Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,639 members, 7,823,808 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 03:44 PM

'why Boko Haram Crisis Has Persisted In The North' - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 'why Boko Haram Crisis Has Persisted In The North' (517 Views)

Why Boko Haram Fight And Some Recommendations For Quelling Their Insurgency. / Genesis And Consequences Of Boko Haram Crisis By Ahmad Salkida / Why Boko Haram Attacked ThisDay (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

'why Boko Haram Crisis Has Persisted In The North' by dani1luv: 2:37pm On Jul 26, 2012
As African First ladies from the 33 countries coverged to chart the role of women to peace building in the continent, Wife of the Borno State Governor, Hajiya Nana Kashim Shettima spoke on the cause of the security challenges facing the state.

The Governor’s wife spoke in a briefing earlier before commencement of the peace mission at the Institute for Peace and Conflict Resolution on Wednesday in Abuja.

She said: “The issue of Boko Haram is a very delicate issue. I am a Muslim and I know my religion is that of peace. The issue of Boko Haram as of then I will say yes; it was a religious issue but for now sincerely speaking no one can actually tell you what it is. But to the best of my knowledge, I will say social and economic problem we are facing in the region is the 100 percent cause of Boko Haram.”

The Minister of Environment, Hajia Hadiza Mailafiya said there is need for a lasting peace in the African region.

She noted that peaceful coexistence is significant for women to fuction properly and for the development of African nations.

According to her, the peace mission is an opportunity to call on african nations to proffer lasting solution to conflicts in the region.

She added that conflict often result to migration and struggle to utilise limited resources.

Mrs. Mailafiya said: “Over the last couple of years we have witnessed and we will continue to witness conflicts in our contninent. Everytime this happens, we have women and children suffering most, they are most vulnerable.

There is need for lasting peace for development of our region.”

The mission is aimed to address the peace situation in the continent, with regard to the role of women, and mobilize both government non-governmental resources to help reduce violent and their effects in Africa.

The objectives of the mission include: to build and strengthen the culture of peace and development in Africa; to offer support and services to victims in conflict affected countries, especially women and children; and to use appropriate mechanism and institution to protect women and children in armed conflict areas.

The Minister of Water Resources, Mrs. Sarah Ochekpe advocated supports to complemet the role of Afrcan first ladies to fostering peace in the continent.

While she expressed excitement that the event is held in the country, the minister stated that finding a solution should be a collective responsibility.

“The people who lives in jos comes from different part of the country and I believe when we talk to each other and we are all committed to it the issue will be resolved.

“It is a mission that should be supported by all because whenever there is conflicts, women suffers most. Its either they are drafted to fight wars they are not even matured to figth and they are left widowed of with orphan,” she said.

Source

(1) (Reply)

What Has Been The Effects Of Prayer For Nigerian In Distress. / Nigeria Is What Nigerians Are / 52 Year Old Grandmother Jailed For Using Underage Students To Beg

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.