Nairaland Forum

Welcome, Guest: Join Nairaland / Login / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 1236986 members, 1646794 topics. Date: Sunday, 20 April 2014 at 10:03 PM

Top Ten Facts You Need To Know About Legendary Usher Before You Die! - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Top Ten Facts You Need To Know About Legendary Usher Before You Die! (279 Views)

Usher Should Please Stop Immitating P. Square / Vote! Usher, Ginuwine, Justin Timberlake / Usher Or 2Face Idibia: Who Do You Think Is Hotter? (1) (2) (3) (4)

(0) (Reply)

Top Ten Facts You Need To Know About Legendary Usher Before You Die! by Nobody: 6:31pm On Feb 06
Usher Raymond IV might have slowed down from late last decade in universal music culture, yet the 40 year-old global megaster can't easily be put aside as no longer irrelevant. Infact, his numerous musical offsprings still sweat hard under his competition.
After almost THIRTY YEARS as world major pop star, and as the next biggest thing ever to happened in entertainment after Michael Jackson, Mr. Raymond isn't planning to retire soon. To celebrate two decades ago, (1994), that he released his debut tittled USHER, i here list 10 amazing facts about him that may keep you inspired. Viz:
1. In music history, Usher is the first and ONLY artist to log 4 songs into number 1 on the Billboard Hot 100 and around the world from one album. They are Burn, Yeah!, Confessions pt 2 and My Boo with Alicia Keys.

2. Usher is credited to have pioneered the global genre, CRUNK&B, along with Lil Jon

3. Music ultimate icons such as James Brown, Stevie Wonder, Prince have all greatly praised Usher. During their memorable perfornance at the 2005 Grammys performance, the monumental James Brown entittled him the GODSON OF SOUL.

4. Usher's 2001 album(8-7-0-1) is credited to have created the style that all urban artists of the 2000s would follow. Of course, we can never forget such classics as U Remind Me, U Don't Have To Call, U Got It Bad, and others.

5. The 1997 classic U Make Me Wanna is the second most longest running single for a male artist in history.

6. Usher's 2004 album Confessions is the fastest selling rnb album of all time, according to the Guiness Book Of World Records

7. Usher has infuenced almost every major pop and rnb artists of today world ranging from Justin Beiber to Chris Brown, Neyo, Drake, Justin Timberlake, Trey Songz, Mario, Prince Royce, Jason Derulo, Omarion and many others.

8. Chris Brown career started after performing like Usher's 1998 video My Way. His mother saw how amazing he performed and began to look for how her son could get signed by a record label.
9. Usher's father died of heart attack in 2008 during the era of his fifth studio album, Here I Stand. Since then, he has become a total fruitarian and has encouraged protege Beiber to follow his step together with girlfriend, Selena Gomez.

10. New Look Foundation was created by Usher in 1998 to help improvised youths in striving for a better tomorow, and helping them in becoming tomorrow better leaders. Education for youths is it's priority. Recently former American presidents, George W. Bush(jnr) and Bill Clinton were awarded the New Look Global Leadership Award at it's 12th world leadership award.

So, this year marks good 27 years that Usher has been in the game,

(0) (Reply)

Liz Benson Returns / 2face, Others Panic On Aborted Aero Flight / Exclusive Photos From Omotola Jalade Ekeinde's Birthday Party

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (0) (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2014 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See Nairalist and How To Advertise
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.