Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,748 members, 7,817,063 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:36 AM

Dana, ADC & Sosoliso Ban: Airline Operators Want Ban Lifted - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Dana, ADC & Sosoliso Ban: Airline Operators Want Ban Lifted (7114 Views)

Today Marks 8 Years Of The Sosoliso Crash / Bellview, ADC, Sosoliso Plane Crash Reports – (US Report) / ADC Plane Crash In Abuja (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Dana, ADC & Sosoliso Ban: Airline Operators Want Ban Lifted by Nobody: 9:51pm On Jul 26, 2012
mejai: it's only in 9ja da planes crash, our govt will wake up frm der slumber and ban dem. it sucks. abeg free dem to start flyin again cos our airline industry will collapse soon. des dayz is rare 2 see planes flying over my roof, unlike b4, des few ones flying now r being stressed and dat means disaster. afterall, our roads kill more dan dos flyin coffins. undecided. why haven't dat secor been closed till eternity. abeg, adamu, get my horse ready, we r goin for a ride cool......... govt should set up a serious agency to look into dis mess, like NTSB(national transport safety board) and leave corruption alone for once grin
ar u alright? You talk because u don't know how painful it is to loose loved ones especially in a crash due to carelessnes. Infact some of this families have nt bin able to identify and bury their own person involvd in d crash and u ar here talking trash....
Re: Dana, ADC & Sosoliso Ban: Airline Operators Want Ban Lifted by Akainzo(m): 10:08pm On Jul 26, 2012
naijababe: In other words, it's okay for people to lose their lives unnecessarily Fly Dana and Sosoliso at your own risk

Yet the same FGN allows Delta Airlines, British Airways and Air France to operate in Nigeria. Can you check to see how many aircrashes by these same airlines, yet they continued to fly.

When the Air France Concorde crashed, did Air France not continue operations a day after? Cutting the head is never a solution to headache.

1 Like

Re: Dana, ADC & Sosoliso Ban: Airline Operators Want Ban Lifted by Akainzo(m): 10:10pm On Jul 26, 2012
brownlord:
Muhammed Joji, Muhammed Joji, Muhammed Joji you must be very stupid, so they should release their license to kill people again abi, this is the only good thing Jonathan has ever done since its inception on office by grinding that airline now you want to rubbish its effort abi, God go punish you an and AON

Amazing that you point to this as the only ggo thing GEJ has ever done. This is a rubbish decision for all I care. Eh wait, since PHCN transformers had exploded before and people died, why not asked that light be cut off from the entire nation!
Re: Dana, ADC & Sosoliso Ban: Airline Operators Want Ban Lifted by Akainzo(m): 10:14pm On Jul 26, 2012
cytell Property: As long as it is Indians that own Dana the situation will still remain the same. What i think they should be doing now is to tell us how many of their old planes they've changed instead of trying to do as if they are the victims here.

The same Indians own Stallion Motors, should people stop buying Honda, Audi, Volkswagen or Skoda! They also own Park & Shop, why do the elites shop there?

You complain when people generalise about Nigerians, yet you tar others with the same brush. The fines from the aircrash could make an Airline bankrupt but serious nations don't implement a total ban except it is found that there procedures is the main probblem. Over here, we just suspend license, Haba!

1 Like

Re: Dana, ADC & Sosoliso Ban: Airline Operators Want Ban Lifted by waice6571: 10:27pm On Jul 26, 2012
@reptyle or what do you call your stupid self.
you must be a desendant of ader or viper. so GEJ should licenced them to be killing nigerians.
you better stop that rubbish before ..............
Re: Dana, ADC & Sosoliso Ban: Airline Operators Want Ban Lifted by chyket(m): 11:07pm On Jul 26, 2012
I guess the reason why Sosoliso and ADC are still grounded has to do more with their inability to pay out the approved insurance claims to the victims than the fact that they had an air crash.Recall that after the bell view crash of 2005,they continued flying till they ran into financial problems.
Re: Dana, ADC & Sosoliso Ban: Airline Operators Want Ban Lifted by gator666: 11:11pm On Jul 26, 2012
In case of Dana, what if... what if the kerosene was contaminated? Maybe DANA's maintenance is not the world class one, but in the case of DANA crash in Lagos, what if it was someone/something totally out of DANA's control that caused the crash? Multiple (or all) engine failure is an extremely rare situation. It can be either that the plane runs out of fuel, that the fuel is contaminated, that the plane has suffered a multiple bird strike (such was the one that landed on Hudson river some years ago), that the plane passed through the cloud of volcanic ash (case of B747), etc. Faults on fuel system of a plane can hardly cause such problem, because it is not a single pump that pumps the kerosene. Once again, it is not always the plane or its crew that causes the disaster.
Re: Dana, ADC & Sosoliso Ban: Airline Operators Want Ban Lifted by oseo1(m): 12:05am On Jul 27, 2012
i want to ask a quick quetion, how many of you fly air france?

If you answered that you do then you should have no problem flying dana air. Air france is the second deadliest airine in the world yet no one seems to have an issue with them. Plane crashes will happen as long as planes are flying, its one of the risks of travel. we have to be realistic, we cannot close every airline who has a mishap down. what needs to happen is a review of their safety, maintenance and training records. and see what could have been done to prevent this from happening and change it with that airline and others as well.

2 Likes

Re: Dana, ADC & Sosoliso Ban: Airline Operators Want Ban Lifted by Akbee(m): 5:05am On Jul 27, 2012
I knew they wud do so in the shortest posible time.
Re: Dana, ADC & Sosoliso Ban: Airline Operators Want Ban Lifted by Okijajuju1(m): 6:50am On Jul 27, 2012
Dis Guy: doesnt make sense

IF BRITISH AIRWAYS OR VIRGIN SHOULD CRASH WOULD THE FG BAN THEM?

This is how it works abroad...

When an airline goes down, most governments and airline operators ground that particular brand of aircraft until they determine the cause of the crash.. Example is the A380 Airbus whose engines blew up.. All airlines operating that aircraft grounded theirs except for Emirates whose own were using a different engines fron the others.. Dana crash involved a MD aircraft which makes up about 90 if not 100 percent of their fleet.. They should remain down.. Aircrafts are replacable but not human lives..
Re: Dana, ADC & Sosoliso Ban: Airline Operators Want Ban Lifted by Mygoldie(f): 8:45am On Jul 27, 2012
Those three failed airlines should be sent to the hell already.
Much for using people as sacrificial lamb.
Re: Dana, ADC & Sosoliso Ban: Airline Operators Want Ban Lifted by soulamanne(m): 9:18am On Jul 27, 2012
We are not exploring the merger option in our aviation industry.even the well developed countries do it.some airlines are not fit to be on their own.why not merge and set up a formidable airline that is strong enough for a market like ours...large fleet of very sound aicrafts(say 10),a standard website that can handle high capacity etc.business wise,it even makes a lot of sense

1 Like

Re: Dana, ADC & Sosoliso Ban: Airline Operators Want Ban Lifted by elimokhai(m): 9:47am On Jul 27, 2012
Grounding the airline is never the solution, though I have never flew Dana, but it was confirmed by regular travelers that Dana is one of the best domestic carrier in Nigeria. On Wednesday I flew from Lagos to Abuja at a skyrocketed rate of N32,000 and yet almost gone deaf due to the noise from the aircraft rear engine. Those asking for Belview airline, FYI it has been rebranded to FirstNation which I have flown several times, Dana will also do same "rebranding" With Dana and Air Nigeria out of business, it has not been funny, Arik,IRS,Aero,FirstNation fares have now skyrocketed to 45% with their noisy aircraft. The ban on Dana should be lifted, since the AIB investigation didn't indict them "go and sin no more" The FG has a lot to do in the aviation industry, proper checks should be put in place for all airline operators.
Re: Dana, ADC & Sosoliso Ban: Airline Operators Want Ban Lifted by blayz0923: 9:56am On Jul 27, 2012
ITS VERY GOOD FOR US ALL TO FOLLOW TRENDS OF EVENTS BEFORE SPEAKING.
THE NIGERIAN AVIATION INDUSTRY IS NOT DIFFERENT FROM OTHERS ABROAD. KENYA AIRWAYS CRASHED JUST 3YRS OR SO AGO WITH A BRAND NEW B-737-800 SERIES, KILLING ALL ON BOARD. WAT BOUT IN AMERICA, ASIA AND CO?
CLAMOURING FOR A RELEASE ON THEIR LICENCE IS NOT WORSE THAN HAVING THESE AIRLINES REPACKAGE THEMSELVES AND COME BACK TO MAKE SAME MISTAKE.
LET US KEEP PRAYING FOR NIGERIA.
brownlord:

Muhammed Joji, Muhammed Joji, Muhammed Joji you must be very stupid, so they should release their license to kill people again abi, this is the only good thing Jonathan has ever done since its inception on office by grinding that airline now you want to rubbish its effort abi, God go punish you an and AON
Re: Dana, ADC & Sosoliso Ban: Airline Operators Want Ban Lifted by Myself2(m): 12:10pm On Jul 27, 2012
brownlord: Muhammed Joji, Muhammed Joji, Muhammed Joji you must be very silly, so they should release their license to kill people again abi, this is the only good thing Jonathan has ever done since its inception on office by [b]grinding that airline [/b]now you want to [b]rubbish its effort [/b]abi, God go punish you an and AON

Gbagaun galore

cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Dana, ADC & Sosoliso Ban: Airline Operators Want Ban Lifted by Myself2(m): 12:13pm On Jul 27, 2012
elimokhai: Grounding the airline is never the solution, though I have never flew Dana, but it was confirmed by regular travelers that Dana is one of the best domestic carrier in Nigeria. On Wednesday I flew from Lagos to Abuja at a skyrocketed rate of N32,000 [b]and yet almost gone deaf [/b]due to the noise from the aircraft rear engine. Those asking for Belview airline, FYI it has been rebranded to FirstNation which I have flown several times, Dana will also do same "rebranding" With Dana and Air Nigeria out of business, it has not been funny, Arik,IRS,Aero,FirstNation fares have now skyrocketed to 45% with their noisy aircraft. The ban on Dana should be lifted, since the AIB investigation didn't indict them "go and sin no more" The FG has a lot to do in the aviation industry, proper checks should be put in place for all airline operators.

Gbagaun
Re: Dana, ADC & Sosoliso Ban: Airline Operators Want Ban Lifted by MMM2(m): 12:47pm On Jul 27, 2012
Sorry
Is 2 late becos dey lost dere customers already
Re: Dana, ADC & Sosoliso Ban: Airline Operators Want Ban Lifted by elimokhai(m): 1:43pm On Jul 27, 2012
Thanks anyways, at least i can always correct my mistakes, was actually typing fast without proofreading. FYI the message has been passes, after all English language is still being taught in UK schools and students still fail, so why capitalize on people's typing error? Mr. Know it all, you're lucky i read this in a good mood.
Re: Dana, ADC & Sosoliso Ban: Airline Operators Want Ban Lifted by elimokhai(m): 1:43pm On Jul 27, 2012
Thanks anyways, at least i can always correct my mistakes, was actually typing fast without proofreading. FYI the message has been passes, after all English language is still being taught in UK schools and students still fail, so why capitalize on people's typing error? Mr. Know it all, you're lucky i read this in a good mood
Re: Dana, ADC & Sosoliso Ban: Airline Operators Want Ban Lifted by elimokhai(m): 1:44pm On Jul 27, 2012
Thanks anyways, at least i can always correct my mistakes, was actually typing fast without proofreading. FYI the message has been passes, after all English language is still being taught in UK schools and students still fail, so why capitalize on people's typing error? Mr. Know it all, you're lucky i read this in a good mood
Myself2:

Gbagaun
Re: Dana, ADC & Sosoliso Ban: Airline Operators Want Ban Lifted by trademark1: 3:34pm On Jul 27, 2012
it baffles me when people just post anything, or talk simply because others are talking.
we have ad series of road accidents invovling commercial transports, how many of them have been banned,
so that others would learn from it.we all leave the root of issues to deal with the result of them.
what are NCAA, FAAN and NAMA doing? who allowed an aircraft that is not airworthy to fly in the first place?
ban DANA, ban SoSoliso etc. how many jobs do we have in Nigeria, after all ,
you are on nairaland simply because you need a job. How many jobs have been created this year?

DON'T get me wrong, all iam saying is that certain conditions should be placed, and if they meet up with them,
they can start operations.mind you, some of us know one or two persons that are out of jobs, and are idle. AN IDLE MIND THEY SAY; IS THE DEVILS WORKSHOP"
lets not cut off the nose to spite the face. i rest my case.
Re: Dana, ADC & Sosoliso Ban: Airline Operators Want Ban Lifted by blackbeau1(f): 4:15pm On Jul 27, 2012
At least its just their job,they are losing.what of the people that have lost their lives?
Re: Dana, ADC & Sosoliso Ban: Airline Operators Want Ban Lifted by Seehow: 1:03pm On Jul 28, 2012
My view on this issue is that the Govt shud take it's stand on some standards regarding the avaition indutry.
one, any plane above 10yrs shud not be allowed in nigeria air space,whether well maintained or not,
2nd,both Dana and other airlines that are still operating now, be give short time to change their aircrafts to new ones,or close the business and let those who can do it.
Thirdly, certified engineers in the industry be given the power to stop any aircraft with a fault, from flying, and any airline authority that sacks it's engineer base on this ground be to face the wrath of d law. Or withdraw it's license to fly.
These will bring in some level of sanitation into the avaition indstry. Atleast our president is flying a brand new aircraft for savety purpose, so it's shud be applicable to the citizenz too
Thanks
Re: Dana, ADC & Sosoliso Ban: Airline Operators Want Ban Lifted by sameolg616(m): 10:37am On Jul 29, 2012
Okija_juju:

This is how it works abroad...

When an airline goes down, most governments and airline operators ground that particular brand of aircraft until they determine the cause of the crash.. Example is the A380 Airbus whose engines blew up.. All airlines operating that aircraft grounded theirs except for Emirates whose own were using a different engines fron the others.. Dana crash involved a MD aircraft which makes up about 90 if not 100 percent of their fleet.. They should remain down.. Aircrafts are replacable but not human lives..
Your quote is d most professional have read..its said exactly d way it is..dana fleet consists of all md83s..in may,2incidents were reported:one landed on international airport cause of hydraulic problems and the other returned back to base en route prt harcourt.dana claims the md83 that crashed wasn't the plane or one of the planes involved in those incidents..that means the others or a particular 1 is bad too..during an investigation,it is only right to suspend the activities of such airline pending the outcome.to me,3factors were responsible-1.CORRUPTION on the part of the govt/ncaa(them dint deploy the regulatory laws as required cuz of EGUNJE)2.GREED on d part of dana,if u have 4aircrafts doing 100flights.when one is down,its expected you cut ur flights to 75 instead they continued to maintain the 100 +1 cuz the want to maximise profit and they won the publics heart with'dana always leaves on time' 3.HUMAN ERROR/SYCHOPHANISM on the part of the technicians,pilots,engineers-if I have a boss that has asked me to manage an OVERSTRESSED aircraft beyond its limit,its only right to look such a boss in d eye and say NO and use my powers to make sure d right thing is done rather than try to impress.some yrs back,I decided to manage my car engine to magodo knowing it wasn't really fit.I psyched myself MORE OIL,less THROTTLE.I successfully got to magodo and just on my way back(just like 500m from my house)I heard a burst in my engine..just imagine if I had put families in d car and an accident occurred?when u already have AIDS,even common cold may kill.WE MAY NEVER KNOW THE TRUTH ABOUT THE ACTUAL CAUSE OF THE CRASH..DANA may continue their operations in d future..vERY POSSIBLe cuz 9ja is so corrupt and everytin works here.only the families of the dead have LOST(The other day IMOKE was declare WANTED in d NIPP trials,the head of panel (senator ?got me fooled with his actions)guess wat?wen imoke finally appeared be4d panel,the head was d 1st to standup and acknowledge him 'UR EXCELLENCY'.wat was supposed to be a hearing/panel turned out to be a recommendation/suggestion speech by IMOKE(no questions asked) and wen he was leaving,he was applauded like d PPLES CHAMPION.if dana can meet the price the corruptors want..its hell YEAH.and for U and I,as my sister says-NIGERIANS suffer from AMNESIA..we are quick to forget..cuz wen they are back..WE WILL SURELY FLY THEM
Re: Dana, ADC & Sosoliso Ban: Airline Operators Want Ban Lifted by sameolg616(m): 10:48am On Jul 29, 2012
Seehow: My view on this issue is that the Govt shud take it's stand on some standards regarding the avaition indutry.
one, any plane above 10yrs shud not be allowed in nigeria air space,whether well maintained or not,
2nd,both Dana and other airlines that are still operating now, be give short time to change their aircrafts to new ones,or close the business and let those who can do it.
Thirdly, certified engineers in the industry be given the power to stop any aircraft with a fault, from flying, and any airline authority that sacks it's engineer base on this ground be to face the wrath of d law. Or withdraw it's license to fly.
These will bring in some level of sanitation into the avaition indstry. Atleast our president is flying a brand new aircraft for savety purpose, so it's shud be applicable to the citizenz too
Thanks
I support your notion but how many nigerians can standup to the system especially when another job is not certain but your conscience and for most,they have no faith in the system

(1) (2) (Reply)

Ethiopian Airlines To Begin Flights To Kano / Australia Tourist Visa Application / China: First Thing That Comes To Mind?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.