Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,408 members, 7,819,453 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:33 PM

Tinubu:The Former Exxon Mobil Treasurer Turned Billionaire Politician - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Tinubu:The Former Exxon Mobil Treasurer Turned Billionaire Politician (6422 Views)

LP Treasurer Oparah Asks Abure To Account For N3.5bn / President Buhari Holds Bilateral Meetings With President Of Exxon Mobil / Sumbo Ajose Is Dead! Lagos APC Treasurer Dies In The US (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Tinubu:The Former Exxon Mobil Treasurer Turned Billionaire Politician by Nobody: 6:15pm On Nov 22, 2019
One of the wonders of the world is how Tinubu a mere Treasurer and salary earner at Exxon Mobil who was not even an Executive Director turned to a billionaire richer than Floyd 'Money' Mayweather after his foray into politics. He lives an ostentatious lifestyle-when not busy ferrying bullion vans to his residence, you can catch him flying around the world in a private jet(According to The Nations Newspaper he owns is a $35 million dollar VP-CBT Falcon Dassault jet)
https://thenationonlineng.net/tinubus-private-plane-flies-jammeh-exile/
https://www.aircraftcompare.com/aircraft/dassault-falcon-900dx/

He has amassed a string of businesses from The Nations Newspaper,Radio Continental,TVC and Alpha Beta.

Who new Tinubu was Nigeria's Warren Buffet with a midas touch. He needs to be invited by Oxford and Harvard to explain how he went from salary earner working as a Treasurer at Exxon Mobil to a billionaire, while the state he governed is ranked the third worst metropolis in the world, without portable water,good road network,hospital he can attend to or electricity.

How was he able to make a profit after Direct Material,Direct Labour,Manaufacturing Overhead and taxes paid to the government. How was he able to raise the capital to start a string of businesses. This is a lesson business students in Harvard,Oxford and Wharton will like to know.

Re: Tinubu:The Former Exxon Mobil Treasurer Turned Billionaire Politician by SimDan95(m): 6:17pm On Nov 22, 2019
*smiles*
Have u forgotten that the acclaimed jagaban is a dealer

He deals in all kinds of product

COKE

METH

HEROIN

MOLLY

please don't lemme go on.

oh I forgot, he squeezed the juices out of lagosians, while the blinded ones asslick in absolute poverty their drug Lord presides as god over them.

Lalasticlala please frontpage

If u think of quoting me for senseless comments

10 Likes

Re: Tinubu:The Former Exxon Mobil Treasurer Turned Billionaire Politician by Nobody: 6:27pm On Nov 22, 2019
SimDan95:
*smiles*
Have u forgotten that the acclaimed jagaban is a dealer

He deals in all kinds of product

COKE

METH

HEROIN

MOLLY

please don't lemme go on.

oh I forgot, he squeezed the juices out of lagosians, while the blinded ones asslick in absolute poverty their drug Lord presides as god over them.

Lalasticlala please frontpage

If u think of quoting me for senseless comments
grin

6 Likes

Re: Tinubu:The Former Exxon Mobil Treasurer Turned Billionaire Politician by Saao(m): 6:32pm On Nov 22, 2019
Lol, the guy na drug dealer na that's the coco.

9 Likes

Re: Tinubu:The Former Exxon Mobil Treasurer Turned Billionaire Politician by content208: 6:33pm On Nov 22, 2019
djdutchbrah:
One of the wonders of the world is how Tinubu a mere Treasurer and salary earner at Exxon Mobil who was not even an Executive Director turned to a billionaire richer than Floyd 'Money' Mayweather after his foray into politics. He lives an ostentatiuous lifestyle-when not busy ferrying bullion vans to his residence, you can catch him flying around the world in a private jet.

He has amassed a string of businesses from The Nations Newspaper,Radio Continental,TVC and Alpha Beta.

Who new Tinubu was Nigeria's Warren Buffet with a midas touch. He needs to be invited by Oxford and Harvard to explain how he went from salary earner working as a Treasurer at Exxon Mobil to a billionaire, while the state he governed is ranked the third worst metropolis in the world, without portable water,good road network,hospital he can attend to or electricity.

How was he able to make a profit after Direct Material,Direct Labour,Manaufacturing Overhead and taxes paid to the government. How was he able to raise the capital to start a string of businesses. This is a lesson business students in Harvard,Oxford and Wharton will like to know.

Tinubu wasa heroin bagman. He pushed drug.

11 Likes

Re: Tinubu:The Former Exxon Mobil Treasurer Turned Billionaire Politician by SalamRushdie: 6:33pm On Nov 22, 2019
The Salary of a senior financial analyst with ExxonMobil today is 108 thousand dollars a year ( it was far lower in the 80s when Tinubu claimed to work there )

Can Bourdillon zombies shoe us how this man saved 108 thousand dollars to own all he owns today so we can learn

8 Likes

Re: Tinubu:The Former Exxon Mobil Treasurer Turned Billionaire Politician by paix(m): 6:34pm On Nov 22, 2019
Death is patiently waiting for the day somebody somewhere will just come and enjoy the money. Because empty you came and empty you shall return. All the hustling and bustling, the craze to accumulate will come to a halt abruptly. God is wonderful.
Re: Tinubu:The Former Exxon Mobil Treasurer Turned Billionaire Politician by Nobody: 6:37pm On Nov 22, 2019
SalamRushdie:
The Salary of a senior financial analyst with ExxonMobil today is 108 thousand dollars a year ( it was far lower in the 80s when Tinubu claimed to work there )

Can Bourdillon zombies shoe us how this man saved 108 million dollars to own all he owns today so we can learn
Business school students from Harvard in USA,Oxford in UK and Lousanne in Switizerland are all itching to know and would like to do a case study on how he amassed such wealth within a short time.

11 Likes

Re: Tinubu:The Former Exxon Mobil Treasurer Turned Billionaire Politician by beresponsible(m): 6:43pm On Nov 22, 2019
The Tinubu family were major slave suppliers to foreign traders from Lagos ports. After abolition his grand parents delved into palm oil and other commodities. From this revenue they were able to acquire expanse of lands in Lagos Island and Balogun areas which were rented to British companies and the federal government when Lagos was capital.
His own mother was the number one iya lodja of all the markets in Lagos so imagine the revenue. With a large retirement package from ExxonMobil, family money and goodwill he embarked to run for lagos state governor.
If one has a solid family name tied to prime real estate and major markets centers in a city like Lagos coupled with 8 years of embezzlement as Lagos governor plus 8 years of his boy Fashola remitting that's 16 years and the wife representing a very wealthy lagos state constituency in the senate also remitting. All other SW governors and senators were his boys so also remitting, not to talk commissioners and civil servants who owe Tinubu goodwill. At that level in Nigeria, he was qualified to influence national politics in Nigeria by amalgamating with other opposition parties to form APC.
After APC defeated PDP, Tinubu is the national leader with Buhari type influence in this country, he has the VP remitting, Fashola with 3 ministries then remitting, all SW elites in juicy positions were remitting for the first four years. At this point Tinubu has financially sponsored several senators and governors around the country who are remitting.
After understanding all of the above, in what type of vehicle should this national leader transport money to mobilize millions of his party members to vote for hundreds of his candidates from presidency, senate, hse of reps in multiple voting grounds in several states especially on election day rife with lawlessness. Politicians have been using bullion van from time. Senatorial candidate from my place had a bullion van bring his money on election. It's the safest way to transport large amounts of money by all financial institutions.
Also how can you compare Mayweather with Tinubu? Private jet? Do you know the % of Lagos state $billons budget that goes to the governor for 8 years, % of all the people remitting to Tinubu in $£€? I doubt Mayweather is a billionaire. Mayweather fought 50 fights and is sharing the purse with 100s of people. Do you know whats a Nigerian party national leader ? Imagine your state chairman's influence on all candidates who are going state level elections. Multiply that on a national level. Tinubu is like a king with people you and I see as rich Nigerians like Dangote, Otedola, Adenuga from the business world remitting to him perpetually.

No advantage in bringing Tinubu down, he is the only unwavering strong man from the South that provides a counterweight to the untrustworthy North. Any southerner fighting Tinubu is shifting the balance to the North. Tinubu was a progressive governor, his boys Fashola, Aregbeshola, etc.. are all progressives and APC had a progressive background before hijacked by the Fulani cabal. I wish leaders of the South East and south south oil producing states can emulate Tinubu, empower their boys to top positions and shift the scale of regional influence in Nigerian politics in favor of the south

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tinubu:The Former Exxon Mobil Treasurer Turned Billionaire Politician by Nobody: 6:44pm On Nov 22, 2019
Frontpage Lalastiscala

1 Like

Re: Tinubu:The Former Exxon Mobil Treasurer Turned Billionaire Politician by SalamRushdie: 6:49pm On Nov 22, 2019
beresponsible:
The Tinubu family were major slave suppliers to foreign traders from Lagos ports. After abolition his grand parents delved into palm oil and other commodities. From this revenue they were able to acquire expanse of lands in Lagos Island and Balogun areas which were rented to British companies and the federal government when Lagos was capital.
His own mother was the number one iya lodja of all the markets in Lagos so imagine the revenue. After ExxonMobil, it's family money that backed him to run as Lagos governor and the rest is history.
If one has a solid family name tied prime real estate and major markets centers and the shady financial background coupled with 8 years of embezzlement as Lagos governors plus 8 years of his boy fashola remitting that's 16 years and the wife representing a very wealthy lagos state constituency in the senate also remitting. All other SW governors and senators were his boys so also remitting, not to talk of 1000 of lagosians in the civil service who owe Tinubu goodwill. it's possible to influence national politics in Nigeria
Remember we saw bullion vans this 2nd electiin

I hope you know his name is not Tinubu and that he is actually an Osun man pretending to be Iyalojas son ?

10 Likes

Re: Tinubu:The Former Exxon Mobil Treasurer Turned Billionaire Politician by SalamRushdie: 6:50pm On Nov 22, 2019
paix:
Death is patiently waiting for the day somebody somewhere will just come and enjoy the money. Because empty you came and empty you shall return. All the hustling and bustling, the craze to accumulate will come to a halt abruptly. God is wonderful.

The day that man dies many people have turned multi millionaires and some even Billionaire..the man acquire no be small
Re: Tinubu:The Former Exxon Mobil Treasurer Turned Billionaire Politician by paix(m): 6:55pm On Nov 22, 2019
SalamRushdie:

The day that man dies many people have turned multi millionaires and some even Billionaire..the man acquire no be small
Nawa o. That much?
Re: Tinubu:The Former Exxon Mobil Treasurer Turned Billionaire Politician by Nobody: 7:04pm On Nov 22, 2019
paix:
Nawa o. That much?
He is a billionaire in dollars and pounds.
Re: Tinubu:The Former Exxon Mobil Treasurer Turned Billionaire Politician by rexwalters: 7:23pm On Nov 22, 2019
SalamRushdie:

I hope you know his name is not Tinubu and that he is actually an Osun manu pretending to be Iyalojas son ?
A thread for the haters? No die of high blood pressure Shameless Salman Rushdie & Co, keep wailing, while we keep pushing it to the limit, Jagaban for President 2023, Mr Rushdie I thought you would have learnt your lesson from your President Buhari/ Atiku experience?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tinubu:The Former Exxon Mobil Treasurer Turned Billionaire Politician by Nobody: 7:25pm On Nov 22, 2019
It is easy to respect people who you feel they are successful but you don't know how they arrived there.

That's how I used to revere Tinubu when I was not in business, till I joined business in Nigeria and understood that his riches were not workable in figures.

So if USA media said his wealth is shady, then that is what it is.

Not even N1 respect given anymore.

So if anyone still admires or wishes this man as president, the person is occupying an empty level of understanding. More as a confused hunger striken nincompoop.

Only a demented fellow supports his oppressor.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tinubu:The Former Exxon Mobil Treasurer Turned Billionaire Politician by rexwalters: 7:29pm On Nov 22, 2019
RonaldoVido:
It is easy to respect people who you feel they are successful but you don't know how they arrived there.

That's how I used to Revere Tinubu when I was not in business, till I.joined business in Nigeria and understood that his riches were not workable.

So if USA media said his wealth is shady, that what it is.

Not even N1 respect given anymore.

So if anyone still admires or wishes this man as president, the person is occupying an empty level of understanding. More as a confused hunger striken nincompoop.
My honest advice for you, start packing your nylon bags to leave Nigeria, come May 29th 2023., Nobody is interested in your worthless opinion.
Re: Tinubu:The Former Exxon Mobil Treasurer Turned Billionaire Politician by Nobody: 7:30pm On Nov 22, 2019
rexwalters:
A thread for the haters? No die of high blood pressure Shameless Salman Rushdie & Co, keep wailing, while we keep pushing it to the limit, Jagaban for President 2023, Mr Rushdie I thought you would have learnt your lesson from your President Buhari/ Atiku experience?

How many jobs has your Buhary created since 2015 ?

Only First Bank sacked over 1,000 this week.

5 Likes

Re: Tinubu:The Former Exxon Mobil Treasurer Turned Billionaire Politician by Nobody: 7:32pm On Nov 22, 2019
rexwalters:
My honest advice for you, start packing your nylon bags to leave Nigeria, come May 29th 2023., Nobody is interested in your worthless opinion.

Hunger might kill you before that date.

Highest I fit sell my assets and leave or live on the money.

6 Likes

Re: Tinubu:The Former Exxon Mobil Treasurer Turned Billionaire Politician by Nobody: 7:35pm On Nov 22, 2019
Bia make una free TINUBU
Had it been that my Father behaved like every othe politician I wouldn't be suffering now
Since morning I haven't eating
My Dad was busy building infrastructures
Giving free Education
His name is Chief Stanley Nwankwo Uhuo you can check it out.
He refused to touch government money and property but my State government has forgotten about us

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tinubu:The Former Exxon Mobil Treasurer Turned Billionaire Politician by rexwalters: 7:35pm On Nov 22, 2019
RonaldoVido:

How many jobs has your Buhary created since 2015 ?

Only First Bank sacked over 1,000 this week.
Ronaldovido how many goals have you scored since 2015? Go and complete your NYSC , so you can go and look for a decent job, what concerns President Buhari and First Bank laying of some of it's workers? When 1st Bank declared record profits last year, did anyone praise President Buhari?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Tinubu:The Former Exxon Mobil Treasurer Turned Billionaire Politician by rexwalters: 7:37pm On Nov 22, 2019
RonaldoVido:

Hunger might kill you before that date.

Highest I fit sell my assets and leave or live on the money.
Sell which assets? I hope you are not categorizing your Chinese handset and Lenovo laptop as assets?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Tinubu:The Former Exxon Mobil Treasurer Turned Billionaire Politician by Nobody: 7:39pm On Nov 22, 2019
rexwalters:
Sell which assets? I hope you are not categorizing your Chinese handset and Lenovo laptop as assets?

I don't exchange words with touts o.

Support your Buhary in peace.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tinubu:The Former Exxon Mobil Treasurer Turned Billionaire Politician by rexwalters: 7:41pm On Nov 22, 2019
Hizzy:
Bia make una free TINUBU
Had it been that my Father behaved like every othe politician I wouldn't be suffering now
Since morning I haven't eating
My Dad was busy building infrastructures
Giving free Education
His name is Chief Stanley Nwankwo Uhuo you can check it out.
He refused to touch government money and property but my State government has forgotten about us
Na so, they want Jagaban to be president of SU? Only the Hypocrites are complaining, even James Ibori has returned, and is cooling off in Oghara.

1 Like

Re: Tinubu:The Former Exxon Mobil Treasurer Turned Billionaire Politician by Nobody: 7:51pm On Nov 22, 2019
rexwalters:

4 Likes

Re: Tinubu:The Former Exxon Mobil Treasurer Turned Billionaire Politician by ZooOga: 8:23pm On Nov 22, 2019
with above average salaries from big international companies, some luck, frugality, and good investments many can attain high net worth.
money grows exponentially over time like monetary magic. it has a powerful invisible force of it's own. that's why dem say 'the rich get richer' is a popular and true saying.

Time Value of Money Formula
FV = Future value of money. PV = Present value of money. i = interest rate. n = number of compounding periods per year.

Compound Interest
https://www.investopedia.com/terms/c/compoundinterest.asp

Re: Tinubu:The Former Exxon Mobil Treasurer Turned Billionaire Politician by Nobody: 8:47pm On Nov 22, 2019
ZooOga:
with above average salaries from big international companies, some luck, frugality, and good investments many can attain high net worth.
money grows exponentially over time like monetary magic. it has a powerful invisible force of it's own. that's why dem say 'the rich get richer' is a popular and true saying.

Time Value of Money Formula
FV = Future value of money. PV = Present value of money. i = interest rate. n = number of compounding periods per year.

Compound Interest
https://www.investopedia.com/terms/c/compoundinterest.asp
This is why we need him to lecture at Harvard and Oxford how explain how he became a billionaire after he got into the politics. He needs to share his knowledge with the world.

7 Likes

Re: Tinubu:The Former Exxon Mobil Treasurer Turned Billionaire Politician by fyneguy: 8:55pm On Nov 22, 2019
SalamRushdie:

Can Bourdillon zombies shoe us how this man saved 108 thousand dollars to own all he owns today so we can learn

Lol

Let me reveal one of his secrets, as narrated by Prof. Wole Soyinka. During the NADECO days, Tinubu asked Soyinka to give him a letter to Thai Govt for a credit line to supply Thai rice to all African countries. Soyinka said he wondered how that would work. Tinubu asked him to just use his "Nobel Laurette" letter-head for the introduction. It paid off!.
Re: Tinubu:The Former Exxon Mobil Treasurer Turned Billionaire Politician by wwwihy: 8:58pm On Nov 22, 2019
Tinubu is the Wailers master.
They don't know more than Tinubu. He lives and controls their minds and IQ.

“People who hate you because of a mere jealousy over your success hurt themselves in disguise. This is because you carry an image of who they wish they had become. Don’t hate them back because they may also become like you one day and it will mean hurting that image you carry!”– Israelmore Ayivor

1 Like

Re: Tinubu:The Former Exxon Mobil Treasurer Turned Billionaire Politician by jahsharon: 9:04pm On Nov 22, 2019
djdutchbrah:
One of the wonders of the world is how Tinubu a mere Treasurer and salary earner at Exxon Mobil who was not even an Executive Director turned to a billionaire richer than Floyd 'Money' Mayweather after his foray into politics. He lives an ostentatious lifestyle-when not busy ferrying bullion vans to his residence, you can catch him flying around the world in a private jet(According to The Nations Newspaper he owns is a $35 million dollar VP-CBT Falcon Dassault jet)
https://thenationonlineng.net/tinubus-private-plane-flies-jammeh-exile/
https://www.aircraftcompare.com/aircraft/dassault-falcon-900dx/

Una go cry, cry, cry, una go tire. An oil company executive becoming a billionaire ought not be a surprise, the surprise should be how a classroom teacher became a billionaire when her husband became president.

Re: Tinubu:The Former Exxon Mobil Treasurer Turned Billionaire Politician by jahsharon: 9:13pm On Nov 22, 2019
SalamRushdie:

But the salary of a classroom teacher in Nigeria is enough to make her a billionaire when her husband became president.

Re: Tinubu:The Former Exxon Mobil Treasurer Turned Billionaire Politician by Nobody: 9:17pm On Nov 22, 2019
jahsharon:

Una go cry, cry, cry, una go tire. An oil company executive becoming a billionaire ought not be a surprise, the surprise should be how a classroom teacher became a billionaire when her husband became president.
He was not an executive clown!A Treasurer is not on the board,but a middle management employee who reports to the Finance Director that is the executive that sits on the board.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Ojukwu: Immortalize Him – Yerima / Picture: The Girl Who Is The Jamaica Minister Of Youth And Culture. / Aluu 4: The Need For Justice

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.