Yes o, my tranche is coming in next week, when I get out of my positions expecting possible catalysts this week. So I guess there are a few like me. chimex38: |
Big week for GTCO and ACCESSCORP. H1 2026 audited results + interim-dividend announcements from both GTCO and Access Holdings, with the NGX-approved deadline essentially September 30, 2026. We are waiting. |
I respect this forum a lot and regularly look here to know what is going on (am in diaspora). I often read current posts for information before placing my trades so I do not get blind-sighted by current events that I am not aware of. The forum has been very helpful. These days, however, I have to sift through lots of posts to see things that are relevant. A lot of the post are about politics. I know politics is always a hot topic, but I wish it is kept to the minimum. in fact it is ok to talk politics as it will affect our portfolio in the near-term. Arguing over politics should best be done on a dedicated forum. Don't get me wrong, I have lots of opinion of my own on politics, but there is no emotion in stock-trading. |
Thant's expected. I currently locked down till later next year 3 TBs at 17.9, 18.7 and 19.7% Did not bother to bid, just bought it via Investment One before rates tumble. Odunharry: |
Well played Firstholdco. Am surprised it closed flat after running all day at -5.5%. Lucky people made >5% intraday paper profit ![]() |
I just dey look many here saying Dangote IPO na scam. Don't mind many who are loading secretly. I agree that some have genuine reservation. Having looked at the prospectus, it is not priced ridiculously cheap, but not expensive. being sold only 14% above private placement locked in for a year is not bad at all. I am also encouraged by huge pension funds all over Africa pitching in, they are generally conservative minded and tend to bet on safer investments. They also do not often flip shares. this is likely to provide a huge stable floor for the price. Not often is an IPO listed for a company already up and running and producing results. IPO investors are often investing in hope of future earning of a nescient or loss making companies. not so in this case. I do not think many here (not all) know more than lots of defensive pension fund managers or financial advisors of massive funds pitching in. Even different pro-level AI simulations rate it as a buy with a few caveats. It is a buy for me. |
Does anyone know if Stanbic IBTC stockbrokers can sell from settled funds rather than go through Stanbic IBTC Banks or repatriate my money back to GTbank before buying? Zagee: |
I don't think so. The gidigba Banks listed like GTCO and Zenith have refused any significant drop so far. 2zona: |
It's only being sold at 14% above private placement price which is not a wide margin at all. Also, those who bought PP cannot sell for a year. megawealth01: |
Accesscorp is getting interesting. |
Chai! access, me that I have a dragnet to mop up more at km30. Cannot complain, currently very green on it yMcy56: |
My thesis is simple; access is clearly undervalued at those prices. I have a huge exposure to it, but not ready to sell. It is aa sure but patient one for appreciation. May not be best suited for JIJO people, but a very sensible one for investors. megawealth01: |
I have been with STANBIC IBTC for ages. I have no issues. They also have advantage of being the front for the big IPO's less likely to get your eventual allocations slash down if oversubscribed when you get it through them. I also think their fees are cheaper than most. Evnne: |
I am a member from diaspora. I will split it both ways. Honestly, if and only if naira continues to be stable like this, I would be biased towards NGX than S&P...but diversification is key. Evnne: |
I don't have any news o. I am betting that it is undervalued. I have patience though and willing to play the long game. The downside is very limited in my view. megawealth01: |
Just got biggly out of AIICO the moment I saw 5% up (7m shares), dumped it all into ACCESS . megawealth01: |
Thank joor. I am in a part of Canada where I have to wake up at 3 am to place trade on NGX and market closes at my 6;30am. GeneralDae: |
Oil prices are cratering down due to opening of strait of Hormuz. If that's what is propping up OANDO, expect it to be in deep red on Monday. |
Does anyone know what's up with UBA result release? |
Access typically drag into April. What about UBA, that's the one am surprised results not out yet. I am eagerly waiting for bothe. EDUECO: |
I agree with the first 2, but OANDO is too risky a play for me. might be good for JIJO though. ProphetUtuocha: |
Yes, I have some skin in AIICO game. HesInMe: |
We are many planning same move. mikeapollo: |
Any idea when UBA results will be out? |
People like me. Waiting to get UBA and access dividend or appreciation from pre-dividend run. Plan to go in hard on Dangote refinery. emmanuelewumi: |
I dey there gidigba ![]() EDUECO: |
Hello my people, I parked some money in OANDO last Friday, partly a stroke of luck. Just wanted to buy something very liquid with higher chance of going up than down when I bought it. Now that I suspect it will approach or likely exceed #50. I won't pick up right issue and will probably bail out. Any suggestion of a more aggressive stock with good prospect? I have a larger portfolio in a conservative, very slow-moving but dividend-paying accesscorp. |
It's not about being scared of loan. There are "good" debts and bad debts. Can someone make it make sense why you take a 23% loan when you have a MMF yielding 17%? Meaning -5% loss. MMF by nature are easily liquid and its not like they rise in value. You only lose out on the profit, but if you need money that saves you from a net loss of 5% by taking another loan. It is a different case if you have a good stock that is awaiting a catalyst soon and you do not want to pull out before the news. gabscity: |

. 
We are many planning same move.