Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,936 members, 7,817,745 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:27 PM

Bishop Oyedepo To Muslim Sister : “Convert To Christianity Or Die Poor,” - Religion (14) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Bishop Oyedepo To Muslim Sister : “Convert To Christianity Or Die Poor,” (50643 Views)

Church General Overseer Converts To Muslim And Gives Reasons / The Fastest Growing Religion In The World - Christianity Or Islam ? / Oyedepo To Establish Another University: Landmark University (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Bishop Oyedepo To Muslim Sister : “Convert To Christianity Or Die Poor,” by Nobody: 10:07pm On Jul 29, 2012
The poster should get a life. Accusing peopl as if they r nt humans. Are u all perfect?

1 Like

Re: Bishop Oyedepo To Muslim Sister : “Convert To Christianity Or Die Poor,” by 1stestees(m): 10:07pm On Jul 29, 2012
[quote Why should anyone have to convert to another religion just to enter School? This is more proof that religion divides people. [/quote]
Are u surprised? That has always been d system of d Christians frm time. They claim to bring western education into Naija bt hav always given such conditions as 'u must b a christain to come to school' to our fathers and fore-fathers. Cant u just give unconditional favours, live and lets live!

On Oyedepo, i like to restrain myself cos d news hasnt been confirmed. If there is anyone who is doing such, he/she shld b reminded that Rizqu (wealth and sustenance) comes from God ONLY. If ds news is true, give glad tidings to the sister and he will die a shameful death and as a miser.
Re: Bishop Oyedepo To Muslim Sister : “Convert To Christianity Or Die Poor,” by Jarus(m): 10:25pm On Jul 29, 2012
JaaizTech:

Keep having faith in Allah, there are many Muslims in your shoes, whom have faced so many difficulties in either seeking jobs or admissions simply because they are muslims. My sister also faced the same thing once, but now she works in NLNG, and yes with her Hijab.I faced something similar, but Alhamdulilahi I was still successful.[b]Christians always try to use their position to either oppress or bully muslims to join them, talk about Intercontinental Bank [/b]and many other places...
In a job (wont say whether it's current or past). At advanced stage of recruitment process, after scaling all processes, someone from HR called someone that knew me(they attended same church) asking "is he a Muslim or Christian?". They can't ask me that at interview (sure), but they went behind to find someone that knew me and they were asking for my religion. Well, thank God, I was too qualified and did too well at the interview to be rejected on religious ground. These are teh things we face in corporate Nigeria!

1 Like

Re: Bishop Oyedepo To Muslim Sister : “Convert To Christianity Or Die Poor,” by yommy2sure(m): 10:40pm On Jul 29, 2012
Sweetnecta: @freecocoa: read your bible.
Jesus is reported to say not all that called him God will enter Kingdom of Heaven. He Jesus is reported to have emphasized by saying he will tell even those who say to him that they have done great miracles in his name, that he never knew them.

And it is in your Bible that it is stated that it will be easier for the camel to pass the eye the needle than the rich entering the Kingdom of God. And from among the primary 12 followers of Jesus in his lifetime that count, almost all of them were poor people, including Mary and then his mother Mary. They believed Jesus as a prophet of God.

Muslims believe the same.

Jesus obeyed the essence of the message of Moses. Muslims do so. Jesus worshiped God in essentially in the exact way the muslims do it today: day and night prayers of reading from the Book of God, standing, bowing and prostrating. Allah of Muslims. Ellah of Jesus from his mouth if you believe what was said about the one on the cross.

You see, sooner or later the suffering of believer who is poor will end with death.

Sooner or later, the luxurious life of the wealthy disbeliever will also end. For oyedepo and his sister [half or not] give each 100 years more to their ages. Give them even a 1000! But will definitely come to the end of both.

Allah is Capable of all things. If the living experienced in life is what qualifies for Paradise, then you have to say the likes of tyrannical pharaoh of Moses time, HItler of the last century are qualified.

But it is not wealth but sincere obedience to the Will of God in worship. This Will of God in worship is a road map that Only God laid out for us through His Messenger of our human time in Revealed Book. You can't make it up or ignore current Messenger of your time for the Messenger whose time has elapsed.

The time of Jesus has passed ad it is the tie of Muhammad we are in now, time end of time. The time of Moses passed when Jesus arrived, at least. This is the same case with Jesus and Muhammad.

The Jesus ignored Jesus and by such an action ignore Moses without knowing it.

Allah can bless the Alhaja and suddenly deprived her now wealth brother. It is Allah Who decides as He Wills.

seriously i wonder why you guys quote the Bible to support some of your teachings abt Jesus and the Islamic faith but still disaprove parts of the same Bible that defines the core of the Christian faith...isnt that hypocritical?
Re: Bishop Oyedepo To Muslim Sister : “Convert To Christianity Or Die Poor,” by Sweetnecta: 10:52pm On Jul 29, 2012
^^^^^^^^^ What I have done is use what is more plausible in the Bible to outline the position that I hold, same as what Jesus and his mother and his true followers from the 12 held: God and no one else is in total control of all affairs.

The Quran says the Bible is corrupt. Corruption means not 100% pure having some degree of contamination.

Even the Bible says the Bible is corrupt; Old Testament's Jeremiah declaration and New Testament of different Testaments/Gospels ranging from what is 50% to outright embellishment of John and the curse that Paul put on to prevent truth from ever coming out.

Thank God that Quran is revealed and preserved by writing down and memorization and daily usage in the religious and personal affairs of Muslims.
Re: Bishop Oyedepo To Muslim Sister : “Convert To Christianity Or Die Poor,” by teetee123: 11:01pm On Jul 29, 2012
luluosas: Well, as for Abdul-Gafar who Oyedepo denied admissions into Covenant University because he was a Muslim, I think this should be as a result of the fact that, CU is a pure Christian school, which only admits Christians. If this is the case of the school, no religious sentiment should be dragged into this?
But, in case of his half-sister, Alhaja Saratu
Bello, Oyedepo got it all wrong. Should this story be true, then, Oyedepo have just widen the gap between the Christians and others.
Now, a true religion teaches love and care. Is Oyedepo more interested in the worldly riches of his sister than her eternal abode?
This is why the Christian Faith (community) will continuously be ridicule and attacked. Our so called Pastors today are only interested in your physical welfare. Men and brethren, they are ruining your lives with their sweet mouth teachings.
Oyedepo, where is the evidence of 1st Timothy 4:12 in your actions as a Christian?
And to you who will want to tell me don't judge, I will remind you that, my Bible tells me in 1st Corinthians 11:31 that: "For if we would judge ourselves, we should not be judged."
This actions of Oyedepo is therefore devilish, selfish and wicked. He should better go back to children's church because, he has missed it already. Oyedepo, you may be the richest pastor today in Africa, but, you should remember that your earthly riches has no Heavenly possessions. Bishop indeed!
. @ poSter. Why so judgemental when the story is just a piece of beer parlour tale\ junk journalism.
Re: Bishop Oyedepo To Muslim Sister : “Convert To Christianity Or Die Poor,” by teetee123: 11:06pm On Jul 29, 2012
Ganys:
Hmmm, We have Many Christian students at Al-Hikmah University here in Ilorin...Should we expel them now
. Go ahead and expel them but mind u an eye for an eye make us all blind. I don't know of private univ expelling student based on religion except going against regulations which the student signed to uphold
Re: Bishop Oyedepo To Muslim Sister : “Convert To Christianity Or Die Poor,” by Nobody: 11:07pm On Jul 29, 2012
Jarus:
In a job (wont say whether it's current or past). At advanced stage of recruitment process, after scaling all processes, someone from HR called someone that knew me(they attended same church) asking "is he a Muslim or Christian?". They can't ask me that at interview (sure), but they went behind to find someone that knew me and they were asking for my religion. Well, thank God, I was too qualified and did too well at the interview to be rejected on religious ground. These are teh things we face in corporate Nigeria!

i no wan talk am before - there are ogas who get high bp when people go to say their prayers or when ladies wear hijab
Re: Bishop Oyedepo To Muslim Sister : “Convert To Christianity Or Die Poor,” by tribalism(m): 11:17pm On Jul 29, 2012
refere to Christians as those who are Christ like and not those claiming to be like Christ. what do i mean: once you don't do it the Christ way, you are not a Christian. so don't just say because his name is peter, therefore he is a Christian. wrong. am just warning everyone.
Re: Bishop Oyedepo To Muslim Sister : “Convert To Christianity Or Die Poor,” by cesil92: 11:29pm On Jul 29, 2012
Why all the criticism? Why refusing to think well and deep? I have the following points to make.
1. For Oyedepo to deny the muslim girl admission, He is very right and justified because his School is a core christian school meant for christians and anyone that MUST attend must be a christian or MUST be ready to convert to Christianity if not one. This is applicable to Muslim Schools, you must convert to Islam or be a Muslim.
2. I have seen many muslim parents and families forsake thier children and family members for marrying christians or becoming christians. The same bible says "Be not equally yoked with Unbelievers". If Oyedepo has tried everything to convert her but she refuses then his action can be justified.
Re: Bishop Oyedepo To Muslim Sister : “Convert To Christianity Or Die Poor,” by tribalism(m): 11:30pm On Jul 29, 2012
@jarus
who do you think you are addressing here. they already have your Resume or CV and so does not need to ask anyone. don't make yourself look little except you are.
Re: Bishop Oyedepo To Muslim Sister : “Convert To Christianity Or Die Poor,” by Cityguy: 11:31pm On Jul 29, 2012
i dont know of anybody else o. I am too rooted to be CONFUSED by any logic of men. I came, live and will die as a xtian. we have been forewarned of these travails of the last days. let him who has ears, hear what the spirit says to the church. It has been said that if it were possible, the very elect will be made to derail in their race for the crown of glory. God is above all. we need not kill each other over anything. The truth will soon be revealled when we get there, we need nt be in a hurry. Thank God both xtianity and Islam profess 'no compulsion in religion'. whatever anyone holds, let him hold it tight. I cant run your race neither can you run mine and everyone will bear his father's name on that great day. love to you all.
Re: Bishop Oyedepo To Muslim Sister : “Convert To Christianity Or Die Poor,” by yommy2sure(m): 11:44pm On Jul 29, 2012
Sweetnecta: ^^^^^^^^^ What I have done is use what is more plausible in the Bible to outline the position that I hold, same as what Jesus and his mother and his true followers from the 12 held: God and no one else is in total control of all affairs.

The Quran says the Bible is corrupt. Corruption means not 100% pure having some degree of contamination.

Even the Bible says the Bible is corrupt; Old Testament's Jeremiah declaration and New Testament of different Testaments/Gospels ranging from what is 50% to outright embellishment of John and the curse that Paul put on to prevent truth from ever coming out.

Thank God that Quran is revealed and preserved by writing down and memorization and daily usage in the religious and personal affairs of Muslims.
and the standard of comparison is the Koran or Mohammed? so whatever is in the Bible thats agrees with the Koran is true (even if written by the same author or even seperate authors) and v.v. Even though the Koran came after the Bible and should (I dont knw if it did) reference it. Religion shaa... *am out* thanks
Re: Bishop Oyedepo To Muslim Sister : “Convert To Christianity Or Die Poor,” by Asherubote: 11:48pm On Jul 29, 2012
If Oyedepo thinks his stinking wealth will assure him paradise tell him that his deceiving himself.Jesus has already told him in the Bible that it will be easier for the carmel to pass through the eye of the needle than for stinkingly rich men of mammon like Oyedepo to enter paradise.As for his sister let her take solace and strenght in the following:"O you who believe,fear Allah, and believe in His Messenger.He will give you a double portion of His Mercy,and He will give you a light by which you shall walk straight,and He will foegive you.And ALLAH is oft-forgiving.most merciful.So that the people of the book may know that they have no power over the Grace of Allah,and that His Grace is entirely in His Hand to bestow on whomsoever He wills.And Allah is the Owner of Great Bounty." Quran 57:28,29.Oyedepo is not God so he cannot say who will die rich or poor.

1 Like

Re: Bishop Oyedepo To Muslim Sister : “Convert To Christianity Or Die Poor,” by Mickaelo: 11:57pm On Jul 29, 2012
"World is paradise of Christians" that is wot ur Quaran says? U better nt cause religious fracas here and face ur own fucking problems. Wot can we now say about ds Boko haram and al queda pipu? Ar dey nt claiming to be muslims? Or ur religion is free to kill pipu anyhow? OR they are xtians also...IN a nutshell u beta shut ur mouth.
Re: Bishop Oyedepo To Muslim Sister : “Convert To Christianity Or Die Poor,” by Sweetnecta: 12:35am On Jul 30, 2012
@yommy2sure:
by yommy2sure(m): 11:44pm On Jul 29

and the standard of comparison is the Koran or Mohammed? so whatever is in the Bible thats agrees with the Koran is true (even if written by the same author or even seperate authors) and v.v. Even though the Koran came after the Bible and should (I dont knw if it did) reference it. Religion shaa... *am out* thanks
Quran is the highest grade of revelation, because it is the latest in terms of authenticity, just like Ph.D is to B. Sc and M. Sc programs. Muhammad [as] is the V. C. of that University that offers Ph. D. program where the others are community colleges. A liar will embellishes facts by mixing some truth with his lies. The truth in the Bible are the verses that Quran confirms. You can know what is true by what the highest standard says is true. Ph. D. comes after what is below it; baby's class, kindergarten, grade school, middle school, high school, community college, undergraduate, graduate program. The latest always correct the mistakes of the former/earlier.

The gospel you will corrected taurat. I say Quran corrects both and it is firm in its stand of being the Book that corrects.

1 Like

Re: Bishop Oyedepo To Muslim Sister : “Convert To Christianity Or Die Poor,” by fxtopedia(m): 1:46am On Jul 30, 2012
If Oyedepo policy is that he does not want a muslim in his University, why castigating him?
Do you know the mission of the guy? Have you all forgot Ab-Mutallab? Have you forgot Bin Laden?
Kindly respect his POLICY and stop ranting!

On relation issue, I think WE should STOP prying into people's privacy. Some of you typing are
doing worse than that, you only have secret because you are not a public figure, and don't forget
our brother in the press want to sell at cost.

PS: I am not Oyedepo's apologist, I just don;t subscribe to BLIND criticism! grin cheesy
Re: Bishop Oyedepo To Muslim Sister : “Convert To Christianity Or Die Poor,” by Nobody: 1:50am On Jul 30, 2012
Any society that glorifies materialism will always breed individuals with sick mindsets.
Is wealth a proof of Godliness?
Can any religion claim to be the best?
Is the richest nigerian 'dangote' not a muslim?
When mere religious mortals assumed they are 'gods' then religion will create more problems.
They strut about like peacocks claiming to be men of --- while most of them are "wolves in sheeps clothing"

grin grin grin"A pastor was praying for a man
possessed with a stubborn demon. He said in
the name of Jesus,what do you
want from this man u stubborn demon,I command u to speak up now
before i cast you out this
moment!."The demon answered; I
want him to win the erica lottery
draw worth $200billion tonight.
The pastor lowers the microphone
and whispered; get out of him and
enter into me.."..LOL grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Bishop Oyedepo To Muslim Sister : “Convert To Christianity Or Die Poor,” by Tolaaaaannni(f): 2:33am On Jul 30, 2012
Wow, if he really said this then im surprised shocked.A true christian should never say this talk less of a pastor.
Re: Bishop Oyedepo To Muslim Sister : “Convert To Christianity Or Die Poor,” by shilling(f): 4:40am On Jul 30, 2012
I know right?! Everybody "Do you" and stop worrying abt the next person.

Becacia_Barbie: Am not supporting anyone hr! Bt seriously, aint u guys tired of pointing fingers at others errors?? U ve no right to judge or condemn him, let His Creator do dat. Oh he did all dat? Fine! What abt u? Oh u vent sinned today abi? Or u think one sin is bigger than d other ehn? God will judge nd condemn those who judge nd condemn others. Note: Am a Redeemer.
Re: Bishop Oyedepo To Muslim Sister : “Convert To Christianity Or Die Poor,” by 2sexy(m): 5:48am On Jul 30, 2012
Billyonaire: Let her convert to Christianity, Jor.....is Islam a good thing ?
should she be forced into it? I hate it when people use force to do anything.

Even if the sister is a muslim, that does not stop him from helping her.

Take a look at the life Jesus. Read from through the new testament and you will see it. Even on the last day, He still prayed for those that crucified Him,saying Father forgive them for they know not what they do. That is love. He knew Judas would betray Him but ate with him and lived with him.

Someone said we shouldn't judge and I know it is written in bible but I bet the same person would open his mouth to curse Nigerian politician for their misconduct that has ruined the whole nation. Why didn't Oyedepo leave the woman to her creator or don't you see that Oyedepo's action on this woman is a clear judgement on her? Okay he can judge a fellow human and shouldn't be judge likewise?

In heaven, nothing is as powerful as love. This world was made out of God's love. We are still in existing because of God's love.

Jesus said for a man to make it to heaven, he must first be like a child. Why? Take a look at a child and how they handle relationship with adult, watch the kind of love the exhibit, they are pure and simple. A child i never knew ran up to me a gave a welcome hug. Oh, how lovely. At that instance, I remembered the words of Jesus. Study Jesus and you will see that there is no wisdom in this act of Oyedepo.

A lot of people will not make it to heaven, they support MOG without biblical fact but on that day the Lord shall unto them "... Depart from me, I know you not"
Re: Bishop Oyedepo To Muslim Sister : “Convert To Christianity Or Die Poor,” by 2sexy(m): 6:02am On Jul 30, 2012
fxtopedia: If Oyedepo policy is that he does not want a muslim in his University, why castigating him?
Do you know the mission of the guy? Have you all forgot Ab-Mutallab? Have you forgot Bin Laden?
Kindly respect his POLICY and stop ranting!

On relation issue, I think WE should STOP prying into people's privacy. Some of you typing are
doing worse than that, you only have secret because you are not a public figure, and don't forget
our brother in the press want to sell at cost.

PS: I am not Oyedepo's apologist, I just don;t subscribe to BLIND criticism! grin cheesy
you are a full blown viral e.diot
Re: Bishop Oyedepo To Muslim Sister : “Convert To Christianity Or Die Poor,” by Ayatullah(m): 6:18am On Jul 30, 2012
BISHOP OYEDEPO, THE REAL 'MR. OPONU' OF OUR TIME IS LIVING HIS PARADISE ON EARTH, HE IS A LOSER IN THE HEREAFTER AND HE KNOWS IT BUT SATAN HAS BLINDED HIS SOUL. HIS SISTER IS A HONOURABLE WOMAN WHO KNOWS HEAVEN IS REAL AND EVERLASTING.
Re: Bishop Oyedepo To Muslim Sister : “Convert To Christianity Or Die Poor,” by member479760: 7:11am On Jul 30, 2012
The woman is very right, don't sell yourself for money, money is not all in life, stick to your pride as a person. The billions never safe the life of Alajobi and his technology was worthless when the death came for him.
Re: Bishop Oyedepo To Muslim Sister : “Convert To Christianity Or Die Poor,” by Nobody: 7:36am On Jul 30, 2012
Muslims had done worst. There is this follow roaming the street abuja cos he is a christain. His uncle stop his school fee and the fellow could not go back for his HND cos his gag is late. He was told to join islam or forget it.
Re: Bishop Oyedepo To Muslim Sister : “Convert To Christianity Or Die Poor,” by PeterEki(m): 7:41am On Jul 30, 2012
You wonderful people judging the man and the commision without really knowing Jack about anything. If you go to the schools owned by Winners, especially the Univ. and look at the names on the registration n grad lists it is mostly muslims.
The plain truth is this, the competition for their schools is high and they can't fill the current demand. Even members of the church can't put their children in the school, especially the ones whose children don't have good grades.
All your Alhaji's, most of their daughters are in CU because they want a place where their girls won't be polluted.
Feel free to go and see for yourself...

Which of you here know the true reason this person was denied? (I mean you were actually there and you saw it, not that you read it in one biased news source) lipsrsealed
Re: Bishop Oyedepo To Muslim Sister : “Convert To Christianity Or Die Poor,” by hakeem4shi(m): 7:52am On Jul 30, 2012
toba: who cares? when Muslim ladies told me that they can't date any man thats not a muslim. One even told me that immediately i convert to Islam, we can start talking according to whats written in the quran

May be Bishop Oyedepo being an ex muslim is just trying to give them (Muslims) give out to others

In as much as I don't want to join dis issue,u just mentioned a point dat has affected me so much. Ladies telling guys to convert to their religion b4 they can get married or date. This is common to xtian ladies who don't see anything good in Islam. I av lost 2 of them like that anyway. Though if u are financially buoyant,that does not arise sha,but I know xtians are culpable in dis aspect.
Re: Bishop Oyedepo To Muslim Sister : “Convert To Christianity Or Die Poor,” by LIVINGROCK(m): 7:56am On Jul 30, 2012
I am a Christian. I wish to say that The Man of God should remember that Christianity is not a mere decision to change mode of worship but also to have an encounter with the Spirit of Christ that will change ones life and mode of living forever. The sister cannot be tamed or lured into this type of inner experience. Only God himself can do it by the Holy Spirit. I think the MOG is just overzealous. The issue is not to be debated on much.
Re: Bishop Oyedepo To Muslim Sister : “Convert To Christianity Or Die Poor,” by Snikaz(m): 8:10am On Jul 30, 2012
i remember in 2004, i applied to work @ de convenant university when i just came to live in ota, they refuse to give me de job even with de right qualifications. simply because am a muslim. they ask me to change my name so i did. at de end of de day "no job".
Re: Bishop Oyedepo To Muslim Sister : “Convert To Christianity Or Die Poor,” by Nobody: 8:30am On Jul 30, 2012
Muslems have done worst. There is this musa who is roaming the streets of abuja since his father died because his uncle and the rest of family told him to convert back to islam before he get any asistance. He is yet to go back for HND cos they refuse to pay his fee and his only sin is becoming a christain
Re: Bishop Oyedepo To Muslim Sister : “Convert To Christianity Or Die Poor,” by Cityguy: 8:31am On Jul 30, 2012
Bishop Oyedepo is living his life, making his decisions and has not run foul of the law over his decision to withold help to anyone. Its his life and HIS MONEY. If he could not help her, others should. That should be our concern and nt bursting our vessels over how another man decides to live his life. Its nt about judging him or nt, we need to respect one another.

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (Reply)

Coronavirus: Guidelines For Reopening Churches And Mosques By NCDC / Church Members Carry Their Pastor Into The Church With A Chair (Photos, Video) / Abroad Must Favour My Family (hilarious Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.