Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,857 members, 7,817,541 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:00 PM

Are Mini Laptops Good For Programming? - Programming (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Are Mini Laptops Good For Programming? (15501 Views)

Can A SSCE Holder Go For Programming/hacking? / Whats The Best Laptop For Programming? / Best Operating System For Programming! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Are Mini Laptops Good For Programming? by Nobody: 7:51pm On Jul 27, 2012
Mini laptop for programming is good but not good enough. I have tried so many but had to settle with Sony Vaio E series because I think it is the best when it comes to programming with a high screen resolution and wider screen(recommended). Sony Vaio is really cool honestly with window 7smiley
Re: Are Mini Laptops Good For Programming? by maximum007(m): 9:14am On Jul 28, 2012
iykeG: Just want to know because i wish to acquire 1 for a programming course.
If it is just to write code of course they are good. But if you intend to run heavy programs then they are a bad idea. (e.g. From experience I have found out that most musical softwares hog your CPU) To be on the safe side, just add up some more cash and get something better in terms of CPU capacity.
Re: Are Mini Laptops Good For Programming? by olasquare: 10:26am On Jul 28, 2012
c, d truth is mini does not gud u d robust flexibility to work programming ..... U need @least 4gb memory........ If u can get one with a dedicated cache size of high size and of nvdia card dedicated memory of up to 1gb.......... But all depends on uir pocket..... 120kk is enough for get a good laptop of 4gb @comp. Village..... But u av to make sure u are not buying a refurbish........ If u care u can contact me my office is @ oremeji, computer village.... I sell laptops. My number is 08027566682. D name is Lanre
Re: Are Mini Laptops Good For Programming? by SUXXI(m): 10:46am On Jul 28, 2012
If the weight is what bothers you,its best to get a laptop that is not too big and not a mini. Somethinh like Hp pavillion DM4 or Hp pavillion DV5. You can also go for the LG Slim Laptop. Or better still Mac Ultra Slim laptop. Then the weight won't be a problem. The most important is to consider the cost of the laptops and see which one fits your financial budget. In my case,I like them BIG!!!
So just go for the one you can easily afford. Also the ram size and processor speed is also a factor to consider in your programming work to enable your laptop respond to what ever stimuli you want it to respond to ASAP!!!
Re: Are Mini Laptops Good For Programming? by stanleydon: 7:55pm On Jul 28, 2012
You can no doubt start with that but i will suggest you get a more better one considering the fact that you are using this for Programming
Re: Are Mini Laptops Good For Programming? by mandy4s: 10:19am On Jul 29, 2012
MrOldskool (JP):
Neva knew NL serious minded peeps? Thot it was al abt gals,how 2 Bleep,wizkid drops new joint feat 2pac,Jayz comes 2 naija etc... Sha me get my own,I no like laptop,how do u tell if its true
u sef no get anything to contribute ooo. Are u serious minded? U just vomit ur rubbish here without help. If u have nutin upstairs just keep mum, read n learn fool!!!
Re: Are Mini Laptops Good For Programming? by ayurdavid: 12:02pm On Jul 30, 2012
can i use a mini laptop to learn visual basic?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

10 Nights Of Cloning Nairaland With PHP / Challenge Me / Why Self Taught Programmers Over “Exaggerate”.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.