Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,544 members, 7,816,324 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:32 AM

Behaving As A Car Owner In Nigeria - Car Talk (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Behaving As A Car Owner In Nigeria (20932 Views)

When You Are A Car Owner Living In A Compound Full Of Little Kids / Photos : Accident Leads To Fight Between BRT Staff And Car Owner In Lagos / How's Your Tokunbo Behaving? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Behaving As A Car Owner In Nigeria by mollie12: 9:05pm On Jul 28, 2012
This is simply ridiculous - people that notice all these stuff are probably those that are planning to do so when they get their car?

And please can we leave God out of the matter? I'm sure every rationally-thinking Nigerian will agree that God has nothing to do with the mess we've created for ourselves and tagged 'the Nigerian situation'.

I wonder how long we'll goad this Elnathan fellow on - is it till he starts bordering on actual blasphemy?

1 Like

Re: Behaving As A Car Owner In Nigeria by jhydebaba(m): 9:17pm On Jul 28, 2012
The extremely quiet man becomes a street fighter overnight because of his first car. He argues n fights over parking space and may God help you to park at the entrance of the compound while he is about to drive in.
Re: Behaving As A Car Owner In Nigeria by Crosbyy(f): 9:29pm On Jul 28, 2012
Dis is naija 4 us,do anyhw wit ur car
Re: Behaving As A Car Owner In Nigeria by airbender(m): 9:36pm On Jul 28, 2012
If you are a 'big boy' driving wit two hand is old-fashion learn how to drive with one hand while pingin with the other and nod ur head simuntaniously even when theres no muzik playing and dont ever use seat-belts' it will ruin ur swagg. Remenber what those bus drivas did when u dont hav a car...bring hell on them,drive very near to them and even park in front of them and yet still shout on them 'that if they scratch ur car they will pay for it ' alwayz claim right even when u are wrong 'who cares' and dont 4get to splash water on people when its ranning so they can just regret not owning a car. Live ur live

1 Like

Re: Behaving As A Car Owner In Nigeria by MMM2(m): 9:54pm On Jul 28, 2012
See wetin poverty dey cause cry
Re: Behaving As A Car Owner In Nigeria by Nobody: 10:01pm On Jul 28, 2012
you forgot imagining you are driving a Ferrari, when its actually a humble Volkswagen...but she runs well, yeah, I just overtook a range rover sport...the driver is frowning...he can't race me, cos oga will reprimand him!
Re: Behaving As A Car Owner In Nigeria by charlsecy4(m): 10:13pm On Jul 28, 2012
gigz31: Copy and paste

Foolish fool.

1 Like

Re: Behaving As A Car Owner In Nigeria by bennieman: 10:46pm On Jul 28, 2012
Flyboy Zee: @OP, you didn't remember cleaning/ washing the car for about 2 hours every morning. Washing & cleaning the car anything he passes through a dusty street or a puddle of water. Trying to play Mr. Clean or is it Neat.

These days, the norm is to drive with headlights & hazard lights on during the day time. I wonder what he's gonna do when night comes or there is hazardous driving conditions such as heavy or windy rains.

Its always like that with the first car, but on buying the second car, he gets used to owning a car & begins to complain of those that exhibits all the behaviours described above.

Well, such is life & it is a passing phase that most a new car owner passess through.

Some cars were built with their lights constantly on. The way u can know who is faking it is to look at their hazard light. If it is on, then it is fake. Cars that have their parking light constantly on don't have their hazard lights on in that state...
Re: Behaving As A Car Owner In Nigeria by Nobody: 10:59pm On Jul 28, 2012
Nice one guys. Both the original authour & the paster.
Re: Behaving As A Car Owner In Nigeria by adooz: 11:10pm On Jul 28, 2012
Nice 1 my brother! I liked it, but I am going to make my comment out of this beautiful write up religiously. My people! these are simply daily experiences of Islamic principles. We, human being when are left alone with what we know these days as 'DEMOCRACY' which preaches 'Absolute freedoms', it is our basic and main problem this era. Now lets go! Islam is built on fives: firstly, testifying that there is no other God excpet Allah and Muhammad Pbhm. is his messanger.
Secondly: performing of salat, which is five times daily. In this section, you are meant to understand that you are nothing but a slave, and if you realy understand this, you will know that the only thing that can get you closer to your lord is to obey his laws and follow his directions. To crown this, the Prophet said: your are not realy a believer until you love for your brother, what love for yourself. Simply means; put yourself in his shoes. Treat him how you'll love to be treated. That is Islam. Next time inshallah, we'll treat the rests. Thanks.
Re: Behaving As A Car Owner In Nigeria by boyendowed(m): 11:45pm On Jul 28, 2012
Funny and interesting article
Re: Behaving As A Car Owner In Nigeria by boyendowed(m): 11:52pm On Jul 28, 2012
Maxymilliano: It was this same guy that authored the "How to worship the Nigerian God" article... Kinda admire the humor in the article tho. smiley

The guy has a way of explaining real life Nigerian situations in a humorous way.

http://dailytimes.com.ng/opinion/how-worship-nigerian-god
http://dailytimes.com.ng/opinion/how-be-expatriate-nigeria
http://dailytimes.com.ng/opinion/how-participate-destruction-nigeria
http://dailytimes.com.ng/opinion/how-be-angry
http://dailytimes.com.ng/opinion/how-be-president-time-crises
Re: Behaving As A Car Owner In Nigeria by gigz31: 12:19am On Jul 29, 2012
charlsecy4:

Foolish fool.
charlsecy4 You are lacking some good manners , or are your parent's just like that too?
Re: Behaving As A Car Owner In Nigeria by edyza(m): 12:59am On Jul 29, 2012
Dis 1 na total wow

Re: Behaving As A Car Owner In Nigeria by kayswag100(m): 6:52am On Jul 29, 2012
smiley smiley smiley smiley smiley
most sarcastic piece i v read on NL.
9ice research OP and i really appreciate ur acknowledgement of d original author

...especially in dis 'plagiaristic' era on NL

kudos!!!!
Re: Behaving As A Car Owner In Nigeria by Nobody: 7:22am On Jul 29, 2012
adooz: Nice 1 my brother! I liked it, but I am going to make my comment out of this beautiful write up religiously. My people! these are simply daily experiences of Islamic principles. We, human being when are left alone with what we know these days as 'DEMOCRACY' which preaches 'Absolute freedoms', it is our basic and main problem this era. Now lets go! Islam is built on fives: firstly, testifying that there is no other God excpet Allah and Muhammad Pbhm. is his messanger.
Secondly: performing of salat, which is five times daily. In this section, you are meant to understand that you are nothing but a slave, and if you realy understand this, you will know that the only thing that can get you closer to your lord is to obey his laws and follow his directions. To crown this, the Prophet said: your are not realy a believer until you love for your brother, what love for yourself. Simply means; put yourself in his shoes. Treat him how you'll love to be treated. That is Islam. Next time inshallah, we'll treat the rests. Thanks.

Please take your stoopid allah out of here. Idiota!
Re: Behaving As A Car Owner In Nigeria by filia4real(m): 7:23am On Jul 29, 2012
It's funny though! But i'm really scared...i don't think i'll be able to put up with all these when my car eventually arrives
Re: Behaving As A Car Owner In Nigeria by filia4real(m): 7:24am On Jul 29, 2012
It's funny though! But i'm really scared...i don't think i'll be able to put up with all these when my car eventually arrives. Damn!
Re: Behaving As A Car Owner In Nigeria by Nobody: 8:11am On Jul 29, 2012
True life situations
Re: Behaving As A Car Owner In Nigeria by semid4lyfe(m): 8:24am On Jul 29, 2012
jephiano:
haha....reminds me of a guy on ma street during the '90s. Played his music so loud that he made sure u knew he was back. No matter what song he was playing, once he entered the street he made sure all we heard was Lauryn Hill of the fugees singing: 'ready or not, here i come, u cant hide'!

So you still remember me grin grin

1 Like

Re: Behaving As A Car Owner In Nigeria by Prestonvic(m): 9:46am On Jul 29, 2012
Nice!
Re: Behaving As A Car Owner In Nigeria by bigheads(m): 12:09pm On Jul 29, 2012
The write-up is good, but I feel it would have been the other way round. Some insane persons are already feeling like repeating same when they buy a car. Some are feeling that what you are saying is the norm rather than................ Shame unto them. They are bad learners.
Re: Behaving As A Car Owner In Nigeria by Natasha2(f): 3:52pm On Jul 29, 2012
lol
Re: Behaving As A Car Owner In Nigeria by chucky234(m): 7:02pm On Jul 29, 2012
Billyonaire: You have forgotten about playing loud music and winding down while doing so........
lol guess you are damn used to that
Re: Behaving As A Car Owner In Nigeria by Goldenheart(m): 7:43pm On Jul 29, 2012
who needs a ride...
Re: Behaving As A Car Owner In Nigeria by Ikenna351(m): 9:59pm On Jul 29, 2012
I would say i do one of those listed: Music! But I can't help it. I cant imagine driving without 2pac blasting and so loud (though, my windows are always up, except in my 2nd car). If that is disturbing others (which I doubt, since windows are always closed), then they just have to live with it.

The last time I drove to East (this last Easter break), someone joined me to drop him at Enugu. It was the most boring long distance driving I have ever done. Why? The kind of Music the guy wanted to listened to was so irritating to me. At a point, I switched the damn radio off and told him the I was loosing concentration in the driving listening to those weird songs. I had to drive the rest of journey with the radio off; not hearing the Pac's lyrics. What a boring journey! First time i ever driven witout 2pac playing in the whole journey. I have always travelled alone, except that day. I didnt even bother to pick him up while driving back to Abuja 3 days later. I couldnt live with that again. Anytime i sit behind that wheel, Pac must be on. It helps me to pay less attention to the nonsence most people do on the road in the name of driving. I hardly notice, when am busy listing to Pac's prophesy

There is this colleague i used to drop when driving back home, after close of work. This guy, as soon as he entered my car, he would start complaining about colleague A, colleague B, Boss A, or Boss B. He wouldnt allow me to enjoy the music, since i would have to lower it for him with his series of complaint, even though i hardly respond to him while he would be disturbing my peace. When he got tired of complaining, he would pullout his phone and start calling all the people he had their numbers. If he finsihed with one, he would dial another. Before you know, journey don end. At a point bear the nightmare anymore. I started to leave the volume of the CD player as high I would want to and wont bother to touch the volume when he would be ranting with himself or doing his calling business. He later realised that he was no longer welcomed in my car and never bothered to ask for lift anymore. I needed my peace!

So, the last thing I would entertain is for someone to determine for me when to listen to my music or not to have my peace driving my car, considering what it takes me to put that car on the road on daily basis. If you like calling the whole the world whenever you are a vehicle, find a taxi or cab. What I have is PRIVATE CAR. I need that privacy.

Ikenna
Re: Behaving As A Car Owner In Nigeria by Ikenna351(m): 10:01pm On Jul 29, 2012
I would say i do one of those listed: Music! But I can't help it. I cant imagine driving without 2pac blasting and so loud (though, my windows are always up, except in my 2nd car). If that is disturbing others (which I doubt, since windows are always closed), then they just have to live with it.

The last time I drove to East (this last Easter break), someone joined me to drop him at Enugu. It was the most boring long distance driving I have ever done. Why? The kind of Music the guy wanted to listened to was so irritating to me. At a point, I switched the damn radio off and told him the I was loosing concentration in the driving listening to those weird songs. I had to drive the rest of journey with the radio off; not hearing the Pac's lyrics. What a boring journey! First time i ever driven witout 2pac playing in the whole journey. I have always travelled alone, except that day. I didnt even bother to pick him up while driving back to Abuja 3 days later. I couldnt live with that again. Anytime i sit behind that wheel, Pac must be on. It helps me to pay less attention to the nonsence most people do on the road in the name of driving. I hardly notice, when am busy listing to Pac's prophesy

There is this colleague i used to drop when driving back home, after close of work. This guy, as soon as he entered my car, he would start complaining about colleague A, colleague B, Boss A, or Boss B. He wouldnt allow me to enjoy the music, since i would have to lower it for him with his series of complaint, even though i hardly respond to him while he would be disturbing my peace. When he got tired of complaining, he would pullout his phone and start calling all the people he had their numbers. If he finsihed with one, he would dial another. Before you know, journey don end. At a point bear the nightmare anymore. I started to leave the volume of the CD player as high I would want to and wont bother to touch the volume when he would be ranting with himself or doing his calling business. He later realised that he was no longer welcomed in my car and never bothered to ask for lift anymore. I needed my peace!

So, the last thing I would entertain is for someone to determine for me when to listen to my music or not to have my peace driving my car, considering what it takes me to put that car on the road on daily basis. If you like calling the whole the world whenever you are a vehicle, find a taxi or cab. What I have is PRIVATE CAR. I need that privacy.

Ikenna
Re: Behaving As A Car Owner In Nigeria by Nobody: 11:35am On Jul 30, 2012
funny but u also forgot to tell them to close all windows even if the car doesnt have air condition while dey endure the heat

1 Like

Re: Behaving As A Car Owner In Nigeria by Nobody: 11:36am On Jul 30, 2012
Funny, but u also forgot to tell them to close all windows even if the car doesnt have air condition while dey endure the heat.
Re: Behaving As A Car Owner In Nigeria by 30secs(m): 4:28pm On Jul 30, 2012
babs2aroks:

http://dailytimes.com.ng/opinion/how-behave-car-owner-nigeria
Has any one read the book "How to be a Nigerian" by Anthony Enahoro? This post reminds me of the book.... Same style and same fun feel.... Wonderfull!
Re: Behaving As A Car Owner In Nigeria by Nobody: 5:33pm On Jul 30, 2012
U forget those holy moslem brodas that will suddenly remember to play islamic massege that preach nothing but how every other religion is a fruad once they perceive u are not a muslem. And u have no choice than to listen cos he is giving u a lift
Re: Behaving As A Car Owner In Nigeria by AlhajiPastor: 2:34pm On Jul 31, 2012
mollie12: This is simply ridiculous - people that notice all these stuff are probably those that are planning to do so when they get their car?

And please can we leave God out of the matter? I'm sure every rationally-thinking Nigerian will agree that God has nothing to do with the mess we've created for ourselves and tagged 'the Nigerian situation'.

I wonder how long we'll goad this Elnathan fellow on - is it till he starts bordering on actual blasphemy?
GET A LIFE MADAM, HE'S JUST BEING SARCASTIC, AND IN THE REAL SENSE OF IT; ITS THE TRUTH. MAYBE IT'S ALSO TIME FOR YOU TO DECIPHER WHAT IS MEANT BY 'NIGERIAN GOD'. PLEASE DON'T DERAIL US, THERE IS NOTHING WRONG WITH THE POST. AND BY THE WAY; WHY ARE U CLAIMING HOLY HOLY?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Flying Cars Collection - Which Of These Will You Go For? / Cosmas Maduka Of Coscharis Motors: Failed In 3 Businesses, He Still Persists / See The Number Of Cars Imported Through Nigerian Ports Between 2012-2017

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.