Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,931 members, 7,835,110 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 04:40 AM

Okorocha Abandons IMSU Relocation To His LGA - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Okorocha Abandons IMSU Relocation To His LGA (9791 Views)

Okorocha Invests Innoson As IMSU Chancellor (pics) / Final Year Student Abandons Medicine For Mass Comm 2 weeks before final exam / He Gave Us Toys Not Laptops. Why Can't Gov. Okorocha Be Real For Once? (PHOTOS). (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Okorocha Abandons IMSU Relocation To His LGA by mukina2: 2:45pm On Jul 26, 2012
Governor Rochas Okorocha has suddenly abandoned his hitherto much-hyped relocation of the Imo State University (IMSU) to a new site in Ideato Local Government Area, his local council, which attracted opposition from Owerri people, who saw it as robbing them of the host of the educational facility.

However, the state capital is home to four other tertiary institutions, three of which are federally run. The institutions are Federal Polytechnic, Nekede, Owerri; Alvan Ikoku Federal College of Education, Owerri; Imo State Polytechnic, Umuagwo near Owerri and Federal University of Technology, Owerri (FUTO).

In the place of the proposed relocation plan would be the establishment of a brand new Imo-European University, which Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) was signed recently by Governor Okorocha and some European experts and Imo Diaspora indigenes. The cost of the new higher institution is not known, neither its expected take- off date.

The Imo-European University, the governor told reporters at Government House, Owerri, would “provide more opportunities for Imolites (who are) desirous to obtain university education.”

Okorocha said, “What it means now is that, IMSU would be relocated to somewhere within the Owerri zone. Government will welcome any community that is willing to provide land for the establishment of a permanent site for Imo State University, while the Imo- European University will be established in Ideato.”

http://www.businessdayonline.com/NG/index.php/news/111-politics/41843-okorocha-abandons-imsu-relocation

2 Likes

Re: Okorocha Abandons IMSU Relocation To His LGA by Etaki: 2:48pm On Jul 26, 2012
Anything My Favorite Gov. we are Behind You.
Re: Okorocha Abandons IMSU Relocation To His LGA by Okijajuju1(m): 3:04pm On Jul 26, 2012
Na so e dey start!! If Jonathan is Clueless, Rochas is brainless..

Imo States IGR is from University School fees..

2 Likes

Re: Okorocha Abandons IMSU Relocation To His LGA by sirugos(m): 3:52pm On Jul 26, 2012
Okorocha need to be focus and planed his agenda very well. With the state of things in imo state and the way he handles some issue, I can tell you dat he is more than confused. My governor we are watching, pls don't fall our hand
Re: Okorocha Abandons IMSU Relocation To His LGA by deshclones(m): 3:56pm On Jul 26, 2012
Okija_juju: Na so e dey start!! If Jonathan is Clueless, Rochas is brainless..

Imo States IGR is from University School fees..

Shut up you miserable sellout....must you comment on every thread...what is wrong with you??...you hardly behave like nwa afo igbo...always castigating your own people..have you been to imo??..even a blindman knows rochas is working..same with sullivan..it is only that efulefu orji and ebonyi that are giving us a bad name in terms of development...

easy with the insults on igbos sons topping the chart in good deeds..abegi...think before you type...

4 Likes

Re: Okorocha Abandons IMSU Relocation To His LGA by Afam4eva(m): 3:56pm On Jul 26, 2012
It's good to know that Okorocha listens to people. Btw, what's the rationale behind naming a university "Imo-European University"?
Re: Okorocha Abandons IMSU Relocation To His LGA by oubi: 4:08pm On Jul 26, 2012
Sullivan worked bt now, confussion don scatter him dada...
Re: Okorocha Abandons IMSU Relocation To His LGA by Nobody: 4:08pm On Jul 26, 2012
Please what of the land provided by sam mbakwe in Mbaise for imsu permanent site? whats up with the lands does it mean the owners should take back their land?
Re: Okorocha Abandons IMSU Relocation To His LGA by Ozonna(m): 4:19pm On Jul 26, 2012
I admire Rochas, but why build another University? Why can't he remodel IMSU in partnership with the europeans and turn it into oxford university? SMH

1 Like

Re: Okorocha Abandons IMSU Relocation To His LGA by ochiaha1(m): 4:19pm On Jul 26, 2012
deshclones:

Shut up you miserable sellout....must you comment on every thread...what is wrong with you??...you hardly behave like nwa afo igbo...always castigating your own people..have you been to imo??..even a blindman knows rochas is working..same with sullivan..it is only that efulefu orji and ebonyi that are giving us a bad name in terms of development...

easy with the insults on igbos sons topping the chart in good deeds..abegi...think before you type...

Desclones, pachara anya gi o ! My 'go-slow' governor, Orji, ka ina po,'efulefu' grin

2 Likes

Re: Okorocha Abandons IMSU Relocation To His LGA by Ozonna(m): 4:19pm On Jul 26, 2012
I admire Rochas, but why build another University? Why can't he remodel IMSU in partnership with the europeans and then turn it into oxford university? SMH
Re: Okorocha Abandons IMSU Relocation To His LGA by Nobody: 4:20pm On Jul 26, 2012
probably satisfying Owerri ppl, but i love his courage

1 Like

Re: Okorocha Abandons IMSU Relocation To His LGA by Ozonna(m): 4:21pm On Jul 26, 2012
I admire Rochas, but why build another University? Why can't he remodel IMSU in partnership with the europeans and then turn it into oxford university? This is called misplaced priority.
Re: Okorocha Abandons IMSU Relocation To His LGA by Nobody: 4:22pm On Jul 26, 2012
ochi-aha:

Desclones, pachara anya gi o ! My 'go-slow' governor, Orji, ka ina po,'efulefu' grin

you still call him ur governor, he is rael efulefu angry

1 Like

Re: Okorocha Abandons IMSU Relocation To His LGA by sylve11: 4:27pm On Jul 26, 2012
afam4eva: It's good to know that Okorocha listens to people. Btw, what's the rationale behind naming a university "Imo-European University"?

I tire! cool

1 Like

Re: Okorocha Abandons IMSU Relocation To His LGA by Okijajuju1(m): 4:38pm On Jul 26, 2012
deshclones:

Taaa mechie onu gi there!! angry

Onwe ife na eme gi na isi?! Gini ka Rochas na lu??! Nna e pkasu kwa na'm iwe o! angry

List what Rochas has done in Imo State or shut your stupid mouth!!
Re: Okorocha Abandons IMSU Relocation To His LGA by Ejine(m): 4:53pm On Jul 26, 2012
Ozonna: I admire Rochas, but why build another University? Why can't he remodel IMSU in partnership with the europeans and then turn it into oxford university? SMH

The current land IMSU is sitting on, is a leased piece of land belonging to Federal Government Girls College, Owerri, somewhere at a densely populated region of the Owerri Municipal. Wasting money on 'remodeling' would be kinda pointless, cuz the land no be dem own gon gon.
Re: Okorocha Abandons IMSU Relocation To His LGA by agent22: 5:05pm On Jul 26, 2012
To believe okija JUJU is Igbo is like to believe that ONLYTRUTH is yoruba.

3 Likes

Re: Okorocha Abandons IMSU Relocation To His LGA by Ifeanyispace: 5:13pm On Jul 26, 2012
I beg to ask if the Imo European University is state owned or some PPP arrangement. If the latter is the case, who and who are behind it, what's the law setting it up. A friend of mine told me that the governor wants to build a private university with state fund and he may not be too far from the truth. Rochas needs to be rescued from this his rescue mission. He's confused simple
Re: Okorocha Abandons IMSU Relocation To His LGA by chucky234(m): 5:18pm On Jul 26, 2012
IMSU has been on a leased land all this while and the man is trying to move the institution to a permanent site yet people open their mouth to vomit rubbish, wish am from Imo state though I love my Lagos and cannot swap Lag for another.

1 Like

Re: Okorocha Abandons IMSU Relocation To His LGA by Okijajuju1(m): 5:19pm On Jul 26, 2012
agent22: To believe okija JUJU is Igbo is like to believe that ONLYTRUTH is yoruba.

And what has my being Igbo, Yoruba or Hausa got to do with anything?!

Ewu Ohafia!! angry

Obu na e'nwero okwu, i mechie onu!
Re: Okorocha Abandons IMSU Relocation To His LGA by deshclones(m): 5:22pm On Jul 26, 2012
Okija_juju:

Taaa mechie onu gi there!! angry

Onwe ife na eme gi na isi?! Gini ka Rochas na lu??! Nna e pkasu kwa na'm iwe o! angry

List what Rochas has done in Imo State or shut your stupid mouth!!

Bia nwokem,achoghim ka mu na gi koooo onu here...i bu nwanne m even though i na afuck up...but nevertheless...go to imo state and see for yourself..ask civil servants..infact rochas greatest achievement for me is speaking the dialect of champions...ASUSU IGBO to dignitaries in far away kosovo..that my friend is classic..

1 Like

Re: Okorocha Abandons IMSU Relocation To His LGA by wadoski: 5:39pm On Jul 26, 2012
ochi-aha:

Ochi-aha biko iwe gi juru, dedem Orji na Elechi na afolu my aka big time. Gini ka aga eme ha?

1 Like

Re: Okorocha Abandons IMSU Relocation To His LGA by emmykul1809: 5:51pm On Jul 26, 2012
I love u Rochas. Cld u pls come n acquire Abia State. T. A of Abia state is tryn 2 liquidate d state
Re: Okorocha Abandons IMSU Relocation To His LGA by ujchief(m): 6:05pm On Jul 26, 2012
The sooner he realises that governance isnt philantropism, the better for him.
Meanwhile, he needs to pay corpers serving in his state public schools! If he loves and cherishes education so much to the extent of dashing out stipends to school children, isnt it proper that he pays the corpers 70% of which are teaching in those public schools?

1 Like

Re: Okorocha Abandons IMSU Relocation To His LGA by ujchief(m): 6:09pm On Jul 26, 2012
emmykul1809: I love u Rochas. Cld u pls come n acquire Abia State. T. A of Abia state is tryn 2 liquidate d state
inasmuch as Abia has had a fair share of bad governance, thinkin Rochas is a solution is like believing bank phb adverts of cars running on water!

1 Like

Re: Okorocha Abandons IMSU Relocation To His LGA by Dede1(m): 6:46pm On Jul 26, 2012
Ejiné:

The current land IMSU is sitting on, is a leased piece of land belonging to Federal Government Girls College, Owerri, somewhere at a densely populated region of the Owerri Municipal. Wasting money on 'remodeling' would be kinda pointless, cuz the land no be dem own gon gon.

Did you actually write the land where IMSU is sitting belongs to FGGC, Owerri? It is good to defend Okorocha but to do so blindly does not help our political awareness.

Remember Rochas Okorocha promised Imo State people four universities. I still suggest Rochas Okorocha has to build one of the four universities in Ideato South LGA and each in the three senatorial zones. He can not simply wriggle out of this fundamental promise he made to the people of Imo State.
Re: Okorocha Abandons IMSU Relocation To His LGA by Lordmike: 6:46pm On Jul 26, 2012
Okorocha is working, Chimee is working, Obi is working, Orji is watching, that one in Ebonyi is just looking. visit Imo and see for yourself. This one is not Ikiri's way or TV development but practical develpoment.

1 Like

Re: Okorocha Abandons IMSU Relocation To His LGA by Ejine(m): 7:14pm On Jul 26, 2012
Dede1:

Did you actually write the land where IMSU is sitting belongs to FGGC, Owerri? It is good to defend Okorocha but to do so blindly does not help our political awareness.

Remember Rochas Okorocha promised Imo State people four universities. I still suggest Rochas Okorocha has to build one of the four universities in Ideato South LGA and each in the three senatorial zones. He can not simply wriggle out of this fundamental promise he made to the people of Imo State.

Doesn't the land rightfully belong to FGGC tho'? Cuz that's the story I've been seeing for over 10 years now.
It is said that, upon the creation of Abia State, and the then-IMSU getting renamed to ABSU, a new IMSU had to be created to cater to Imo State which had just lost 56 percent of its land area. FGGC agreed to lease its piece of land to the new IMSU, while it agreed to settle on the 25% portion of land leased to it by the nearby Government Secondary School (a boys school).
This isn't about defending Rochas. Heck, he's not my governor since I'm not even from Imo as you already know. Lived a long time in Enugu, Aba and Owerri to know these things.
Re: Okorocha Abandons IMSU Relocation To His LGA by cedric2001(m): 7:21pm On Jul 26, 2012
Rochas Okorocha is confused,I think he nids direction nd advice frm Economist

1 Like

Re: Okorocha Abandons IMSU Relocation To His LGA by emsquare(m): 7:23pm On Jul 26, 2012
Ok!
Re: Okorocha Abandons IMSU Relocation To His LGA by Okijajuju1(m): 9:24pm On Jul 26, 2012
cedric2001: Rochas Okorocha is confused,I think he nids direction nd advice frm Economist

Best comment so far on Rochas Okorocha.. If I didnt know Imo State I would think that they were still living in the stone ages to be impressed by such useless shinanigans like free Univeristy education and Kerosene.. The Nigga thinks government is about sharing money to people like they are needy beggers. Right now States should be focusing on infrastructural development and security to attract investors. When all the graduates finish from these 4 universities, where would they work?! They cant even start their own businesses with the insecurity, flooding, lack of good roads and poor electricity..

I honestly believe Rochas is a joker.. If Imo State isnt careful, they may suffer 8 years of this guy only to realise that he actually just took them on a merry go round ride back to where they were in the beginning..

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Exchange Program To The United State For Agriculture Students / With D7 In English: Can I School Abroad With It: / Unillorin Tops Ibadan In April University Rankings At VNTI

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.