Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,744 members, 7,827,749 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 04:13 PM

₦8Bn For African First Ladies Secretariat Permanent Site - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / ₦8Bn For African First Ladies Secretariat Permanent Site (10659 Views)

Toyin Saraki Represents Aisha Buhari At African First Ladies Meeting (Photos) / 5 African First Ladies Who Cheated On Their Husbands (photos) / African First Ladies Summit: Dame Patience Rigs Out Aisha Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: ₦8Bn For African First Ladies Secretariat Permanent Site by ypzilanti: 3:47pm On Jul 28, 2012
smile4kenn: Indications emerged yesterday in Abuja at the ongoing African First Ladies Peace Summit that Corporate Nigeria, an amalgamation of multi-national companies operating in the country are to fund the proposed African First Ladies’ Peace Centre in Abuja.

Nigerian First Lady and Chairperson of the group, Dame Patience Jonathan said the donation by the companies is a resolve by the group to the course of sustainable peace in the continent.

Mrs. Jonathan listed some of the companies to PW Construction, Arab Contractors, First Bank, United Bank for Africa (UBA), Access Bank, Setraco Construction, ZeRock Construction, RCC, Reynolds Construction among others.

She told the audience that some of the donors who had pledged to assist in the construction of the edifice demanded that their identity should not be made public. The project cost is put at about $50 million (about N8 billion).

A representative of Setraco Construction who spoke on the behalf of other donors said the project located at the centre of Abuja when completed will cater for most of the activities the African First Ladies, such as secretariat, offices, restaurants, exhibition centers and parking space.

Also, President of Malawi, Joyce Banda in a statement urged the forum to use their enormous influence with the corridors of power in the continent to ensure that peace reins.

According to Banda, “it is very unfortunate that modern Africa has become synonymous with suffering and in most cases; this is due to internal conflicts that could easily be avoided if we all take a role, using our various positions in militating against conflicts.”

http://www.thisdaylive.com/articles/nigerian-foreign-companies-donate-n8bn-to-african-first-ladies-peace-centre/121012/

Turia collected billions from Nigerian companies to build a hospital in Abuja. We are still waiting for that hospital.
Re: ₦8Bn For African First Ladies Secretariat Permanent Site by ypzilanti: 3:52pm On Jul 28, 2012
buzugee: dont let docile people like nuclearboy and danwo tell you that you are angry because of personal circumstances in your life. as far as they are concerned you should ignore all the atrocities in the country so long as your own life is fine. let the over 100 million starving nigerians fend for themselves.

Nigeria's problems will catch up to us all eventually except you are lucky or abundantly protected by God's grace.

Ask the senator whose daughter was kidnapped today, or Elumelu whose mother was kidnapped...or countless rich people who have lost relatives in the most useless manner due to a non functioning government.

1 Like

Re: ₦8Bn For African First Ladies Secretariat Permanent Site by gegee(m): 3:52pm On Jul 28, 2012
OYINBOGOJU:

Ode with chicken brain

You stick with the official report instead for you to use your brain.

and because its what ur thinking then it mut be right ?
Re: ₦8Bn For African First Ladies Secretariat Permanent Site by taharqa: 3:54pm On Jul 28, 2012
chucky234: PEJ is the president of the First Lady Peace Mission and expected to contribute 50% of the estimated N8bn, were is the N4bn coming from?
Where did u get dis info 4rm? U guys hv no shame; old men Lying cos of Power. Where in d article was it startd dat Nigeria was going to foot this.was it not clearly startd in d article dat all membas(ie 54 African First Lady) shld contribute towards dier own NGO? Gosh!

1 Like

Re: ₦8Bn For African First Ladies Secretariat Permanent Site by cheddarking(m): 3:56pm On Jul 28, 2012
There are Nigerians being held hostage by pirates demanding 3Million dollars in Somalia which the Government has Ignored...

But They want to spend 50 million dollars on this Glorified Brothel...

God save us from this Government....

2 Likes

Re: ₦8Bn For African First Ladies Secretariat Permanent Site by ziccoit: 3:59pm On Jul 28, 2012
smile4kenn: Indications emerged yesterday in Abuja at the ongoing African First Ladies Peace Summit that Corporate Nigeria, an amalgamation of multi-national companies operating in the country are to fund the proposed African First Ladies’ Peace Centre in Abuja.

Nigerian First Lady and Chairperson of the group, Dame Patience Jonathan said the donation by the companies is a resolve by the group to the course of sustainable peace in the continent.

Mrs. Jonathan listed some of the companies to PW Construction, Arab Contractors, First Bank, United Bank for Africa (UBA), Access Bank, Setraco Construction, ZeRock Construction, RCC, Reynolds Construction among others.

She told the audience that some of the donors who had pledged to assist in the construction of the edifice demanded that their identity should not be made public. The project cost is put at about $50 million (about N8 billion).

A representative of Setraco Construction who spoke on the behalf of other donors said the project located at the centre of Abuja when completed will cater for most of the activities the African First Ladies, such as secretariat, offices, restaurants, exhibition centers and parking space.

Also, President of Malawi, Joyce Banda in a statement urged the forum to use their enormous influence with the corridors of power in the continent to ensure that peace reins.

According to Banda, “it is very unfortunate that modern Africa has become synonymous with suffering and in most cases; this is due to internal conflicts that could easily be avoided if we all take a role, using our various positions in militating against conflicts.”

http://www.thisdaylive.com/articles/nigerian-foreign-companies-donate-n8bn-to-african-first-ladies-peace-centre/121012/

If these multinationals are forced to contribute towards alleviating the sufferings of less privileges the way PEJ was doing here, we would have had less of avoidable calamities in Nigerian society. Many are in the hospital dying for lack of who to care for them. Here is PEJ misdirecting a wealth to finance a wrong project. When are we going to bring down these people angry angry

1 Like

Re: ₦8Bn For African First Ladies Secretariat Permanent Site by Nobody: 4:01pm On Jul 28, 2012
Its a step in the right direction. Women need extra-empowerment. Beside every successful man, is that mighty desperate-for-success woman.
Re: ₦8Bn For African First Ladies Secretariat Permanent Site by cheddarking(m): 4:05pm On Jul 28, 2012
Honestly...if I was considering joining Boko before...this news will just push me over the edge....

WTF?!

The absurdity is alarming...50 million dollars could seriously alleviate poverty if properly applied...

Yet these whoring 1st ladies, who believe they should have political power because they share beds with African tyrants want to build a Clubhouse where they can 'ensure that peace reigns'.

Literally these women and men have to DIE! Their blood must flow in the gutters around ABUJA...

Basttardds!!!

1 Like

Re: ₦8Bn For African First Ladies Secretariat Permanent Site by Nobody: 4:08pm On Jul 28, 2012
cheddarking: Honestly...if I was considering joining Boko before...this news will just push me over the edge....

WTF?!

The absurdity is alarming...50 million dollars could seriously alleviate poverty if properly applied...

Yet these whoring 1st ladies, who believe they should have political power because they share beds with African tyrants want to build a Clubhouse where they can 'ensure that peace reigns'.

Literally these women and men have to DIE! Their blood must flow in the gutters around ABUJA...

Basttardds!!!
Brother, I hope you didnt drink again today.

1 Like

Re: ₦8Bn For African First Ladies Secretariat Permanent Site by cheddarking(m): 4:09pm On Jul 28, 2012
Billyonaire: Brother, I hope you didnt drink again today.

If you test me, I will diss you really badly today...
Trust...

This news has seriously pissed me off....

1 Like

Re: ₦8Bn For African First Ladies Secretariat Permanent Site by gegee(m): 4:13pm On Jul 28, 2012
chucky234: You must be living under Olumo rock to post that scrap above,clueless moronic goon
. God bless you
Re: ₦8Bn For African First Ladies Secretariat Permanent Site by Nobody: 4:16pm On Jul 28, 2012
cheddarking:

If you test me, I will diss you really badly today...
Trust...

This news has seriously pissed me off....
I am not sure you knew the source of the money thats why you are barking, there are over 10 companies listed there that gave promisory notes to pay for the construction, now, whats biting you ? Your money miss ?

Donors: PW Construction, Arab Contractors, First Bank, United Bank for Africa (UBA), Access Bank, Setraco Construction, ZeRock Construction, RCC, Reynolds Construction among others.
Re: ₦8Bn For African First Ladies Secretariat Permanent Site by misterh(m): 4:23pm On Jul 28, 2012
It's not stated the secretariat will be funded by the Nigerian govt. But what is the use of building that secretariat? Nnkan ti a fi n shey ara wa lo poju! Many African countries are not worth to be called countries with govt coz of lack of amenities, widespread corruption & insecurity. Yet the govt of these countries abt like demigods. When will Africa be a mover in world affairs?
Re: ₦8Bn For African First Ladies Secretariat Permanent Site by jude33084(m): 4:25pm On Jul 28, 2012
[size=15pt] USELESS PEOPLE![/size] angry
Re: ₦8Bn For African First Ladies Secretariat Permanent Site by dedeike: 4:30pm On Jul 28, 2012
Foolishness. Ignorance. Desperation. Blackmail. Propaganda and idiocy can never come in a better form.
When you just feel that these clowns have gone full circle, they come up with another rubbish. I wonder why these hirelings will stop at nothing to blackmail the most responsive and pro people govt in Nigeria's history.

There is nothing in that report or any other report suggestive that a kobo of tax payers money will be involved in that project. So why the hair splitting?
Did you see GEJ or Okonjo IWeala tell you that they are going to release 8 billion for this project?
That report is clear, to anybody who read it, that first ladies numbering over 54 will contribute money for the project. Our own first lady says she will appeal to corporate bodies for help.

An association that prides itself as African First ladies summit met and resolved to build a secretariat of themselves, for themselves, and by themselves. So what's our business?
Except you have all become witches and wizards, I don't see why you should stand in the way of the first ladies to source for sponsorship from corporate bodies and well meaning individuals.

In a saner clime, our discourse on this forum would have been more on how to donate money for this wonderful initiative intended to promote peace in Africa.
Our own first lady deserves real commendation for living up to our giant of Africa status by calling the shots in the comity of African first ladies.

What you haters desire is a situation whereby this, secretariat for whatever it's worth, to be built in Johannesburg or Abidjan? Our first lady is smarter than you dull brains.
If anything, let the secretariat be in Abuja and beautify our landscape. But I'm sure the benefits will go beyond that as Nigerians, not Malawians,Somalians or south Africans, will be recruited as staff of the secretariat.

I understand that the opposition is desirous to win presidency in 2015 but resort to cheap blackmail and propaganda is not the way to go about it.
Re: ₦8Bn For African First Ladies Secretariat Permanent Site by ossaisly(m): 4:31pm On Jul 28, 2012

And after reading this what do you guys make of it? Accepted,the govt has not been trying at all but if it is true that the funding would be coming from the above named companies,then I think we are all going to benefit from it. At least it will help in developing the country and in one way or the other,some will be employed.

1 Like

Re: ₦8Bn For African First Ladies Secretariat Permanent Site by Nobody: 4:31pm On Jul 28, 2012
I pray boko haram attacks the building once its been commissioned.

1 Like

Re: ₦8Bn For African First Ladies Secretariat Permanent Site by JayKayMaybachz(m): 4:38pm On Jul 28, 2012
na now me sabi say GEJ dey craze wella .... which kind rubbish be this sef? me dey vexa .... pooor pple dey hia dey lament for even a cup of garri and dem dey hia dey reason N8bn stupppeed secretariat or wetin .... person like dem . dis country really needs revolution . with dis some youths could geh employed by establishment of ghud industries .. mtcheeeeeeeeeeeww .[color=#990000][/color] angry shocked embarassed undecided kiss
Re: ₦8Bn For African First Ladies Secretariat Permanent Site by nsiadi: 4:39pm On Jul 28, 2012
VoodooDoll: $50m or N8bn. Is This from the same govt that cannot implement a budget? Please tell me it's not from tax payers' resources, and that NGOs are raising the funds privately!

N8bn on a daft and wasteful project which should have been dead on arrival, with the person that proposed it summarily dismissed.

N8bn is a good percentage of the federal budget for essential projects and a multiple of primary infrastructure that's currently absent.

If this was being spent on a maternity hospital, that would have been different.

I say again, GEJ cannot tell the difference between his elbow and his buttocks. Clueless from the start, in a clueless fashion will he finish.

Get well soon, Suffering head ache for others.
Healthy ppl shd be rejoicing that we hv attracted such investment
When you fully recover learn not to drag GEJ
Re: ₦8Bn For African First Ladies Secretariat Permanent Site by jude33084(m): 4:40pm On Jul 28, 2012
crackhouse: do u think govt is run by one person?. How do u think money will release for that kind thing, is it in the budget? Let's wait till 2012 budget is passed.

Τ̲̣̣̥н̣̣̣̝̇̇̇ε̲̣̣̣̥ money used in funding political party, is it included in τ̲̣̣̥н̣̣̣̝̇̇̇ε̲̣̣̣̥ budget? Where do Ɣ☺Ʊ think it comes from?
...Just asking undecided
Re: ₦8Bn For African First Ladies Secretariat Permanent Site by JayKayMaybachz(m): 4:44pm On Jul 28, 2012
gegee: Una mumu o already jumping to conclusions which part of this report said that nigeria is goin to fund the project ? Its an NGO for gods sake. The report says all members are to contribute their own qoata....... The president and his wife must be insulted anyway
go slip jor oo ... this fhing na wash . na naija co do am ... dem wan cover up cry
Re: ₦8Bn For African First Ladies Secretariat Permanent Site by Mallamabdul: 4:48pm On Jul 28, 2012
dedeike: Foolishness. Ignorance. Desperation. Blackmail. Propaganda and idiocy can never come in a better form.
When you just feel that these clowns have gone full circle, they come up with another rubbish. I wonder why these hirelings will stop at nothing to blackmail the most responsive and pro people govt in Nigeria's history.

There is nothing in that report or any other report suggestive that a kobo of tax payers money will be involved in that project. So why the hair splitting?
Did you see GEJ or Okonjo IWeala tell you that they are going to release 8 billion for this project?
That report is clear, to anybody who read it, that first ladies numbering over 54 will contribute money for the project. Our own first lady says she will appeal to corporate bodies for help.

An association that prides itself as African First ladies summit met and resolved to build a secretariat of themselves, for themselves, and by themselves. So what's our business?
Except you have all become witches and wizards, I don't see why you should stand in the way of the first ladies to source for sponsorship from corporate bodies and well meaning individuals.

In a saner clime, our discourse on this forum would have been more on how to donate money for this wonderful initiative intended to promote peace in Africa.
Our own first lady deserves real commendation for living up to our giant of Africa status by calling the shots in the comity of African first ladies.

What you haters desire is a situation whereby this, secretariat for whatever it's worth, to be built in Johannesburg or Abidjan? Our first lady is smarter than you dull brains.
If anything, let the secretariat be in Abuja and beautify our landscape. But I'm sure the benefits will go beyond that as Nigerians, not Malawians,Somalians or south Africans, will be recruited as staff of the secretariat.

I understand that the opposition is desirous to win presidency in 2015 but resort to cheap blackmail and propaganda is not the way to go about it.

Na gode! I don't just know why body dey pepper this morons for this forum. Money no be their own. Secretariat no be their own they no tell
Re: ₦8Bn For African First Ladies Secretariat Permanent Site by maktop(m): 4:49pm On Jul 28, 2012
Bloody waste of money on needless project.
Re: ₦8Bn For African First Ladies Secretariat Permanent Site by airfinance(m): 4:51pm On Jul 28, 2012
Pls wht is the significant of that useless african first lady peace mission ?how can that solve the problems of dis unity in afrrican nation. Infact can that woman madan jona hold a crowd to a stand still with words of wisdom. Nonsense
Re: ₦8Bn For African First Ladies Secretariat Permanent Site by thegoodjoehunt(m): 4:58pm On Jul 28, 2012
dedeike: Foolishness. Ignorance. Desperation. Blackmail. Propaganda and idiocy can never come in a better form.

Don't you think it is better for this money to be channeled into providing funds for providing a Specialist Hospital for kids with life threatening conditions. Or a School for gifted but less privileged children. Instead it is for this project. That is what we should commend PEJ.

1 Like

Re: ₦8Bn For African First Ladies Secretariat Permanent Site by buzugee(m): 4:59pm On Jul 28, 2012
this woman is like a kid in the candy store. she is determined to accomplish all her hearts desires while they still have control of the purse string of the country. she wants to have 3 different posts. she wants 200 bentleys for her women union thing. she wants a billion naira secretariat for herself and her fellow african klepto wife club. and the irritating thing is when you see her in pictures with that irritating smirking smile, you can tell she really thinks she is a kid in a candy store. never mind that outside the candy store are many kids who are dying for just a lick of sweet.
Re: ₦8Bn For African First Ladies Secretariat Permanent Site by duality(m): 5:03pm On Jul 28, 2012
you guys can go on ranting while i mobilize to get the contract or any contract i can get relating to the project. some are crying... some are celebrating.
Re: ₦8Bn For African First Ladies Secretariat Permanent Site by TrueNaijaguy: 5:03pm On Jul 28, 2012
It seems most people here read only the headlines before commenting. Nothing in the report suggests the money is coming from the government's purse so why the complain about tax payers money. Busy body just full this forum. Mtcheeew
Re: ₦8Bn For African First Ladies Secretariat Permanent Site by buzugee(m): 5:05pm On Jul 28, 2012
duality: you guys can go on ranting while i mobilize to get the contract or any contract i can get relating to the project. some are crying... some are celebrating.
and this exactly is why there is no hope for nigeria and will never be hope for nigeria till this world ends. this is the mindset of 99.9999999 percent of nigerians. the typical nigerian is angry at patience because he or she is not in that position to steal. not because they are genuinely upright people.
Re: ₦8Bn For African First Ladies Secretariat Permanent Site by deb(m): 5:11pm On Jul 28, 2012
shocked shocked They must be using Diamond for the construction
Re: ₦8Bn For African First Ladies Secretariat Permanent Site by Demdem(m): 5:21pm On Jul 28, 2012
One thing am certain of is the bulk of that money will come from Nigeria. Be it govt, companies, contractors etc. Such a waste.

1 Like

Re: ₦8Bn For African First Ladies Secretariat Permanent Site by bakila: 5:22pm On Jul 28, 2012
Mallamabdul:

Na gode! I don't just know why body dey pepper this morons for this forum. Money no be their own. Secretariat no be their own they no tell

Mallam Abdu Hausa representative on the june-july 2012 crowd. That money is divided by 25 and invested in your land it will help make sure that some other chaps see no reason to be bokoharam.
Peace is not generated by the size of the secretariat of the promoters but by the assurance that the right thing is done to help the weak or will be done to make one not loss is head and do rubbish on justified by anger.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Late Gen. Bamidele's Last Words Before Buhari Killed Him. / Seven Lies The Nigerian Media Have Been Telling Against Ojukwu For 50 Years / Dialogue Between FG And Boko Haram Fails

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.