Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,271 members, 7,954,058 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 11:41 AM

Why Do Some Politicians Happy When They Call Them "The Chair"? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Do Some Politicians Happy When They Call Them "The Chair"? (588 Views)

Why Are Yoruba People Happy When Anioma/ikwerre People Claim They Are Not Igbo / The Fear Of A New Era, Some Politicians Would Get Buried With Curruption. / Some Politicians Don't Know The Three Arms of Govt. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Why Do Some Politicians Happy When They Call Them "The Chair"? by gunuvi(m): 11:19am On Jul 27, 2012
Hello NLs,
I have been wondering for some times why our politicians love to be hailed by all manners of names and signs no matter what the name is, they are always happy if the name is to make people around them respect them.
I was in a friends daughter's graduation yesterday and one of the Local Govt Chairman arrived and everyone was hailing 'The Chair!!, The Chair!!!!n The Chiar!!!!" And he was sooo happy by the recognition as The chair. He used almost 30 mins shaking hands around for everyone to know he is truly "the chair".
To me I felt that many people are rather making mock of him by the name..what do you think? And have you also experienced similar situations before?

(1) (Reply)

Jonathan’s Aides Go After PDP Chief Sam Jaja Over Impeachment Comment / Army Beats A Young Boy! / How Abia State Governor Is Destroying Local Govt System.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 5
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.