Nairaland Forum

Welcome, Guest: Join Nairaland / Login / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 1234606 members, 1641515 topics. Date: Wednesday, 16 April 2014 at 09:18 AM

UN Slams Vatican For Protecting Priests Over Child Abuse - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / UN Slams Vatican For Protecting Priests Over Child Abuse (10216 Views)

Kenya Boy, 13, Gains Fame For Protecting Livestock From Lions / The Pope Will Die Within A Year: Vatican 'assassination Fears' Revealed / The Pope Will Die Within A Year: Vatican 'assassination Fears' Revealed (1) (2) (3) (4)

(0) (1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

UN Slams Vatican For Protecting Priests Over Child Abuse by Built2last: 12:04pm On Feb 05
The UN has denounced the Vatican for "systematically" adopting policies allowing priests to sexually abuse thousands of children.

The UN watchdog for children's rights said the Holy See must "immediately remove" all clergy who are known or suspected child abusers.

It heavily criticised the Vatican's attitudes towards homosexuality, contraception and abortion.

The Vatican has set up a commission to fight child abuse in the Church.

In a report released on Wednesday, the UN Committee on the Rights of the Child (CRC) said the Holy See should open its files on members of the clergy who "concealed their crimes" so that they can be held accountable.

The committee said it was gravely concerned that the Holy See has not acknowledged the extent of the crimes committed.

It comes after Vatican officials were questioned in public last month over why they would not release data and what they were doing to prevent future abuse.

In December, the Vatican refused a UN request for data on abuse, on the grounds that it only released such information if requested to do so by another country as part of legal proceedings.

The Vatican is expected to issue a statement on the report later on Wednesday.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-26044852

1 Like

Re: UN Slams Vatican For Protecting Priests Over Child Abuse by hohafrank: 2:47pm On Feb 05
big shame

2 Likes

Re: UN Slams Vatican For Protecting Priests Over Child Abuse by O.T.I.S: 2:47pm On Feb 05
the UN and Vatican are the same wine in different bottles.

6 Likes

Re: UN Slams Vatican For Protecting Priests Over Child Abuse by superior1: 2:47pm On Feb 05
What do you expect from refusing fully functional adults from marriage

Child molestation and bluetooth contacted pregnancy like the Italian Nun

7 Likes

Re: UN Slams Vatican For Protecting Priests Over Child Abuse by Adeniyi077: 2:48pm On Feb 05
They should support child abuse, yes (not homosexuality). However, they ought to be removed for present or future abuses, not for the past.
Most of us, if not all, have done a few bad things in the past for reasons best known to us.
Re: UN Slams Vatican For Protecting Priests Over Child Abuse by danielonyisi(m): 2:48pm On Feb 05
Re: UN Slams Vatican For Protecting Priests Over Child Abuse by pawesome(m): 2:49pm On Feb 05
adonbilivit......
picture or it didnt happen angry angry angry
Re: UN Slams Vatican For Protecting Priests Over Child Abuse by SnowPrincee(m): 2:49pm On Feb 05
Brb

1 Like

Re: UN Slams Vatican For Protecting Priests Over Child Abuse by Oyetboy(m): 2:49pm On Feb 05
I'm so hungry
Re: UN Slams Vatican For Protecting Priests Over Child Abuse by fredoooooo: 2:50pm On Feb 05
let's see how far this will go ..
Re: UN Slams Vatican For Protecting Priests Over Child Abuse by P.Stacks(m): 2:51pm On Feb 05
Thats my problem with religion.. how on earth would you expect a potent man to go all his life without having a feel of sex and sexuality. its absurd, its bizzare..

10 Likes

Re: UN Slams Vatican For Protecting Priests Over Child Abuse by woodcook: 2:52pm On Feb 05
Same UN that stood beside EU/USA while they slaughter innocent people (children inclusive) in Afghan, Iraq and Pakistan.

Same UN that turns the other way while USA funds terrorist in Syria.

Please UN should go and sleep.

22 Likes

Re: UN Slams Vatican For Protecting Priests Over Child Abuse by Promhize(m): 2:53pm On Feb 05
Both the UN and Vatican are crazy, but in this case the UN is less crazy.

6 Likes

Re: UN Slams Vatican For Protecting Priests Over Child Abuse by DandyCandy(f): 2:53pm On Feb 05
Hmmmm
Re: UN Slams Vatican For Protecting Priests Over Child Abuse by otijah(m): 2:54pm On Feb 05
In as much as I am a staunch catholic member, I do believe that there are hidden facts and myths about catholics and their priest, which we the followers are far from knowing

20 Likes

Re: UN Slams Vatican For Protecting Priests Over Child Abuse by Abimloaded(m): 2:54pm On Feb 05
Picture/Video or It never happened!!!

1 Like

Re: UN Slams Vatican For Protecting Priests Over Child Abuse by Kennyfancy: 2:56pm On Feb 05
tim tim tan tah,,i don make front page again,,,i want to used dis medium to say thank u to my lovly mum and dad,,to all qraduating studnt frm unidel,, i lov u,,,thanks to airtel for nt falling my hand,,thank to jonathan my real president,,,,, thanks to warri,,d land of peace,,,,thanks to my dearly girlfriend,,bela,,,and dat idiout dat we quote me for my success,,,,,nah only GOD go judge u,,

kissing my baby girl

3 Likes

Re: UN Slams Vatican For Protecting Priests Over Child Abuse by otijah(m): 2:56pm On Feb 05
pawesome: adonbilivit......
picture or it didnt happen angry angry angry
seun, u need to start acting fast plss, after all 1,200000 memebers is way too much

1 Like

Re: UN Slams Vatican For Protecting Priests Over Child Abuse by ninex.com.ng: 2:58pm On Feb 05
Ok let's wait and see!

cheesy angry
Re: UN Slams Vatican For Protecting Priests Over Child Abuse by dridowu: 3:01pm On Feb 05
Just passing...............

----oooO----
----(----)----
-----\--(--
------\_)---
-----------Oooo ---
-----------(--- -)---
------------)-- /----
------------(_/ ---

2 Likes

Re: UN Slams Vatican For Protecting Priests Over Child Abuse by Kennyfancy: 3:03pm On Feb 05
woodcook: Same UN that stood beside EU/USA while they slaughter innocent people (children inclusive) in Afghan, Iraq ans Pakistan.

Same UN that turns the other way while USA funds terrorist in Syrian.

Please UN should go and sleep.
SHUT UP
Re: UN Slams Vatican For Protecting Priests Over Child Abuse by $ugardaddy(m): 3:04pm On Feb 05
Good move. But the UN needs to slam The Vatican the more for looking away at those Priests that are into married women and wrecking havoc in people's homes. Why can't they just marry and leave people's wives and children alone?.
BTW, I'm still a Catholic.

6 Likes

Re: UN Slams Vatican For Protecting Priests Over Child Abuse by shine-eye(m): 3:08pm On Feb 05
BIG SHAME TO YOU MOTHER OF THE CHURCHES!!! The World is now your judge since your ways could not judge the world. It has become self evident that you are not who you claim to be!

3 Likes

Re: UN Slams Vatican For Protecting Priests Over Child Abuse by W3xy1(m): 3:12pm On Feb 05
shocked shocked
Re: UN Slams Vatican For Protecting Priests Over Child Abuse by Abbey2sam(m): 3:14pm On Feb 05
Just passing...............

----oooO----
----(----)----
-----\--(--
------\_)---
-----------Oooo ---
-----------(--- -)---
------------)-- /----
------------(_/ ---
Re: UN Slams Vatican For Protecting Priests Over Child Abuse by Uwakuwak(f): 3:17pm On Feb 05
Is it by force to deny ur self of pleasure u freely have the right to then turning to enjoy it in a criminal way,
Re: UN Slams Vatican For Protecting Priests Over Child Abuse by Uwakuwak(f): 3:22pm On Feb 05
We regard them as Holy but it is the opposite,
get married like pastors and still serve God,

1 Like

(0) (1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Video Of French Air Strike In Mali / George Alexander Louis Is The Name Of The Royal Baby / Israel Fires On Unarmed Aid Convoy. Many Dead!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (0) (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2014 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See Nairalist and How To Advertise
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.