Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,604 members, 7,820,162 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 10:43 AM

Warning To Nigerian Girls - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Warning To Nigerian Girls (8391 Views)

6 Reasons Gender Equality is beneficial To Nigerian MEN And Society At Large / The Nuba Peoples Of North Sudan (warning: Tribal Nudity) / Many Nigerian Girls in nigeria have sugar daddy(aristo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Warning To Nigerian Girls by Nobody: 12:42am On Mar 05, 2008
This is from a sister who cares about her fellow sisters.
I don see things and hear tori for America
Beware of some Nigerian men coming home from the USA and Europe looking for wives.
All that glitters is not gold.
Many ladies have broken engagements from worthy suitors for "men abroad" only to arrive here and find out that Okeke is a pizza delivery man not a business man or that the rich neighborhood he lived in was a mouldy basement in someone's house.
This is a warning from a kind lady who loves her Nigerian brothers but will not spare the wayo ones using and abusing naive girls desperate to flee Nigeria at all costs.
Re: Warning To Nigerian Girls by RDynamite(f): 12:44am On Mar 05, 2008
lmao. . grin

BO, thanks wink
Re: Warning To Nigerian Girls by Gamine(f): 12:48am On Mar 05, 2008
Thank you o maram smiley

We dey hear!

lol,

Chai, the things people will do oo. , . .
Re: Warning To Nigerian Girls by romeo(m): 1:28pm On Mar 05, 2008
nwando:

Beware of some Nigerian men coming home from the USA and Europe looking for wives.
Many ladies have broken engagements from worthy suitors for "men abroad" only to arrive here and find out that Okeke is a pizza delivery man not a business man or that the rich neighborhood he lived in was a mouldy basement in someone's house.
This is a warning from a kind lady who loves her Nigerian brothers but will not spare the wayo ones using and abusing naive girls desperate to flee Nigeria at all costs.

Which kind nonsense bad belle be dis one? wetin concern you say okeke na pizza boy? abi pizza boys no suppose get wife again? abeg shape your mouth well next time you wan talk about me and my friends angry angry angry angry angry angry angry
Re: Warning To Nigerian Girls by Blatant: 1:48pm On Mar 05, 2008
What exactly is wrong with Okeke being a pizza delivery boy or wanting to get married?
Re: Warning To Nigerian Girls by tpia: 2:26pm On Mar 05, 2008
you guys are missing the point.

Okeke may have lied about his occupation to the prospective bride. Could be delivery man, security guard or cab driver saying he's a doctor, lawyer or important business man abroad. Nothing wrong with any of these occupations, but why lie to someone you say you care about and want to marry. What about when she discovers the reality.

The wife arrives joyfully overseas only to discover her dream prince is actually the opposite. Nothing wrong with that, except he shouldnt have deceived her in the first place.

happens a lot.

There's a story somewhere about someone whose girlfriend is thinking of sponsoring their entire wedding and engagement since the guy has no money. Some girls don't mind these kind of things, as long as the man is telling the truth.  cool
Re: Warning To Nigerian Girls by romeo(m): 2:55pm On Mar 05, 2008
tpia:

you guys are missing the point.

Okeke may have lied about his occupation to the prospective bride. Could be delivery man, security guard or cab driver saying he's a doctor, lawyer or important business man abroad. Nothing wrong with any of these occupations, but why lie to someone you say you care about and want to marry. What about when she discovers the reality.

The wife arrives joyfully overseas only to discover her dream prince is actually the opposite. Nothing wrong with that, except he shouldnt have deceived her in the first place.

happens a lot.

There's a story somewhere about someone whose girlfriend is thinking of sponsoring their entire wedding and engagement since the guy has no money. Some girls don't mind these kind of things, as long as the man is telling the truth. cool

What exactly is your bizness with that? If a girl marries me because i am in Europe or because i have some money to throw around, then that is her Bizness. I don't know any guy that lies to the wife to be knowing that they will live together under the same roof.

Some guys might lie to babes just for a fling, but not for marriage. Except if the poster was a victim of that or knew a victim of that.

All those pizza boys and cleaners do not ride okada in Nigeria like their counterparts that work in offices, coupled with their big houses and their big mortgage debt that they pay through the nose. hahahaha cheesy cheesy

nonsense thread my sister Nwando cheesy cheesy
Re: Warning To Nigerian Girls by ifyalways(f): 7:21pm On Mar 05, 2008
nwando:

nice talk but Yet,If a girl decides to break her engagement with any home based suitor cos of a dude from America,then its her cross to carry.whatever comes out of it,she has to endure,manage or/and even enjoy.
There is really nothing wrong with being a delivery man or even a vendor.its better than being a Robber.as long as there is food on the table,bills are paid and TLC for the wife. . .what else tongue
my humble opinion sha.
Re: Warning To Nigerian Girls by RDynamite(f): 9:01pm On Mar 05, 2008
Tpia, got that right.

You guys are getting it twisted. I live in Europe and Romeo I'm sure you'll testify to what I have to say.

These guys are big time drug dealers here in Europe but when they go back home they say they're working in a company or that their business is "shipping and clearing" grin. When the girl now finally gets married and finds out her hubby is a drug dealer, ummm. . . that's a story for another day entirely.

BO
, is sounding a warning because she cares. If a man told me he was a hotel manager in NY and I end up finding out he is actually the hotel cab driver, I'll be pissed! No two ways about it. grin

It's not wrong for Okeke or Ngbafor to be a pizza man grin but he shouldn't lie about it. If a girl don't like the way you are and what you do then make she carry go. There are girls who love pizza a lot grin
Re: Warning To Nigerian Girls by Dreloaded(f): 9:06pm On Mar 05, 2008
osisi, gist us with real examples tongue
Re: Warning To Nigerian Girls by naijadiva2(f): 10:17pm On Mar 05, 2008
that is so true. i know someone who is a cab driver here in america but he went back home to find a wife. he met this lady, and they've been talking for a while. he told her that he was a lawyer and drives a mercedes. but he didn't know that the lady was a gold digger. she married him thinking that when she comes here, she is going to be living "the life". but of course that marriage didn't work because she found out that he was lying and she took the remaining money and bought a ticket back to nigeria and left the child that they had together with the man. and i haven't seen her again. but i think she came back to live here because they always go to court to decide who is going to pay child support.
Re: Warning To Nigerian Girls by Radiant(f): 11:16pm On Mar 05, 2008
naija_diva:

but i think she came back to live here because they always go to court to decide who is going to pay child support.

grin grin grin

Tiffy, what are you trying to say? tongue
Re: Warning To Nigerian Girls by tempestous: 11:17pm On Mar 05, 2008
@nwando
omo, thanks for the info, jare. what some ppl will do for the sake of desperation
Re: Warning To Nigerian Girls by Nobody: 12:28am On Mar 06, 2008
Friends and nairalanders including my bro Romeo,there is nothing wrong with cab driving,nothing wrong with "throwing" pizza and the Washington times at unholy hours.
I am talking about men who visit home at Christmas time and Easter after their people have organised them a lorry full of girls to choose from. grin

They change the little pounds and dollars they have and mesmerize these naive girls with supposed wealth,tell them lies.

Before you say "Okija",his people are knocking on the door,traditional marriage in absentia ,her friends wearing ashoebi are "jealousing" her.
Few months later Mgbafor is in South Central LA.
Many girls have had rude awakenings.
I'm just warning my sisters in Naija to ask questions and be cautious.
I've been in America over a decade and I've heard stories upon stories and seen girls curse the pilot and plane that brougt them to JFK airport.
Re: Warning To Nigerian Girls by Radiant(f): 12:34am On Mar 06, 2008
nwando:

seen girls curse the pilot and plane that brougt them to JFK airport.

Rofl. . . grin
Re: Warning To Nigerian Girls by Nobody: 12:35am On Mar 06, 2008
D-reloaded:

osisi, gist us with real examples tongue

where shall I begin ?
The stories are just too numerous.
The pizza story is a true one,a friend I met here in the USA married an 'Americana' supposedly an Engineer and arrived unexpectedly to find out he was a college drop out delivering pizza,doing fraud (akpuruka) on the side and sleeping on a friends couch.
They have since divorced.

A girl in my college days in Naija married this 'Americana' with 2 necks who came to the teaching hospital specifically looking for a doctor wife.
The girl arrived here and found out everything she was told was a big lie.
They've been divorced since
Re: Warning To Nigerian Girls by Radiant(f): 1:30am On Mar 06, 2008
LOL. . . America the great country! tongue
Re: Warning To Nigerian Girls by spoilt(f): 4:17am On Mar 06, 2008
Too many nigerian girls have been deceived.
These men actually encourage these girls to dig on them. They max out their credit cards to go home and 'shine'. These guys come around using money to do people shut-up. shocked
Na wa oh. I always tell my friends never to marry long distance. these guys never tell the truth about what they really do. undecided
Re: Warning To Nigerian Girls by tRoOE(f): 8:31am On Mar 06, 2008
@topic
duh who doesn't know that wink only mumu and desperate ladies will fall for that crap
Re: Warning To Nigerian Girls by Nobody: 4:23pm On Mar 06, 2008
tRoOE:

@topic
duh who doesn't know that wink only mumu and desperate ladies will fall for that crap

well dear if that's what you call it,I'm sad to report that the mumu and desperate ladies (most of them college educated) may have out numbered the non mumu and non desperate ones since these stories are all too common.
Re: Warning To Nigerian Girls by toshmann(m): 5:19pm On Mar 06, 2008
nwando:

A girl in my college days in Naija married this 'Americana' with 2 necks who came to the teaching hospital specifically looking for a doctor wife.
The girl arrived here and found out everything she was told was a big lie.
They've been divorced since

as they divorce finish, the babe been return to naija?

make una stop this sexism wey una de practice for here o undecided BabyO you are a serious sand-for-garri expert angry anybabe wey come abroad must take wetin she see, after all the dude came abroad with great hopes too only to jam palava.
warning to nigerian men: beware of nigerian based women who claim to be qualified nurses, some of them are nurse-eliza and cant even write some of the exams that are necessary to practice in the states.

by the way, nne, i'm about to seal my marriage cheesy we still have some problems though, religious one(she's catholic and i'm not) but we are working on it. i'll be in new jersey next week to see her parents cheesy

wish me luck cool
Re: Warning To Nigerian Girls by LadyT(f): 5:22pm On Mar 06, 2008
WOW congrats Toshmann, No contraception for you then. Dont worry I like kids you can send me two if it gets too much kiss
Re: Warning To Nigerian Girls by tRoOE(f): 5:25pm On Mar 06, 2008
nwando:

well dear if that's what you call it,I'm sad to report that the mumu and desperate ladies (most of them college educated) may have out numbered the non mumu and non desperate ones since these stories are all too common.
Well do you believe them when majority of them are trying to jand abroad to have a better life since the economic in Nigeria is beyond terrible.

Btw, it obvious they just got married to those men for papers, if they truly love their husbands, then they shouldn't have problem sticking behind him. Moreover he married and brought her abroad
Re: Warning To Nigerian Girls by Dreloaded(f): 5:26pm On Mar 06, 2008
Lmao T

toshmann is in for it. He'll end up with 15 children and mot Catholics dont believe in anything other than missionary.

Lmao. Congrats tosh! tongue
Re: Warning To Nigerian Girls by naijadiva2(f): 5:35pm On Mar 06, 2008
tRoOE:

Well do you believe them when majority of them are trying to jand abroad to have a better life since the economic in Nigeria is beyond terrible.

Btw, it obvious they just got married to those men for papers, if they surly love their husbands, then they shouldn't have problem sticking behind him. Moreover he married and brought her abroad

whether or not its about love, i don't think that you have to lie just to impress someone. if u live a useless life, u live a useless life. if the woman doesn't appreciate you for who you are then you know she's not the one. and also the man shouldn't have to lie about the kind of life he lives because what if he meets someone who is truly genuine and is not after his money and she moves in with him just to find out that he's a strugling guy who can't afford crap. of course i would be pissed and pack my bags and leave.
Re: Warning To Nigerian Girls by Nobody: 5:55pm On Mar 06, 2008
toshmann:

make una stop this sexism wey una de practice for here o undecided BabyO you are a serious sand-for-garri expert angry anybabe wey come abroad must take wetin she see, after all the dude came abroad with great hopes too only to jam palava.
warning to nigerian men: beware of nigerian based women who claim to be qualified nurses, some of them are nurse-eliza and can't even write some of the exams that are necessary to practice in the states.

by the way, nne, i'm about to seal my marriage cheesy we still have some problems though, religious one(she's catholic and i'm not) but we are working on it. i'll be in new jersey next week to see her parents cheesy

wish me luck cool

Come and join me sing Halleluiaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
Jehovah jireh has done me weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeellllll
come and join me sing Halleluia ooooooooooo
Jehovah nisi has done me weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeelllll

come and see oo
come and see
come and see ooooooo
come and see
come and see what the Lord has done
come and see what my God has done
Re: Warning To Nigerian Girls by echelon(m): 6:03pm On Mar 06, 2008
@ nwando

Is it also true that most guys there come home to marry when they are ready for marriage, instead of getting mates there? I'm sure we have enough nigerian ladies there. I think you are making a case for these ladies, to stop the guys from looking homewards.
Re: Warning To Nigerian Girls by tRoOE(f): 6:08pm On Mar 06, 2008
naija_diva:

whether or not its about love, i don't think that you have to lie just to impress someone. if u live a useless life, u live a useless life. if the woman doesn't appreciate you for who you are then you know she's not the one. and also the man shouldn't have to lie about the kind of life he lives because what if he meets someone who is truly genuine and is not after his money and she moves in with him just to find out that he's a strugling guy who can't afford crap. of course i would be pissed and pack my bags and leave.
First of all, most women back home enjoys to be deceived by men, they dislike hearing the truth. Whenever someone returns home from abroad, they automatically thinks he’s are rich without investigating how he became rich so fast or is source of money, Nigerian women back home want to get marry/date guys abroad because they are so materialistic and greedy. That is why they fall for those cheap lies

Re: Warning To Nigerian Girls by Nobody: 6:23pm On Mar 06, 2008
na so so wonders Jesus dey do
na so so wonder Jesus dey do
I say na so so wonders daddy dey do
eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
he has done it for me
eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
he has done it for me
ewooooooooooooooo
he has done it fo moi

now all the single girls on nairaland can rest easy!
Toshmann is now entangled

Tosh I wish you well
If you need help negotiating the bride price ,you know where to find me smiley
what shall I say unto the Lord
all I want to say,thank you Lord
Re: Warning To Nigerian Girls by romeo(m): 6:46pm On Mar 06, 2008
toshmann:

warning to nigerian men: beware of nigerian based women who claim to be qualified nurses, some of them are nurse-eliza and can't even write some of the exams that are necessary to practice in the states.

wish me luck cool

grin grin grin grin grin One big stout for you jare
Re: Warning To Nigerian Girls by Nobody: 6:51pm On Mar 06, 2008
echelon:

@ nwando

Is it also true that most guys there come home to marry when they are ready for marriage, instead of getting mates there? I'm sure we have enough nigerian ladies there. I think you are making a case for these ladies, to stop the guys from looking homewards.

my dear most of them go home
looking for "virgin" wives
they think girls abroad are too "open eye"
or could be because the girls sabi them well well
so many go home and deceive girls in naija with lies
Re: Warning To Nigerian Girls by romeo(m): 7:12pm On Mar 06, 2008
nwando:

my dear most of them go home
looking for "virgin" wives
they think girls abroad are too "open eye"
or could be because the girls sabi them well well
so many go home and deceive girls in naija with lies

cheesy cheesy cheesy

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

The African Elites Of India / New Scam Format. BEWARE / Can You Guess The Ethnic Group? (contest)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.