Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,845 members, 7,810,258 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 03:10 AM

BBC Interviews Aseni And Oseni Ikhianosime, 2 Young Nigerian Developers - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / BBC Interviews Aseni And Oseni Ikhianosime, 2 Young Nigerian Developers (16161 Views)

Why Are Most Nigerian Developers Freelancers? / Here Is What A Foreigner Has To Say About Nigerian Developers / 9 Lessons I Learned From Top 7 Nigerian Developers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

BBC Interviews Aseni And Oseni Ikhianosime, 2 Young Nigerian Developers by Nobody: 11:29am On Jul 10, 2015
Aseni and Oseni Ikhianosime are Nigerian brothers who developed a mobile web browser called Crocodile Browser Lite. BBC Africa paid a visit to their Lagos home and they revealed the inspiration behind Crocodile browser.

According to them ,

"Crocodile Browser was inspired by Google Chrome. We really liked the early version (of google chrome) and we decided to mimmick some of the features on our own browser. Crocodile browser tends to speed up your browsing because of some special codes that we used."

"It took us 8months to complete all the codes and push out the first version on playstore (in september 2014)

Aseni revealed that the progress of the browser is slow due to lack developers that will help speedup the development of the browser.

Aseni and Oseni are both secondary school students of Greensprings school Located at Anthony Village in Lagos. During his freetime , Aseni loves to play with his computer while Oseni spends his free time playing piano and sometimes football.

Article Source : http://androidnigeria.com.ng/young-nigerian-coding-brothers-featured-on-bbc/

Interview Source : http://www.bbc.com/news/world-africa-33469427

20 Likes 3 Shares

Re: BBC Interviews Aseni And Oseni Ikhianosime, 2 Young Nigerian Developers by YerYer: 11:55am On Jul 10, 2015
Nigeria's Larry Page, Mark Zuckerberg, Bill Gate, Steve Jobs, to mention just a few. Forget Silicon Valley, these young men are making us proud. Imagine with limited power supply, limited access to high tech computers, limited access to expensive sofwares, limited training and yet they are able to develop their own mobile web browser from nothing. I salute u boys!

See picture of their browser in the app store!

29 Likes

Re: BBC Interviews Aseni And Oseni Ikhianosime, 2 Young Nigerian Developers by shudi(m): 11:55am On Jul 10, 2015
Re: BBC Interviews Aseni And Oseni Ikhianosime, 2 Young Nigerian Developers by funmo(m): 11:55am On Jul 10, 2015
some sharp Lagos boys right here.

when will BBC interview Nairaland's e-samurais and FTC Champions League winners?

I relate with the sharp duo

sharp Ijebu boy

visit my signature...

wen se o ewen omo iye mi dede

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: BBC Interviews Aseni And Oseni Ikhianosime, 2 Young Nigerian Developers by ylaa(f): 11:56am On Jul 10, 2015

1 Like

Re: BBC Interviews Aseni And Oseni Ikhianosime, 2 Young Nigerian Developers by dan55: 11:56am On Jul 10, 2015
hmmmmmm
Re: BBC Interviews Aseni And Oseni Ikhianosime, 2 Young Nigerian Developers by wilybebsy(m): 11:56am On Jul 10, 2015
Nice1
Re: BBC Interviews Aseni And Oseni Ikhianosime, 2 Young Nigerian Developers by dennisworld1(m): 11:56am On Jul 10, 2015
good.
Re: BBC Interviews Aseni And Oseni Ikhianosime, 2 Young Nigerian Developers by dan55: 11:56am On Jul 10, 2015
i still dey here
Re: BBC Interviews Aseni And Oseni Ikhianosime, 2 Young Nigerian Developers by shudi(m): 11:57am On Jul 10, 2015
They are Young but they have the mind of a Genius. Yes, they are Genius. Keep the flag flying guys

1 Like

Re: BBC Interviews Aseni And Oseni Ikhianosime, 2 Young Nigerian Developers by Nobody: 11:57am On Jul 10, 2015
Excellent
Re: BBC Interviews Aseni And Oseni Ikhianosime, 2 Young Nigerian Developers by bros12345: 11:57am On Jul 10, 2015
This is the kind if news I love. Mark Zukerbergs...loading.

Train up a child in the way he should go.

1 Like

Re: BBC Interviews Aseni And Oseni Ikhianosime, 2 Young Nigerian Developers by prothelley(f): 11:58am On Jul 10, 2015
This is why I love IT.........anything is possible. Great job, keep up the good work.

2 Likes

Re: BBC Interviews Aseni And Oseni Ikhianosime, 2 Young Nigerian Developers by ylaa(f): 11:58am On Jul 10, 2015
go on boys. the sky is your starting point.

1 Like

Re: BBC Interviews Aseni And Oseni Ikhianosime, 2 Young Nigerian Developers by DancingSkeleton(m): 11:58am On Jul 10, 2015
smiley
Re: BBC Interviews Aseni And Oseni Ikhianosime, 2 Young Nigerian Developers by kingarizona1(m): 11:58am On Jul 10, 2015
instead of using their free time trying to hit the 1st to comment on every trend like INTROVlipsrsealed....... They re now developers of their own web browser... Cool

6 Likes

Re: BBC Interviews Aseni And Oseni Ikhianosime, 2 Young Nigerian Developers by brine(m): 11:59am On Jul 10, 2015
"Crocodile browser tends to speed up your browsing because of some special codes that we used."

The bolded is very disappointing. What is a special code ? We programmers need to chill... SMH

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: BBC Interviews Aseni And Oseni Ikhianosime, 2 Young Nigerian Developers by wheesin(m): 11:59am On Jul 10, 2015
I wish buhari (baba go slow)can try this browser out...he is too slow

1 Like

Re: BBC Interviews Aseni And Oseni Ikhianosime, 2 Young Nigerian Developers by lordtech(m): 12:00pm On Jul 10, 2015
Wow
Re: BBC Interviews Aseni And Oseni Ikhianosime, 2 Young Nigerian Developers by odinese(m): 12:00pm On Jul 10, 2015
Nice
Re: BBC Interviews Aseni And Oseni Ikhianosime, 2 Young Nigerian Developers by yinkuschua(m): 12:00pm On Jul 10, 2015
COol... very close I know to FTC
Re: BBC Interviews Aseni And Oseni Ikhianosime, 2 Young Nigerian Developers by funmo(m): 12:00pm On Jul 10, 2015
grin

awon boys we ti wa popular pass me and some of una o

wen ri awon omo inu mi we...areee!!! eleda! wo mi sun?
Re: BBC Interviews Aseni And Oseni Ikhianosime, 2 Young Nigerian Developers by mczico: 12:00pm On Jul 10, 2015
jona I missu

1 Like

Re: BBC Interviews Aseni And Oseni Ikhianosime, 2 Young Nigerian Developers by Morhziez(m): 12:00pm On Jul 10, 2015
I see Genius
Re: BBC Interviews Aseni And Oseni Ikhianosime, 2 Young Nigerian Developers by Brytawon(m): 12:01pm On Jul 10, 2015
Bill Gates of Africa...
Re: BBC Interviews Aseni And Oseni Ikhianosime, 2 Young Nigerian Developers by Viktor1983(m): 12:01pm On Jul 10, 2015
God bless Nigeria
Re: BBC Interviews Aseni And Oseni Ikhianosime, 2 Young Nigerian Developers by Nobody: 12:01pm On Jul 10, 2015
Kudos kids
Re: BBC Interviews Aseni And Oseni Ikhianosime, 2 Young Nigerian Developers by brine(m): 12:02pm On Jul 10, 2015
Re: BBC Interviews Aseni And Oseni Ikhianosime, 2 Young Nigerian Developers by Brytawon(m): 12:03pm On Jul 10, 2015
funmo:
some sharp Lagos boys right here.

when will BBC interview Nairaland's e-samurais and FTC Champions League winners?

I relate with the sharp duo

sharp Ijebu boy

visit my signature...

wen se o ewen omo iye mi dede

gringringrin
Re: BBC Interviews Aseni And Oseni Ikhianosime, 2 Young Nigerian Developers by timmyblast(m): 12:03pm On Jul 10, 2015
Nice one boys. Keep it up
Re: BBC Interviews Aseni And Oseni Ikhianosime, 2 Young Nigerian Developers by PHIPEX(m): 12:07pm On Jul 10, 2015
YerYer:
Nigeria's Larry Page, Mark Zuckerberg, Bill Gate, Steve Jobs, to mention just a few. Forget Silicon Valley, these young men are making us proud. Imagine with limited power supply, limited access to high tech computers, limited access to expensive sofwares, limited training and yet they are able to develop their own mobile web browser from nothing. I salute u boys!
Any child whose parent can afford Green spring fees can not complain of lack of power supply and the likes. It's great hearing these kind of news from these top notch Sec schools where parents spend millions per annum in tuition fees alone. Now I can aspire to send my unborn children there.

5 Likes

Re: BBC Interviews Aseni And Oseni Ikhianosime, 2 Young Nigerian Developers by Djtm(m): 12:10pm On Jul 10, 2015

Crocodile browser tends to speed up your browsing because of some special codes that we used."
Did anyone see this?

"It took us 8months to complete all the codes and push out the first version on playstore (in september 2014)

Why would developers speak like this?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Turing.com Live Coding Interview Preparation / Microsoft To Retire Internet Explorer: Will You Miss It? / Why Is PHP Not Considered As A Best Backend For Web Development Again

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.