Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,378 members, 7,864,717 topics. Date: Wednesday, 19 June 2024 at 03:53 AM

~~~Cultural Homosexxuality Rates Among Nigerian Ethnic Groups~~~ - Culture (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / ~~~Cultural Homosexxuality Rates Among Nigerian Ethnic Groups~~~ (8513 Views)

Some Old Pictures Of Nigerian Ethnic Groups And People / Some Nigerian Ethnic Groups And Their Dressing Styles (pictures) / The 250+ Tribes/ethnic Groups In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: ~~~Cultural Homosexxuality Rates Among Nigerian Ethnic Groups~~~ by Nobody: 7:49pm On Jul 29, 2012
Ileke-IdI:
And because you're sure that they're closet gays? Once could foolishly say Chinese-americans men are cowadice minds gay just because they have low population of homosexuals. Does that make sense to you?
You're contradicting yourself. Calling the same progressive minds coward minds at the same time.
The same Igbo men who'd come and attack their gay brothers on NL and offline are the ones you call progressives.
The same Ibime you quote is an Igbo man, one of many that looks down on homosexuality. Plz redefine progressive minds.

Eke-Id there is no contradiction in my post above, i just don't think you quite understand them.

I explained the difference between the progressive minds and the others.

I think you fail to understand because you are really under the false assumption that "Yoruba do not often produce gay male offspring"

There for there can't possibly be "closeted" gay Yoruba..

sure there is.

Logically, Just an overall view of the world, historical accounts and modern studies will tell us this.(about all Men)

Re: ~~~Cultural Homosexxuality Rates Among Nigerian Ethnic Groups~~~ by suyu: 7:51pm On Jul 29, 2012
Is it by force that there has to be gay-s in Nigeria; mschew

Thank God Nigeria made it illegal
Re: ~~~Cultural Homosexxuality Rates Among Nigerian Ethnic Groups~~~ by Nobody: 7:53pm On Jul 29, 2012
I explained the difference between the progressive minds and the others.

You called A progressive mind because they have higher homosexual population.
You called B cowardice mind because they have lower homosexual population.

A and B are fond to abuse their homosexual population. B has more homosexual advocates than A.
A and B are found to attack homosexuals at the same rate.

The only reason you called A progressive is becaus eof their higher population of homosexuals. . . .

Please redefine progressive mind.
Re: ~~~Cultural Homosexxuality Rates Among Nigerian Ethnic Groups~~~ by Nobody: 7:55pm On Jul 29, 2012
Ileke-IdI:

Yorubaland is not Amelikka where the black male gay population is 5 to 10 lol grin

Yoruba men are as heterosexual as can be. Tape a puzzy on a broom stick, throw it inside a Nigerian male pool and see if a Yoruba man does not start banging it grin

The bold is exactly why this thread was created...... cool

you are under this false illusion.....

When certain tolerance is granted towards a group....population statistics and visual evidence of "obvious" openly flagrant behavior will show more of the true story.

The truth is, because it's so condemned and demonized...In that culture....This reasoning "leads" to false numbers and closeted gay yoruba men "claiming" to be straight.

Yoruba men are just as gay as all the rest of the "men" in the world...Your culture just teaches them that..they better Lie or else wink
Re: ~~~Cultural Homosexxuality Rates Among Nigerian Ethnic Groups~~~ by Nobody: 7:55pm On Jul 29, 2012
Ileke-IdI:

You called A progressive mind because they have higher homosexual population.
You called B cowardice mind because they have lower homosexual population.

No, i did not...Clearly. Nothing of the sort
Re: ~~~Cultural Homosexxuality Rates Among Nigerian Ethnic Groups~~~ by Nobody: 7:57pm On Jul 29, 2012
~Royal~:

The bold is exactly why this thread was created...... cool

you are under this false illusion.....

When certain tolerance is granted towards a group....population statistics and visual evidence of "obvious" openly flagrant behavior will show more of the true story.

The truth is, because it's so condemned and demonized...In that culture....This reasoning "leads" to false numbers and closeted gay yoruba men "claiming" to be straight.

Yoruba men are just as gay as all the rest of the "men" in the world...Your culture just teaches them that..they better Lie or else wink

It's so condemned and demonized in every Nigerian culture.

Lagos is a more Westernized state in Nigeria. Yet the number of gay Yorubas are not as high as my Igbo brothers. In Amelikka and London, even the numbers are very low.

Wht you're trying to do is to force a sexuality on people who have no affinity for it.
Re: ~~~Cultural Homosexxuality Rates Among Nigerian Ethnic Groups~~~ by Nobody: 7:59pm On Jul 29, 2012
~Royal~:

No, i did not...Clearly. Nothing of the sort

"The Number of Gays by male population is something like 1 out of 10 or such...depending on whose research..."

"Babii..the Yoruba males are just "lying" allot more than others lol"

"I explained the difference between the progressive minds and the others."

Re: ~~~Cultural Homosexxuality Rates Among Nigerian Ethnic Groups~~~ by Nobody: 8:00pm On Jul 29, 2012
~Royal~:
Is there a such thing as "being born gay"...absolutely....

LmL@The Picture...

My thing basically is, it seems as if the "progressive minds" of nigeria are being condemned by the "coward minds"

Scientist all know...being gay has no relevance to ethnicity...

Those yoruba men are flat out hiding in the closet...They are suckin on the low..

Meanwhile a portion of the population is "trying" to come into the new world with "progression"

But it is being prevented by the cowardice closet gays.

Progressive Minds>Regressive Beliefs

Especially when they are both engaging in the same exact act

Royal aka The Liberal Leader.

Eke-Id, this quote^ is referencing The difference between the Gay Community and the different mentality towards fighting the "war"

..The reason you don't really understand this and wrote this post below

Ileke-IdI:

You called A progressive mind because they have higher gay population.
You called B cowardice mind because they have lower gay population.

Is because you are really under the false assumption that Yoruba Males are not often gay, therefor there can't be "closeted gay yoruba"
Re: ~~~Cultural Homosexxuality Rates Among Nigerian Ethnic Groups~~~ by Nobody: 8:02pm On Jul 29, 2012
Ileke-IdI:

It's so condemned and demonized in every Nigerian culture.

Lagos is a more Westernized state in Nigeria. Yet the number of gay Yorubas are not as high as my Igbo brothers. In Amelikka and London, even the numbers are very low.

Wht you're trying to do is to force a sexuality on people who have no affinity for it.

Not at all, im not trying to force sexxuality.

What i am explaining is...the "Gay Behavior" is already there...it's just that your society does not tolerate it so it's "hidden"

Just like Lesbians in Islam.
cool
Re: ~~~Cultural Homosexxuality Rates Among Nigerian Ethnic Groups~~~ by Nobody: 8:03pm On Jul 29, 2012
~Royal~:

Eke-Id, this quote^ is referencing The difference between the Gay Community and the different mentality towards fighting the "war"

..The reason you don't really understand this and wrote this post below

Is because you are really under the false assumption that Yoruba Males are not often gay, therefor there can't be "closeted gay yoruba"

You fall under the false assumption that just because Yorubaland has fewer homosexuals indicate that they're closeted gays.

As for your 1:10 stats . . . . since no Nigerian region has met up to that criteria, should we then call all regions regressive minds?

Redefine progressive minds abeg.
Re: ~~~Cultural Homosexxuality Rates Among Nigerian Ethnic Groups~~~ by Nobody: 8:05pm On Jul 29, 2012
Ileke-IdI:

You fall under the false assumption that just because Yorubaland has fewer homosexuals indicate that they're closeted gays.

As for your 1:10 stats . . . . since no Nigerian region has met up to that criteria, should we then call all regions regressive minds?

Redefine progressive minds abeg.

Can I ask a Question, how do you "know" Yorubaland has fewer Homosexxuals?

That's kind of the whole point here......How do you know this to be fact?..you can't see inside peoples bedroom.

Just because its not "tolerated" by society does not mean it does not exist

1 Like

Re: ~~~Cultural Homosexxuality Rates Among Nigerian Ethnic Groups~~~ by Nobody: 8:09pm On Jul 29, 2012
~Royal~:

Can I ask a Question, how do you "know" Yorubaland has fewer Homosexxuals?

That's kind of the whole point here......How do you know this to be fact?..you can't see inside peoples bedroom.

Just because its not "tolerated" by society does not mean it does not exist

The same way most Nigerians know that SE men are more homosexually-oriented.

By the way the world knows. By actions and observations.

And how do you know they're closet gays?

Once again, no Nigerian culture tolerates homosexuals. Yorubas are known for their tolerance (fact, ask any Nigerian). If homosexuality was rampant in Yorubaland, it would have been tolerated by now. We like peace.
Re: ~~~Cultural Homosexxuality Rates Among Nigerian Ethnic Groups~~~ by Nobody: 8:11pm On Jul 29, 2012
Ill do an ethnic analogy

Puerto Ricans are much more openly Gay than Black Men....

If you walk the streets of new york, as a foreigner you would "assume" that Puerto Rican Males have a higher percentage of Gay Men

Why?...

Because Black Culture Condemns Gay men....Therefor more of them are are forced into hiding in the closet.

Translate this to Igbo and Yoruba....

It's not that they are not as gay, because you do not see "open" gay behavior by them as much

It is just that certain "cultures" are less tolerable to it.

You said one of the first gay bars were in the east near the igbos, you also have written that its slightly more acceptable there

That should tell you something.

Look up the homosexxuality rates in Saudia Arabia....Tell me who the hell is "openly gay there"

Do you honestly believe the Saudia Arabian Male population has virtually no gay Men? lol

Re: ~~~Cultural Homosexxuality Rates Among Nigerian Ethnic Groups~~~ by Nobody: 8:12pm On Jul 29, 2012
Ileke-IdI:

The same way most Nigerians know that SE men are more homosexually-oriented.

lol
grin grin grin
Re: ~~~Cultural Homosexxuality Rates Among Nigerian Ethnic Groups~~~ by Nobody: 8:17pm On Jul 29, 2012
Royal, you're still saying the same thing.
Openly gay = higher gay population = progressive mind? Rubbish.
Then you said it was culture. Once again, no culture in Nigeria accepts homosexuality.

You said one of the first gay bars were in the east near the igbos, you also have written that its slightly more acceptable there

Ileke-IdI:

It's more acceptable, but socially, no one will admit it.
It's one of those things you know is happening, but everyone wants to talk against it as if they're not doing it.
95% of the Nigerian homosexuals who come out in Western nations are from the East. It's something, if society accepts, would be done openly.
Okechukwu , I believe was living in Germany before he came back to Nigeria.

Re: ~~~Cultural Homosexxuality Rates Among Nigerian Ethnic Groups~~~ by Nobody: 8:21pm On Jul 29, 2012

That should tell you something.

A man that goes back and forth to Germany built a gay bar. You think a native would build it?
The man knows he can sharply run back to Germany if things get too rough grin
And of course with a larger homosexual population, he gains support from his HS community, not from the overall community in general.

1 Like

Re: ~~~Cultural Homosexxuality Rates Among Nigerian Ethnic Groups~~~ by Nobody: 8:23pm On Jul 29, 2012
Ileke-IdI:
Once again, no Nigerian culture tolerates homosexuals.

Truth be told The High Majority of Most Nations Do not Either

America does not "truly" tolerate Homosexxuals either...It's all a Lie.

Progressive Minds are about progressive, freedom , free living, free flowing...

So when i make reference to to progressive gay males

Im speaking about the Gay Males who are fighting for freedom and rights for "their own"

Compared to the closeted gays who do nothing for "their own" yet engage in the same act.

Don't waste time saying "Nigerian culture do not accept gays"..Because on the Grand Scale Almost No Nations tolerate Gays..."Even America"....

Outside of maybe a few areas in Western Europe..Homosexxuality is pretty much condemned everywhere.

1 Like

Re: ~~~Cultural Homosexxuality Rates Among Nigerian Ethnic Groups~~~ by Nobody: 8:29pm On Jul 29, 2012
Ileke-IdI:

A man that goes back and forth to Germany built a gay bar. You think a native would build it?
The man knows he can sharply run back to Germany if things get too rough grin
And of course with a larger homosexual population, he gains support from his HS community, not from the overall community in general.

The Fact that It was Built though, the "closeted gay igbo men" had an "outlet" to be openly gay...at various points of the day.

That is a form a progression....

Now let me ask you a question...Which came first "the larger homosexxual population"...or the gay clubs?

How do you know the gay clubs and gay night life did not "expose" an undercover closeted homosexxual population that already existed there?

If i open up 10 gay night clubs in lagos nigeria right now...I bet i would make allot of money... wink

There are ways around the "Legality" of certain things lol

1 Like

Re: ~~~Cultural Homosexxuality Rates Among Nigerian Ethnic Groups~~~ by Nobody: 8:31pm On Jul 29, 2012
Viewing this topic: afam4eva(m), Ileke-IdI, ~Royal~, linda_1(f) and[b] 8 guest(s)[/b]

Lmfao@me fighting the "fight" for the Nigerian Males afraid to speak up...

The Liberal Leader Has your Back Son..... cool I gotchu.

1 Like

Re: ~~~Cultural Homosexxuality Rates Among Nigerian Ethnic Groups~~~ by Nobody: 8:31pm On Jul 29, 2012
Progressive Minds are about progressive, freedom , free living, free flowing...

Yorubas are doing exactly what other regions are doing. You call a region progressive when it's verbally attacking it's homosexual citizens. How does that sense?

You still have gay men walking down the street without being lynched. You have more Yoruba LGBT advocates.

You already agreed that high and mighty society does not tolerate homosexuality, what why should easily Yorubas tolerate it?

Like I said, SE part of NIgeria is more homosexually-oriented than other parts of Nigeria. It has nothing to do with cultural acceptance.
Re: ~~~Cultural Homosexxuality Rates Among Nigerian Ethnic Groups~~~ by Nobody: 8:32pm On Jul 29, 2012
Ileke-IdI:
Royal, you're still saying the same thing.
Openly gay = higher gay population = progressive mind? Rubbish.
Then you said it was culture. Once again, no culture in Nigeria accepts homosexuality.

No babii, i did not say anything such.
Re: ~~~Cultural Homosexxuality Rates Among Nigerian Ethnic Groups~~~ by Nobody: 8:35pm On Jul 29, 2012
Ileke-IdI:

Yorubas are doing exactly what other regions are doing. You call a region progressive when it's verbally attacking it's homosexual citizens. How does that sense?

I did not call every person in that region progressive, I am giving respect to the "few" progressive minded warriors willing to make the sacrifice.

What ever man had the "balls" to create a gay night club in the Igbo Regions of Nigeria...Is a Legend.

And as a Result, He Pioneered and Trailblazed for Allot of people who lived miserable lives.

Eke-Id it's very simple...I am not saying "be gay"...what i am saying is...A LARGE majority of your people already are...They are just scared. cheesy
Re: ~~~Cultural Homosexxuality Rates Among Nigerian Ethnic Groups~~~ by Nobody: 8:35pm On Jul 29, 2012
~Royal~:

The Fact that It was Built though, the "closeted gay igbo men" had an "outlet" to be openly gay...at various points of the day.

That is a form a progression....

Now let me ask you a question...Which came first "the larger homosexxual population"...or the gay clubs?

How do you know the gay clubs and gay night life did not "expose" an undercover closeted homosexxual population that already existed there?

If i open up 10 gay night clubs in lagos nigeria right now...I bet i would make allot of money... wink

There are ways around the "Legality" of certain things lol

Going in circles again. Using different words, still same sentence. And ofcourse it will make a lot of money, lage population of Igbos is Yorubaland, esp Lagos.

More gay men in one region = No outlet for other gay men in other region? Rubbish.

Once again:

Ileke-IdI:

You still have gay men walking down the street without being lynched. You have more Yoruba LGBT advocates.

You already agreed that high and mighty society does not tolerate homosexuality, what why should easily Yorubas tolerate it?

Like I said, SE part of NIgeria is more homosexually-oriented than other parts of Nigeria. It has nothing to do with cultural acceptance.
Re: ~~~Cultural Homosexxuality Rates Among Nigerian Ethnic Groups~~~ by Nobody: 8:38pm On Jul 29, 2012
Ileke-IdI:
Going in circles again. Using different words, still same sentence.

Explain, dedicate one post to exactly what you feel i am saying that you dislike.

I give credit to a mentality that is formed through progression...
Re: ~~~Cultural Homosexxuality Rates Among Nigerian Ethnic Groups~~~ by Nobody: 8:38pm On Jul 29, 2012
Ileke-IdI:
More gay men in one region = No outlet for other gay men in other region? Rubbish.

Never said anything of the such, lol
Re: ~~~Cultural Homosexxuality Rates Among Nigerian Ethnic Groups~~~ by Nobody: 8:39pm On Jul 29, 2012
~Royal~:

I did not call every person in that region progressive, I am giving respect to the "few" progressive minded warriors willing to make the sacrifice.

What ever man had the "balls" to create a gay night club in the Igbo Regions of Nigeria...Is a Legend.

And as a Result, He Pioneered and Trailblazed for Allot of people who lived miserable lives.

Eke-Id it's very simple...I am not saying "be gay"...what i am saying is...A LARGE majority of your people already are...They are just scared. cheesy

You're assuming a large population my people are gay because a large population of Americans are. Until you understand that not every region has that 1 to 10 homosexual populations, then you'll understand what I'm saying.

If you assume they're closet gays, then a large number of American men are still closet gay. We might as well shift that ratio to 5:10 of the population.

Yoruba men love that huge Yoruboid ikebe (ass). grin
Re: ~~~Cultural Homosexxuality Rates Among Nigerian Ethnic Groups~~~ by Nobody: 8:40pm On Jul 29, 2012
~Royal~:

Explain, dedicate one post to exactly what you feel i am saying that you dislike.

I give credit to a mentality that is formed through progression...

Ileke-IdI:

Once again. . . . cool
Re: ~~~Cultural Homosexxuality Rates Among Nigerian Ethnic Groups~~~ by Nobody: 8:42pm On Jul 29, 2012
Ileke-IdI:

How do you know if a "region"(within the same country i might add) is more Homosexxually Oriented than other parts of the same Nation?...

You can not see inside peoples bedrooms...

This is like saying new york is more "gay" than Texas...

No...those rednecks just don't do it openly...LoL

its there, you just can't "see it"....

It has nothing to do with cultural acceptance.

Really Eke-Id?...You really believe that?

So Arab Muslims are Truthfully 99% heterosexxual?

...Lets Keep it Real....

Culture has "EVERYTHING" to do with it.
Re: ~~~Cultural Homosexxuality Rates Among Nigerian Ethnic Groups~~~ by Nobody: 8:43pm On Jul 29, 2012
~Royal~:

Never said anything of the such, lol

Not in those words.

You assume that because Igbos have larger gay population they have an outlet to come out and party.

Since Yorubas have lower gay population, they don't have an outlet.

There are closet gays in every population, but you cannot wrongly assume that Yorubas have larger populations of them. You're just throwing assumptions at me.
Re: ~~~Cultural Homosexxuality Rates Among Nigerian Ethnic Groups~~~ by Nobody: 8:43pm On Jul 29, 2012
Ileke-IdI:
then a large number of American men are still closet gay.

They sure are.
Re: ~~~Cultural Homosexxuality Rates Among Nigerian Ethnic Groups~~~ by Nobody: 8:45pm On Jul 29, 2012
~Royal~:

How do you know if a "region"(within the same country i might add) is more Homosexxually Oriented than other parts of the same Nation?...

You can not see inside peoples bedrooms...

This is like saying new york is more "gay" than Texas...

No...those rednecks just don't do it openly...LoL

its there, you just can't "see it"....

Really Eke-Id?...You really believe that?

So Arab Muslims are Truthfully 99% heterosexxual?

...Lets Keep it Real....

Culture has "EVERYTHING" to do with it.

In Nigeria, variant #s of gays in different regions have almost nothing to do with cultural acceptance because no culture in Nigeria finds it any more acceptable than the other.

I'm not talking about other countries.
Re: ~~~Cultural Homosexxuality Rates Among Nigerian Ethnic Groups~~~ by Nobody: 8:45pm On Jul 29, 2012
Ileke-IdI:
Since Yorubas have lower gay population

Once again...how do you "know" this for certain?....What is this based on? lol

Various Sidewalk pedestrians?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Y Most African Doesn't Like It When People Say They Look Like African! / Its Official, Igbos Can No Longer Claim To Have Some Isreali DNA :) / Warning To Nigerian Girls

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.