Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,356 members, 7,819,278 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:40 PM

Sen Barigha-amange's Daughter Kidnapped In Port Harcourt - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Sen Barigha-amange's Daughter Kidnapped In Port Harcourt (8911 Views)

Five Fulani Herds­men Kidnapped In Abia Community / How A Woman Was Randomly Kidnapped In Rivers State Yesterday / Police Rescues 52 Year Old Woman Kidnapped In Lagos [see Photos] (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Sen Barigha-amange's Daughter Kidnapped In Port Harcourt by mukina2: 9:31am On Jul 28, 2012
The daughter of Senator Nimi Barigha-Amange, Mrs. Diepreye Dagi Darego, was yesterday kidnapped in Port Harcourt, the Rivers State capital. She was moved to an unknown destination.

She was kidnapped around 9 am on the dualised road to the Port Harcourt International Airport, while going to receive her sister at the airport currently under reconstruction.

The incident occurred a few days after four kidnappers, including a woman, were arrested and their victim rescued in Port Harcourt by men of the Rivers State Police Command.

Barigha-Amange, a lawyer and an indigene of coastal Nembe-Ogbolomabiri in Nembe Local Government Area of Bayelsa State, represented Bayelsa East Senatorial District in the National Assembly between 2007 and 2011. He is now based in Port Harcourt.

The ex-legislator revealed that the unknown gunmen shot repeatedly at the car conveying his daughter, before seizing her.

Barigha-Amange said: “The sister, Diepreye (kidnapped woman) was going to the Port Harcourt International Airport to pick her. She is planning her traditional marriage, which is supposed to commence today (Saturday) in Bayelsa State.

“The vehicle used by my daughter, from which she was kidnapped, has been recovered from the kidnappers, but her actual destination is yet to be ascertained.

“The kidnappers have been communicating with my relatives. I am pleading with them to release my daughter unhurt.”

The Ijaw leader expressed optimism that with the efforts of the anti-kidnapping squad in the office of Rivers Commissioner of Police, operatives of the State Security Service (SSS) and other security agencies, his daughter would soon regain her freedom.

http://www.thenationonlineng.net/2011/index.php/news/55451-senator%E2%80%99s-daughter-kidnapped-in-port-harcourt.html
Re: Sen Barigha-amange's Daughter Kidnapped In Port Harcourt by wowo2: 10:28am On Jul 28, 2012
A nation in crisis. Hope someone - who should - gives a Damn.

1 Like

Re: Sen Barigha-amange's Daughter Kidnapped In Port Harcourt by airfinance(m): 10:33am On Jul 28, 2012
How much dey wan collect. it is a bad thing though cos the lady is innocent. But the money wey the father steal while serving as a senator wld be used for settlement. How many people's lives has he touched while serving?lots of nigerians are dying becos of their useless legislation.

1 Like

Re: Sen Barigha-amange's Daughter Kidnapped In Port Harcourt by kulutempa: 10:33am On Jul 28, 2012
Soon the poor in Nigeria would have nothing left to eat but the rich.

-Placard carried by a protester during the January fuel subsidy protests.

7 Likes

Re: Sen Barigha-amange's Daughter Kidnapped In Port Harcourt by azimibraun: 10:34am On Jul 28, 2012
See hammer! Dos guys wey pull dis kid racket don made.. Abeg pictures of d babe pls. Mk i see hw hot she dey weda dos guys go wan dey tempted 2 touch.
Re: Sen Barigha-amange's Daughter Kidnapped In Port Harcourt by brownlord: 10:44am On Jul 28, 2012
And so what, are others not kidnapped everyday, abegi,
Re: Sen Barigha-amange's Daughter Kidnapped In Port Harcourt by lookmangiw(m): 10:57am On Jul 28, 2012
Nice one.
Re: Sen Barigha-amange's Daughter Kidnapped In Port Harcourt by Afam4eva(m): 11:04am On Jul 28, 2012
This man is definitely gonna cough out some cool cash. I just hope that the lady is released unhurt, untouched and unbroken.
Re: Sen Barigha-amange's Daughter Kidnapped In Port Harcourt by gegee(m): 11:08am On Jul 28, 2012
Evil is evil anywhere anytime anyway
Re: Sen Barigha-amange's Daughter Kidnapped In Port Harcourt by chievo: 11:10am On Jul 28, 2012
We heard ds one cos its senator's daughter,anyway,they shldnt trust d NPF by puttn al their eggs in one basket,they shld also consider negotiatn wt the kidnappers.its a pity though.
Re: Sen Barigha-amange's Daughter Kidnapped In Port Harcourt by ballabriggs: 11:14am On Jul 28, 2012
Errrmmm

Re: Sen Barigha-amange's Daughter Kidnapped In Port Harcourt by alaoeri: 11:17am On Jul 28, 2012
Pathetic situation, its started gradually with foreigners now indigenes & getting worse the early our leaders find lasting solution τ̲̅ȍ this mess the better.
Re: Sen Barigha-amange's Daughter Kidnapped In Port Harcourt by pyyxxaro: 11:17am On Jul 28, 2012
I pray dose rude men dont dance Windeck n Azonto ontop her body.................. grin shocked cry
Re: Sen Barigha-amange's Daughter Kidnapped In Port Harcourt by waja(m): 11:17am On Jul 28, 2012
The wages of looting, is kidnapping. If the senators had been depending on their salary, they won't be super rich. Hence no one will go for them or family member.
Re: Sen Barigha-amange's Daughter Kidnapped In Port Harcourt by Nobody: 11:18am On Jul 28, 2012
I am shocked at the extent the politician have made their citizen to be this heartless. We are supposed to pray that the innocent lady be rescued and regain her freedom. Cmon guys,today is supposed to be her wedding day. We need to sympathise with this lady and condemn kidnapping. However,we have been forced to unleash our frustrations on them cos the lady surely enjoy of our oil money. Most of these godless and selfish politicians used our money to finance the extravagant lifestyle of their children abroad. As much as i hope and pray the innocent lady be freed, the bible say THE SIN OF THE FATHER SHALL BE REQUESTED ON THEIR CHILDREN AND GRAND CHILDREN.
Re: Sen Barigha-amange's Daughter Kidnapped In Port Harcourt by Nobody: 11:24am On Jul 28, 2012
Who cares.
Re: Sen Barigha-amange's Daughter Kidnapped In Port Harcourt by Nobody: 11:28am On Jul 28, 2012
I am always very disturbed when I hear that a young woman/girl has been kidnapped. . . .because it's almost inevitable that she would be molested by those animals as a 'fringe benefit'. Let's face it, it would take a miracle for a young lady to be at the mercy of several hoodlums in the middle of nowhere and avoid being sadistically humiliated. We can't assume the hoodlums would be guided by morality or scruples - if they had any, they wouldn't be kidnappers in the first place.

May God help her. Really sad.
Re: Sen Barigha-amange's Daughter Kidnapped In Port Harcourt by ukpaku: 11:28am On Jul 28, 2012
pray they release ur daughter alive rather releasing her unhut. Though ur daughter wil b lease safly IJN
Re: Sen Barigha-amange's Daughter Kidnapped In Port Harcourt by LordBabs(m): 11:35am On Jul 28, 2012
I too don't give a damn!
Re: Sen Barigha-amange's Daughter Kidnapped In Port Harcourt by Ortis: 11:38am On Jul 28, 2012
Dis ar d peepz meant 4 kidnappers,nt poor peeps or buisnex men.....Pls mr.kidnappers request 4 500milion cos it is a way of taking back wat dis politicians has stolen away 4rm us... .
Re: Sen Barigha-amange's Daughter Kidnapped In Port Harcourt by Dipwater(m): 11:41am On Jul 28, 2012
I will take it as a goodnews cuz this ba/st/ard politicians have looted more than enough,leaving the masses in abject poverty.what has she (daughter)done for the poor in her community. I wish her death in the hands of the kidnappers .instead of kidnapping inocent citizens and white men they shuld kidnap and waste all the useless politicians and their miserable families in this country

These so called pliticians had made laws that have impoverished their people. They loot money that shuld have been used to better the lives of the poor in term of education,standard of living ,healthcare etc and use it to send their use/less children abraod for education and they want those children to come back to africa to be treated well by the same people they have cheated.

Pls people am not a wicked person but it hurts so much to see what people go thru in this country and I am not in support of kidnapping but if they wanna do it ,I wuld prfer them to kidnapp the politians and their families

3 Likes

Re: Sen Barigha-amange's Daughter Kidnapped In Port Harcourt by blessed4ril(f): 11:45am On Jul 28, 2012
2bad! May God rescue her
Re: Sen Barigha-amange's Daughter Kidnapped In Port Harcourt by Claumy2(m): 11:52am On Jul 28, 2012
If these so called senators had refused to siphone the money of this country, no one can hardly think of doing evil to them.
This is what you get when you throw stone in the market.
Your mother, wife or a closet may be the victim.
Stop looting public fund and be free
Re: Sen Barigha-amange's Daughter Kidnapped In Port Harcourt by Dipwater(m): 11:54am On Jul 28, 2012
Kidnappers and politicians are the same
Politicians kidnaps our money while those fools kidnap the politian and demand for ransome chikena grin

2 Likes

Re: Sen Barigha-amange's Daughter Kidnapped In Port Harcourt by brownlord: 12:01pm On Jul 28, 2012
mukina2:

http://www.thenationonlineng.net/2011/index.php/news/55451-senator%E2%80%99s-daughter-kidnapped-in-port-harcourt.html

Going to pick up her sister from the airport, how many other Nigerians are able to board a first class bus not to talk of flying on air, the only painful tin say na the politician pekin, assuming na the politian emself, i for don dey happy since na
Re: Sen Barigha-amange's Daughter Kidnapped In Port Harcourt by Ahmedie25(m): 12:10pm On Jul 28, 2012
I thought is only north that is unsafe,copers that reject northern states beware
Re: Sen Barigha-amange's Daughter Kidnapped In Port Harcourt by gRutiE(f): 12:30pm On Jul 28, 2012
but whatever the case is not enough reason to kidnap an innocent girl that is about attending wedding. This is wickedness at the highest level. And as far as am concern south is far safer than north that you dont know when they would bomb and no freedom to worship your God. Pls kiddnapers liv d chic
Re: Sen Barigha-amange's Daughter Kidnapped In Port Harcourt by Nobody: 12:46pm On Jul 28, 2012
pro01: I am always very disturbed when I hear that a young woman/girl has been kidnapped. . . .because it's almost inevitable that she would be molested by those animals as a 'fringe benefit'. Let's face it, it would take a miracle for a young lady to be at the mercy of several hoodlums in the middle of nowhere and avoid being sadistically humiliated. We can't assume the hoodlums would be guided by morality or scruples - if they had any, they wouldn't be kidnappers in the first place.

May God help her. Really sad.
You said it all ! Really sad situation.
Re: Sen Barigha-amange's Daughter Kidnapped In Port Harcourt by buzugee(m): 1:02pm On Jul 28, 2012
gRutiE: but whatever the case is not enough reason to kidnap an innocent girl that is about attending wedding. This is wickedness at the highest level. And as far as am concern south is far safer than north that you dont know when they would bomb and no freedom to worship your God. Pls kiddnapers liv d chic
email me where you live so i can come and punch you in the face. destroying millions of lives by looting the country is not wickedness of the highest level abi ? at least in this case it is only one life that will be destroyed. anyway whatever happens to her eventually if she makes it out alive or not is Gods judgement.

isaiah 14 vs 21 Prepare slaughter for his children for the iniquity of their fathers

1 samuel 2 vs 6 The LORD brings death and makes alive; he brings down to the grave and raises up.

deuteronomy 32 vs 39 See now that I, even I, am he, and there is no god with me: I kill, and I make alive; I wound, and I heal: neither is there any that can deliver out of my hand.

2 Likes

Re: Sen Barigha-amange's Daughter Kidnapped In Port Harcourt by Bastiger(m): 1:19pm On Jul 28, 2012
The sins of the fathers shall be visited upon their children to the third and fourth generation

1 Like

Re: Sen Barigha-amange's Daughter Kidnapped In Port Harcourt by Nobody: 1:25pm On Jul 28, 2012
ha, i pity dis kidnappers o, barigha amange na GEJ padi o, he's very close to Jonah ryt 4rm his bayelsa days

(1) (2) (Reply)

44444 / Female Student Bathed With Acid. Pure wickedness! / Couple Who Filmed Themselves In Sex Acts With Pet Dog, Charged To Court (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.