Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,121 members, 7,814,936 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:08 AM

Australia Tourist Visa Application - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Australia Tourist Visa Application (7112 Views)

Interesting Places And Tourist Attractions In Lagos / Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. / Netherlands Tourist Visa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Australia Tourist Visa Application by usewisdom: 9:04pm On Apr 01, 2011
Naira landers, I need your advice & ideas on Australia Tourist Visa Application, mainly from those that has applied before or knows more about their requirements. My friend is about to apply for a tourist visa to Australia, pls read the bellow listed documents he'll submit. (1) International passport. (2)Marriage certificate. (3)Wedding pictures. (4)Family pictures. (5)Children birth certificates. (6)Landed property documents.(7)Vehicle documents photocopy. (cool Credentials. (9)Letter from school. (10) Leave letter from work. (11)Work ID.card photocopy. (12)Bank statement 1.5million naira. (13)Hotel Reservation. (14)Police Criminal Clearance.(15)Letter of Introduction from the Police Station stating I am a law abiding citizen. (16) Letter of introduction from my boss. (17)Visa fee of $110, and N34,000 vfs courier charge. That is all. What percentage would u give on this application?
Re: Australia Tourist Visa Application by usewisdom: 4:56am On Apr 02, 2011
Also, his personal GTB bank statement balance is N100,000. I understand that the balance is too small in his gtb bank, but he will also provide his Micro Finance Bank statement showing balance of 1.3 to 1.5 million naira. Do u think Australian High Commission will accept micro finance bank statement, because the balance is more heavy than his GTB account, but he's providing the two. What do u think guys??
Re: Australia Tourist Visa Application by dellnet: 5:00am On Apr 02, 2011
usewisdom:

What percentage would u give on this application?
If I am the visa officer I would definitely deny you. Why? because your information is too obvious you are providing things you were not asked for. For example #3, #4, #5, your application shows you have multiple personality. Read here for more info http://www.immi.gov.au/visitors/_pdf/676-visa-checklist.pdf
Re: Australia Tourist Visa Application by usewisdom: 8:52am On Apr 02, 2011
Nawa for people like for this life. Nothing in this life go satisfy u. The last time I raised similar question,and some of u said applicant need to provide his/her wedding and family pictures because marriage certificate is now common to fordge. Now here u said it again that it is too obvious. When my friend's brother submitted his application to Australia last year, he indicated in his form that he got 5 children and legally got married, the Australian High Commission contacted the vfs to contact him to provide his 5 children birth certificates and his wedding pictures also with family pictures as a strong documentary evidence as his families. So tell me, what is family ties??. I'm not applying for the visa, it's my friend in 9ja. I'm in Ireland with my family. The only thing I want to confirm is if the Australian High commission will accept Micro-finance bank statement. Period.
Re: Australia Tourist Visa Application by usewisdom: 9:33am On Apr 02, 2011
shows the visitor's itinerary and also partly confirms you have intentions to return to your home country. Always better to make your application " proof" cos u no know which kain ogogoro the consul use take enta office.
Re: Australia Tourist Visa Application by dellnet: 9:41am On Apr 02, 2011
oga, when they ask you then you send. Family ties can be father, mother, sisters, brothers, just as the Canadian embassy would ask you for DOB of your siblings. Yes can accept any financial institute statement. Better to support your application if asked then make it sound obvious.
Re: Australia Tourist Visa Application by usewisdom: 3:46pm On Apr 02, 2011
ok sir, but are u sure that Australian High Commission will accept or accept MICRO FINANCE Bank Statement?
Re: Australia Tourist Visa Application by dellnet: 5:24pm On Apr 02, 2011
usewisdom:

ok sir, but are u sure that Australian High Commission will accept or accept MICRO FINANCE Bank Statement?
Oga just out of curiosity why would you keep money in a Micro Finance Bank?
Re: Australia Tourist Visa Application by Nobody: 12:25pm On Apr 03, 2011
The wedding pics is not necessary once you have the certificate of your marriage and childeren's brith cert.if needed ,they will tell u.

you dnt need the credentials: for what as a tourist will you need that for?it shows you are intending to take an employment opprotunity as an intregal of your visit.

police crime details might not be necessary too: are you standing longer than 3 months? well am not sure you need this cos it is not stated on the requirement

vfs fees as at feb was 38k plus , so be sure.

pls dnt send documents that seems questioning, process takes 4-5 weeks if not more than.

is your main purpose tourist? i suggest you attached it to a short course.

the bank stmt from micro finance bank seems doubting , maybe you dnt include gtb acct. cos the variance is well too large, that's my view.having 1.5 on one acct and the other is100k is flimsy

Good look.
Re: Australia Tourist Visa Application by Nobody: 12:26pm On Apr 03, 2011
pls include your travel itinerary too
Re: Australia Tourist Visa Application by usewisdom: 2:31pm On Apr 03, 2011
@ resourse, thanks for your excellent advice. Do u mean he should not submit the Micro Finance statement of 1.3million together with GTBank of 100k? Secondly, what do u mean by short cause? I think visa fee is $110 and vfs about N34,000? Pls explain better, thks.
Re: Australia Tourist Visa Application by usewisdom: 2:46pm On Apr 03, 2011
resourse, I've told my friend to remove his wedding pictures and credentials with family pics, and the police criminal checks. Also, have u seen anyone that submitted Micro Finance statement to Australia High Commission? Someone told me that it was stated on their website they don't accept form of investment account? What do u think? Have u applied before?
Re: Australia Tourist Visa Application by iyeayo(f): 2:12am On Apr 05, 2011
usewisdom:

resourse, I've told my friend to remove his wedding pictures and credentials with family pics, and the police criminal checks. Also, have u seen anyone that submitted Micro Finance statement to Australia High Commission? Someone told me that it was stated on their website they don't accept form of investment account? What do u think? Have u applied before?

Let me give you some advice based on my mum's tourist visa that was granted without any hassle.

If your friend is applying for a tourist visa but he is NOT planning to take his family, then I will strngly advise you to tell him to include his family picture. He needs to show that has a strong tie in Nigeria that is enough to force him to go back when his visa expires. Family especially kids are evidence of a strong tie when applying for a temp visa. My mum included documents of her properties, family picture of her and my siblings, a picture she took at her development site.

The embassy people want to be convinced that he will return.
If on the other hand he is not planning to take his family, then I dont think it is necessary.

I will also advise that he should put only one bank statement, maybve the micro finance one and leave out the GTB one (hope he is not being dodgy). The most important thing is that the account is verifiable and the money is readily accessible and it is not locked up in an investment or fixed account.

Strictly NO CREDENTIALS if he is going on a tourist visa, not even a torn piece of his CV. Even when he has been given the visa, at the border, if he is being searched and the credentials are found on him, straight back to naija o!

2 Likes

Re: Australia Tourist Visa Application by usewisdom: 9:43am On Apr 06, 2011
@ iyeayo,u're completely right. thanks so much and God bless u. So that means the Australia High Commission accepts Micro Finance Bank Statement
Re: Australia Tourist Visa Application by iyeayo(f): 9:42pm On Apr 06, 2011
usewisdom:

@ iyeayo,u're completely right. thanks so much and God bless u. So that means the Australia High Commission accepts Micro Finance Bank Statement

I am not sure really, most embassies no long trust statments from micro fin banks. You may want to ask around or contact the Aus HC, but I really don't see any issue as long as the account is verifiable and the money is readily accessible. Your friend would need to stay consistent and hav a gud and convincing reason why he is keeping his money in a MFB. The money must hv been held in the account consistently for at least 3 months prior to visa application
Re: Australia Tourist Visa Application by usewisdom: 1:41pm On Apr 12, 2011
Does anyone know how long the Australia Toursit Visa processing take to process and ready for collection through the VFS?
Re: Australia Tourist Visa Application by naijaspeak(m): 3:35pm On Apr 13, 2011
How much does a flight ticket to Australia cost?

I want to know the cost of a to and fro ( return ticket )

thanks
Re: Australia Tourist Visa Application by usewisdom: 2:33pm On May 18, 2011
I think its around 480k by emirate
Re: Australia Tourist Visa Application by unclepauly: 4:10am On Jan 12, 2023
Good morning Iyeayo. Thanks for the information below but can you share the site and document required for Australia tourist visa?
Thanks

iyeayo:

Let me give you some advice based on my mum's tourist visa that was granted without any hassle.

If your friend is applying for a tourist visa but he is NOT planning to take his family, then I will strngly advise you to tell him to include his family picture. He needs to show that has a strong tie in Nigeria that is enough to force him to go back when his visa expires. Family especially kids are evidence of a strong tie when applying for a temp visa. My mum included documents of her properties, family picture of her and my siblings, a picture she took at her development site.

The embassy people want to be convinced that he will return.
If on the other hand he is not planning to take his family, then I dont think it is necessary.

I will also advise that he should put only one bank statement, maybve the micro finance one and leave out the GTB one (hope he is not being dodgy). The most important thing is that the account is verifiable and the money is readily accessible and it is not locked up in an investment or fixed account.

Strictly NO CREDENTIALS if he is going on a tourist visa, not even a torn piece of his CV. Even when he has been given the visa, at the border, if he is being searched and the credentials are found on him, straight back to naija o!
Re: Australia Tourist Visa Application by Maria96: 11:36am On Jan 12, 2023
unclepauly:
Good morning Iyeayo. Thanks for the information below but can you share the site and document required for Australia tourist visa?
Thanks

The person you quoted last visited nairaland in 2014 .
Re: Australia Tourist Visa Application by unclepauly: 11:45am On Jan 12, 2023
Thanks Maria96 but kind you be so kind in sharing the documentation required for Australia tourist visa
Maria96:
The person you quoted last visited nairaland in 2014 .
Re: Australia Tourist Visa Application by Maria96: 3:26pm On Jan 12, 2023
unclepauly:
Thanks Maria96 but kind you be so kind in sharing the documentation required for Australia tourist visa
have you tried google
Re: Australia Tourist Visa Application by terrymiket15: 6:45pm On Jan 29, 2023
Good evening everyone I need your advice & ideas on Australia Tourist Visa Application, mainly from those that has applied before or knows more about their requirements. I'm about to apply for a tourist visa to Australia , please I need your advice what document will be provided...

Thanks

(1) (Reply)

Dana, ADC & Sosoliso Ban: Airline Operators Want Ban Lifted / Ethiopian Airlines To Begin Flights To Kano / China: First Thing That Comes To Mind?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.