Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,182 members, 7,821,996 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 12:18 AM

Why Ifeanyi Ubah Wants To Be Governor Of Anambra - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Ifeanyi Ubah Wants To Be Governor Of Anambra (6680 Views)

Why Ifeanyi Ubah Should Not Help Buhari / Ikpeazu's Failure To Pay Tax Makes Him Unfit To Be Governor - Supreme Court / Why Ifeanyi Ubah Is The Peoples Choice (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Ifeanyi Ubah Wants To Be Governor Of Anambra by asha80(m): 10:10pm On Jul 28, 2012
Why Ifeanyi Ubah Wants to be Governor of Anambra
Share This

Add to Delicious
Share on FriendFeed
Digg
submit to reddit

Tags

Ifeanyi Uba

Dear Editor

Many Anambra people have been wondering why a semi- illiterate kerosene seller wants to be governor of Anambra. The first reason is that he is broke and his company will soon go bankrupt. He is known to owe tens of billions of Naira to banks. One of his creditors a Yoruba woman is threatening to close his company for failure to pay the N4 billion he is owing her. The share price of all oil companies have been rising but Capital Oil has remained only 50k since four years ago. The total value of his company is worthless and in big debt. He told some friends that he will need Anambra state money in order to recapitalize his company and pay his huge debt. That is why he is very desperate because he needs Anambra treasury. The second reason is that some of his 4*9 colleagues now want to go after him. Many of those people are angry that after he defrauded Kabila, the late president of Congo and used the money to come to Nigeria to start selling kerosene, he needs government office to clean up his very dirty history. Recently he has started some emergency philanthropy even making donations to churches, priests and bishops, and even building churches. All of these are to let people forget his shady past as a drop out from class two in secondary school and a 4*9 kingpin. People are waiting for him to bring the money he stole so they will help him spend it. Idle politicians are all running around him and they describe him as their own Container but in private they make a mockery of him that he cannot even speak a simple correct English. It is reported that the embattled chairman of APGA has sold the gubernatorial nomination to him, and that is one of the reasons APGA is in big crisis in Anambra. His attempt to be governor reminds Anambra people of one Chief Odunze. Ojukwu’s party in Anambra is to be led by an illiterate kerosene seller. People are waiting for him to borrow more money from banks and come to spend it on politics in Anambra.

Joe Philips Ezenwa

Abu

http://247ureports.com/why-ifeanyi-ubah-wants-to-be-governor-of-anambra/
Re: Why Ifeanyi Ubah Wants To Be Governor Of Anambra by asha80(m): 10:13pm On Jul 28, 2012
Many of those people are angry that after he defrauded Kabila, the late president of Congo and used the money to come to Nigeria to start selling kerosene, he needs government office to clean up his very dirty history

i find the above interesting i as know someone that told me about the kabila story but i doubted him.it seems it is quite true.anambra guys shine your eyes oo
Re: Why Ifeanyi Ubah Wants To Be Governor Of Anambra by hardywaltz(m): 12:35am On Jul 29, 2012
Childish write up, Ifeanyi is free to contest, but i believe Anambra State has past that level of an illiterate ruling ova a large population of one of the most literate people in Nigeria (not as if it has happened before). Ifeanyi also comes from a not too politically vantage zone as u know most Anambarians are weary/suspicious of Nnewi folks, not to mention that Peter Obi currently has an axe to grin with Nnewi people for all the tribulations they put him through and also the massive support Andy Uba got from Ifeanyi in the last Governorship election.
Trust Anambra people they will eat your money, laff and dine with u but on election day they shall show u their real color, just like they did to Soludo and Emeka Offor.
Re: Why Ifeanyi Ubah Wants To Be Governor Of Anambra by ektbear: 7:03am On Jul 29, 2012
Interesting.

1 Like

Re: Why Ifeanyi Ubah Wants To Be Governor Of Anambra by Afam4eva(m): 7:16am On Jul 29, 2012
It's Soludo or nothing for 2014. Ndi Anambra shine your eyes and vote for the right man.
Re: Why Ifeanyi Ubah Wants To Be Governor Of Anambra by OneNaira6: 7:19am On Jul 29, 2012
hardywaltz: Childish write up, Ifeanyi is free to contest, but i believe Anambra State has past that level of an illiterate ruling ova a large population of one of the most literate people in Nigeria (not as if it has happened before). Ifeanyi also comes from a not too politically vantage zone as u know most Anambarians are weary/suspicious of Nnewi folks, not to mention that Peter Obi currently has an axe to grin with Nnewi people for all the tribulations they put him through and also the massive support Andy Uba got from Ifeanyi in the last Governorship election.
Trust Anambra people they will eat your money, laff and dine with u but on election day they shall show u their real color, just like they did to Soludo and Emeka Offor.

When you were done writing all this, were you happy with yourself? Nnewi, Onitsha, Akwa, Idemili, etc are you all not the same Anambra peeps. Na wa ooo!!
Re: Why Ifeanyi Ubah Wants To Be Governor Of Anambra by OneNaira6: 7:20am On Jul 29, 2012
The only right governor for Anambra state is Soludo.

Don't make the same mistake twice Anambra people.
Re: Why Ifeanyi Ubah Wants To Be Governor Of Anambra by joeyfire(m): 8:54am On Jul 29, 2012
^ bro I don't know about Soludo but I sure as sh.it am sure Ubah cannot be my governor. As for the guy talking about nnewi, do you know that Ubah was almost manhandled for being rude to Chikason and Ibeto at an event more than a year. Even in nnewi he is seen as a money-miss-road upstart
Re: Why Ifeanyi Ubah Wants To Be Governor Of Anambra by hardywaltz(m): 11:47am On Jul 29, 2012
One_Naira:

When you were done writing all this, were you happy with yourself? Nnewi, Onitsha, Akwa, Idemili, etc are you all not the same Anambra peeps. Na wa ooo!!
My dear its the bitter truth, Peter Obi has an axe to grind with Nnewi people, dats local politics 4 u.
Re: Why Ifeanyi Ubah Wants To Be Governor Of Anambra by Murphy7h4: 1:51pm On Jul 29, 2012
bump
Re: Why Ifeanyi Ubah Wants To Be Governor Of Anambra by Onlytruth(m): 4:51am On Jul 30, 2012
If APGA fields Mr Ifeanyi Uba for the gubernatorial elections in 2014, the party may as well kiss Anambra state goodbye. There is a general feeling in Anambra state that we need a HIGH INTELLECTUAL like Prof Charles Chukwuma Soludo, to tinker with the state. We don't lack such men in Anambra state, so businessmen should steer clear until we fix our state and set up all the world class infrastructure necessary to launch the state into the 21st century. Anambra won't have it any other way again.
Nuff said. cool
Re: Why Ifeanyi Ubah Wants To Be Governor Of Anambra by Onlytruth(m): 5:01am On Jul 30, 2012
hardywaltz: Childish write up, Ifeanyi is free to contest, but i believe Anambra State has past that level of an illiterate ruling ova a large population of one of the most literate people in Nigeria (not as if it has happened before). Ifeanyi also comes from a not too politically vantage zone as u know most Anambarians are weary/suspicious of Nnewi folks, not to mention that Peter Obi currently has an axe to grin with Nnewi people for all the tribulations they put him through and also the massive support Andy Uba got from Ifeanyi in the last Governorship election.

Some of you people talk faster than your brains (assuming you have any) and it is very unfortunate!
Since when did the rest of Anambra state gang up on Nnewi? This is how you people plant evil in Igboland and start lamenting (if you are Igbo any way) that we don't get the right leaders or that we don't work together to develop. undecided
The fact remains that Nnewi has not recently produced a top flight politician like the Ikemba or "Akwa eke" Nwafor Orizus or the like. We have produced more businessmen than politicians, so in that light, we cannot necessarily have the best politicians equipped with the best education (comparatively speaking now) to lead Anambra state, at least until the Onlytruths mature. tongue cool cool

As for the reason Peter Obi is muzzling Nnewi (notice that I still give him fair reviews even though he is doing this), it is because my Nnewi folks voted for Dr Chris Nwabueze Ngige in the last elections, not the lie you gave about Andy Uba getting support from Ifeanyi Uba.

Some of you people have serious mental confidence problems. Stop dividing Anambra state for your myopic and fallacious reasons. undecided angry
Re: Why Ifeanyi Ubah Wants To Be Governor Of Anambra by Biggyd2: 10:12am On Jul 30, 2012
So long as a candidate is qualified, what is the problem in the person contesting? However, there should be a free a free and fair election, so that the people of Anambra will elect the person they want.
Re: Why Ifeanyi Ubah Wants To Be Governor Of Anambra by hardywaltz(m): 5:24pm On Jul 30, 2012
Onlytruth:

Some of you people talk faster than your brains (assuming you have any) and it is very unfortunate!
Since when did the rest of Anambra state gang up on Nnewi? This is how you people plant evil in Igboland and start lamenting (if you are Igbo any way) that we don't get the right leaders or that we don't work together to develop. undecided
The fact remains that Nnewi has not recently produced a top flight politician like the Ikemba or "Akwa eke" Nwafor Orizus or the like. We have produced more businessmen than politicians, so in that light, we cannot necessarily have the best politicians equipped with the best education (comparatively speaking now) to lead Anambra state, at least until the Onlytruths mature. tongue cool cool

As for the reason Peter Obi is muzzling Nnewi (notice that I still give him fair reviews even though he is doing this), it is because my Nnewi folks voted for Dr Chris Nwabueze Ngige in the last elections, not the lie you gave about Andy Uba getting support from Ifeanyi Uba.

Some of you people have serious mental confidence problems. Stop dividing Anambra state for your myopic and fallacious reasons. undecided angry
Mr Onlytruth i have no issues with ur view, tone down the insults. If you don't believe me, pretend that u are from anoda LGA and sample peoples opinion on how they (Anambra Peps) feel about Nnnewi people and you may just be shocked with their nauseating responses. Good enough you acknowledged Peter Obi is on a vengeance mission against Nnnewi people for their role in his removal from office and not voting for him during the last election(s). U call urself Onlytruth well this is plaintruth. In essence what i'm trying to say is Nnnewi has to present a reasonable/viable candidate (not Ifeanyi Ubah; onlytruth etc) if they want to win people to their side.
Re: Why Ifeanyi Ubah Wants To Be Governor Of Anambra by Onlytruth(m): 6:02pm On Jul 30, 2012
hardywaltz:
Mr Onlytruth i have no issues with ur view, tone down the insults. If you don't believe me, pretend that u are from anoda LGA and sample peoples opinion on how they (Anambra Peps) feel about Nnnewi people and you may just be shocked with their nauseating responses. Good enough you acknowledged Peter Obi is on a vengeance mission against Nnnewi people for their role in his removal from office and not voting for him during the last election(s). U call urself Onlytruth well this is plaintruth. In essence what i'm trying to say is Nnnewi has to present a reasonable/viable candidate (not Ifeanyi Ubah; onlytruth etc) if they want to win people to their side.

You are cornered Mr man! cheesy
BTW I bolded the only truth in your comment. The rest is gibberish from an asinine mind. cool
Since when did YOUR PERSONAL inferiority complex towards Nnewi people translate to "Anambra against Nnewi"?
Do you know how proud an average Anambra man is just because of Nnewi town? lol

I have NEVER being a supporter of Mr Ifeanyi Uba, and I stated so in the past that I don't think that he is qualified to lead Anambra state.
Anambra state is NOT Capital oil. undecided

Like I said, Peter Obi is on a vengeance mission against Nnewi because we voted NGIGE (nothing more) and that alone speaks VOLUMES about his leadership abilities. A man so petty minded has no business leading a state like Anambra state. Nevertheless, he remains our governor until 2014 when we shall (by God's grace) elect a Soludo or even Dora Akunyili or such top flight intellectual leaders.

1 Like

Re: Why Ifeanyi Ubah Wants To Be Governor Of Anambra by Abagworo(m): 6:11pm On Jul 30, 2012
Onlytruth:

Nevertheless, he remains our governor until 2014 when we shall (by God's grace) elect a Soludo or even Dora Akunyili or such top flight intellectual leaders.

Man I support you. Ifeanyi Ubah will be a "business as usual" leader and is definitely not what Anambra needs at the moment. Akunyili has already committed political suicide. For me Soludo is the last man standing. I sometimes wonder why Anambra people did not fight to make sure Soludo emerged Governor because if he had won, Anambra would have been on a whole different level by now.
Re: Why Ifeanyi Ubah Wants To Be Governor Of Anambra by Afam4eva(m): 6:17pm On Jul 30, 2012
Abagworo:

Man I support you. Ifeanyi Ubah will be a "business as usual" leader and is definitely not what Anambra needs at the moment. Akunyili has already committed political suicide. For me Soludo is the last man standing. I sometimes wonder why Anambra people did not fight to make sure Soludo emerged Governor because if he had won, Anambra would have been on a whole different level by now.
One thing i noticed about Anambra is that they like electing someone that's based in Anambra. You can't just come from your base in Lagos and Abuja and become the governor in Anambra state. I think that's one factor that militated against Soludo. While the Lagos media was tipping him to win the seat, Anambrarians knew who they wanted. Imagine that a Soludo did not even come second but third. I sha hope that he'll be elected in 2014 but first, he must do his home work.

1 Like

Re: Why Ifeanyi Ubah Wants To Be Governor Of Anambra by Abagworo(m): 6:27pm On Jul 30, 2012
afam4eva:
One thing i noticed about Anambra is that they like electing someone that's based in Anambra. You can't just come from your base in Lagos and Abuja and become the governor in Anambra state. I think that's one factor that militated against Soludo. While the Lagos media was tipping him to win the seat, Anambrarians knew who they wanted. Imagine that a Soludo did not even come second but third. I sha hope that he'll be elected in 2014 but first, he must do his home work.

If the bolded is true, then it is commendable.
Re: Why Ifeanyi Ubah Wants To Be Governor Of Anambra by Onlytruth(m): 7:07pm On Jul 30, 2012
afam4eva:
One thing i noticed about Anambra is that they like electing someone that's based in Anambra. Y[b]ou can't just come from your base in Lagos and Abuja and become the governor in Anambra state. I think that's one factor that militated against Soludo. While the Lagos media was tipping him to win the seat, Anambrarians knew who they wanted.[/b] Imagine that a Soludo did not even come second but third. I sha hope that he'll be elected in 2014 but first, he must do his home work.

You are right about the bolded, but there were other factors that helped Peter Obi during the last election. One factor for instance-> OJUKWU who begged our people to vote for Peter Obi. Ngige was the man to beat in that election; so I was not suprised by Soludo's third position. Ngige (to some extent) may still be the man to beat (if he recontests), unless Soludo makes use of Ngige's temporary "absense" (Ngige is in Abuja, lol) to do some serious groundwork. Anambra politics can be quite intriguing.

After Peter Obi, it will take long before we elect another business man to lead us.
We need technocrats and seasoned administrators.

1 Like

Re: Why Ifeanyi Ubah Wants To Be Governor Of Anambra by asha80(m): 8:52pm On Jul 30, 2012
Onlytruth:

You are right about the bolded, but there were other factors that helped Peter Obi during the last election. One factor for instance-> OJUKWU who begged our people to vote for Peter Obi. Ngige was the man to beat in that election; so I was not suprised by Soludo's third position. Ngige (to some extent) may still be the man to beat (if he recontests), unless Soludo makes use of Ngige's temporary "absense" (Ngige is in Abuja, lol) to do some serious groundwork. Anambra politics can be quite intriguing.

After Peter Obi, it will take long before we elect another business man to lead us.
We need technocrats and seasoned administrators.

well that is if the grassroot guys who the the main voters would be aware of that.

Court Garnishes Uba’s Bank Account
Share This

Add to Delicious
Share on FriendFeed
Digg
submit to reddit

Tags

The buildup to the 2014 gubernatorial elections in the southeast Nigerian State of Anambra may have begun unveiling symptoms indicative of a return to trouble times in Anambra State. Information recently made available to 247ureports.com through sources close to the activities around the mechanizations towards the 2014 polls indicates that the shady oil mogul chief executive officer [CEO] of Capital Oil, Ifeanyi Uba effort to commandeer the political activities of Anambra State may have to do with the increasing financial instability within the oil mogul’s business empire.

According to the available information, a recent court decision given against the oil mogul, Ifeanyi Uba over a one-year old debt owed to Britannia to the tune of N3.1billion may have exposed the shady oil mogul’s business empire as increasingly facing insurmountable financial problems. The court had garnished the bank accounts of the oil mogul. Further investigation by our correspondent indicates that the shady oil mogul, Ifeanyi Uba’s Capital oil may indeed have a liability that has outgrown its liquidity – and that is to say that the oil mogul owes more money that he has. This information comes against the revelation that the shady oil mogul maintains a staggering debt profile with numerous commercial banks amounting to the tune of N70billion. Further worsening the financial instability of Ifeayi Uba’s business empire is the recent revelation by the oil subsidy probe report which indicated Ifeanyi Uba’s Capitol Oil received N30billion worth of oil subsidy monies for the importation of refined crude oil but failed import the said refined petroleum.

Capitol oil’s financial gridlock is reported to have descended embarrassing levels. Employees of Capitol Oil disclosed to 247ureports.com the workers at the firm have yet to receive their four month salary. Ifeanyi Uba has yet to pay salaries to his workers for four months.

The oil mogul who is an indigene of Nnewi in Anambra State has reportedly made known his intention to vie for the gubernatorial elections in Anambra State in 2014 under the party banner of the All Progressive Grand Alliance [APGA]. But his professed aspiration may have hit a dead road owing concerns within the leadership of the APGA. According to information received, some of within the leadership of APGA who are concerned about the undemocratic emergence and/or coronation of a candidate who may have not completed a secondary school education –and who may have near insurmountable debt profile in his business – opted to have the seemingly arbitrary selection of Ifeanyi Uba as the candidate of APGA quashed until a primary election is conducted within the party.

Ifeanyi Uba, CEO Capitol Oil and Gubernatorial Aspirant,

As gathered, the shady oil mogul, Ifeanyi Uba, in response to the concerns raised by the leadership of the party, moved to romance the embattled chairman of the party, APGA in the person of Chief Victor Umeh. According to reports, the oil mogul approached the APGA embattled chairman with financial enticement to the tuned of N250million in return for the party’s gubernatorial ticket and control of the party structure in Anambra State.
Re: Why Ifeanyi Ubah Wants To Be Governor Of Anambra by FJCRUISER: 5:35pm On Aug 01, 2012
One_Naira: The only right governor for Anambra state is Soludo.

Don't make the same mistake twice Anambra people.
IT TAKES A TIEF, A BRAGGARD ,SEMI ILLITERATE AND SELFISH SELFCENTERED PERSON TO IDENTIFY ANODA OF HIS KIND SO DAT BOTH CAN OWN ANAMBRA . TUFIAKWA GOD IS NOT SLEEPING . SOLUDO NI SOLUDO KO. WINCH PPLE NO GO SEE US AGAIN
Re: Why Ifeanyi Ubah Wants To Be Governor Of Anambra by petmore(m): 9:27pm On Apr 26, 2013
na waoo beter peter obi stay in that seat because anambra is good than before,hehe ifeanyi ubah again,that man just come back from frensh country and and thief nigeria oil and eat some bodys money,infact peter obi is best governor in anambra state since i was born,please umu anambra please make every body run for thatman called ubah,ubah is not good name,umu igbo anyi ga ama ife anyi mere wepu onye ochi na uno anyi

1 Like

Re: Why Ifeanyi Ubah Wants To Be Governor Of Anambra by mensdept: 1:05am On Apr 27, 2013
Ifeanyi Ubah is a rogue. Simple
Re: Why Ifeanyi Ubah Wants To Be Governor Of Anambra by cjrane: 2:33am On Apr 27, 2013
UBAH wants to be Governor simply to loot in order to pay back Coscharis and the banks the massive debts he incurred.
Re: Why Ifeanyi Ubah Wants To Be Governor Of Anambra by asha80(m): 7:28am On Apr 27, 2013
cjrane: UBAH wants to be Governor simply to loot in order to pay back Coscharis and the banks the massive debts he incurred.
exactly.
Re: Why Ifeanyi Ubah Wants To Be Governor Of Anambra by Nobody: 8:01am On Apr 27, 2013
Ifeanyi Ubah is a joker. He wouldn't be in the top four after the election results are announced.

I reckon that Chris Ngige would win the governorship election based on his popular appeal in the state. Soludo would not get the PDP ticket, and I don't think he expects to get the APGA ticket either. This effectively means that his chances are very limited.

Andy Uba is likely to emerge the PDP candidate, and with his unrivalled war chest, he stands a good chance of giving Ngige a tough challenge. Bottom line: the battle would boil down to a two-horse race between Chris Ngige (APC) and Andy Uba (PDP).
Re: Why Ifeanyi Ubah Wants To Be Governor Of Anambra by jacintamary: 8:26am On Apr 27, 2013
petmore: na waoo beter peter obi stay in that seat because anambra is good than before,hehe ifeanyi ubah again,that man just come back from frensh country and and thief nigeria oil and eat some bodys money,infact peter obi is best governor in anambra state since i was born,please umu anambra please make every body run for thatman called ubah,ubah is not good name,umu igbo anyi ga ama ife anyi mere wepu onye ochi na uno anyi

you were obviously born in 2006!
Re: Why Ifeanyi Ubah Wants To Be Governor Of Anambra by nameo: 8:34am On Apr 27, 2013
Is this man not a thief? Anambra people shine your eyes o

Why cant someone like Prof Akunyili made a Governor in Anambra?
Re: Why Ifeanyi Ubah Wants To Be Governor Of Anambra by asha80(m): 8:45am On Apr 27, 2013
nameo:

made?is it by annointing?she should bring out herself for voting.
Re: Why Ifeanyi Ubah Wants To Be Governor Of Anambra by mensdept: 10:18pm On Apr 27, 2013
nameo:

Now thats asking for too much. You want there to be someone that tells Nigerians the truth about themselves?

Haba

LOL
Re: Why Ifeanyi Ubah Wants To Be Governor Of Anambra by slimghost(m): 10:35pm On Apr 27, 2013
Abagworo:

What's your business with Anambra politics? Dude pls take your inferiority complex somewhere else!
Re: Why Ifeanyi Ubah Wants To Be Governor Of Anambra by slimghost(m): 10:40pm On Apr 27, 2013
pro01: Ifeanyi Ubah is a joker. He wouldn't be in the top four after the election results are announced.

I reckon that Chris Ngige would win the governorship election based on his popular appeal in the state. Soludo would not get the PDP ticket, and I don't think he expects to get the APGA ticket either. This effectively means that his chances are very limited.

Andy Uba is likely to emerge the PDP candidate, and with his unrivalled war chest, he stands a good chance of giving Ngige a tough challenge. Bottom line: the battle would boil down to a two-horse race between Chris Ngige (APC) and Andy Uba (PDP).
Hahahahahaha. Iyaa Basira analysis. Hate Peter Obi or not, dude is a fuvking godfather in Anambra State and its no rocket science that who ever he supports come next year, will win that election. MARK THESE WORDS!

(1) (2) (Reply)

The Helicopters That Evacuated CDS Badeh’s Family From Mubi: A Lesson For All Ni / Short Profile Of Professor Yemi Osinbajo / Now There Is Adequate Power Supply In Nigeria And Nobody Is Talking?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.