Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,564 members, 7,955,092 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 04:42 PM

Sahara Group Graduate Management Program 2012 - Jobs/Vacancies (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Sahara Group Graduate Management Program 2012 (15237 Views)

Sahara Group 2015 Graduate Aptitude Test / Japaul Group Graduate Trainee Recruitment 2014 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Sahara Group Graduate Management Program 2012 by VERAODIH: 11:07am On Jul 31, 2012
@ zibe, tanks, yea its earth group nothin yet for us, mayb he will come up with smt today, wat time is ur interview?
Re: Sahara Group Graduate Management Program 2012 by VERAODIH: 11:15am On Jul 31, 2012
zibe: @Vera Odih, wind group and earth group are two different groups. I'm in earth group and we weren't asked to bring the Nokia phone. That task is for the Water and Wind groups. Hope I've clearified it.
@ zibe, i get it, tanks, wonder what he will come up with for us, wat time is ur interview?
Re: Sahara Group Graduate Management Program 2012 by zibe(m): 11:34am On Jul 31, 2012
VERA ODIH:
@ zibe, i get it, tanks, wonder what he will come up with for us, wat time is ur interview?

I just confirmed mine to be 9am, thursday...thought it was 8am. Anyway, all the best!
Re: Sahara Group Graduate Management Program 2012 by Evagreenfields: 2:32pm On Jul 31, 2012
Seems m the only one here in fire group. Mine is for 10.00 on Friday
Re: Sahara Group Graduate Management Program 2012 by zibe(m): 3:15pm On Jul 31, 2012
Hehehe. Ash just told us to look for the white Nokia. I guess this will finally be for all groups. Oh well!
Re: Sahara Group Graduate Management Program 2012 by barrf: 6:17pm On Jul 31, 2012
hello guys. i also got the sahara invite.my interview is on thurs.please does anybody know what to expect and where we can possibly find/buy that nokia 3310 phone?
Re: Sahara Group Graduate Management Program 2012 by VERAODIH: 10:56am On Aug 01, 2012
hi peps! pls who has done the interview so far and ow did it go?
Re: Sahara Group Graduate Management Program 2012 by samsown: 6:45am On Aug 02, 2012
Hi guys, Earth person here. Anyone with info about the interview process this year should please share. If we don't get any info, my suggestion is to be ready for whatever. Aptitude test, brain teasers etc. The key is to be calm and calculative. My interview is 3pm today. All the best y'all!
Re: Sahara Group Graduate Management Program 2012 by zibe(m): 7:59pm On Aug 02, 2012
samsown: Hi guys, Earth person here. Anyone with info about the interview process this year should please share. If we don't get any info, my suggestion is to be ready for whatever. Aptitude test, brain teasers etc. The key is to be calm and calculative. My interview is 3pm today. All the best y'all!

Hope the interview finally went well for you. Mine was by 9am and it went fine. I just hope and pray I scale through to the second stage. Young group of people in the panel doing the interview. Really motivated me sha.
Re: Sahara Group Graduate Management Program 2012 by sleeky8(m): 8:28pm On Aug 02, 2012
zibe:

Hope the interview finally went well for you. Mine was by 9am and it went fine. I just hope and pray I scale through to the second stage. Young group of people in the panel doing the interview. Really motivated me sha.

pls tel us in details hw d interview went
Re: Sahara Group Graduate Management Program 2012 by zibe(m): 10:13pm On Aug 02, 2012
sleeky8:

pls tel us in details hw d interview went

Got there on time and waited till they called my me, along with another guy, to enter the interview room. There were like 5 of them in the panel and the whole thing didn't take more than five minutes.

First off they started bombarding my partner about his age and why he looks far older than his stipulated age and if he has his birth certificate, C.V, picture or the nokia phone with him. He came with none and they kinda got pissed off I guess and even started asking him about his academic history (from nursery to present with dates), and finally told him to market a product to me.

Then they faced me. I gave them all the documents above. They then went on by asking me to tell them what I'm doing right now to add value to myself (told them I just passed out from NYSC and currently undergoing my ICAN programme). They then asked me why not ACCA...blah blah. I gave them reasons for my choice too. Someone else asked me what my future goals are and if a finance-related department is actually the only place I see my self working in. Some other questions in between sha.

I got the idea that its actually not what you answer but how you answer and how confident you are while answering these questions that may matter.
Re: Sahara Group Graduate Management Program 2012 by sleeky8(m): 12:00am On Aug 03, 2012
zibe:

Got there on time and waited till they called my me, along with another guy, to enter the interview room. There were like 5 of them in the panel and the whole thing didn't take more than five minutes.

First off they started bombarding my partner about his age and why he looks far older than his stipulated age and if he has his birth certificate, C.V, picture or the nokia phone with him. He came with none and they kinda got pissed off I guess and even started asking him about his academic history (from nursery to present with dates), and finally told him to market a product to me.

Then they faced me. I gave them all the documents above. They then went on by asking me to tell them what I'm doing right now to add value to myself (told them I just passed out from NYSC and currently undergoing my ICAN programme). They then asked me why not ACCA...blah blah. I gave them reasons for my choice too. Someone else asked me what my future goals are and if a finance-related department is actually the only place I see my self working in. Some other questions in between sha.

I got the idea that its actually not what you answer but how you answer and how confident you are while answering these questions that may matter.

fanks bro 4 ur response i agree wit u on d last part of ur write up i recently did mtn interview and even though i faild sum of d questions i got a kall back 4 a second interview reason being i was so fuckin confident givin ma interviewer wrng answers plus i lukd at her straight in d eye and didnt flinch.

On d q "do u c urself workin only in a finance relatd field" pls tel mi hw u answerd cus i feel its a trick q. Did u make a 2.1 cus ma calculations is dat only dat grade of applicants were invitd
Re: Sahara Group Graduate Management Program 2012 by sleeky8(m): 12:01am On Aug 03, 2012
zibe:

fanks bro 4 ur response i agree wit u on d last part of ur write up i recently did mtn interview and even though i faild sum of d questions i got a kall back 4 a second interview reason being i was so fuckin confident givin ma interviewer wrng answers plus i lukd at her straight in d eye and didnt flinch.

On d q "do u c urself workin only in a finance relatd field" pls tel mi hw u answerd cus i feel its a trick q. Did u make a 2.1 cus ma calculations is dat only dat grade of applicants were invitd
Re: Sahara Group Graduate Management Program 2012 by 100shades: 1:04am On Aug 03, 2012
Hello nairalanders, my name was under wind group so my interview was on tuesday. It was different and what they are basically looking for in my opinion is your confidence level.

However Ash has deactivated his fb profile so those of us on wind group can no longer access him or probably those who made it will be contacted via another means.

Is this peculiar with other groups?

Success to everyone!
Re: Sahara Group Graduate Management Program 2012 by zibe(m): 1:37am On Aug 03, 2012
sleeky8:

Yea, I sensed it as a trick question, but I didn't know what answer could be wrong or right, so I answered it the best way I felt I could answer it...by replying with a bold "Yes", cos they insisted on just a yes or no.

@100shades, same thing applies to my group, the earth group and I thinkit also applies to other groups. Haven't been able to access his profile or posts. Let's see how it all plays out.
Re: Sahara Group Graduate Management Program 2012 by samsown: 6:45am On Aug 03, 2012
@ziba thanks it went great. Funny....they didn't ask me abt my phone, baby picture or anything. Just a bunch of questions about where I served. They also asked me to sell one of them a chair. Think I did good but guess I'll be sure when I get invited for stage 2. f
Re: Sahara Group Graduate Management Program 2012 by zibe(m): 8:23am On Aug 03, 2012
@sleeky8, yea I made a 2.1, but I think people that made 2.2 were called too. I don't want to believe that they'll shun them after stating that both 2.1 and 2.2 should apply.

@samsown, ok that's good to hear. Let's keep hope alive.
Re: Sahara Group Graduate Management Program 2012 by 100shades: 11:52am On Aug 03, 2012
I just heard that some people can still view asharami profile in the groups so those of us who can't have probably been bounced athink.

Fingers still crossed tho. I wish they would just employ the normal communication process instead of keping people hanging.
Re: Sahara Group Graduate Management Program 2012 by zibe(m): 1:37pm On Aug 03, 2012
Evagreenfields: Seems m the only one here in fire group. Mine is for 10.00 on Friday

You should be done by now. How was it oo. Hope it went great.

@100 shades, chill a little. Elimination would most likely start after fire group's interview today. They can't also view his profile. Does that mean that people who haven't even done the interview yet will be eliminated? I don't think so!
Re: Sahara Group Graduate Management Program 2012 by sleeky8(m): 3:43pm On Aug 03, 2012
zibe: @sleeky8, yea I made a 2.1, but I think people that made 2.2 were called too. I don't want to believe that they'll shun them after stating that both 2.1 and 2.2 should apply.

@samsown, ok that's good to hear. Let's keep hope alive.

i want 2 disagree, most pple i kwn dat made a 2.2 +moi inclusive+ didnt get an invite.
Re: Sahara Group Graduate Management Program 2012 by Evagreenfields: 11:01am On Aug 04, 2012
@zibe it was fine. Was asked to sing my secondary school anthem . Apparently one of the interviewers was an Alumini. After that I was asked some simply arithmetic questions
Re: Sahara Group Graduate Management Program 2012 by sandiyke(f): 6:21pm On Aug 07, 2012
Hi guyz, lets keep dis thread alive. Watz up wif ur groups nd ASH? We in d water group r waitin for ASH seriously. *laffin*
Re: Sahara Group Graduate Management Program 2012 by VERAODIH: 10:13pm On Aug 07, 2012
hi nairalanders,while we are still waiting for Ash,pls does anyone have any clue as per the format of
diamond bank test,pls i would like to know asap cos i have a test wiv them very soon,tanks peps
Re: Sahara Group Graduate Management Program 2012 by samsown: 7:39am On Aug 08, 2012
i advice you google it....once had the link to all those banks but lost it....if you can't find it, then just study gre/gmat questions.
Prepares your mind mentally.
@sandiyke earth group is still waiting for Ash too.....heard its not supposed to take this long.....fingers crossed though!
Re: Sahara Group Graduate Management Program 2012 by Evagreenfields: 11:36am On Aug 08, 2012
Hey Vera where is your venue? I got abuja Bt av got an interview on Friday so I can't make it to abuja that same day against Saturday.
Re: Sahara Group Graduate Management Program 2012 by VERAODIH: 10:05pm On Aug 08, 2012
@ samsown tanks
@evagreen,yea its abj, all the best in your interview
Re: Sahara Group Graduate Management Program 2012 by samsown: 5:29pm On Aug 09, 2012
just got an email from ash....for stage 2, we're supposed to be in our traditional attires.
Did any one here apply for Nigerian breweries mgt program?
Re: Sahara Group Graduate Management Program 2012 by zibe(m): 5:52pm On Aug 09, 2012
samsown: just got an email from ash....for stage 2, we're supposed to be in our traditional attires.
Did any one here apply for Nigerian breweries mgt program?

I also got the invitation for stage two. Mine is 11am on the 14th. What of you?...and yea, I also applied for NB. They said we should be expecting the test from the 15th.
Re: Sahara Group Graduate Management Program 2012 by Evagreenfields: 6:45pm On Aug 09, 2012
Thanks a bunch Vera. Apparently I didn't make it to the next stage for Sahara, I wish the rest of u the best of luck..
Re: Sahara Group Graduate Management Program 2012 by VERAODIH: 9:55pm On Aug 09, 2012
@ samsown, mine is on the 15th, pls can u fill me in after urs on the 14th since mine is the nxt day, tanks!
and i also applied for Nigerian breweries
Re: Sahara Group Graduate Management Program 2012 by zibe(m): 9:05am On Aug 10, 2012
Evagreenfields: Thanks a bunch Vera. Apparently I didn't make it to the next stage for Sahara, I wish the rest of u the best of luck..

Wow...all the best in your endeavours dear. We aren't even sure of anything yet. We can only hope and pray even as we do our best.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Who Knows About Nathan Pryce? / Abinbev Talent Acceleration Programme 2020 (abinbev Graduate Trainee Programme) / N-power, NG Remains Committed To A Fair And Transparent Process.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.